jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Subdomain Change brings traffic but not much earning

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I made the sub domain change a few weeks back. The traffic certainly back to pre panda levels. But the earning is not. I am earning nothing in adsense, just one or two clicks for a few cents in a week. In the ad program the day I have more page impression the CPM falls so the earning falls too. So I really don't see a reason to be happy about this rise in traffic.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have the HP ad program activated your Google earnings are likely to be lower.  Apparently, what works best for some people is different than what works best for others.  I shut off the HP ads to see how much more of my previous Ad Sense earnings I might get back.  They've increased substantially (at least for now).

You may want to shut off the HP ads for a stretch of time and see what happens.  I've heard anything from a week, "at least two weeks", to a month.  Mine have been off since August 1, and it appears this will be my first month in which I'll once again reach the payout minimum for Ad Sense.

Again, depending on the Hubber and the individual Hubs, some previous high-earners may not earn as much.  Previous low performers may earn more.  There's been a shift in some ways and Hubs.  In some ways, though, there hasn't been all that big a shift.

What I don't know is whether, as time goes on, my Ad Sense earnings will increase.  Right now they're still a fraction of what they used to be. With the HP ads on I did have a few $5 days, and maybe even a $7 (which wasn't great but which looked like it was on the rise) if I recall correctly, but things were so erratic.  I had a number of - like - 21-cent days.  mad   I waited to see if it looked like things would go up with the HP ads on, but it was erratic.  At the same time, what I was getting with the HP ads each day had dropped from the original amount down to - like - 2/3 and change a day.   At that point, I figured I'd sacrifice the HP earnings and see what Ad Sense did.

Since I stopped the HP ads my high day (AS) was a little less than $12.  I've had, I think, a couple (maybe only one) 10 day, and a couple (maybe a few) 9 days.  I'd like to see what happens over the next couple of months.  I hate to leave off the HP ads (because now there are more), so maybe I could make up for some of what I'm not getting now with AS.  Then again, I hate to turn them on because I'd hate to lose the AS if there's the chance it may gradually get closer to where it used to be (or at least sort of closer).

Then again, I'm not all that comfortable with the eggs-in-the-Google-basket thing either.  Basically, when all is said and done, I've been in a "whatever" frame of mind ever since Panda.   smile

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

I have just reached payout on HP Ads- been at it since March!
    However I have turned it off to see what Adsense can bring. let's see what happens- I think if you have other income streams going into Adsense then anything from HP will act as a top up to reach that magic monthly payment!

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I just checked my adsense and it's almost non existent..this is definitely my worse month for adsense earnings..
    HP is the only one earning for me right now..

4. rachellrobinson profile image85
    rachellrobinsonposted 5 years ago

I don't think I have earned more than .50 cents in adsense since they added the new revenue through hubpages.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

While not what they were pre-Panda, I've seen my earnings double since switching to a subdomain.

1. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Relache, I've been getting quite good earnings, almost pre-panda. Traffic is doubled since domain switch. I am happy with the changes Hubpages has made, I actually think it is the money being paid for certain clicks which has gone down. Which is not HP's fault.

I suggest you create a niche site or blog and rank that, this way you receive all the money for the clicks instead of just 60%