do you think we need sex in order to stay mentally fit ?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (177 posts)
  1. Bikash jha profile image60
    Bikash jhaposted 13 years ago

do you think we should do sex as much we need it physically or we should restrict our self with social boundaries.
    do you think not doing sex as much our body needs makes us sex starved or addict or insane???????????

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I say, if you have the time to fit it into your daily schedule, then it will keep you extremely healthy.
      One will go insane, should they follow the second doctrine of religions to the maximum. The second doctrine of religions calls for one to oppress their inner desires, all of them. After a period of time, a person will go completely insane and most likely hurt or harm someone.

That's just a thought. Interesting questions though.

1. Elpaso profile image60
        Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do priest and nuns do just fine without sex? Or, do you think the whole Catholic Church is insane? I think like you as far as religion in general goes, but, I don't think Catholic Priest and Nuns show mental illness more than people of any other religion or no religion.

1. Cagsil profile image69

I find your post revolting to say the least. These people claim to abstain from having it, yet they do, not only with each other, but with children too? roll
          Not all of them, because most are just perpetuating the hoax known as religion or god, whichever the case. However, I would like to point out- pedophiles in churches don't give you a clue to the mental state of some? roll
          I'm glad you have your narrow view. Do keep it, it suits you.

However, if any single person attempts to live their life, within DOCTRINE of their religion- just getting through the first three is unattainable and will drive one insane.

Hence, a self-realization comes to be that religion is a hoax purported/perpetuated by others, for power, influence and wealth, and Nothing more. wink

2. Bikash jha profile image60
          Bikash jhaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Elpaso do you think banning something this natural and human phenomenon is religious? I am not attacking christanity as hinduism, buddhism too have same theroies but every creature do it and this is so natural. we need it for having baby and you know if sex was not satisfying or entertaining and was suppose to be only a process, do you really think as much selfish we are right now we will do something boring and hard exercise just to have children. Why would nun or monk or pope wouldnt do it. is it sin?
          Why is it sin because its bring pleasure, and i question those religion who abandon pleasure, i question if  it is of god way but i believe thats human stupidity.

I think it's stupid and downright unhealthy not to have sex as much as you can. But, you are a Hindu and I'm not religious. So we have no say in what practices Catholic Priests and nuns believe are their CALLING! Their reasons make sense considering the responsibility they take on. God Sustains them. They seem fine to me.

1. son0fhobs profile image61
              son0fhobsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not that there's the most tact on this thread, but coming from a highly religious background, I was trained not only to abstain, but just plain not think about it!  Believing that God made me and life was about living for Him, I did everything in my power to whole heartedly follow what I was taught.  Considering we didn't have a TV nor easy access to the internet, I ended up not releasing any of that tension until I was 23!  (well, except for nights when those dreams just went wild!)  It was so bad for my health and I have so many muscle tension issues and others.  God, I wish I was corrupted at an earlier age!  So yes, sex is definitely very healthy.  That's not to say moderation isn't important, but each person has a different definition of moderate, and I say, to each his own!

*Disclaimer: Letting lofty unrealistic religious rules dominate one's life often is unrealistic as man contorts and misinterprets and makes religion a misery.  That doesn't mean there isn't a god(s), and that spirituality doesn't exist.  I just find that man tends create religion, rules, regulations, and impossible standards that bread hypocrisy, misrepresentation of what they believe to be the truth, and turn religion into complete.   tomfoolery.

you are right and thats what i was talking about.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Another Fantastic, Highly Motivational and Sexually Charged Thread roll

What WE do is a matter of Personal Choice Not a matter of Herd Mentality.... Unless of course you are a two headed Bull. hmm

In Answer to your question: Clearly with the nature of your question along with the number of ????s here... you suffer from that fine line between sex starved and an over indulgent use of your dominant hand roll

Were you attempting to demonstrate that to an audience? hmm

yes dude and this is first time you give me an straight answer. i am flatered.

3. lovelifebehappy profile image60
      lovelifebehappyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sex alone is an awful word for me. I use the term "making love, sounds better for me...It is noted to relieve stress and one of the best physical and mental exercise a human being could have..If couples perform it with full emotion, heart and all, the result would be awesome...also, it is the best "side-effect free" (even if taken  "overdozage") sleep-inducer...hahaha..(is there such thing as sex overdose?).. the best alarm to wake us up in the morning....for ladies, it makes the skin supple and glowing and radiant...young looking...beautiful...It is also a glue that binds marriage..couples.... I was told by a close friend last time that ONE of the things to keep husband at home  is "sex"..u can go to a restaurant for good food to fill ur tummy, anytime...but not sex with love.....

