Current Glitches on HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (112 posts)
  1. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

A lot of Hubbers have mentioned the glitch with the Hub keyword tab (no keywords showing up currently).

A lot of Hubbers have mentioned the glitch with individual Hub stats (showing only traffic from Google.com and Hubpages.com, and from nowhere else).

Another little glitch just reared up.  I was not able to navigate from page 1 to other pages of "Your" Forum Activity.  The message said, "Oops (blah-blah-blah) we're unable to access Unanswered Forum Activity" - not what I wanted.  And then, when I went to Unanswered Forum Activity, I was able to navigate just fine.

Just FYI.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All roads lead to Rome.. when you click on a hub stats for week or days or keyword all show the hub metrics graph..
      title tuner says no hubs found.
      Please sort out these glitches.

2. Bendo13 profile image77
      Bendo13posted 12 years agoin reply to this

New glitch... can't add pictures??

It's doing that editing thing again where it will gray out and you can't click anything if you try to add a picture through a URL, fail... then try again...

Going to Firefox now... Stop changing things HubPages!

3. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Aficionada - Just a quick note that engineering has fixed this problem. smile

Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo!!!!  I just checked and saw them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - every one of you awesome engineers!

And thank you, Jason, for reporting this!

Yes, there are other viewers besides the ones from the Philippines (whom I really do appreciate with my whole heart), and there is also greatly increasing traffic from Yahoo and Bing - yahoo!! ba-da-Bing!!

Ahhhh....

2. Aficionada profile image80

Could you tell I was so excited about the repair of the stats glitch that I didn't even notice this was in response to the navigation glitch?

This is just more and more awesome.  You all rock!  Thank you!

Here is the exact message, from Google actually.

"Oops! Internet Explorer could not find unanswered.hubpages.comforum"

I wasn't trying to find Unanswered.  I was trying to go from page 1 to page 2 of My Forum Activity.

3. Aficionada profile image80

I haven't experienced the gray-out glitch yet myself.

I do understand the probable reasons for the glitches - the new features and changes going on this week.  I just figured if they could sort of be consolidated or enumerated in one spot, it might help out the engineers as they work on getting things sorted.  I hope-ah-hope-ah-hope.

1. Bendo13 profile image77

It just did it to me again!

I was adding my second picture to a different capsule and no upload buttons are seen and it bumped me all the way to the top of my page... so I scrolled down and was like %#%#^!  I hope this goes away very soon because I hate having to retype things.

I clicked save and bam... grayed out and I can't do anything.

4. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

Aficionada - Thank you for reporting all of these! We are currently starting the first test of the move of user accounts to subdomains, and this was a major engineering undertaking, so it might have inadvertently caused some of these bugs.

I will try to replicate these and send them to engineering.

Is this move going to change the URL that links to our profiles?
      or our hubs?

I hope not, because that's years of backlinking I don't want to have to go through again.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61

Yes, they will change - that's the crux of the move. Your profile will go to your subdomain (look at where http://hubpages.com/profile/Paul+Edmondson goes), and all Hubs will redirect to the same URL under the subdomain.

Most of the backlink value will pass through to the redirect destination (i.e. the new links) automatically.

Hmm ok.. it's good that they redirect but "most" of the backlink value?

I'm not sure people on here can handle dropping from the Google search engine rankings even more.

Why the shift to subdomains?

Bendo13, have you read the forum threads and Paul E's blog post about this?

http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/06/prepar … ess-panda/

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77245

The move is an attempt to make it possible for search engines to separate out the good authors from the not-so-good, even if they post on the same site (as here at HP).  At least, that's the way I understand it, in a nutshell.  But Paul E clearly has said that there may be negative as well as positive results, and so they are testing it first on a few staff accounts to see the impact; later with a few Hubber accounts; then - we'll see.

No I heard nothing about it... it's hard to stay updated on this site because the announcements are all over the place.

This would have been nice info in the HubPages update email we just got.

We're working on adding notifications to the signed-in homepage and maybe on the My Account page.

