Is "the beast" of revelations the Catholic Church?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Deaconess profile image61
    Deaconessposted 13 years ago

I have heard many theorize about this, and am wondering, how many people share this theory? And why?

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why but I just want to scream out YESSSS!!! when I heard your question. Could it be my higher self claiming this. Hmmm, life is interesting. It always helps to go by our intuition and that gut feeling.

Oh yeah!!

1. profile image0
        ShadowKing!posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A theory is an unproven belief based on assumptions.

No, the beast isn't Catholicism. The Catholic Church is the scarlet whore riding the beast. A person who rides an animal is primarily in control of guiding that animal to and fro. So with simple metaphorical expressions we see that this whore/Church is controlling this beast's directions and action.

Historically, even today, Vatican City, seat of the False Prophet--a Pope, has been influencing the beast since its inception. So how long has the whore been in existence? Around the 2nd Century the papacy began, first under priests and bishops, later under supreme command of a pope. Since then, the papacy/whore has begin controlling a beastly empire. Which empire is this? None other than the Holy Roman consortium of multiple European nations. So the beast is a confederacy of European nations that HAVE BEEN and WILL BE (for 42 months)under the religious control of the Vatican City.

There is historical evidence to prove this. I have no intention of writing a hub about it because there is HORDES of articles and books out there that factually present this info.

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rev 12:3  And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great read dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and  7  crowns upon  HIS HEADS.   (SATAN)

Thou there is a remarkable similarity between this description and the description given in Revelation 13:1
              This beast has seven heads and ten horns UPON HIS HORNS 10 CROWNS   And upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 
             The (Universal church  also called religiosity)

There is a difference between following God and following Religion.

The Dragon described in Chapter 12  gives this power and his seat to this Church and he was soon after, cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years. When he is released after the 1000 years the Dragon, the Beast and False Prophet gather together the kings of the earth to the battle.  Rev. 16:12 & 14
          16:17 ..... It Is DONE ; 
             The Whore that is seen riding upon a scarlet beast (Religiosity)  is   "THAT CITY"    that rules the kings of the earth.

1. profile image56
            exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

tell um bro

What are we doing up ??  I gotta go back to sleep in a few.

I don't think that I interpreted anything in the simply written verses that I posted above ??

1. profile image56
                exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I going now it's almost 2:30, good night

2. Jerami profile image58

Does any one want to look at these verses from  ANY prospectice?

2. profile image0
          Thomas Loscar Srposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The scarlet whore riding upon the beast Is the catholic church and the vatican!!! Little do people realise they have the rest wrong. The beast that controls the kings of this earth originated before the inception of this our United  States of America. Although we view our country as the most powerfull country in the world, it's all just smoke and mirrors!!! The beast spoken of is the world bank controled by the bilderbergers, J.P. Morgan among other's, and by virtue of the fact that the federal reserve was its biggest contribution to itself, (meaning they control the printing of all U.S. monie's, as well as the manipulation of wall street) The United States are the beast upon which the scarlet  whore rideth!!!!  Remember our country was founded on christian belief's and as we are furthest from that basis, meaning seperation of church & state to begin with!!!   We are nearing a time in history unlike any in the whole of the world, and the apocolypse is inevitable!!!!  The world bank (again originated in the united states) are in fact warmongers payrolling both sides no matter the war itself as war is profitable to THEM!!! The world bank is the beast of revelations and are in control of the kings of the earth...the vatican is nothing more than another tool being used to an ubnscrupulous end!!!  We are the new Babylon!!!

2. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don’t know…but the catholic church is a beast.

3. RKHenry profile image65
      RKHenryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wasn't it suppose to be about the Romans and Nero?  I don't know.  But I think I'm right.  That's what they teach us in class. The Catholic Church wasn't even around until 325 ad.

2. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 13 years ago

We don't walk around talking about it, but my husband and I both think there is a high possibility that it is.

Why?  Well there are a lot of "secret abominations" coming out about the Catholic church.  If you look at the history of the church there is a lot of corruption and controversy surrounding the catholic church.

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not important. As He said, follow me and let the dead bury their own...

3. Deaconess profile image61

Church is always talking about how "the beast" is going to rear its ugly head and put down the "allegedly" good religion that is currently in existence... but the prophecies tell us that it is not the good, but rather the bad religion (the abomination that causes desolation) that comes first, after it sends the Jews into exile... and that this bad religion will dominate the world for a very long time... until the beast of it is slain by the sword of truth.

The beast is given 42 months!!   now   how long is that really ????

4. profile image52
    ehudposted 13 years ago

Two questions that go along with Jerami's

1) How long is a Biblical month?
    2) How long is a day in Bible prophecy?

5. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Marcus Knowles would love this thread! Where is that Templar anyway?

6. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Revelations was written BEFORE the Catholic Church.  So there is no theory.

OK  ???

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All prophecy is written BEFORE the event it speaks of.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't aware we were talking prophecies.  I thought this was about a theory.  There is a difference between the two, you do realize this? 

Prophecies are anyones game.  I had a prophecy that you'll drive a car tomorrow.  Which is a logical guess at best.  That is what a prophecy is.  A best guess that something in the future will be as someone sees it to be. 

Theory is something to prove or disprove.

The original post asked about theory.

1. RKHenry profile image65
          RKHenryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good.  Real good.  Love the avatar.  Looking hot as ever.  Off to watch Repo Man.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60

You said "Revelations was written BEFORE the Catholic Church.  So there is no theory."

Revelations IS prophecy.  The theory is ones interpetation or belief of that prophecy.

That is true  but we are not supposed to have a personal interpretation.  2nd Peter 1:20 
              Knowing this first that no prophesy is of any private interpretation.

