Do you think there is bias here

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (52 posts)
  1. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

I am asking about google adsense, why are we reading about and experiencing so many glitches with adsense while some have it easy. Are Asian countries subjected to different treatment or its just a passing phase. I am told that I have inappropriate  content....what a laugh! I am really curious to know

1. wildorangeflower profile image61
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think when you apply for google adsense using HubPages, you need to be here for at least six months writing well written content and original ones. Your hubs seems alright!

1. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I applied the moment I joined HP, and had my account within days.

1. sofs profile image77
          sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! thats what I am talking about. I am not looking for a shoulder to cry on but just trying to understand this issue

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, if not virtually instantly if I recall correctly. Maybe it took a day. And I had no other internet writing experience to think of, other than an extremely short stint at associated content and lots of hours logged into religious and political forums.

1. sofs profile image77

Yeah I know for sure now!

2. sofs profile image77

I just looked up all answers related to this and quite a few people have said on hubpages that, they have been accepted even before they wrote hubs. I am not sure if the six months that you talk about is universal.
        Thanx wildorangeflower ( colourful name I should say)

1. wildorangeflower profile image61
          wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I think they don't automatically approve applications from Asia, this is due to payment difficulty on their part etc.

Just keep on writing for now and reapply again,

2. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The six month wait policy is an official standard set by Google in some Asian countries and India with the sole aim of weeding out poor quality writers. If you are from one of the affected regions you must have a regualrly updated website/blog for six months for them to asses your writing.

2. SiddSingh profile image61
      SiddSinghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some Asian countries do indeed have different (tougher) criteria for admission into Adsense.

Stay around for a few months, keep writing hubs, and re-apply after some time.

For easier entry into Adsense, you need to have your own domain name (I read this somewhere credible - I cannot provide the relevant link right now).

Having a blog on blogger.com, with decent content may also help (As an alternative to own domain name).

A couple of HP users have also informed that incessant pestering of Adsense has also helped them get an account (it took something like 25 odd mails.)

1. sofs profile image77

some consolation Sidd singh    I will keep working. I dont give up easily
        Thanks! have a great day!

3. Adult Content profile image58
      Adult Contentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If HP and all the related companies and automatic programs think ANYthing in your hub or even in your profile means potential trouble--be it too much work or more importantly (to them) a loss of potential income then YES they will readily be biased to put it nicely.
      Just enjoy yourself and don't expect to make money and you should be just fine.

1. sofs profile image77

Great advice adult content.. There is nothing near to what your name even suggests in my profile or hubs.  Good to hear from you anyway

4. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Google is taking steps they feel necessary to deal with the large amount of spam and fraudulent accounts that are coming from certain regions of the world.  If you happen to live in one of those areas, the best thing you can do is build a web presence that demonstrates quality and good practices, and you'll get approved.

1. sofs profile image77

Thanx  relache Looks like write good and wait it out is the common thread.  Unfair, but practical I guess.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is really good, solid, advice.  I'd take it.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You were told you have inappropriate content. Who said that?

As for Google bias, well it does have a highly restrictive terms of service, so I would have to say, possibly. lol

Other than that, no. smile

1. sofs profile image77

I've been informed by google on mail.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow. hmm

1. sofs profile image77

Cagsil what does that mean ;you  wow the fact that  I have inappropriate content or that  that I am excluded! big_smile big_smile

1. sofs profile image77

Glitches on HP too!!   I am having difficulty staying on line; so post  your thoughts; I will check out when the net is better. Thanks foljks  for the input God bless!

2. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The fact that you were told that. hmm

1. sofs profile image77

Good! Cagsil . I can put a saint to shame with my kind of content!  I was actually waiting to pick a fight with you and there you go spoiling my chances.
              No I am actually the saint.  :r      yikes

3. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Hi Sofs, sorry to hear of your problems.  Listen, whenever I get into a bad glitch I ask the hubpage team.  Maybe they can help?  Or at least offer an explanation.  Good luck.

