Keep Writing or Sit Back and Wait?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. lbrummer profile image93
    lbrummerposted 9 years ago

Like everyone else, it seems, my hub visits are showing 0 for the last 24 hrs.  While I trust that this glitch will be fixed, I’m wondering how everyone else is reacting to these glitches.  Do you keep right on writing new hubs, do you only make edits on existing hubs, or do you just do nothing but sit back and wait?
    I’m thinking it might be best to just keep on keeping on. That is, doing what I’d be doing if I never checked stats.  Then again, would it be easier for the engineering team if no new hubs were being added during the time they are fixing the problems?
    What do you do during the time glitches are being fixed?

1. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i read other hubs and leave comments, didn't do any publishing yet, what about you?

2. hclpd profile image92
      hclpdposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I haven't published anything for last couple of days anyways. Let's see how things turn out.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would continue to write, read, and anything else I would normally do on the site.  Let the HubPages staff figure out how to fix it.  If they wanted us to change our behavior, they would have told us.

In fact, I think that it might even be easier to keep writing without the distraction of checking the stats. It keeps you focused.

1. bonda profile image44
        bondaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

it is funny how i have told myself a hundred times not to check those stats.  They are distracting i say.  Keep your eye on the ball, which is developing new hubs.  I fail miserably.  It is easier sad than done.  What can i say.  Let me go and watch people on the bus.  Great inspiration.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am indeed continuing to update my little heart out. I expect all my hubs will have the year 2015 date by the end of the month.

5. bonda profile image44
      bondaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

keep writing i guess. i get worried if i do not have any hub ideas for two days because i have a folder called HUB IDEAS.  i publish a hub then go to that folder and see what i can mold into a new one.  Therefore, it is bad news if i cannot replenish what i take out from that folder.   Maybe i should post this then take the bus.  i have developed more than 10 hubs by doing that.

6. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I go over to Google Analytics (free to set up with your Hubs), and check the far superior stats that never go down.

7. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is a known issue.
      There is a thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2695177

2. earner profile image80
    earnerposted 9 years ago

I've been here years.  it's just a glitch of the stats server.  It's not something I'd be concerned about, or would take notice of.  It says 0, it'll be fixed.  Everything will be OK.

This site has consistently produced good results for me for close to 8 years now, without me really "breaking into a sweat" and without a major plan.  These distractions, such as 0 views showing, are just natural system glitches and it will be fixed.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

It's happened before and stats were recovered quickly. My Hubs show "0" for a day, but Analytics shows many views. No reason to worry so far.

3. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Glad you posted this...saw the 0 and knew something had to be wrong.

4. Artois52 profile image85
    Artois52posted 9 years ago

Phew! I'm glad it's not just me! It must be just a technical glitch if everyone is experiencing the same.

5. Kylyssa profile image89
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

It's just a display glitch and I don't think anything we could do (other than refraining from bugging the heck out of the tech team about it) could make it easier for them to fix it.

If it disturbs you, you could write for your own enjoyment or for a different publisher or platform for the few days it will take for them to repair it. It might be a good idea to take a break from HubPages for a day or so if you're feeling wound up over it.

I plan to ignore it. The only glitches that cause me to change what I do on HubPages or any other site are those that hamper the creation, publishing, or editing process.

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 9 years ago

I just check Google Analytics to see what's really going on. Then I go about my usual activities. I'm not going to stop writing because there's a glitch in the stats reporting system, especially if Google is reporting good traffic flow!! wink

Keep calm and write on big_smile

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

I don't have anything ready to publish at the moment anyway, glitch or no glitch.

I do have several work-in-progress hubs  that I was planning to work on over the weekend. Hopefully by the time I have at least one of those properly tweaked, sorted out and ready to go, this latest crisis will have blown over.

8. QuoteAmber profile image91
    QuoteAmberposted 9 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it and keep writing. I checked my Google Analytics today and despite my stats hitting zero on hubpages sometime late yesterday, Google Analytics showed that yesterday was one of my best days regarding views in the last month.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)