Not everyone "consumes" HubPages in the same way. Some (not all) read the blog, some (not all) read the forums, some (not all) read the emails we send, etc.

It might be a good idea to drop the section in the forums or the blog... (the blog seems like a better option to keep because you can do more with it) and then send out emails anytime there's a big announcement that directions them to the blog.

I rarely ever read the blog because I'm only ever directed to it in the forums... and I only read the announcements in the forums when I happen to come in here to post myself... and I only really read the top of the updates you email because there's sooo much in that email.

Just a thought though... to help cut down on the options, focus people into one area and no one has to complain they didn't hear about it wink

Or maybe keep them both, but have all important announcements automatically show on top of our account page.

I think almost everyone on here looks at their account page to check stats and so on.

2. Bendo13 profile image77

Looks somewhat promising if they've seen some results that have gotten some hubs their old rankings back.    I'd just hate to see like 4 year old hubs drop from the rankings but we'll see.

I'm glad this can help weed out all the crappy accounts though and finally make HubPages whole again.

What about the affiliate links?  How will they look with the new subdomain deals?  Use them the same way right after the .com?

2. Neil Sperling profile image59
          Neil Sperlingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL -- Upgrades ALWAYS cause problems.... I look forward to seeing stats on hits as they were....

Good luck to your engineering team..... may I learn patience yesterday so I can practice patience tomorrow with a smile LOL

Great quote, Neil!!

@ ezhang, one more thing to add to Cardisa's comments:  I usually receive one e-mail each day listing the new hubs by authors I follow.  Today I didn't - and I'm okay with that; but, since others were reporting this too, it made sense that there could be some unreported glitch.

I double-checked just now and there have been a couple of new hubs published by authors I follow - that is, they were not listed in yesterday's e-mail, but they were long ago enough that I believe they should have been in an e-mail today.  (22 hours, in one case.)

As I said, I don't mind waiting until tomorrow for the notification.  I just wanted you all to be aware of it, if it is a glitch that needs attention.  For me, it's pretty far down the list in importance, but since I don't know what glitches are interrelated, I figure it could possibly be more helpful for you to have the information than not to.

Thanks again - You guys are super!

3. profile image0
          Multimanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is meant by "most of the backlink value"  will the backlinks still work or not, I have gone through a lot of trouble getting them and having to go back and change them  even a litttle will hurt a lot.

As you might imagine, Google doesn't specify. Matt Cutts mentions that there is some loss in PageRank by redirecting through a 301 redirect in this interview in 2010:
            http://www.stonetemple.com/articles/int … 2510.shtml

Keep in mind that the current setup on hubpages.com is not restoring traffic - copied content is outranking the original Hub in some cases - so the move to subdomains, even if it means a bit of a loss of PageRank, is still preferable to the status quo, although we'll know for sure after the current test is completed in the coming weeks.

1. profile image0

Thanks, this infor mation is helpful, if there is a problem I will redo the backlink if I have to for a 175 hubs and re ping with the new domain.  Oh well.

2. lrohner profile image69
              lrohnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, am I the only one taking umbrage to this? What this post says to me is that HubPages is spitting in the wind and hoping for the best.

And no, Jason, a loss of PageRank is not necessarily preferable to the "status quo," mainly because you haven't given things enough time to determine what the "status quo" is. You guys are making changes without letting the dust settle from them. PVs dropped from (according to Quantcast) over 3 million pageviews to less than 1 million. Who in their right mind thinks that those numbers will come back in a few weeks or months. That kind of rebound takes many months to years.

Good Lord, are you all really that gullible?

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
                Mrvoodooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, am I the only one taking umbrage to this?

If not, you're certainly one of the few 'knowledgeable' hubbers left that has:

(a) Any faith that HubPages have any interest in the concerns of their writers anymore.
                (b) Any belief that the HP staff in general have any real idea of what they're doing.

smile

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
                  Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was nothing in lrohner's comment saying she had faith in HP about anything. How do you twist your logic so?