1. sofs profile image77

Hmmm.. One excellent piece of information. Thank you  Denise Handlon.
      I am listening.. and acting!! God bless you

4. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I seem to understand that your having trouble in getting an account.

If that is so, I would suggest you take another route. This is a sure fire way to getting approved.

Go to docstoc dot com and load up a few pdf files into your account. The more decent and detailed good content the better.

Then apply for adsense through docstoc and follow the process.

Bang, there's your shiny new Adsense account.

1. sofs profile image77

Terrygl I have just been reading some facts about reapplying through other sources, as the ip address, mailing address and phone numbers are all the same you just get thrown out without even a glance sideways.

This is the impression I get,  Thankyou for letting me know, bless your heart.

1. swapna123 profile image60
        swapna123posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just typed a long reply to another question on same lines..
        When i applied for adsense account for my blog, i got a mail from them saying my blog should be atleast 6 months old. I tried again from hubpages and i got a reply saying my hubs contain "Unacceptable site content", whatever that means..So, yeah, irrespective of which source you choose to reapply, google has the same discriminatory rule.. 6 months for Asians sad

1. sofs profile image77

Discrimination Yes !! On the same page now!!
          Can anything be done about it?  share your life experience!! big_smile

1. swapna123 profile image60
            swapna123posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah.. there's one thing that can be done ! WAIT  lol 
            Looking at the brighter side, if we were getting paid, we'll focus more on increasing the number of hubs and seo. While now, we can afford to spend that time on writing nice, well-researched hubs big_smile

1. sofs profile image77

Waiting doesn't sound good, I am looking for action.  Yes I write what I love, so no problems on that front. Just here.... what to do now!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sofs, it's unfortunate that Adsense has decided to make people in certain countries wait to get their account, but there's not a lot we can do about it.

If it's any comfort, most people find their Hubs only make a few dollars in their first six months anyway. If you keep writing Hubs, they will be nice and "mature" by the time you get your account up and running!

In the meantime, have you applied to Amazon?

1. sofs profile image77

That is some  consolation , not really. I was just looking for a  way to work around this in a ' mature' way. Could that be a flaw!!! wink 
                  Oh yes! got the amazon  affiliate id in a jiffy!
                  What irks me is that I am told that I have inappropriate content on my hubs. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
                  Do you think asking HP support would help.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that may just be a standard response and doesn't mean anything.  If HP isn't telling you it's inappropriate, don't worry.

5. puter_dr profile image91
    puter_drposted 13 years ago

Hubpages cannot control how and when Google approves adsense accounts.
    The method using docstoc does work for many who have issues, others find they can create a few quality blogs on blogger.com and then apply and be approved within hours.

Another avenue which may be presented to you, and I would discourage unless you have no other way, there are sites that sell adsense accounts. The problem with those accounts is this, if google catches that you are using an adsense account in a name that is not yours, they will close the account, and they can and will seize any funds accrued in the account. In other words, say the account is issued to John Doe, and then you change the payment details to an account that pays sofs, at your current address that will set off the alarms at google.

If you can get a google account through honest means, then treat it well, and stay within the TOS.

1. sofs profile image77

Thanx  puter_dr
      I think I will wait awhile and reapply after a few more hubs: i don't care to "buy adsense accounts, it just doesn't  sound right!!  I am not one for breaking rules ...Thank you once again for the input.

