jump to last post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)

Find A Lonely Hub And Comment

1. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

This game may take a little bit of digging, but the object is to find a lonely hub that has no comments.  Go to that Hub and leave a comment for the Hubber.  Make the comment genuine, but try to say at least one or two things you liked about this Hub.  The next person to post will be the one whose Hub is commented on.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image59
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Sweetie pie, contact me via email I have an idea I want to share with you smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Jerrico - I thought you were on a two week self-imposed absence?:

Sweetie pie - you don't want this person having your email address lol

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Thanks! I do this about once a day, so hopefully others will do the same.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am glad to hear others do this.  I used to do this in the past, but I want to start looking at some of those overlooked oldies, but goodies.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Great! I'll try to do more as well.

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

I do that too sometimes.  Probably not as often as I should.  This was a nice reminder.  I'll try to find a couple today.

5. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 8 years ago

That's a nice idea.

6. terenceyap07 profile image60
    terenceyap07posted 8 years ago

This is a fantastic idea, my friend. 2 thumbs up!

7. webismine profile image60
    webismineposted 8 years ago

Add my vote, Sweetie big_smile

8. Christoph Reilly profile image86
    Christoph Reillyposted 8 years ago

I do this sometimes but it's easy to forget to do it. Thanks for the reminder.

9. rancidTaste profile image57
    rancidTasteposted 8 years ago

We all have to try to do that. I am trying most of the time.

10. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Its something worth doing, I do it on DeviantART too, you can makes someone's day with 15 seconds of typing!

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

Sweetie I try to do hub hunting at least 3-4 times a week. It is quite amazing what great hubs we're missing just because "Google almighty" hasn't found them. Glad you brought this up.
    regards Zsuzsy

12. ripplemaker profile image89
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

Yes and there are hubs that have low scores so it doesn't get read as much, but are truly nice smile  I will do this before I start working today smile

13. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

I've done it occasionally ... uhhh ... very occasionally.  Thanks for the reminder!

14. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Newbies especially appreciate the gesture... remember how excited you were when you got your first comment?

1. Dottie1 profile image82
      Dottie1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

So true Maddie...I still clearly remember the very first hubber to comment on my first hub and that was Chuck!  I remember like yesterday, that Sunday morning (11 months ago) when Chuck and I chattered back and forth through our comments on his and my hubs.  He was so very kind and left a very favorable impression on me about Hubpages.

I really loved this idea of SweetiePie's so I just went back through Chuck's work and found his hub "The Haunted Cornfield" that he wrote and  had no comments until now!  (Thank you Chuck, I will never forget you!) and thank you SweetiePie for a great idea! Dottie~

15. SpotCoolStuff.com profile image79
    SpotCoolStuff.composted 8 years ago

That's a great point, Maddie. We all remember our first time.

16. Bob Ewing profile image63
    Bob Ewingposted 8 years ago

This is a great idea, i do wander around here doing it but not enough, thanks for the reminder.

17. Jerilee Wei profile image94
    Jerilee Weiposted 8 years ago

I make it a habit to do this every day.  It doesn't take much time if you are reading other hubs daily, which we all do.  Nor does it take much time to give a thumbs up for hubs that we enjoy.  You get what you give is my theory.

18. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 8 years ago

What a great piggy-back on your comments Hub, SweetiePie.  Maybe this month, or some month, should be "comments awareness" month at HubPages.

To Maddie's and Dottie1's posts, I regularly scout the newbies, and I've been so delighted to find real gems of authors and Hubs.

I remember how thrilled I was to receive my first comment, and that was from In The Doghouse.  Thank you, Diana!  I like to make newcomers feel welcomed, just as I was.

19. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

Comments as a game are just a lot of work for me, if I am expected to answer them. And if I don't, it is considered rude. I am not lonely, even though I get near no comments. What do I need - a 'No Trespassing' sign, except by the legitimacy of the content.