I am a believer

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (137 posts)
  1. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 13 years ago

I am happy to admit, I believe in God and his son. He is an spiritual entity when you except him in your heart. Wow, what an awesome feeling..

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/nimage/e48951dfb00fca00
    Have a great day to all smile

1. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a deep thinker, I see.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

deep enough to get a defensive reply from you lol lol

1. getitrite profile image71

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww36/layoutmaker2/shocked-smiley.jpg

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am also a believer. Pay no mind to those who try to insult you.

nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats them.. wink. They don't really rep our outstanding
        writers club with their attitude.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean producing garbage that means nothing in English in the hope of screwing a few pennies out of women suffering from breast cancer?

Yes - I see what you mean about the "outstanding writers club" and the terrible behavior of so-called christians.

I expect all the other believers will be fine with it though.

You have no morals. None. sad

1. watchya profile image60
            watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Didn't know breasts were silent killers!
            I'd better hurry up and remove mine ! yikes

2. getitrite profile image71

If she represents this "outstanding writers club" I would hate to see the not so outstanding members.  This excerpt is a proofreader's  nightmare.

2. nikki1 profile image61

Thanx big_smile

3. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend nikki1

It is good that you believe in the Creator- God Allah YHWH; but He never had a literal son. If he had a son; why did he not have a daughter? For having a son or a daughter He must have had a wife from His own species. Did He ever had a wife?

[72:4] ‘And we believe that the majesty of our Lord is exalted. He has taken neither wife nor son unto Himself.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … .php?ch=72

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. philmeyer profile image59
        philmeyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God DOES have an eternal Son. The reason people don't understand and/or refuse to understand this, is because they think about it on a human level.

God reveals Himself to us through His Word - the Bible - in three distinct persons, eternally co-existing as the one living God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Not three Gods, but one.

Father: He is the Father of creation, the One from whom everything originated, the ultimate and sovereign seat of power and authority of the universe. He has no beginning nor ending, time itself created by Him.

Son: Himself God, He is the Living Word, the Agent of creation, the One by which God created the universe, the visible reflection of the eternal God. He became known to us as the Son of God when He as God himself put on flesh: The Spirit of God overshadowed a young virgin girl (Mary) and caused her to become pregnant. In that instant the Word became flesh; God the Son became both Son of God and Son of man, 100% God and 100% Man.

The main reason why God himself (God the Son) had to become man, was to reconcile man with God. The moment the first man sinned, mankind was estranged from God, cut off from the face-to-face relationship with God Adam enjoyed, because a holy God hates sin, and sin can't enter His presence.

God, however, because He is love, would not simply wipe out mankind and therefore chose a people, a nation, to prepare a bloodline out of which the Savior would be born. That nation began with Abraham and his son Isaac (not Ishmael), and Isaac's son Jacob.

God changed Jacob's name to Israel, gave him 12 sons and so created the nation of Israel. Hundreds of years later Jesus of Nazareth was born, the earthly son of Mary, but also the heavenly Son of God - God Himself, in the flesh.

Apart from setting many examples for us on how to live and how to serve, He also eventually willingly and voluntarily paid with His own life, thereby bringing the final and conclusive sin-offering before God, reconciling man with God. A free gift, but not cheap - and one that has to be accepted by faith in Christ.

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Jesus was resurrected on the third day after His death by God's resurrection power, the firstfruits of many (of all those who would later die believing in Him). After spending a few more days with His disciples, giving them instructions, He was received up into heaven (not "up in the sky" - into God's domain, a real place/dimension way beyond human comprehension). He will return one day, to bring history to a close.

The Holy Spirit: God the Holy Spirit is God's presence on earth in the hearts of believers, in the midst of His church. He is also called the Comforter, the Promise of the Father, the Spirit of Jesus, the Spirit of prophecy etc.

I've written one serious essay, and fully expect some serious flak for it, but hey - sticks and stones... Rather read it again and make sure your relationship with God is right.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Big deal!  God sacrifices his son knowing he can bring him back to life whenever he wishes.  If he had left him dead it would then have become a sacrifice.  But it never happened anyway.

