Working full-time on the internet - how do you get taken seriously

Jump to Last Post 101-116 of 116 discussions (201 posts)
  1. andrews profile image60
    andrewsposted 15 years ago

A great way to earn money is through an affiliate program which you add to your articles for a bit of extra money. I highly recommend <snipped link--no affiliate links in the forums!> as you really can get a great income from selling their products and not to mention the fact that they give you everything you need to get started such as start up guide.

Although you also still got the choice of <snipped link--no affiliate links in the forums!> as well which is really good.

However, I have also just came across an unbelievable site that gives free success methods – a step by step guide for making money online! Unbelievable…

<snipped promotional link>

Anyways hope this info will help you out!

good luck

1. profile image58
      VASTposted 15 years agoin reply to this

hello andrews, came across your idea:, tried to find it in the hubs and internet, but could not find " snipped link--no affiliate links in the forums!  "  sounds like a great resource for making money,  I am still trying to figure out how to create links in my hub to make it profitable.

look forward to your reply

2. roni prayitno profile image60
    roni prayitnoposted 15 years ago

all of you are amazing

3. jezzbb profile image60
    jezzbbposted 15 years ago

Hello Lissie,

Here's my thought:
    I think you have more than 70 hubpages, am I right? Why not drive traffic to it through search engines? I'm assuming that most of your traffic comes from hubbers.

How to drive traffic from search engines?

People who arrive to your hub page from search engines are the most likely ones to click on ads because they are searching for information.

You have to build links to your hub pages. Since you love writing, the best way for you to do that is write articles relating to the topic of a hub of your choice and submit it to article directories. Different article directories require different minimum no. of words per article. It ranges from 250 to 500 words. They allow you to insert a link to your website at the resource box or bio. Number of links allowed is from 1 to 3.

You can submit an article to as many article directories as you can. If you submit to 10 article directories, that would be 10 links pointing to the hub page/s you inserted in your resource box.
    Search engines love links pointing to a site. The more links a website has, hub page in this case, the more probable it will be to reach page 1 of the results page.

If you implement that idea and you get more traffic coming from search engines, your earnings from adsense and amazon will likely increase.

Since you already have many hub pages, a good idea to promote first are the ones who already get some traffic from google or yahoo. They will get a lesser number of links to rank higher.

Good luck!

1. profile image58
      VASTposted 15 years agoin reply to this

that sounds like the way to go, I am just beginning to learn about what you are suggesting, I just wish I could understand everything that you mentioned. Any sugestions or resources, or how to go about it?

4. JJC13 profile image59
    JJC13posted 15 years ago

Hiya Lissie,

Have you tried joining social networking sites <snipped link>? It will help you a lot in your business venture.  I have participated in quite a lot of these sites already and it surely helped me.  Hope it helps you too.

best regards!

5. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Oh dear the spammers do seem like this thread !
    @Pgrundy - isn't that crazy: I hope something works out for you: I am finding my low stress part-time job is taking the stress off my business efforts big time

@andrews - LOL u got snipped so much that  I can't follow your simple steps to success LOL.  That's probably because if its simple and easy its a con - its easy to pick after a while. 

@jezzbb - you are on the right track with this one.  Some of my hubs already rate well in the SERPS and I starting a campagn to get some of the others doing well. The problem of course is the hubs that rate well, are high in the SERPS and don't convert at all because they are 2 well written: oh well I've learnt that lesson ! For anyone else who is wondering article marketing as a way of getting backlinks (not necessarily traffic) will definitly improve your search engine listing and therefore your search engine traffic: the only traffic that will make u money

@JJC - social networking forums may bring u traffic they never ever bring u money because social traffic doesn't buy: ever! I don't know much for sure in internet marketing but this one is for sure! If you want exposure to build brand awareness that's a whole differnet issue: but buying traffic waste of time sorry!

6. balisunset profile image59
    balisunsetposted 15 years ago

I live in a 3rd world country in Asia, with low cost of living

USD 300 is enough to feed a family of 4 in a month

USD 3600 is an average monthly salary in US but it can feed a family in my country in a year.

So you can see that online income is quite appealing for me

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I can't convince my wife to move to Thailand form Washington - this would probably cut our expenses is half if not more smile

7. Lissie profile image76

Moving somewhere warm and cheap has huge appeal to me.  Though interestingly although I reduced my income by at least $1000 / week compared to what  I earned at home in the last 6 months we have saved significant money.  My partner earns what he used to earn: the difference - we are probably technically living in a more expensive city but we had got out of the habit of eating out regularly.  We also rent a small flat - rather than live in a a (mortgage-free) large house.  So oddly although we now pay $300/week rent we save money.  We don't pay for cable tv, our electricity bill is !0% of what it was, we don't pay a lawn man, we only run 1 car, we dont buy many clothes or anything else (we won't be able to take them home) we eat out a lot less

8. Reealjrd profile image60
    Reealjrdposted 15 years ago

There are endless sites available which tell you they are paying you guaranteed returns. But after they charge you some which they do not display and that comes out as their hidden charges.

9. profile image55
    acur042posted 15 years ago

My advice to you is dont give up what youre doing. There is great money in internet marketing and should be taken serious these days. It just takes time....most people dont make $100/month especially when they've just started and just give up within a month so you're doing pretty good. Another hobby you should consider on the side is real estate business...just my opinion

10. Lissie profile image76

LOL This is the thread that never dies!
    @VAST - backlinks are the answer -  I am no expert but have seen my Adsense jump dramatically from building links to my hubs and other sites - Ive written about it on my blog about making money online one website at a time

@reelajdr - there are endless scams out there - be careful

@acur042 - you are kidding about the real estate I hope!

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lissie,i love to read your hubs and forum comments. You are so positive! I have taken advice about backlinks and do see some traffic,but I feel like I'm chained to this computer!Do i have to have 100 backlinks? I am always on the computer tweekingthe SEO and linking up everywhere. LOL ;smile

11. Lissie profile image76

Thanks for the compiment Stacie.  I was far from postiive when I started this thread but that was 10 months ago LOL. You need as many backlinks as you need - that is 1 more than your oppositition. I have a hub about backlinks all written out - in my head - I jus thave to put it on the screen now LOL

12. knslms profile image64
    knslmsposted 15 years ago

I love how these things fill up with advice from people who don't have a damn clue.

13. ninaredza profile image66
    ninaredzaposted 15 years ago

I've just discovered this creative earning system while driving to work.
    If you own a car, you HAVE to check out my site on earning extra income. Lots of tips there (especially Tip #1)!

All the best and don't give up!

14. Lissie profile image76

@knsms -  Idon't have a problem with that - they are at least trying to help!
    The ones' I have a problem with are the scams such as  this one -

@ninredza - I havent' bothered checking which scam you are promoting but really - do drive yes, do drive to work, no I work from home, can I earn money driving - I seriuosly doubt it not legally anyway!

15. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

How can I generate back links in addition to directory submission?

Jyoti Kothari

16. profile image53
    siva12posted 15 years ago

Today part time jog is growing rapidly.Everyone are interested to do part time job.I have been working as a part time worker for 1 year.This will help you in the financial critic.

<no signatures please>

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)