jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Google analytics not working

1. warchild75 profile image47
    warchild75posted 8 years ago

I have added the digits into the right box under affiliates and it says it is active but when i click on analytics and it takes me to the page it does not give me any details just says status not active and to paste a huge code in to the webpage which i dont think i can do.Can someone help me set the thing up.Thanks.

2. compu-smart profile image79
    compu-smartposted 8 years ago

Maybe your placing the arong code into your Analytics settings!

Go to your Analytics account!

You will see something like this --->Analytics Settings - your name  click------->( Edit Account and Data Sharing Settings )

Now you should be on a page  where you should see your account ID

Mine is Account ID:     UA- 177???? Yours will be a similer format..

Copy this into your hubpage affiliate settings! it may take a little while to register!

Good luck!

3. Squimpleton profile image60
    Squimpletonposted 8 years ago

I have the same problem. I followed all of the directions in the Help section and waited a week. No luck. Did it again and am still waiting for it to work.

I just figure it doesn't like me...

4. hutchinsonm profile image61
    hutchinsonmposted 8 years ago

Just a reminder for everyone - You Google Analytics will take up to 24 hours to start working.  When I did mine - I had to wait until the next day to see any results

5. warchild75 profile image47
    warchild75posted 8 years ago

Yeah,no joy here either im afraid have had the code in there for at least a couple of weeks now with no joy.Just keeps saying not tracking status not active.Yet next to where i put the code in it says active.Its doing my head in.

6. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 8 years ago

Do you click into Google analytics from Hubpages?  On the link below all of your affiliate info?  When I go into it from a direct link or bookmark, it doesn't work.  It only works when I click into it from the Hubpages link.

This is probably not your problem, but I thought I would share just in case.