DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER TO BELITTLE OUR PRESIDENT

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    woolman60posted 13 years ago

Why do you feel a need to belittle our President, and who would you like to be President of The United States of America if you think our President is so bad.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Many people can't accept the results of an election and will whine until their guy gets elected.

Everyone complains about their President or Prime Minister though, that is the nature of democracy.

Like our Prime Minister allowing $2Million to be spent on creating a fake lake to use as a backdrop for international journalist.

However, personal attacks are a different story. Some seem to get some thrill out of that and by putting a spin on something where there is no spin.

1. profile image0
      woolman60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you 100%

3. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Is it belittling to simply say I wish he where not our President.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so...

I wish Harper was not our PM but I have to wait until the next election to try and get rid of him. I will not resort to personal attacks on him though.

2. profile image0

You can use any word you want, berate, hate, belittle, (demean, put down) why do people wish and hope he fails, in years to come he will be remembered as a great American President.

1. Ohma profile image60
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not wish or hope he fails. I hope he succeeds in doing every thing his supporters say he is trying to do. I just do not agree with the whole idea that more government is better. This would be my opinion regardless of whether it Bush, Clinton, or any other president doing it.
        More government intrusion into the live of hard working citizens is not the answer.

Unfortunately, government grew quite a lot under Bush too.

1. Ohma profile image60

Like I said I do not care who is pushing it. I think it is insane that thanks to more government control on me and less on  big industries like the electric companies and gas companies renders my 12 dollar an hour paycheck virtually useless.

1. profile image0

I think another problem that has gotten out of control, is big business, and he gets blamed for that too. Who controls the electric companies and gas companies, (share holder and money) and I do feel for you, where I live we have our own town electric division and we are half the cost.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think this is what the whiners are afraid of most of all!

3. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only by some!

Actually, in a few years (if he's not impeached), he will most likely be living high off the hog on his 6-figure salary that America pays to its former Presidents, playin' golf and footsie with Clinton (take your pick of which Clinton), while America tries to recoup from the mountainous fiscal and moral mess he perpetuated upon us.

1. Ohma profile image60

He has inherited most of the mess he is dealing with. The recession started way before he took office and as far as the moral mess jeez where to even start? gangs murder robbery this country has been in a moral mess as you call it for decades.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

When Dumbya ran for his second term he said the economy was sound!  "We are not heading into a recession."  Many fell for this and voted for him. 

Those "fallen" voters are some of the same ones blaming him now for the economic mess we find ourselves in, along with the wars Obama inherited from the "whiner's choice."

They are hoping Obama fails so they won't feel so bad about the bad choices they made previously.

1. Anolinde profile image80
              Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is referring to an ex-president as "Dumbya" belittling as the OP suggested?   hmm

I suppose it depends on how one feels about the murder of perhaps hundreds of thousand of innocent Iraqi citizens, along with thousands of our own for a stupid and false reason.  If that isn't dumb, then the answer is yes!

If Obama attacks another country on false pretenses I will belittle him too!

2. profile image0

Brenda
          He will never be impeached, only those who preach anarchy wish for that.

Question:
          I bet you liked George Bush, and he never did anything wrong, or at least not in your eyes

1. profile image0

I'm sure he wasn't perfect.  Of course he did wrong things, I'm sure, in both his personal life and his public life.
            But what he DIDN'T do speaks just as well for him.
            He did NOT preach immorality from his podium.
            (Matter of fact, he didn't "preach" at all (for those who thought a born-again Christian might try to impose "religion" upon America).
            He did not give place to the devilish agendas that many liberals tried to insert into the political arena at the time when America was reeling from the 911 attack upon us.
            He did not try to "fundamentally change" America.
            He did not make personal attacks from his podium upon those who believed differently from him.
            He did not instigate racial tension and religious tension and tension between States.
            He did not try to prosecute former Presidents for acting in good faith for the security of our nation.
            He did NOT do many things that Obama has now made a point of doing via his insecurity and vile plans.

1. profile image0

Thank you for your response, I may not agree with you, on Obama, however I do respect you, and your comments.

I still think he will do some great things for America, it has only been short time that he has been in office, and people think he can fix every problem and concern there is in this country. The reality of it is no man or women is perfect, we all have failed at some point in our lives, and no President has ever done a perfect job, but try to remember, put the blame where it belongs, there are alot of people who help to make the decisions in our country.