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
                    Mrvoodooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol, the belated comeback.  Do you feel better now?

My response to Ironher was meant sarcastically.  In reference to the fact that most others who would have taken umbrage, gave up trying long ago, and have already cut their losses and ran.

Thanks, Jason!  I have assumed that the glitches we were seeing were related to the subdomain test.  Since I know absolutely nothing about engineering, I realize that one simple change could correct all of these glitches at the same time - or maybe not smile !  I thought it would help to have them listed together AMAP, so that you all didn't have to sort through fifty different forum threads to find them.  We appreciate what you are doing. big_smile

Thanks, Aficionada. smile I'm not an engineer either, but you really do get a glimpse of the enormous undertaking that's involved. The engineering team has done an impressive job behind the scenes.

I so believe this!  I cannot even begin to imagine the work that is involved.  Kudos to them.

2. Cardisa profile image88
          Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is it a glitch that I did not get the hubs published by my favorite authors today by email?

Maybe there's a delay?

Or did the email come but it didn't have the links you expected?

Cardisa, Jason may answer this before I toss in my two cents' worth.  First, yes that is probably a glitch, in my opinion.

There is another new feature in the works (besides the subdomain test).  Ari is working on a new, better system for Forum Following and alerting hubbers to activity they/we want to know about.  My guess is that the e-mail glitch could be related to that feature - but it's a guess only!  In any case, it's good to list it here, so they can be notified of it.  I too did not receive my usual e-mail about new hubs today.  We'll see.

3. ezhang profile image81
            ezhangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If the newly hubs by your favorites authors were published today, then you may have to wait till tomorrow before receiving the email.

These emails are sent daily, so you may end up receiving the full list tomorrow.

1. Cardisa profile image88
              Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The hubs published yesterday did not arrive at all. The email was not sent (received by me).

I know my authors published new hubs yesterday because I got them all in my feed/homepage.

Ezhang, I know I will not get the hubs published today until tomorrow...thank you

5. Aficionada profile image80

Bummer, here's another one.  This is actually a long-standing glitch that I have never mentioned, but since I just ran across it again, I will now.

In the Advanced Search dialog box, when a phrase is typed into the "Exact Phrase" box and then "Search" is clicked, nothing happens - other than that the search term just disappears.  No results, no message, no nothing.

sad

1. ezhang profile image81

Hey Aficionada,

Can you confirm your operating system and browser so we can try taking a look at this bug?

Also, when you type your search phrase into the this exact phrase box, does anything show up in the top search area?

(The expected behavior would be that, the search box in the top will have quotes around them. ie, if you typed in flowers into the this exact phrase box, then the top box would show the term "flowers")

Thanks for reporting a bug.

Version    5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Browser : IE 8

Version    8.0.6001.18702

Most of the time that I have noticed this particular bug, nothing shows up in the top search area, either with or without quotes.  I believe that early on, the phrase with quotes did appear there, but then disappeared when I clicked on Search. (And nothing happened - no search results or messages.)  i apologize for waiting so long to report it.  It's just not been at the top of the list for me in a while.

Oh my goodness!  Thank you for taking care of "pest control," ezhang!!

Pest has been added to our to-be-exterminated list.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Another glitch I've noticed is that when you receive email notification that someone has commented on your hub, the link no longer takes to the the comments section, and instead just opens the hub in question at the top.

Not important, but no doubt part and parcel of everything else that isn't working quite right.

This is similar to a glitch reported by Sally's Trove, here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77812#post1682813

2. ezhang profile image81

IzzM and Aficionada,

I've noted for our team, and we're looking into the bug (and we understand that it can be quite irritating to not land on the correct comment).

Expect to have this fixed by next week (I know, it's a bit of a wait, sorry...)

Thanks again for helping note the bugs for our pest control team wink

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Oh and the page numbers at the foot of each thread is showing the next page number before there is a next page, if you know what I mean.

