jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

I just wasted an hour

1. retireyoung profile image59
    retireyoungposted 9 years ago

I started a new hub and somehow I closed the window without saving what I had written - about 400 words worth.

So frustrating.  At least now I have learnt my lesson and will use notepad or something to write my hubs.

Hubpages should implement autosave at some point.

2. 0
    Lisa Bargerposted 9 years ago

I've done that.  sad

Try using the "save unpublished" feature and see if that helps.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

I have done that too, but sometimes i go into my account click the dropdown box unpublished hubs, and i find that it is there give it a try , you never know.....jimmy

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

I've done it too.

However, my biggest mistake is when I forget that I shouldn't spell check a text box if I haven't saved it yet, and I'm using firefox.  Argh.  It sucks to lose everything you just wrote!

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Notepad gets used a lot over here.

6. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

Hmmm... I've never had that problem.  Probably because I always have 3 tabs open on my IE: Gmail, Hubpages, and whatever else I'm looking at...

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Same here. At least 3 tabs open in any one net surfing session.

7. thecounterpunch profile image58
    thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago

I always save from time to time. That's what I also do on Microsoft Word: I click on the save button every one minute as I trust it so much smile

1. 0
      daflaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

LOL  I trust it so much, I have it on autosave ever 30 seconds.

8. retireyoung profile image59
    retireyoungposted 9 years ago

I work mostly using public wifi so sometimes the connection can get erratic.  I also messed up a blog post today in wordpress which even has autosave.

9. feb4 profile image59
    feb4posted 9 years ago

It probably wasn't that good anyway(fate as they say lol)
    It was meany to be so start over

10. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

It can happen to the best of us (me, 4 times)Grrr, mainly from using the spell checker. I don't think it was a hubpage problem but the browser K-meleon I was using, but like all things on a PC, Back up back up back up, passwords, text, photos, etc etc, The things that are hard to or can not be replaced...

I have learnt the lesson the hardway and have lost many priceless photos, but believe me, it "won't" happen again;).....

11. JRobin profile image59
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

I always have each of my Hubpages saved on a Word Document just in case...

who knows... Hubpages might crash one day, or a virus might attack it, and all of their info and our hubs would be deleted... it's happened to me before on other websites.