How do you tell if you have violations and what they are?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Tambosee profile image61
    Tamboseeposted 12 years ago

On my first hub, it states dollar ads are disabled.  I have configured everything correctly except for the ebay thing.  It is actually showing Amazon on my hub.  But there is not an option to show the other advertising.  I am not sure, but it has a skull also and I think I may have violations.  Could this be why the ads are disabled?  How do I figure out what my violations are?  I have read everything and cannot tell.? Help please.  And I mean I have really read everything.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here you go, you have a whole section on violations and you may want  to read to sort out the problem with your hub
      http://hubpages.com/faq/
      You may want to look into Hubs and publishing policies of the FAQ
      You will also have warnings displayed on top of the hub which will tell you what sort of a violation it is.. if you resolve the issue the ads will once again be displayed after moderators have checked it out manually.

2. Tambosee profile image61

I have read through all the FAQs.  However, I did find out how to read the violations alert.  But I still do not understand what it is telling me.  It says "suggest links",  but that does not tell me if there is anything wrong with the links I had?????

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image70
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a poem once that had ads disabled (before the skulls came out) and I figgured it was because of the langauage. I ignored it and kept writing and after a few saves the ads were enabled. I think it's a default sometimes but once an admin reviews it, the ads are enabled.

I'm still kinda new here, but that was my experience thus far.

2. sofs profile image77

If you can tell us the exact warning on your hub we can help you better.. smile

3. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are misreading the key for the symbols at the bottom. They are just explaining what the symbols like the skull and crossed-out dollar signs mean.

If they actually applied to your Hub, you would see those symbols directly to the right of your Hub title in your My Account page. There are no symbols there, so they don't apply. smile

3. Tambosee profile image61

Thank you.  That must be it.  Because it just keeps stating "Suggest Listings".  Below is from the hubpages FAQ:
    "What is the link suggestion tool?
    The link suggestion tool is a tool for your Hubs that makes it easy to add links to your other Hubs, other authors' Hubs, and Topic pages. To use the link suggestion tool, sign in to HubPages and navigate to one of your Hubs. You will see a button near the top of the page that says suggest links. Click on the button to reveal link suggestions for your Hub, as well as more detailed instructions for using the tool. The link suggestion tool can be used to improve your HubKarma. "

That does not sound like a voilation to me.  I think the "broken links" at the bottom of the account box, above the skull may be highlighted as it is blue instead of black.  But I checked all my links and they all link to where they are supposed to .  Thanks for the info.

4. Tambosee profile image61

Edit  Title  score  comments  1 day  7 days  30 days  ever  published 
    1 Hubs 63 0 6 28 28 28   
    edit Newbies Guide to Business Entity Considerations 6363 00 66 2828 2828 2828 131238322608/03/11

▲= traffic rising▼= traffic falling= broken links= malicious links= ads disabled

= contains violationsCheck for Violations Now [Last checked: 10 minutes ago]
    DeletedNot PublishedSubmitted For PublicationNeeds RevisionIrrevocable

That is cut and pasted from the bottom of my acount box.  there is no exact warning.  As you can see, it just says "contains violations". per the reading, you are then supposed to look at the black box on the top of your hub.  Well, the "suggest links" is the only one lit up.  Where would the warning be?????

1. sofs profile image77

I just did a quick check, You have more than two links going out to one site .. just my quick observation.. change that and review the hub  based on the info in the learning center and Faq's which mention these clearly .
      Make sure you have reviewed the hub well before send it for staff to review the hub.. frequent rejection may make it irrevocable.

5. R.S. Hutchinson profile image70
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

If it's the hub I see about business structures I don't see anything wrong with it and thought it was a useful hub.

Can you inlcude LLC on it? smile

6. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

If you edit the hub the exact violation will be shown in the black box at the top. Click on it for more details.

Tamboseeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The only black box at the time, as mentioned earlier, is the one that has "suggest links" and I am not so sure it is the black box, it looks kind of brown.  It is acting just like it should - suggesting links....THERE IS NOT ANY CLEAR CUT....THE REASON YOUR SITE HAS VIOLATIONS IS......"  That is what is so frustrating

Tamboseeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have even tried taking ALL the links out - no links...  And i still have the violations warning.  That is why I think it must be mistaken.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then either you are misunderstanding why the hub is down, there is a glitch on Hubpages, or your web settings are concealing the text somehow.  I would suggest emailing the Hubstaff.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)