jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Websites for free pictures

1. homesteadbound profile image89
    homesteadboundposted 5 years ago

What are some places to look for finding good free pictures. That is one of the things that I spend alot of time doing is trying to find pics.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

www.morguefile.com  Excellent site for legal pictures

www.google.com There is an images tab along the top of the search screen. To the far right of the page after you click on images, there is a link that says advanced image search... click that. On that screen enter the keyword and then under usage rights select the box that says "only images labeled for reuse" then the one underneath that that says "also limit images available for commercial reuse"

Then read any licensing restrictions on the site of the image to make sure that you are using them appropriately.

Remember, by most definitions using a picture on a hub is considered "commercial use

homesteadboundposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much. I didn't know about the advanced search on the google tab. Now I might have to go write an article and check out the two new resources you've given me.

3. prasetio30 profile image47
    prasetio30posted 5 years ago

you can try this link http://commons.wikimedia.org
    or    http://www.flickr.com/search/advanced/ 
    you can find many beautiful pictures here. Hubpages team has suggest me about how to get "legal pictures" from trusted site. I hope this answer help you. Thanks

4. AliciaC profile image96
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

I would like to add to prasetio30’s good advice. Make sure when you choose a Flickr image that it can be legally downloaded and displayed on your hub without permission and for free. Not all Flickr images fall into this category. Go to the “Creative Commons” section on Flickr to find free images that can be used commercially and check the license carefully.

homesteadboundposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you both, AliciaC and prasetio30, for your help. It will be good to have a list all in one place to do my searches for photos to go thru.

5. prasetio30 profile image47
    prasetio30posted 5 years ago

Thanks Alicia, I am forget with this. As human we may have a lot of mistake. Again....thank you very much.

working