It did happen, Randy. And if you know how much he suffered physically, you'd understand how much of a sacrifice it was.

But the pinnacle of the sacrifice wasn't death, it came when Jesus cried out on the cross: "my God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" In that instant God the Father did what He should have done to mankind long ago. He removed His presence and nature completely and totally from Jesus, turning His back on him, so to speak. That is the point at which Jesus descended into hell, and paid the price that we should have.

No-one alive on this planet can say that God has ever forsaken them, because he hasn't. Not even in the most dire and drastic situation, or when we were the worst of sinners. Throughout our lives we enjoy God's presence and blessings, even if we choose to ignore Him or not believe in Him. Until the point of death... that's when the rest of your eternal future is decided - with God (in His immediate presence), or completely without God. A complete absence of God's presence is something we are unable to imagine for ourselves, and no-one alive has ever experienced it.

All of us will be resurrected at a point in the future; "some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2). And all that makes the difference between eternal joy and eternal grief is faith in (firm belief and trust in, and relationship with) Jesus Christ - or the absence thereof.

The choice is yours, and it's clear and simple.

Merely your opinion whether it ever happened or not, Phil!  If god wanted to make a point he would have not have intervened and Jesus would have remained on the cross until his body decomposed and fell to the ground like the many thousands crucified before him.

Bringing him back to life after this would have really convinced many of his true godliness, but instead he was spirited away while still alive, according to those with just as much veracity as you.   

But you have yet to explain how this was a sacrifice when god could bring him back at any time.  And why are you so sure Jesus felt any pain at all?  After all, the accounts are all hearsay, as in gospels ACCORDING to Luke, Mark, Matthew, John,etc! 

Unless you were there, you do not know anything for certain.  But if you have any actual facts I will be glad to hear them. If not, you have no argument at all except through hearsay!

1. profile image0

jesus could not have hung on the cross until his corpse decomposed because no criminal could hang on a cross on the sabbath and no dead body could be in a city during the morning sacrifice. These were rules that were strictly obeyed.

jesus said many times they will have the sign of the prophet jonah and in 3 days i will raise this temple up and the pharisees knew this as one pharisee said.. post guards to the tomb so no one might steal him away.

Jesus was not spirited away before he died, that would make god a liar. Jesus hung on the cross alive for 6 hrs.. the first 3 hrs were the wrath of man, the next 3 hrs were the wrath of god. At all times in the bible did jesus refer to god as his father but while those last 3 hrs occurred jesus was heard to say my god, my god, why has thou forsaken me. Then jesus said, It is finished and gave up the spirit of god which had come back to him and he died in the flesh as every sacrifice does to fulfill the pattern for sacrifice fully. The guards noticed he was dead, roman guards are a good judge of dead people as they see them every day. The other two were not dead i assume, as they break their legs so they could die faster, the next day being a sabbath day they had to die quickly too.
                This was a sacrifice because jesus' blood was spilled, lots of it. His earthly ministry was ended because he died. According to the pattern of sacrifice all that need occur is blood be spilled and a death occur. Whether god could raise him up was not an important part of the sacrifice. It was what happened after the sacrifice. Jesus loved the world he felt pain on so many levels.
                The gospels are his students, disciples, truthful men acting according to the will of god. I'd believe that was truth more than any other.
                The only actual facts i have is what i know to be true and that understanding came from having a little faith to believe enough to accept christ and follow the bible and that little faith has blossomed into a bigger and bigger faith.
                Good luck with this

"The only actual facts i have is what i know to be true and that understanding came from having a little faith to believe enough to accept christ and follow the bible and that little faith has blossomed into a bigger and bigger faith."

Like I said, you have no facts!  And we are supposed to just take your word for your statements?  LOLOLOL!  Did you inherit your religion like most do in the south and southwest?  You certainly sound like it!

2. Mark Knowles profile image60

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Dear me. You joined up just to point out this contradiction?

Thanks.

2. ediggity profile image59
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, glad to have you here nikki.

Thank you smile.

