Social network for hubpage users

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (34 posts)
  1. conflictuniverse profile image58
    conflictuniverseposted 15 years ago

Hi
    I'm a big fan of both Hubpages, and Squidoo.
    So much so, I created a Social network and I'm now looking for members
    I don't want to break any rules so I won't post the link to the site till I get an ok from the admin

So, can I post the link?

PS: I has Do Follow for back links and I'm actively trying to increase page rank - It's only a week or so old.

Thank you

1. jadichand profile image57
      jadichandposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think you can add a link in your profile page big_smile

2. omarabid profile image42
      omarabidposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ok write it write it without http://www.

2. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

There is already a social network for hubpages but I am afraid to say that it is underused.....jimmy
    http://hubpages.ning.com/

3. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 15 years ago

The problem is you're new and untested. If you had a track record people may be inclined to follow you, but I've seen time and time again people getting excited about something, creating a supplementary site, and then disappearing. My suggestion is that you get involved in what's already established.

I'd be checking out the link that Jimmy's posted.

4. rockinjoe profile image88
    rockinjoeposted 15 years ago

That's interesting. I just started my Hubpages tribute site yesterday. It's a work in progress, so don't expect much now....I'll get there:)

http://www.prettywasted.com

The name of the site pretty much describes my writing.....

5. jimmythejock profile image84

It looks great Joe can't wait to see the finished project ......jimmy

1. rockinjoe profile image88
      rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jimmy. It's a little rough, but I'm working away on it. Obviously the main goal is to produce income, but backlinks for all of us is the benefit. I've had the domain sitting around gathering dust for the past couple of years and finally decided to put it to good use.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting collection you've chosen. I just read the Hub on profiling and would likely not have seen it otherwise. Thanks!

Thank you, Patty. I'll be adding more as time goes on. Thanks for stopping by my hub.

1. Cris A profile image58
            Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I took a peek at your work in progress! Can't wait for it to launch! Noticed the pic of your office though, i wouldn't have guessed you're into S&M! or devil worship! or both, depends on the time of day! LOL

Thanks, Cris. I feel kinda bad. It seems like I hijacked conflictuniverse's post. That wasn't the intention.

Nobody would think that of you, of course! Don't be silly! Besides darkside has got some valid points. Love the picture! specially that Blair Witch-y feel to it! LOL big_smile

6. conflictuniverse profile image58

I admit I need to be a bigger part of the community.
    I joined Squidoo in Feb 08, and Hubpages last month.
    I enjoy both and thought this would be a nice way to promote each site to each type of user.

I think a lot of hubpage users would like Squidoo, and the same of Squidoo liking Hubpages

Well, here is the link anyways.
    It's only a week or so old but has 9 members already (from Squidoo)
    I want to get hubbers involved too.

http://tagsilike.wackwall.com/

Thanks again for looking

I went that way and immediately noticed the tagsilike icon/logo - very clever indeed big_smile

7. conflictuniverse profile image58

Many thanks. I quite like it too. The logo's go well together I think.
    big_smile

8. conflictuniverse profile image58

Hi,
    Just wanted to say that 10 people have joined in the last 3 days.
    I hope to get crawled more often soon and hope to get some PR too as I post everyday, even if no one else day.

I would love to get more authors involved

Thanks
    PS: I am working on building a presence here too on hubpages.

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That would involve posting on the forums, somewhere else other than just in this thread.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

He is just not getting it darkside.

Woohoo ! yet another website built by a newbie hoping to generate activity from hubpages users.....

Sheeesh. I can get all the zero value backlinks I like from any number of sites. I don't even play on Jimmy's site and I respect him.

I am sure a dozen or so other newbies will go and play there.

1. conflictuniverse profile image58
          conflictuniverseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry if I offended anyone. I am just doing what every does and advertising something I think other people might like. I'm not a newbie. I have 8 blogs, 0ver 50 lenses, 6 hubs, and 1 social network. Been doing this stuff for over a year now.

Anyway, I won't post anymore information on this (other than what I am writing now) and will explore other peoples hubs.
          Thanks

No offense, but you are a hubpages newbie. And yes, you are advertising something you hope to make money out of.

What makes you think I would be interested in a zero value backlink from a site that is a few weeks old?

A year on the internet and you didn't think you might annoy a few regulars......

See above big_smile

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I have joined the social site.
         Jyoti Kothari

See? lol

10. jimmythejock profile image84

LOL@ Mark did you know you were a hubpages hero? check out my poem twas the hub before christmas.....jimmy

lol

No I did not know. Thanks. big_smile I was a little "surprised" the other day to discover just how many hubs reference me.

Most of it good......

11. jimmythejock profile image84

I have in the past read some unflattering words in hubs directed at you and Misha, but spammers seem to take offence at you for some reason lol.....jimmy

'tis all good. Although I have had a few of my sites hacked and numerous anti-Mark comments left on my blogs, I have also been offered 2 jobs based on my stances.

My favorite is still Mark Knowles is a douchebag

I own that term - do a google search lol

12. conflictuniverse profile image58

I didn't want to post anymore on here but oh well, it's at the top anyway so I'm not bumping it.

Sure, it's brand new, so it's has no page rank. Even Digg started out with no PR.
    You get word out (posting in related forums) and add your site to directories, and social book marking sites.

I'm just following the rule book, that's all.
    As I said, I am not trying to annoy anyone and apart from one or two people, I don't think that many people are bothered by this.

Anyway. Feel free to lock this thread or whatever.
    If you post a reply, your just bumping it back to the top again and that's isn't what you want.
    As I said, I will investigate other hubs and try and be a part of the community.

Oh, and just because you have been around a while, I don't think it's good practice to hassle the new members.

Thanks and have a nice day
    Gary

I don't care if it gets bumped back up or not. Some one gave you some good advice, and you ignored it and are "just following the rule book."

lol

What rule book is that?

The next Digg huh? I should jump back on, because there are not that many new social networking sites....... big_smile

13. conflictuniverse profile image58

You seem to have some problem with me, and well, that's your problem not mine.
    Have I nice day big_smile

lol

You think you are the first person to come here announcing a great new social networking site for free backlinks?

Guess everyone read the same rule book...... big_smile

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL

You made a wrong move Gary. Stop, back up, and think harder smile

That's the best piece of advice I can give you smile

15. conflictuniverse profile image58

Time to take your heart pills old man.
    Plus, isn't it nap time... you know your tired big_smile

lol

I will outlast you sunshine.

Looking forward to the next sally.......

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)