I had noticed something weird about the numbers too, Izzy, but I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was wrong.  They seem to function correctly, but they do look different.  Are they underlined differently now?

2. ezhang profile image81

We did change around the numbering layout a little bit (hopefully making it easier to read).

The current page used to be underlined, but we decided that this is counter-intuitive (as underline usually refers to a link). So we made the decision to switch our layout, and only underline clickable items (other pages).

I hope this explains it!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I knew something was different!

8. Aficionada profile image80

ezhang, you ROCK!  Thanks!

[PS/EDIT - Just hoping to make sure you noticed that the link I provided above is not precisely the same bug as the one IzzyM mentioned - close but a little different.  Thanks again.  Y'all have a nice weekend!]

No worries, I've noticed smile I suspect they are the same bug code-wise though, so I suspect that we can nail two birds with one stone.

9. Aficionada profile image80

Oh, gulp.  so sorry, but here's another little one.

On the HP blog entries, instead of one button showing the number of Tweets and another button showing the number of Facebook Likes, there are two identical buttons showing the number of Tweets (twice).  Say that three times fast!

One list grows shorter while another one grows longer.  Ah, well, I know the bugs will all get squashed eventually.  smile

10. Aficionada profile image80

Here's another possible bug or maybe just an ordinary, everyday problem with Tables:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77827

@ Bendo - that last idea you mentioned actually sounds like it might have potential, IMO.  I myself would probably just go for a brief message that would direct people to the blog article or forum post.  But I tend to agree with you: a lot of active Hubbers are likely to see something on their stats page that they would miss otherwise.

11. Aficionada profile image80

One more problem has been mentioned here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1683540

by hubber Greensleeves Hub, regarding a problem with using underlining in a text capsule.

12. Aficionada profile image80

Another thread about problems with receiving e-mails about new hubs and a problem with unexplained decline in traffic:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77863#post1683732

13. Aficionada profile image80

I started this thread last week in an attempt to have a more-or-less central place for posting the various bugs and glitches that are occurring.

For those who don't know yet, a lot of these current glitches relate to some of the new features being incorporated into HP right now.  It's quite possible that the correction of one bug will take care of several others at the same time; but I don't know this for sure, and so I think it is worthwhile to mention all of them - even though it may not be necessary, strictly speaking.

Today, I have seen numerous problems mentioned in a bunch of different threads, and I am suggesting that it could (possibly) be helpful to have them all listed here.  I feel confident that the engineers do check through all of the threads to find problems, and so I believe that they will find whatever has been posted elsewhere - eventually.  It just seemed to me that it might streamline the process to have one location for that purpose right now.  - Less likelihood of an orphan thread being lost in obscurity, and all that. smile

I won't be in a position to keep this thread alive today, so I am just offering it for others to keep up, if they wish.

In browsing, I found this one lost thread, among others: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77902

The problem there has to do with the "Link to This" feature.
    Others that I have seen have mentioned the absence of notification e-mails (carry-over from last week) and the absence of views or impressions on 6/25 (perhaps a weekend lag in updating data from HubAd partners?).

Have a great day, everyone! smile

Thank you so much for this, Aficionada. I think the notifications bug should be fixed shortly, and your link to jponiato's thread was very helpful. smile

14. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

Here's another one.

In this Hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Chris-Christie- … e-Response

The links in the text (not in the bulleted items at the end) take you to a page with this message:

"Sorry, we can't find "hubpages.comhttp". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above."

As I'm using Chrome, I can see the intended destinations down in the status bar, and they do carry the names of the Hubs, formatted like this:

hubpages.comhttp//hubpages.com/hub/[name of hub]

Obviously, the text links are essentially dead.

I see that but see also that on other Hubs this isn't the case. Maybe this user used the Email this page feature, which is probably rather unusual.

Jason, if that's the case, maybe HP can contact the user. He/she doesn't have the "contact" option enabled, otherwise I'd do it.

Didn't even know there was an "email this page" feature. Where is it? A search of help doesn't return any results.