3. watchya profile image60
        watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad to know you're in good company ! smile

If you like invisible friends, that is. big_smile

4. Michael Adams1959 profile image81
        Michael Adams1959posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I AM A BELIEVER ALSO! PRAISE GOD! And don't let the others on here that will degrade this post bother you. Just pray they will one day know the living God.

wink thanx

5. i_am_Legend profile image59
        i_am_Legendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man-Living in the sky- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for- ever and ever 'til the end of time....BUT HE LOVES YOU!

George Carlin

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the old T simply reeks of love! Love of torture, love of threats, love of eternal damnation, it is full of love! lol

1. profile image0

There is no eternal damnation except the damnation of missing out on what god has in store for people in the next life. The damnation is multiplied (self awareness wise) when all of a sudden a person is standing before god realizing their whole life was calling him a sky fairy on hub pages. God does love and he will not put you in a situation of burning forever and ever in torment. There will be pain and agony for a length of time, how long, i do not know, (critics say christ is taking a long time to return so maybe a day is to a thousand years to the lord lol, 2 Peter 3:8) but what i know is that it will not continue forever and ever. Just as all of a sudden a person was resurrected to be judged UNworthy to live in gods kingdom forever and ever, he will be exterminated, put to an end. finished. It is not part of gods good nature to torment forever and ever, without end. The wages of sin is death and we all know that death is very final, this is the second death (the one after your first death of your flesh then will be the death of your bad or ill kept soul). God will have purged the bad from the good and taken the good onto himself and terminated all others. This will hurt god and the sinner, that cannot be avoided, but, then again god went to extremes to unite people onto himself, the quote i seldom hear from nonbelievers is that "god gave his only son", and who gives a son? a car maybe.. a son, never.
            Good luck with this and i hope you can incorporate this termination belief into your hate philosophy which after so doing might not be so full of hate. Cheers buddy!!

lol That was wonderful! You have said more about yourself here than I could have!

Rotting in hell for laughing at your sky fairy on hubpages? I think not! lol lol lol
              What an imagination! lol

6. profile image55
        tradingtips11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

7. profile image55
        (Q)posted 13 years ago

"Don't bogart that joint my friend...
        ... pass it over to meeeeeee..."

1. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That explains that...

8. LeanMan profile image80
        LeanManposted 13 years ago

Religion is something that was invented to keep the masses under control.... stay in bed or the monster under the bed will get you!!

If people really believed in those basic rules from all of the "religions" we would all live in harmony wouldn't we...

9. optimus grimlock profile image60
        optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

the monkeys were believers lol

10. aware profile image66
        awareposted 13 years ago

try decaf . just a thought.

11. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Get a grip. lol

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Is there a reason this thread has been started?  It asks for no conversation or questions/answers

How can I believe anything lol

12. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 13 years ago

Mama mia! Outstanding writers club? lol lol lol

How did you find this gem?

13. nikki1 profile image61

Hi, check this out..
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGwDrxrC2kz
        Thank you

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
          schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nikki,
          nice to meet you :-)
          In the history of the world since 33AD, there have been "many" who believed in God and his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit (God -3 in one).
          Some were poor, simple beggars and some were elevated to Doctors of the Catholic Church. Some were Saints who needed to have performed at least 3 miracles to be called Saints.

So we have the MOST intellectual --read my hub (A very intelligent and Logical Man!) and the most feeble minded--all who needed and realized the VALUE in believing in a SAVIOR rather than relying on 'THEIR OWN MERITS'
          Unfortunately today, in our sinful world, plagued with sickness etc, we have people who want to REPLACE GOD with THEMSELVES.
          All I can say to them Nikki, is 'GOOD LUCK IN HELL!!'
          I wish everyone all the best and God be with you always!!!

"All I can say to them Nikki, is 'GOOD LUCK IN HELL!!'
            I wish everyone all the best and God be with you always!!!"

