jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

how do they assess how much money you make on hubpages ads

1. imgreencat profile image81
    imgreencatposted 4 years ago

I don't understand why my hubpage ads are bringing less money.  I have had more traffic an the last few months but it seems I'm makeing less money.  Are the paying by the click or by the view?  I was doing much better a couple of months ago.  What does this mean?

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

imgreencat, you are not alone, It seems like my traffic is steady yet, my earnings are almost the same as they were a year ago when the hub ads program came first out and I have significantly more hubs! I had a couple of days were they were picking up but now back again to how they were a year earlier, go figure!

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You CPM shows what you earn per 1000 views, has it gone down?  If so, I guess your hubs are attracting lower paying ads just as part of natural variation over time (as I understand it PPC and PPV elements are included in Hubads--but I could be wrong). My CPM wanders up and down quite a lot.

3. imgreencat profile image81
    imgreencatposted 4 years ago

Thanks guys, I don't understand much of panda etc. but it seems like things started going bad the last time there was a delay on the earnings and this time again.  I don't know if there is a connection with the two but it sure seems like there is something going on. 

On a different subject, has anyone tried self publishing a book?

4. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 4 years ago

It's all aparently how you write and what you write about....don't just rely on Google for traffic and always have a back up plan ie: Your own websites and something that could tie into your online content offline....Create more income options rather than a small handful here!

1. imgreencat profile image81
      imgreencatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank You!  I've been thinking that something else needs to be done.  I'll start checking into some other options.  Thanks again to all who replied.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If you CPM is 5-6 dollars that is pretty typical.

I had a CPM dip late last year but it is back up now.

If you want to talk about self publishing a book a new thread might be in order?

working