1. bsscorpio8 profile image60
        bsscorpio8posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what Tiger Woods MEANT to say.

1. deweyduck profile image61
          deweyduckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tiger uses clubs to hit golf balls while his wife uses clubs to hit tiger balls.

big_smile

2. Denise Handlon profile image87
          Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's funny bsscorpio8

4. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Huh...Me would like to think that perhaps what you might have sauid somewhere earlier could be the case but Me can not think straight this morning for some kind of reason??? big_smile

5. leeberttea profile image57
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like sex! Anything that feels that good should be done as often as possible! Denial though is good for discipline and raising anticipation makes for a pleasurable and satisfying sexual experience!

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's why am I abstaining from sex for the next 40 years...

I want to have a killer orgasm on my 80th birthday!

1. lovelifebehappy profile image60

oh!....better have a "rehearsal" first before your big day!....smile....

stop hitting on me please....  and come back in 4 decades

tongue

stop thinking about your age...the more you think about those digits, the more you feel...#@*&%$......!....instead, ...think young...feel young......love a lot.....laugh a lot.....smile always....be happy...hmmmmmuah!...

Hit on me!!! I am old, though I can hold!!!!

Yep, sex feels good and does wonders for your mood, but it's also fantastically great for your health. Research shows that people with active sex lives have stronger immune systems, less pain, a lower cancer risk, healthier hearts, and less stress. The best news: It can even make you look younger—up to 12 years, a study shows.

THAT'S FUNNY, too, Greek One

3. william22 profile image56
        william22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya! i think so lol

6. double_frick profile image61
      double_frickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i do not.
      i think that those who feel the urge should satiate that urge in an acceptable manner (which varies from person-to-person) and when they do not that can make them less mentally fit.

so repressing those urges=bad
      it causes a slew of other problems, sexual and otherwise.

i think that for those that do innately have stronger/more sexual urges should either find someone willing to accomodate or choose to go solo (i mean single, having sex with various people...)
      i do not think this is bad, i think society as made people believe that the "correct" way to live is the typical tv family, but i believe some people are meant to be single. date around. eternal bachelors...ahhh the life...

but the wrong part is when you expect someone else to match your sexual desires in a relationship...or go elsewhere when they do not...

if you choose to be in a relationship...respect your partner.
      other than that...anything goes, IMO. *shrugs*

7. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

is it the same question like, are sexless people mentally unfit? I say NO.

I was sexless for 8 years one time but then but I was not mentally unfit, in fact I was in a graduate studies.
      A little bit dizzy always yes hehe

1. Denise Handlon profile image87

Two thumbs up, prettydarkhorse.

2. vanessa12 profile image57
        vanessa12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

that would make three of us!! Cheers! smile

3. Jemmy-T profile image57
        Jemmy-Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing prettydarkhorse smile

1. allison24 profile image56
          allison24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

agree also with prettydarkhorse! smile

8. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

depends on the person.

9. profile image0
      Contriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No...it's just sex!  It not like food and water.

Check this out, if it wasn't for food, YOU would not be here. If it was,'t for water, YOU would not be here. What comes next? Do you see we=here I am going? IT is integral to perpetuating life, thus survival, the same as food, and water.

2. Elpaso profile image60

I'm starting to worry about some of the people here, sex is not necessary, sex is not important...I got to get personal: just what kind of sex are you having? Have you had GOOD GOOD sex?(Dr. Ruth)

http://exopoliticsnews.wordpress.com/20 … -megagasm/

10. profile image0
      Always Greenerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do, because it helps a person to maintain an emotional and physical balance in their lives-  it's just as important as eating and sleeping.  As for all the religious hoo haa, well...

Do you think sex is as much mental as it is physical?

1. profile image0
          Always Greenerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To some extent, because what you find sexy is also influenced by what you think about someone.  The brain is definitely linked to sex as much as anything.

11. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

xo

12. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think sex is one way the body stays in homeostasis harmony with itself.  It helps the body as well as the mind.  It is probably one of the most healthiest activities and exercises that people do, both mentally and physically.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK honestly chick, that avatar ROCKS!  Love you even more!

don't care if i am off topic, being sexy  plays a big role in sex

You Go Girl!

tongue

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks hon!  Glad to see you out and about.smile

2. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

I don't know about mental fitness but it gives you a good cardio-vascular workout.  The rest is so much cultural / social morays.  (Obviously, I'm not confusing love and sex here.)

3. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

If sex were the only exercise during a lifetime then the answer would be Yes. lol

No, I don't think we need sex to stay mentally fit.  I don't even think we need sex to remain alive.