Typical Christian logic!

hmm

2. nikki1 profile image61

Well, we really shouldn't can't say, unfortunately: "GOOD LUCK IN HELL". We just pray for them. And, hope they realize what their fate is. Gods love it ever lasting.
            However, when those test him.. sad. I personally feel for'm.
            Its quite sad though. God fought for them and so did Jesus.
            God created Earth and all the beauty in it. Thank you for your comment, very appreciated. Also, God works in caring and mysterious ways. I only hope they see the errors of their ways.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggGwDrxrC2k

If you want to experience real suffering, listen to the schoolgirls youtube singing videos.  Talking about Hell!  LOL!

1. i_am_Legend profile image59
                i_am_Legendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol!

3. nikki1 profile image61

Hello Schoolgirlforreal, plez'd to meet u too..
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSqSyvAZYXY

14. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I beg please can someone kill this ridiculous thread

out a here

weird mate

smile

15. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I don't believe. However if you do and it works for you, great. Glad you found something that makes you feel good and at peace. smile

1. luvpassion profile image62
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now see...here's an intelligent reply.

16. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Are all three of them psychotic?

[The Lord speaking]  "The one who has stolen what was set apart for destruction will himself be burned with fire, along with everything he has, for he has broken the covenant of the LORD and has done a horrible thing in Israel."  (Joshua 7:15 NLT)

A threat to burn someone like this would certainly indicate one very sick fairy! lol

You are one twitted person. God was angry at the person for doing the stealing. God was fighting for the victim. Sicko. Shame on you.

I quoted from your bible. this is how your god thinks, you missed the point and went straight to personal abuse which I will report.

So could I then report you for likening God to 'one very sick fairy'?

Amazing how people think in human terms and along human values when they talk about God. He's God, he created the heavens and the earth (the entire universe, in other words). Yet we like to prescribe to Him, and ascribe human nature and values to Him.

Pathetic  :-/

1. profile image0
                Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If God created a man and this man is a sinner, how should I call this God? And then he goes and punishes his creation! Very moronic I should say from a logical point of view. The problem is there is not much logic in any religion from contemporary point of view. Just old granny's fairytales.But some people just love to tell fairytales!

1. profile image0

God created man and then man chose not go gods ways. I find it difficult to naively believe that the eating of one fruit of a tree of knowledge of good and evil.. i have heard of apple trees, fig trees, etc. but man this musta been one special tree, i speak sarcastically,... Man (adam) did a bunch of sins this is represented by gods absence from the garden and eventually adam crossed the line with god and went to far in the ways of himself and not god. So god moved him out of the garden of eden so that adam would not live forever in his sinful state. Living forever is a key point.
                  So god did not punish adam, the snake got the worst of it, lol. And god just said to adam, the cursed ground outside the garden will now be yours to toil over, and to eve he said you are now going to have to have children to populate the earth that i might receive onto myself believers. (paraphrased but accurate) So i respectfully say that your harsh response toward god on hubpages here is misdirected.
                  Good luck.

2. earnestshub profile image81

You go right ahead and report what I said about the crazy sky fairy! lol

3. earnestshub profile image81

You know what is pathetic? Taking no responsibility for one's own behaviour, and farming it off to an impossible invisible fairy.
                Now that is pathetic! lol

17. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years ago

God is great for the spiritualist.

big_smile

18. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Jesus according to the bible never gave up anything. He supposedly was alive after his resurrection, so lost nothing! lol How did he give up his life when he never died!
        Hilarious! lol

1. Joy56 profile image67
          Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

he gave up his heavenly life with god, to come to earth.....

SO funny ....... I saw the title of this thread, then your name.........   My mind somehow connected the two, and i thought you had been converted, how funny, nice to see you here on religion forums it's a great place to be.,  God bless.

Hi Joy. Me converted? Again? lol Not likely. I studied my way in one side of religion and out the other! smile

1. Joy56 profile image67
              Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

never say never.......... nice to see you, with same avatar...... you thinking of changing it?