My apologies - the feature is called "Link to this page" and it appears when you click the "Share" button at the bottom of a Hub, next to the Vote Up and Vote Down buttons.

Maybe you can leave a comment on that user's Hub? S/he seems to respond to them. (Would be good to offer you the opportunity for goodwill since you caught it. smile)

Thank you very much, but I don't need opportunities for good will here. I have plenty of it without actively seeking it. At the same time, I did comment on the Hubber's Hub, because it was clear to me that you (HP) wouldn't.

The Hubber subsequently fixed the links, but has no idea how those faulty links happened (as commented on recently at the end of the Hub in question). I don't think he/she did anything out of the ordinary in inserting those links, since this is a long-time and accomplished Hubber.

When something goes wrong during this time of enormous change to HP, put the burden of proof on the team instead of on an experienced Hubber.

It's not our job as Hubbers to perform quality control for HP changes or run interference between team and Hubbers.

1. profile image0

Amen to that!

smile

2. Jason Menayan profile image61

I would have contacted the user if you didn't want to.

In order for the engineering team to diagnose a problem, I have to either be able to reproduce it on my end, or detect a pattern.

I looked at that user's other recent Hubs and none of them had any problems with the links. It's possible s/he used the Link to this Page tool and didn't notice the links weren't right, but I don't know for sure.

If there are other Hubs with this same problem across accounts, then I can ask engineering to see if there's a pattern.

Yes, I guess you should ask the engineering team to take a look.

Do you know of any other Hubs with the same pattern?

Jason, Paradise7 reported something similar a few minutes ago in this thread.

If you'd like me to help you continue to troubleshoot, I'll send you my invoice. smile

2. jponiato profile image88
                    jponiatoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I reported this in another thread.  I just went through all 5 of my hubs, and they are all doing this, ie; click 'share', 'link to this hub' and the link that gets created has 'http://hubpages.com' in it twice: once before and once after the tracking code.

2. Sally's Trove profile image79

Jason, here's another Hub with the same problem, different Hubber:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Women-Over-40-S … Hairstyles

Clearly, this is not Hubber error. Every one of the text links begins with hubpages.comhttp//

If you don't mind, I'm not going to contact this Hubber, as I did the other one...I have already done my community bit regarding this glitch.

smile

Thanks for letting me know, ST. smile I'll contact the Hubber.

15. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

I've had some trouble with broken links, also quite a bit of trouble with adding pictures to my hubs.  I've experienced the grey page thing when trying to get a pic in there.  What worked for me on that is to "Save Unpublished", go out, come back in, then I can get the pic in there, no problem.  So I'd consider that a minor glitch.

The broken links thing is really pesky.  I've had to delete one heck of a lot of links, and there are probably a few I've missed.  I tried to add a link to the Elie Wiesel Foundation to Humanity on my latest hub, and found when I tested it, it led to the nowhere others have mentioned here.  I left it up, hoping someone in HubPages will fix whatever problem there is with that.  I know I copied the web URL correctly.

Another example of an experienced Hubber running into flack not of their causing.

2. Jason Menayan profile image61

Paradise7: What kinds of broken link problems were you experiencing specifically? The more detail you can provide, the better. Thanks!

1. Paradise7 profile image68
        Paradise7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found the Elie problem is fixed:  I still had a lot of textual broken links flagged on my account, whichI've deleted, for the most part.  I've stopped using that certain feature to create links from highlighted words in your article--that's where all the broken links come from...am I making any sense to you?  I don't think I have the technical vocabulary to be more specific than that.

OK - thanks, Paradise7. It would appear it's related to the Link Suggestion Tool, which apparently is buggy right now. Engineering is looking into it. Thank you for the feedback! smile

1. Paradise7 profile image68
            Paradise7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome!!  Good luck!

16. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

It appears as if the Statistics page is stuck. hmm

Many things are stuck.

17. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Genuine question

"Keep in mind that the current setup on hubpages.com is not restoring traffic - copied content is outranking the original Hub in some cases - so the move to subdomains, even if it means a bit of a loss of PageRank, is still preferable to the status quo, although we'll know for sure after the current test is completed in the coming weeks."

Since the original content will soon be placed on a new URL does this leave the discomforting fact that with a new URL our current content will no longer be viewed as the orginal content?

Would it be possible to leave all current articles in place at their current URL, but place a cannonical tag leading to the new URL?

We are using a 301 (permanent redirect) that Google will follow. Google should be able that way to know that hubpages.com/hub/blah is the same thing as user.hubpages.com/hub/blah and recognize that the latter is not a new piece of content, but rather one that has been moved.

1. JamaGenee profile image79
        JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Certainly hope so, because I sure don't want to lose the aging of my oldest hubs!

18. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Stats are still stuck. sad

1. Neil Sperling profile image59

I miss the stats too ...  LOL

3 cheers for technology

19. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Well, any loss of backlinks scares the hell out of me - but if this benefits us in the long term, then I won't be able to complain with any degree of sincerity.

20. JamaGenee profile image79
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

Just thought I'd mention MY stats don't seem to be stuck, but will check again in a couple of hours.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just checked my stats and they are not stuck anymore

2. danfresnourban profile image61
      danfresnourbanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My stats are not stuck anymore either, however the earnings do seem to be stuck. Is anyone else having this problem?

3. jponiato profile image88

Nice to see everyone else's stats are working fine.  Mine weren't stuck at the time, but now they are.  No changes in the past 24 hours or so.

21. Aficionada profile image80

Same here.  Thanks, Pest Control!  big_smile

And thanks for getting the e-mail problem sorted out.  You all are great!

1. Neil Sperling profile image59

my stats no longer show where all hits are from.... not itemized like they used to be.

That's still going on with me as well, Neil.  There were two different (statistics) issues in play yesterday.  For several hours the Statistics page showed no changes at all, but it was finally fixed.

The issue you mention started some time a few days ago, and it is still ongoing.  I'll be tickled when it gets repaired too!  I know that I am getting visitors from other places besides the Philippines, and I would like to know about them too.

22. Aficionada profile image80

And the hub-specific keywords are back too!!

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

23. Jason Menayan profile image61

Thanks, again, Aficionada (and others) for reporting the bugs, and, of course, for your patience. smile

1. profile image0

The profile page has a stats button, it works, but the stats it reveals as to when I placed various articles into the hubpages is after a certain date totally in error, and had been correct in the past.  I submit according to a specific pattern, after about the first two or three months here,  that pattern of submission showed, now it has the submissions submitted at different times, and prbably makes teh whole graph suspect.

24. Jason Menayan profile image61

Just a note that the Link to this Page bug was fixed. Engineering had been working on it, and a build with the fix just went out. smile

1. jponiato profile image88

Great - I just tested, it looks like they nailed it.

1. profile image0

Also noticed that with IE that broken links arrow never shows on the my account page but does on firefox, what gives?

2. profile image0

Jason,

I notice the accolades buttons, when you put the cursor over any of them, just spins but never gives a description of the acolade,

Yes, that is a known error that Edward is working on. Thank you for letting us know.

1. profile image0

Jason I assume you are speaking of the acolades button, but how about the broken limnks indicator arrow that never shows on IE but does on firefox?

I wasn't able to replicate that. I can see up- and down-arrows in IE. What version are you using?

1. profile image0

It is not the up and down arrows they both show on Firefox and IE but it is the broken link black arrows that only show in firefox.  Also I am using IE 9.

25. Azure11 profile image85
    Azure11posted 12 years ago

Another glitch (and sorry if this has been said but I did a search on 'question' and 'following' and it didn't come up) - is that when i get the email notification about everything it says - 1 question you are following has a new answer - but it doesn't tell me which one, it is just blank.

Hey Azure,

Thanks for noting this, we're already looking it.

2. profile image0
      Ari Lamsteinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This believe that this has been fixed.  Please let us know if you see it again in the future.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)