Please advise me why you have your profile name?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

My profile name is related to my place lahri gali where i was born

2. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Check out this forum thread; I think it will have lots of fun answers that you are looking for:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7678

3. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

thanks for nice info

4. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Lgali I enjoyed reading your  hub about showering-- almost as much as I enjoyed it the first time, here:

http://www.funshun.com/fun-stuff/funny- … -6550.html

Did they copy you?

Hey here's another:
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hl-vs/iyh-vsv/prod/micro-eng.php

Someone appears to have copied your microwave hub.

In fact I 'm having a had time finding one of you hubs that someone hasn't copied, somewhere on the net.

Odd isn't it?

1. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's nice you pointed out big_smile

But, the topic is about profile names....Isn't it? smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

Yes-- and as Shades pointed out-- there is already a thread on that.

1. dingdong profile image58
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and I think Lgali wouldn't even come back to see the replies here smile

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My flag is flying too!!smile

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years ago

I'll wave a flag for that one...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I hope a lot of people will.
      Everytime I point this out, his friends or possibly his sockpuppets tend to bury the message.
      I know his (even though the avatar shows a lovely lady in a lovely bra) English skills may not allow the posting of original content, but I just think it is wrong to cut and paste at will.

Maybe I should just not worry about it. The hub ratings are low, so I guess the team knows  about this.

1. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Rochelle I'm still in my terms a newcomer to Hubpages, but I hear loud and clear what you are saying and I support you. How do I flag and how do I know if a Hub has already been flagged?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
          Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A post can be flagged many times-- it's just a way of bringing it to the attention of the staff.  It doesn't mean that it will necessarily  be removed.
          At the bottom of each hub where it says thumbs up or thumbs down, there is also an option to flag the hub. Clicking it  brings up another screen that asks you to check why you are bringing it to the attention of the staff (adult content, low quality, etc.)

1. agvulpes profile image85
            agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks Rochelle  cool

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The totally plagiarised hub i looked at last talked about "my wife"  - must live somewhere where same sex marriages are the norm huh?  Or that picture is a little short of reality

1. SamurWriter profile image56
          SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

isn't california a same sex marriage norm for 30 something more days? lol prop 8

2. SamurWriter profile image56
      SamurWriterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You mean that's not just your pen name? *lol*

7. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

I got the name Bard of Ely in 1998 when I had a regular column in Big Issue magazine for the homeless. Ely is a huge council estate in Cardiff where I lived for 25 years, and as for the title I adopted it as my stage and pen name.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And I had visions of you living within sight of Ely Cathedral, rising like an isalnd from a sea of green fields in another part of the country alltogether!

8. SamurWriter profile image56
    SamurWriterposted 15 years ago

I earned my avatar name by Writing through the blistering cold mountains of the Secret Samurai forrest of Hubladeshe on the outskirts of Chimina. I went through escrutiating training having to do things like sitting in front of a computer monitor with a blank screen for 23 days being taunted with intermiddent creativity provoking images, and I wasn't allowed to write.. I would sit there sweat beading off my forehead with so much creativity stimulated that there were times when I thought I wouldn't make it... then it happened... they did it.... the bastards broke my will...

After the 4th hour of the 23rd day I was staring at a screen and they blasted binaural beats music to move my brainwave patterns into the highest creative states of theta, I could barely take anymore then they loaded up hubpages, the red button mocked me, "Start a new hub"

I sat their for 22 seconds seeing my whole creative life flashing before my eyes I had to do it... I typed a hub ... i added pictures and youtube movies to it, it was the most brilliant of my work ever created, I thought they were going to chop my head off but the little guy came into the room, he was about 4 foot high and had green granular skin, he looked up at me but he didn't have dissappointment in his eyes, it was almost a smile, he said:

Passed you did, resist hubpages, you cannot, for not even a SamurWriter is that strong.. the force is strong with this one... stronger than any addiction ever was...

then their was a dead silence as I had no idea how to respond to that... I hadn't published the hub but just before hitting the publish button the little guy walked in...then the Samurwriter Master smashed the mouse button with his cane effectively publishing my hub... and that day... he gave me my name-

SamurWriter.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)