2. profile image0

Got proof earnest? Ya know if you just spout off without proof you seem kinda silly.
          And i firmly believe you are not in any way qualified to respond to anything i write or anybody else's in here either. I do get deeply offended when i realize that my pearls have landed on perhaps the biggest swine in the forum. Not attacking just quoting bible and ya know i am forbidden of god to lie. If the truth hurts talk to god about it.
          Try to refrain from sobbing to hubpages about it and just take the medicine you so rightfully deserve.
          Sorry buddy, had to be said to you again as you just don't learn easily, do ya. As usual i wish you all the best in another forum and many years of total happiness, offline. (now that's hilarious! lol)
          rotting in hell for calling god a sky fairy.. lets analyze that.. it shows your heart toward god, earnest. It shows deep disrespect, pride, mockery and a ton of other stuff, as a matter of fact YOU HAVE JUST SAID MORE ABOUT YOURSELF than i did of myself. You don't stand in good standing with god posting stuff like that and i'll bet my entire afterlife on it.

Proof that the psychotic ramblings in the bible are not true?
            It is self explanatory to those who are not indoctrinated! lol

1. profile image0

So you have only your own ramblings to substantiate your ramblings. lol now that's hilarious. How someone who completely failed at christianity would profess themselves to know it all.
              I see you must truly be the life of the party. Now thats hilarious.
              .. are your hubs copied?
              Keep drinking lol
              Cheers!

"So you have only your own ramblings to substantiate your ramblings."

Do you ever think about what you are saying?  You have no proof of any of your ramblings yet you say this to Earnest?  Aren't you supposed to turn the other cheek instead?  LOL!

19. Beelzedad profile image60
        Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

I'm a believer.

So, what is it we are believing in today? smile

1. ediggity profile image59

Something that uses assumptions to maintain accuracy, is created by man, and is incomplete.

1. profile image0

Your assumptions are inaccurate, created by yourself and is incomplete. Read the first post lol.

Oh, I believe in the first post.  My answer referred to the Theory of General Relativity.

2. Beelzedad profile image60
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The bible? Why didn't you just say so? smile

No, I was referring to TGR.wink

1. Beelzedad profile image60

Is that like the King James version or something from the Old Testament? Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that particular changing of gods word you refer.

No, it's just a Theory created by the individual in your picture.  It is made by man, uses assumptions, and is incomplete.  Out of all the people, I thought you would understand that.  Guess not.

I did not know that Einstein wrote the bible. How about that. LOLOLOL

No educated Ministers wrote the bible. And, did a great deal of research.

Really? Did they cure breast cancer also?

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Where did they go to do their research?  Bob Jones University or ORU?  Oh boy!

3. Beelzedad profile image60

Doesn't that actually put the cart before the horse?

2. ediggity profile image59

Your comment would almost make sense if the BIBLE was a scientific theory, but it's not, so nice try. E for effort.

3. profile image0

No, he (Einstein)  just plagiated some manuscripts or may be God just plagiated (or plagiarized if you like) some from Einstein?  I am confused , sorry. Who was the first with crazy theories? I better go. Somebody might kick me...

The dude you refer to won a Noble Prize for his work on electrodynamics, which opened up the world of quantum field theory for others.

Again, that would be one of the many versions of the bible when god kept changing his word, diametrically in opposition to his previous word. smile

Did that dude really do all that bro?LOL

Wow, that last comment is exactly what people did to TGR.

Sure, right here on the Noble Prize website, he discovered the photoelectric effect.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/phys … ates/1921/

smile

20. nikki1 profile image61
      21. nikki1 profile image61

In my opinion.. God made our earth and everything in it. Fought for our soul. And, no one thanks him for it. I for one will be the first.. thank you God and Jesus.

Do you actually think you are the first to thank him?  Or are you just being dramatic?

big_smile

I figured as much!

2. profile image0

Nice to know.

Correction:  I for one will say I believe in God.

22. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years ago

I'm curious. Why do non-Christians enjoy posting on the Christian Living Forum? If there were an Atheist Living Forum, I'd have absolutely no interest in posting there. Nor would I post on a Cannibal Recipes Forum, an Incest Forum, or a Tightwalker Forum. (I'm afraid of heights!)

I've yet to see a christian on any of the christian forums either!

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look to your left, RD. You wouldn't know a Christian if she handled your snake!

Oh I've know many who claimed to be christians! But they never fulfill the role!

1. habee profile image93

And what is your definition of that "role"? Perhaps you don't understand the term.

