jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (26 posts)

Google found me!

1. creamsoda profile image80
    creamsodaposted 5 years ago

Hello! I'm a major noob and so I get worked up over the tiniest things.

I was just so excited that I thought I would share (I promise not to post with every baby step I take though).

After a week and a half - SOMEONE FOUND ME WITH GOOGLE!

So excited.

Thanks for listening.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats..............most of us get excited by this!

I check my stats every day to see where my traffic is coming from and when it's Google I too am elated.

2. 0
      lavender3957posted 5 years ago in reply to this

So excited for you. You will learn alot as you go forward. I am fairly new so I am still trying to figure all of this out. It is such a thrill to have yourself noticed. Enjoy!

3. Jlbowden profile image80
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello creamsoda:

Congrats on your first google view experience. It is a great feeling isn't it-and the journey is just beginning. Happy hubbing!

4. 0
      SirDentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations.  I always found my Cream Soda at the supermarket.  Never had to google it.  tongue

creamsodaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha! Never knew what you were missing smile

5. giselenmendez profile image60
      giselenmendezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats! And this is just the beginning smile!

6. vexez profile image72
      vexezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Grats! After experiencing awhile, you'll slowly get to understand better how to get onto Google results.

7. anasshad profile image82
      anasshadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats. This is just the starting of your journey. Work hard.

8. TheOnlineBlogger profile image62
      TheOnlineBloggerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! I did not get any traffic from search engines. That must be a nice feeling smile

2. viking305 profile image89
    viking305posted 5 years ago

Congrats, yes it is a nice feeling!

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

And thus it starts.  First one person, then ten and soon a thousand.  Then the map in google analytics beings filling in with visitors from all over the world and you just can't believe that someone in Singapore actually read your stuff.

You're in for a fun ride; have fun!

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It looks to me as if one person in Germany looked at my stuff once.  (It made me kind of wonder who that one person in Germany was...    hmm  Guess I'll never know.  smile )  I don't know...   you don't wonder when it's more than one, but somehow one can make a person wonder who it was.  smile

Anyway, congrats, creamsoda.

4. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 5 years ago

Google works! Many people have found me that I wasn't eve  looking for.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

Congratulations. I celebrated the first time someone found me through Google.

6. ubanichijioke profile image49
    ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

Continue ever strong cos your hard work will surely pay more!

7. HikeGuy profile image85
    HikeGuyposted 5 years ago

Congratulations! Taking pleasure in the small stuff helps us keep on track with our goals.

Not sure how you're doing it, and I'm no expert -- just back to HP after lots of time away -- I submitted my new ones directly to Google, Tweeted all of them and ran all of them, including my updated old ones, through Pingler.com. I'm getting Google hits and I just got back on this on Sunday. Of course, as a lot of people have posted, if the keywords are strong, the traffic will come, but I have no patience at all...

Just a thought -- think of yourself as a winner, not a noob. Enthusiasm is a terrific quality -- and excitement can lead to great things.

creamsodaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tips! I've been sick this week and I'm keeping a list of things to attack (like uploading to Google, and using sites like reddit or stumble). I can use all the help I can get if I'm going to make it here!

8. brazilopp profile image60
    braziloppposted 5 years ago

good to hear. I am also new to this. Interested in seeing if people will follow my rantings

9. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

congrats! After a couple of months, I have a few hits coming through Google. To the old-timers on HP, does it take a while to get a lot of traffic from Google?

10. ronhi profile image81
    ronhiposted 5 years ago

Congrats! I also feel like dancing'! I got 13 from google.com and 7 from google.co.uk.

11. VirginiaLynne profile image93
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

Congratulations--each little step in writing is fun and I think Hubpages makes the little steps so visible it keeps you going!

12. Jean Bakula profile image96
    Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago

Congrats! It's so exciting to find that people actually enjoy reading something you wrote. Best wishes.

13. Drenguin profile image81
    Drenguinposted 5 years ago

Awesome. I received my first google search find about a week after I had started posting. I was so excited. This site is really incredible, I love the community and what they do for us. Congrats!

14. crazycatman profile image80
    crazycatmanposted 5 years ago

Congrats!  I remember my fist hit from Google.  It is an accomplishment.

15. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

I was just getting ducks in a row here and hadn't been paying attention, but you just inspired me to go check.

Sure enough, a Hub I posted two days ago is getting a couple Google hits plus a Bing. Backlinks, schmacklinks. smile