You need sex to sustain life. Right?

Sex...safe sex... is one of the basic needs of humans..as long as they are able to....c'mon.guys...let's be honest to ourselves....

1. Rafini profile image82
          Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sex for the sake of sex is nothingness.  Sex as a true act of love has no comparison.

big_smile

mmmmmmmmmmmmm nothingness

When are you going to change your name to Homer?  big_smile

people would get me confused with Rom Montgomery then

2. Jemmy-T profile image57
              Jemmy-Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you shouldn't do sex just for the sake of sex, otherwise you wait 40 years for nothingness smile

Jenny my favorite sports team hasn't won a championship in 43 years...

waiting for nothingness is what I do

smile

2. bsscorpio8 profile image60

Sex leads to babies and babies are by no means "nothingness"!!!

...some people like "sex"...some people don't..those who doesn't like sex, MAYBE are the ones who haven't had experience the real act or maybe did it just for the sake of experience with a "paid" partner..and some are incapable of doing  so...due to age perhaps...or health status...."the mind is willing but the flesh is weak"...
              There's a man in our place who fathered  a child at the age of 72 with a 27 yr old lady...they later have 8 children and he died at the ripe age of 102..And also. there was another man in our place who was already 97 and yet, he married an 18 yr old girl..they had 5 children and he lived a long life..Shouldn't he have not been hit by a falling coconut, he must have lived till 130 yrs...he died at age 125...i think, "sex adds life"...so, you guys who wants to stay fit and live longer, ..."make love"..."sexercise"... ...ah, yes...more babies...

For those who do not like sex, do not indulge!!! Sex makes life.

2. Rafini profile image82

Having sex just to say you are having or have had sex is pointless.

big_smile  What I'm referring to is loveless sex.  I want no part of loveless sex - If I'm going to have sex in order to have a baby then by damn the man had better love me (first!!) and I had better love him (also first!!).

Now, sex as a true act of love has no comparison.

big_smile  What I'm talking about is the kind of sex that lasts for hours and hours and brings two people together, spiritually, as one.  The kind of sex that doesn't' tire you or bore you, but ignites further desire for more. big_smile

Now, to answer the question again - No, I don't think we need sex in order to stay mentally fit, unless it's the only form of exercise one chooses throughout a lifetime and how sad a life that would be.

Now remember, some guys will tell you, "I love you" just to get sex that lasts for hours!

but if I don't love them they ain't getting it   big_smile lol

But you (the man) are!!!

I did not know we were talking about you. I was keeping it "general".

2. lovelifebehappy profile image60

... it takes a second to say "i love u" but it will take time to get that person into sex.....

Which person? Some are "easy".

2. lauren03 profile image54
        lauren03posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i might agree of that

2. vanessa12 profile image57
      vanessa12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

go rafini! cheers on you! smile

No sex= no life!

thanks vanessa  lol  I'm thinking some people just don't understand - sex as a weapon or an excuse is just plain old inexcusable.

But, if a man I love loves me back and wants to show it through sex...then let's go!!  lol

What is it that some people do not understand?
          Of course you do realize that sex IS often used as a weapon.

apparently you missed the part where I said

sex as a weapon or an excuse is just plain old inexcusable.

Or, maybe you missed the part where I said

I don't believe I have anything left to say  Especially to someone who thinks women are only put on this earth as a sex toy.

Do not be so presumptuous. At no point did I EVER indicate that I thought  "women were only put on this earth as a sex toy."

sex as a weapon or an excuse is just plain old inexcusable. I believe that we are in agreement on this statement.

For someone who believes that they have nothing left to say, you sure are saying a lot.

4. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

omg YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

1. allison24 profile image56
      allison24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

definitely! lol smile

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

does having sex with a bundt cake make you mentally obese?

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes, luv.  Obese but totally satisfied.

This I find to be supremely amusing!!

3. Denise Handlon profile image87

LOL   YOU are all cracking me up!!!  LOL

6. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

It certainly helps

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/samantha1909/Decorated%20images/funny_cat_pictures_188.jpg

HAHAHAHAH!!!! LMOA!  big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

2. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and we all could use a little help from our friends! smile

3. Denise Handlon profile image87

Blonde poet: F U N N E E !

7. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

I hope I don't actually need sex to stay mentally fit.  I haven't got any in simply AGES!!!!  Maybe that excuses my not being able to figure out the missing letters in va***a!

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Just shows you have a clean mind my dear, unlike others we could mention.

I think the problem was, actually, the word "vagina" isn't a dirty word to me.  It's a body part, like an arm or leg or eye or penis.  They're ALL great when they're working parts!!!

2. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like me?????? lol

Paradise 7---LOL

8. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Too much sex, or deeply inappropriate sex, is much more likely to cause mental illness in my opinion. What precisely is a 'lack of sex' anyway? Some people would be happy being taken home once and a while, whilst others are constantly on the look out for sex.

Personally I would rather be somebody who is happy spending time with themselves than somebody who needs to get drunk and find a lay every weekend.

There you go, that's a good answer!  The need isn't for sex so much as it is for meaningful and comfortable human companionship, and if that isn't available, to be happy by oneself.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is precisely what I was trying to convey smile

In fact, I think that you may have hit the nail on the head. It is not the sex which makes people happy in the medium to long term, but the love or positive emotional attachment which can accompany or associate itself with the activity.

Ah, good, thanks Ryan, glad you aren't PO'd at me on account of the Mark Knowles thread...I really do like Mark, by the way and wasn't intended to bash him publicly or anything like that.

1. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No not at all, I am not that fickle. I actually agree with most of it, the only bit that I cannot condone is people getting called out in a forum title.... I have seen a negative thread with 'ryankett' in the title, and it can really unsettle you... because it is effectively an attempt to get people to gang up on the individual. But Mark is a big boy, he can stick up for himself (and I am sure that he will when he stumbles across the thread). smile

9. wytegarillaz profile image60
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

Making love in the morning is a great way to start of the day !! Exercise , love puts a smile on your dial & everyone wonders what you have been up to !
    If you wake up a bit earlier its well worth it ! ( lol too much information ??!)

Couldn't agree with you more, though it's been a LOOOONNNGGG time for me.  I just smile at the memories, now!  (Having a great long dry spell while getting my head together better!  Though just yesterday the plumber propositioned me, I had the good sense to turn him down!)

10. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

Sometimes I think sex, just sex, the actual act itself is overrated due to media hype.  We think about it too much, and maybe THAT'S unhealthy.

11. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

whT? what wer you sed bout being sexy is what?
    smart?  yur brain needs what? is this gonna be on the test?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Get into thy bed...

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

huh? oh dur uh - 'k  roll

now what?

12. kmackey32 profile image64

oh my....

13. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

wait....what? did somebody say sex?

14. Greek One profile image63

love can make you sick... sex, when it is really good, is sick wink

15. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

No of course we don't need it to be mentally fit, but it sure does do a nice job of aleviating stress. It's much more fun than running or yoga or bicycling or cardio, etc.......

16. Greek One profile image63

is masturbation kinda like the mind's way of jogging on the spot?

1. Diane Inside profile image72
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahaha   why not kinda has the same effect.

you mean it ends up damaging the floor after a while?

1. Diane Inside profile image72
          Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It could especially if you don't clean up.smile

17. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Good on you mate! smile

You Know Kiwis Don't Give Up yeah? hmm

Sir Ed and Sherpa Tensing Used to argue like this too... all the way to the top smile

So... Namaste Nepal... A scarf for you Mate smile

hi and namaste and scarf plus yak meat and cheese  to you

18. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Do we need sex to stay mentally fit?  We need sex to stay fit... mentally, physically, and emotionally...  period!

19. profile image0
    Rookie70posted 13 years ago

To be honest, it doesn't matter what you call it, "making love," "sex," both involves intimacy. Sex is sex. The only thing that distinguishes love from sex is the person you're intimate with. Do you really care about that person? And if you are with your wife or husband, I don't believe that even their intimacy is always what it is suppose to be. Sometimes husbands want to have a quickie before time to go to work, and wives likewise. Every kiss doesn't mean "I love you." Sometimes, the kiss simply means, "good-bye, see you when I get back from work." I will say this, to answer the question, yes and no. Yes, you can stay mentally fit, but there will always be a desire in the physical body for intimacy in one way or another. That was God's gift to the married believers becoming one in the flesh, and through marriage. No, you will not stay mentally fit if the celebate lifestyle wasn't your calling. Very few people can be celebate without periodic sexual deeds sometime in their life. Not everyone is called to do that. Look at the Catholic priests (a whole lot of them), and you hear about what they've been doing to boys. It wasn't their calling to be celebate, the same way, it was not meant for mankind to be alone. The woman is the helper. The man is head of the house. The one can't do without the help of the other. So, the answer in my humble opinion is Yes and No.

20. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

For some sex is something that people use to express theirselve's and their love.  For some people, sex is something people do for recreation.

Sex is not a physical need.  It is so pervasive in society and it seems like we should have it.  Many people have gone a long time without sex and they are just fine both physically and mentally.