Those who try to emulate JC and follow his teachings, would be my answer.  But no one knows whether he ever existed or what he actually said.  People today have no assurance anything attributed to him in the bible is true. 

They are simply assuming the unknown writers, who supposedly got the story from Matthew, Mark, Luke, etc., who claimed to be quoting him, were telling the truth.  The Greek authors were anything but undramatic.  But you know this, being a literature teacher and all.  Simply another Greek tragedy to enthrall the masses.

Like I said, many who claim to be, or think they are!

1. habee profile image93

So if that's what you believe, on what are you basing your requirements for a "real Christian"? Wouldn't the definition that those same teachings use be the standard? We all fall short, as the Bible says, but some endeavor to emulate Christ more than others. Examples might be feeding and clothing the poor, comforting the sick and depressed, and helping to care for God's creatures here on Earth.

I do not have requirements because just like you, I have no idea what JC taught or said.  Those thinking they are christians cannot be assured they are not reading complete fiction in the bible. 

They usually follow the parts they like best and ignore those they cannot adhere to.  They may even be completely wrong scripture which does not come close to what JC would have liked.  Can you prove they aren't? 

You can't follow his teachings unless you are sure he actually taught them.  No amount of interpretation by common men will make the slightest bit of difference.

2. h.a.borcich profile image60
          h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Habee smile I often wonder this as well.

3. profile image0

I'll ask permission next time.

23. MikeNV profile image67
        MikeNVposted 13 years ago

God is whatever you want him/her/it to be. Religion on the other hand is a creation of man in order to control the masses.

1. habee profile image93

Mike, I have said the same thing about religion many times.

24. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years ago

I understand that, but by the same token, you can't say what a Christian is or isn't. That is, unless you're privy to some knowledge that the rest of us mere mortals lack.

I fully agree!  This is why I said I never saw a christian before.  There aren't any to be seen. 

We have no assurance JC ever existed or was the son of god.  So people claiming to be christians cannot know if they are actually christians or not.  Can you actually tell if someone is a christian or merely a "believer"?  There is a difference you know!

I for one know I am a Christian, I believe in the bible. God and Jesus died for us. God made mankind, earth,. Those who believe in him shall be saved. I believe in him.

Nikki, if god died, why doesn't it say so in your bible?  If god and Jesus are the same entity, why did you say "god and Jesus" died?  You are not making sense with your statements!

If they are still around, neither of them died!  And what kind of sacrifice is it when they can just come back every time they die?  Even if they die more than once it is no big deal as long as they can be brought back to life again.  Big sacrifice!

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
                ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

she was speaking in the language of the unconscious. because a "god" and the human manifestation are separated in the conscious thought with the empowered universal self that resides in the human... and when the vessel was destroyed so did the otherworldly power.

(but as you know, it was raised up. demonstrating that the power of influence exceeds earthly life)

you are once again arguing with the language of nursery rhymes using weather report language.

It's a futile exercise, I'm telling you.

Sorry, CB!  I keep forgetting to ask you what I should think!  Sorry!  LOL!

2. Sab Oh profile image55
                Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You might find it interesting to study Christian theology rather than taking superficial swipes at something you don't seem to understand.

I have studied christian theology, Sab Oh!  And "interesting" is not the word I would choose!  More like ridiculous!  Wrong again!

1. Sab Oh profile image55

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose.

What a concession!  That's very kind of you!  LOL!

1. Sab Oh profile image55

I just hope you give it a try again some day and perhaps understand a little more. Maybe suspending prejudice first would make it more productive.

2. profile image0
              Bubbooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nikki...Those who believe in Him "shall be saved" not "shall be a christian".  No where in the Bible are we called "christians" by God or Jesus.  We are called disciples, children, friend and many other things, but not once "christian".  I am a believer in Jesus Christ and I love the Lord my God, and I do not feel the need to exalt myself any higher than He does.  I think we could also learn from the first disciples who never called themselves "christians".  I believe satan has added   ian   at the end of Christ and is using it to destroy Chrisianity.  Understand that the word christian did come from unbelievers.  Just thought I would share.