1. harrist profile image60
        harristposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/how-to-get-and- … free-blogs

read my hubs how to get easy Adsense account  less than 24 hours , for your case sofs , ask in comment how to fix your problems or maybe you should BEG !! in comment section so I can give you real implementation about how to get Adsense Account or maybe you should wait for 6 month just like everyone else of course if you don't like to BEGs ?? times is ticking :-) Enjoy BRO

1. sofs profile image77

What is this..... i have no cue . Why should I BEG ...not my style. What is BEG anyways!!
          Your article actually did not suggest a solution for my problem!!

here some tips if you already get rejected by Adsense teams it mean no matter what how many time trying to get approval by Adsense team you'll not get a chances it mean they already record your email and your url so that's why from now move you a with double ss  and don be lazy do some research by using Google Adword keyword tools,
            writes some article that contain high paying keywords change your email and your url,  if your still not getting approved maybe you just having bad luck tha'ts all :-)

PS. even if you already have Google Adsense account it doesn't mean you'll gonna be rich, so stop asking and move your ass cause if you still asking !! peoples in here will have no clue to answer your question, ok I will give you a keywords type in Google  "blackhat website"  and go to that forum and type in search box Google Adsense then you'll get real answer and real implementation, but  carefully some times they attacking your browser  and steal your CC no lol :-) enjoy !!

Sorry I am forget something My english Suck's lol :-)  even though I already have Google Adsense account :-) it mean Grammar   doesn't mater or effecting your Adsense Judgment for getting approved or not , anyway I am forget to tell you something sof , I am getting approved by Adsense is because I copy paste article from clickbank vendor lest than 48 hour I get Adsense account easily even my first Adsense  already being rejected still I always positive thinking and be creative and not asking arround instead do some unthinkable method I.e copy paste from CLickbank Vendor lol :-)

1. sofs profile image77

Do you write in greek or something... I understood very well  big_smile
                Anyway thanks for whatever you are saying!!

2. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Begging Google to give you an acount is a surefire way to get you rejected, no one likes to be begged for anything.

6. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

wow we live in a complicated world these days eh? nice to have threads like this with true community spirit, and help.  Hope your problem is solved soon.

7. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

You have several choices. One do nothing. Two wait 6 months. 3 do what I said and go through docstoc. Four open a Blogger account and put in a few nice posts - make it look nice - and apply through blogger.

If that fails, which I doubt would happen, then continue on as you are.

1. sofs profile image77

No I checked with people about reapplying from different sites, the address, phone numbers and ip address come into play.. Sensible thing is to wait ,do research and put in some worth while hubs.. I will keep checking other options though! Thanks for being such great help!!

8. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

That sucks SOFS, to know you're being punished for something you didn't do. But I'm sure it's legal.

Keep building up your content and re-trying. I hope they'll resolve the situation for you sooner rather than later.

1. sofs profile image77

Yeah .. I've decided, will keep working, thanks for all the suggestions and help!

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Just to set the record straight on the discriminatory front here, Google did not always implement this rule , it came about because millions of poorly written hubs from Asian countries sprung up with little value, next to no information, and even less correct spelling and grammar.

Google IS an advertising company, their advertisers obviously don't want to be associated with sites such as this.

This wait period is not a slap on Asians or Indians, but a slap on low quality content which was damaging the people who advertise with Google.

The 6 month rule does suck for those Indian and Asian writers who can write English fluently and still have to wait, however it does mean greater profits all around, since it is more likely that you will see more advertisers spending more money!

The important thing to remember, when you get right down to it, is that it takes about 6 months for a site to truely draw in organic traffic anyway.  Just keep building a high quality site, and then there is more chance you will be accepted, and you will instantly start earning cash!

1. sofs profile image77

Thisisoli,
      I understand this very well now, after reading some of the stuff on line. Yeah but being penalized for  no fault not my  mine sounds a little awful, but I think I can't do much here.
      Thank you people for being ever so supportive, you are the best guys in the whole world!!
      I will slowly but surely work my way through!! I never give Up!!

10. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I would be careful about following his advice...

You can apply several times, be rejected, and then be accepted.

However if you are banned from adsense...

I wouldn't get your hopes up for getting back in for teh next few years.

Besides BlackHat SEO only ever carries short term benefits, and a whole load of risk.  I learnt my lesson at a young age, and always urge people to stay on the straight and narrow if they want success with Google!

1. sofs profile image77

Ole,
      This is very valuable advice.  I really appreciate this. Thank you so much!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)