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree that sex is not a physical need.   The desire for sex is a primal instinct, it is part of our genetic makeup, one of our major survival instincts.  Sex ensures the survival of the human race.

1. Ben Evans profile image65
        Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whether or not it is an instinct is really immaterial (and I am not going to get into that argument)because it is not a need like food or breathing. 

While we yearn to have sex and we want to have it, a person can be mentally fine and happy and in good shape without it.

Society tells us otherwise.

Most people myself included enjoy sex but it is not a need.

21. daniel0365 profile image56
    daniel0365posted 13 years ago

For both men and women it helps muscles. Sex is the best form of exercise, because usually during sex you use all the muscles in your body. Arms, legs, abs, etc.

22. kmackey32 profile image64

I dont know about everyone else but I do!!! I am misserable if i go to long without it... lol

23. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Prostate health is a concern as men age. Sex is good for that, apparently. I'm good with that idea.

which explains the popularity of homosexual doctors

Ha!! Freakin' ha!!!!

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

plus      when it happens you will know

he said so.

25. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V_-iZYIofU

so who cares whether it makes you smart or not!

26. akirchner profile image91
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

I believe that sex is necessary to anyone's healthy mental outlook - but that said, I think things like eating properly, exercising adequately, and taking good care of yourself emotionally and physically are right there at the same level.

Will not having sex make you insane - I doubt it! Although I've never tried going without it - lucky for my husband! I just think that the endorphins released are good for brain stimulation and that is about as technical as I can get on a 'family oriented' site!

27. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

It shore don't hoit!

28. brandon125 profile image60
    brandon125posted 13 years ago

Sex is a very pleasureful experience and is a good thing to have in a relationship.

29. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

I am going to say YES...it sure seems to help.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am going to agree...

1. caroline22 profile image56
        caroline22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

same here also smile
        i think sex is the best part of a relationship!

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

especially when it is creative smile

30. stevenjones05 profile image56
    stevenjones05posted 13 years ago

you are right pal.
    Some people are more active and want that, others are happy just to cuddle every night with their partner.

31. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..poor tiger...i think a lot of it really helped his mental health...got caught...and he's crying!

http://www.courtsidepost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Tiger-Crying1.jpg

Dummy!!!

32. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...he was really happy before...

http://api.ning.com/files/zXU9NTjbK8U5dMOzipQNvAVwtIeZ7oQKDuQZTEd5aXc_/tiger3.jpg

Ahh poor tiger hes very much like me

33. bsscorpio8 profile image60
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

Hey everybody!!! Seek out and watch the Seinfeld episode that deals with,"The Master of My Domain." Check out Costansa!

34. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Great question- enjoyed all the banter!

35. Fluffymetal profile image75
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I love great sex.  I feel much better when i have a healthy lover.  I just like one lover, but not big into commitments.  Is that healthy?

It could get messy.

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
        Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess it works for me, until I find someone who charms me enough to commit emotionally.  I can commit sexually.

It could get messy (not for you of course). The "best" sex could perhaps be the marriage of the physical and the emotional.

1. Fluffymetal profile image75
            Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kudos

2. Cagsil profile image69

Interesting statement Fluffy. wink

That depends on what you want....

36. bsscorpio8 profile image60
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

The funny part about all of this is that you have people who feel completely empty when they are not having sex, and then feel just as empty when the sex is over.

Not true at all, a needy attitude is there weather you have sex or not. That's something in your soul you have to fix. In the mean time, sex for sex sake is great for you and to you.

What is not true? These people could be getting of on the high released by the chemicals secreted during sex. And then you have the sex addicts.

I know people like this; sex is power.

I think sex is the symptom a sex addict has. I dont think it's the real problem. The real reason is in the head, and way over my head to explain.

That is, get off on the chemicals secreted during sex.

37. indian cooking profile image62
    indian cookingposted 13 years ago

No!

straight no

38. brandon125 profile image60
    brandon125posted 13 years ago

yes! lol sex thing is a great exercise! wink

39. Anath profile image63
    Anathposted 13 years ago

I do, I do, I do!

40. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Obviously not because we are at it 7 days a week and I can't remember the way to the bedroom if she is not calling me big_smile

41. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

Sex releases endorphins- Endorphins make people happy- happy people have better mental health---so YES...SEX ROCKS!

Hi Kimmy--how you doing today love?

42. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

does sex keep us mentally fit?

golly!  gosh!  I jus don't even know the answer! Gotta think about it some and maybe you can give me a hint? I think it should be yes - but then what?

what was the queshing?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)