God Bless

1. profile image0
                Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to add a thought to that issue if you don't mind.

...Just because the disciples were first called Christians by people who meant it in a derogatory way (if they did mean it that way)....doesn't mean a saved person should be ashamed of then title of "Christian".    Matter of fact, one should boast about being a Christian in the way that Paul spoke of boasting (as in giving Christ the glory and being one of His followers).

1. profile image0

We should not be ashamed if we are called christians, but let us not get caught up in telling the world who WE are rather let us focus on who HE is.  The world may one day find out that we are not who we "say" we are, but they will come to find that Jesus is who He says He is.  Let us not take the focus off of Him.

God Bless

1. profile image0
                    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Correct!
                    The main meaning of my post was in response to the attempts of atheists to dismiss the word Christian as invalid.

1. profile image0

You are correct.  The word Christian is not invalid, but it is only valid if we live the life of a Christain.  I see the point of some atheist who say we are not Christians because we don't live like Christains.  Christian is not a state of being, it is a life style.  If I call myself a Christian I am at risk of slandering the name of Jesus wtih my actions.  I should let my actions be my testimony and then let God be the judge.

God Bless

25. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years ago

Of course, there's a difference. For example, satanists believe in Christ, but that doesn't make them Christians.

I know that!  It makes them republicans!  LOL!

Didn't you just contradict yourself? Are you privy to some knowledge that the rest of us mere mortals lack?

They have the right to call themselves Christians just as much as anyone else. smile

26. maheshpatwal profile image64
        maheshpatwalposted 13 years ago

I too believe in the super power of nature by whatever name we call it Jesus/Allah/Ram...........

smile

1. profile image0

???

27. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Not to split hairs, but didn't a freshman politician, won president win a Noble Prize too...

Beez, the Creator never changed his mind, people tried to change his and wrote accordingly their failure to do so. There is no real opposition. They are the same covenant from three intervals.

Who? For what?

Eddigity did say it was man made so obviously men are going to change it. Or, is there a bible that god wrote himself?

I said TGR was man made.  It's not nice to lie in public.

2. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama. What for? No freakin` clue -seriously and metaphorically.

Well, the bible first off is just the title of a book. The stuff in it was written by men. Oddly, the text even states that his Words are not the text, but a living entity. ( which is one of my many reason to oppose religion ). I have never seen a opposition in the text, only several perspectives of equal events. Again, most of the entire text was written as Torah, not bible. And translating Hebrew is tough enough without Old English hermit scribes trying to do so by candlelight in dark, musty dungeons...

For peace? Did he bring the boys home, yet?

Yes, that doesn't bode to well for authenticity or credibility, does it?

Why doesn't one of the gods just come down here and straighten it all out for us. Think about, we would all be _____________.

1. profile image0

well the 'gods' are already here. The creator can't come down when he is everywhere -everything. See the problem. Humans expect a manifest deity to appear on Olympus with lightning bolts coming from his arse. Not going to happen. Again, according to the texts, merely a portion of his words are this entire universe. that is what they miss...

yeah, ummm, I don't do politics well, but still don't see why he received a peace prize for winning an election against a few cronies, a turkey-killing-sex-kitten-conservative-right-wing-nut and an ex-presidents wife with 18 million cracks in her ceiling...

The only problem I see is the complete lack of gods everywhere. Can you point one of them out to me?

And why not? Zeus is just as likely to exist as any other god. smile

1. profile image0

Beez, you own a mirror? You are considered by Creator as a creation -in Hebrew it is said Elohim (Creator) and elohim (creators). The religious use the words god, which annoys me, since the actual term god is from pre-Hebrew: Ba`al worship, which is said to have first come into existence during Enoch's time -less than a thousand years after Adams "woopsy". The term itself does not depict a single entity but a single unity of many entities...

Yes, and my mirror only reflects what is there and there are no gods in my mirror. Any gods out your way? smile

1. profile image0

{{ passes the windex }} big_smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

I can believe some see themselves as a god!  They also see themselves as other things too!  This is called delusion!  LOL!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)