1. profile image0

Did someone force him to do and say the things he's done and said?
                I can't think of any "great things" he could do that would make me forget his constant attacks on America's fundamental basis.

1. profile image0

here are a few things he has done you might want to remember they may not be "great thing" to you but to some Americans it is a "great thing"

■Reversed restrictions on stem cell research
                  ■Appointed an assistant to the president for science and technology policy
                  ■Created a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners
                  ■Expanded loan programs for small businesses
                  ■Extended and indexed the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch
                  ■Expanded eligibility for State Children’s Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)
                  ■Expanded funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners
                  ■Directed military leaders to end war in Iraq
                  ■Sent two additional brigades to Afghanistan
                  ■As promised gave a speech at a major Islamic forum in the first 100 days of his administration
                  ■Granted Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba
                  ■Restored funding for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (Byrne/JAG) program
                  ■Released presidential records
                  ■Now requires new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions
                  ■Pushed for enactment of Matthew Shepard Act, which expands hate crime law to include sexual orientation and other factors
                  ■Created a White House Office on Urban Policy
                  ■Supported increased funding for the NEA
                  ■Funded a major expansion of AmeriCorps
                  ■Worked to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear
                  ■Banned lobbyist gifts to executive employees
                  ■Pledged to weatherize 1 million homes per year
                  ■Invested in all types of alternative energy
                  ■Enacted tax credit for consumers for plug-in hybrid cars
                  ■Provided grants to encourage energy-efficient building codes
                  ■As promised appointed at least one Republican to the cabinet
                  ■Extended unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspended taxes on these benefits.

4. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I do not care what he does the personal attacks are not right. Condemning his politics well that is another matter.

True, but many people can't do that without belittling him, his wife, his kids, anyone he has ever worked with, anyone in his cabinet, anyone he wants in his cabinet...probably even his dog.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

To me, the BP oil spill shows that more government regulation of industry is necessary.

I agree, UW!  Deregulation has caused problems in several areas of business.

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Apparently the spill is Obama's fault too!

Perhaps a Muslim/communist plot by the President's dog? smile

Yea, those environmentalists did it. I bet there is video of Al Gore setting a bomb underneath the oil rig...

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol I better check a reliable source.... utube???? smile

7. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I'll go as far as to say that even the people who are still presently regulating the companies via several agencies are still not doing the job they were put in place to do.

This is not the fault of the President and shouldn't be blamed on the President. These people need to do their jobs better or get out. The politicians Obama has had to tend with are the biggest problem.

How things are to get paid for? Democrats only know how to raise taxes and refuse to look at cost cutting of government agencies.

Bigger government is going to work. Hiring more federal employees is not the answer to the problems, it is already creating.

1. profile image0

I am thinking maybe time to clean house.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've already called it a few months back about throwing every politician out of office.

Every senior official presently holding any office of the Federal political ring is to be given the old heave ho.

Those who have been in office for more than 10 Years should be highly accountable for their pathetic action. There are even some who have been in office for 20 years??? These people are the root cause of the corruption/business stranglehold in Congress.

It seems like the system of government perpetuates it(corruption), so as to keep the status quo as is, so the businesses can continue to reap the rewards, while millions of people continue to barely get by.

1. profile image0

I hear ya, put the blame where it belongs, and again clean house.

8. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I live in a city of 500,000 and we have a choice of Columbia Gas or Columbia Gas, MetEd or MetEd, no control over the monopolies means no control over the cost.

9. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

I do not particularly care for Obama. My reasons are my own and I will not debate them but I am honest with myself about what he did and did not create.

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Anyone interested, Ohma had asked me to write a hub on a particular article she came across and I found it pretty much out of the ordinary.

There is a link to the article in my hub "Degeneration of Value", which is about America's system of money.

Before anyone wants to start blaming the President or even the past 100 YEARS worth of Presidents, it might help you to understand the poor operations of government and how long it has truly been happening.

Read my article on it.

11. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

http://www.widemanblinds.ca/mini-blinds-large.jpg

12. Nady profile image69
    Nadyposted 13 years ago

I think that as long as this attitude "we rule the world" is controlling, whoever become a President of Untied States will fail his people and the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)