Does anyone know other great writing sites for Google Adsense revenue?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)
  1. bwhite062007 profile image91
    bwhite062007posted 12 years ago

I have tried a few but they are either too difficult to understand how to get started, or just plain not as good as Hubpages.

1. Jlbowden profile image85
      Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Bwhite:

I have did a little research on the following: Info barrel, Squidoo and Redgage. In addition I have heard good things about them from other hubbers. From what I am hearing so far, Info barrel appears to be the favorite and is very similar in ways to hubpages, but in my opinion not as user friendly.

Jl

2. Jacob_Jube profile image60
      Jacob_Jubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go for squidoo.

You do not need adsense account as well to earn from their.

That is also helpful community like of hubpages.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

One that I know of is using Blogspot Blogs. wink

3. jcmayer777 profile image65
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

My favorite is InfoBarrel.  I also like posturown.com, seekyt.com, and a few others.  I used to like Xomba, but I really don't get their new direction at all.

I've never used blogspot, but I do hear good things of it.  You keep all the revenue, from what I understand, so there's not a split like there is on all the other rev sharing sites.

bwhite062007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I like the idea of keeping all the revenue. Maybe I should try blogspot out.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes,but it's not a writing site.  On Blogger, you create your own standalone blog.

4. jcmayer777 profile image65
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

Another site that got a lot of attention is wizzley, but I haven't actually contributed anything there.

5. Evan Hutchinson profile image69
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

There's Excerptz, InfoBarrel, ThisIsFreelance, Snipsly and Pubwages too. And I would be remiss if I didn't also mention WriterParty since I own it, but it's brand new so it is less written on than the above ones.

Thank you! I will check them all out...including yours.

6. celebritie profile image70
    celebritieposted 12 years ago

Here is a list of some that I know about:

An alternative to blogger blogspot is Weebly they allow you to add adsense to your pages.

I just found this site called everythingmom.com that gives 100% google adsense revenue on blogs related to parenting.

Then these are the other ones:

Orble
    Triond
    Seekyt
    Wikinut
    oondi.com
    Wizzley
    Factoidz
    Brighthub
    LovetoKnow
    YouSayToo
    Bukisa
    Suite101
    Answers.com

A fellow hubber  wrote a hub with a bigger list you might want to check it out its called 101 Google AdSense and Revenue Sharing Sites by AndyCorby

1. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love Seekyt. It's not as big or loud as Hubpages, but it's simple, friendly and it has a lot of potential. Whatever site you choose, you'll need some getting used to it and you'll have to write a certain base of articles before you can expect to start earning from them.

The 30 Days Challenge on Seekyt begins in October. Maybe that would be a nice start for you smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Blogspot Blogs can be hooked up to your Google Adsense and Ads are placed on them as you allow them to be. But it is a free standing blog, you can't write articles as on HP.

7. Fotographer profile image61
    Fotographerposted 12 years ago

RitePad & InfoBarrel are the only ones I am using these days in addition to HP!

8. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 12 years ago

There is one by name Helium. Another site by name webanswers where you get revenue by answering questions.

Then we have the premium site about.com. If you pass through there rigorous qualifying criteria you get a fixed monthly payout and some variable pay.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Helium is the worst ever site.

They are totally non-transparent about earnings. I get less than $1 per month for the 29 articles I put on there before discovering HP. It also has a "community" of snide, smug and self-satisfied people who gang up on anyone who dares utter any criticism.

What is more, once an article is on Helium, you are limited in how you can edit it and you cannot remove it if you find a better place for the content. 

If anyone is interested, I've compared Helium and HP on a blog post. If you go to my profile, there is a link to my WriteAngled Witters blog, where you will find it.

1. profile image0
        msivakumarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh ! Thanks WriteAngled for the feedback. I've registered with Helium but never got around publishing an article there. Somehow once you are used to Hubpages interface it is becoming difficult to adjust to others !!!

2. iskra1916 profile image61
        iskra1916posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have 50 articles on Helium and it is quite frankly a rubbish site. They get these 'mentors' to email you ever so often telling you how great an article you have written etc and promise new writing opportunities. I thought it was ever so slightly cultish. As far as I know Google pulled out of a proposed news writing contract as Helium had sub-standard content.

I will check out your blog post comparing HP and H

3. bwhite062007 profile image91

I have heard many mixed feelings about Helium. I do not like Blogger either and I know that is a very popular site. I just find the set up weird and hard to understand.

9. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I hate to say it, but at the moment I am earning far more from WebAnswers than from HP, despite the fact I've been here for nearly 2 years and have only been properly active there for about one month. It takes about 5 minutes to submit an average answer as opposed to hours and hours to produce a hub (at least for me).

10. GmaGoldie profile image82
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Anyone out on eHow?

11. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Having been on Helium yourself and active here as well, I doubt you will find any new information in my comparison! I wrote it for people who did not know much about either or one or other of the sites. However, thank you for taking the trouble to read it, if you do. Any comments giving more information will be highly appreciated.

1. iskra1916 profile image61
      iskra1916posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, more or less confirmed my own negative view of Helium.

I didnt bother with the Helium forums, so didnt realise there was a Mccarthyite response to criticism of mods there but not suprising, I guess.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)