Unfortunately the Church has been teaching us to do just that.  For about 1650 years.
              And now that is all that there is for us to see; unless we dissect the prophesy to see what it is really made of.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60

Yes, but we do, don't we?  It is either to interpret or believe there is a dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns.  It doesn't say The Catholic church.  That is an interpretation, a very good one.
              Love ya bro

But when we do dissect the prophesy to see what it is really made of.  There is only one institution that has been on the earth long enough to fit the bill.

I agree.

2. Jerami profile image58

I believe that when we are reading prophesy, beginning with Daniel and make every attempt to see beyond interpretations that we were taught from our youth...  The more succusful we become at understand what is actually written.

Then and only thes should we even think that we have any inkling of that is being said, exactly as it was intended .

None of that rallly matters though cause prophesy is almost all been fulfilled..

I believe so too.  We can see the stage being set and all the pieces of the puzzle coming together.  I think it is amazing, watching it all.
                  Time to go.
                  Love ya

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.jabaco.org/board/wcf/images/smilies/thumbsup.png

7. Deaconess profile image61

Did y'all know that archeologists have found a papyrus manuscript of revelations, the oldest copy of the book in existence... and that the "number" of the beast written in it is not 666?

I would  not be a bit surprised. 
      Also in Rev 9:16  two hundred thousand came from the term two hundred Madrid, Madrid. If I am not mistaken Madrid is a Arabic term similar in meaning as a Platoon or Legion.
      (used when speaking of a "Large number")   

Or something kile that

Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here is a pic of the papyrus. Ppl say that they see Chi Iota Stigma (616) However.... see the line above it? That means that it is not a number, but an abbreviation of a commonly used name or phrase. And there are dots above the last two letters, meaning that they belong together separate from the first letter... indicative of it being a phrase of two words. So... what I see is Chi ... Iota Sigma. χ ιϛ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:666.jpg

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why does the beast have a number? That is so retarded. Does he have a shape? a color? Whens his cologne comming out? Jesus.

1. ohmygoodnessrae profile image60
        ohmygoodnessraeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It actually is NOT the number of the beast.
        It's the number of man.

Yes, a number of a man. A nomina sacra. Ppl will have to research it for themselves tho'.

2. ddsurfsca profile image69
        ddsurfscaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you read?  apparently not the subject matter being discussed here, so actually you and your comment sound retarded, Jesus.

1. Nick B profile image80
          Nick Bposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You all do.

You're all trying to decipher something that has been rewritten and reads the way that the Catholic church wanted it to read.

The Church of England along with King James changed a few bits and pieces to suit themselves and here we are. In the meantime, a few other religious offshoots appeared just to confuse matters further and if you look at what's going on, they're all saying they're right--they have the real, true religion.

Each one of them spouts passages from the Bible to suit whatever sermon they happen to be preaching and it all comes down to control.

Whatever you're reading in the Bible has been rewritten from the original manuscripts by monks and the like some eighteen hundred years ago and sadly the originals are all locked safely away because the Roman Catholic Church deems the real text to be too damming of their own history.

They've dug themselves a hole and they're never going to get out of it, whoever thinks they have the measure of truth, they'd best remember, that no-one outside of maybe a select few--if any, actually know the truth.

In point of fact, you're all wrong.

8. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Really fabulous…grown ups quoting cheap mythology as if it was true.

9. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

I hear the Catholic church is endorsing ET? Any comments?

1. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He seems to like the idea...

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/mar2009/8/1/ET_53686645.jpg

10. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I heard about that finding.  Wasn't the number something like 668?  Anyhow, if someone wants to really read a gospel about the end of the world, they should read the Sophia of Jesus Christ and the Gospel of Philip.  Very powerful reading material.

11. temiprice profile image56
    temipriceposted 13 years ago

No. I don't think the catholic church is the beast of Revelation.  The catholic church is part of the christian church, the bride of Christ. God loves the catholic church.

I have never spoken to a catholic who did not share my view that salvation is by grace alone through the sacrifice of Jesus.  Sure, I can find fault with much of what they believe, like praying to saints.  But true catholics don't worship saints - nor does the church encourage them to do so.

If there are errors in the church it is for God to correct them, not me.  Many of the problems in the catholic church that were at the root of the split between Protestants and catholics have been corrected for many years.

I long for the day when we can all acknowledge each other as brothers and sisters.

12. ohmygoodnessrae profile image60
    ohmygoodnessraeposted 13 years ago

I always believed the beast was the antichrist.

13. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I thought it had to do with all the Protestant churches?

14. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

He shall be a World Dectator.This will take place during the timespan of the 2nd of the 7 hidden seals of revelations.
    There are 2 beasts that came ....one from the water,and one from the earth. The one from the water shall rule the dark
    church.The one from the earth shall be a world leader
    of decatorship in connection with the dark church.
    It shall be a time of many "Supernatural Events".

I believe that we are watching the stage being set for the final battle. Armageddon
         This would mean that all of the 7 seals have been opened, six of the trumpets have been sounded and six of the vials have been poured out.

15. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 13 years ago

Why would we believe anything the church says anymore?

Jesus was supposed to have been born on Christmas Day and we know that isn't true. He was also supposed to have returned after 2000 years, so where is he?

Did he take a look at us and say "F*** that for a game of soldiers?" I wouldn't blame him if he did.

I'm sorry but this is just pure silliness.

There is not one shred of evidence that the Bible is anything other than the prequal to the Da Vinci code. It's a story of a man and his effect on others mixed in with some reality to help with believability.

Until the RC church releases the real bible and we get rid of the one that was bastardised for the masses--the one everyone reads today and thinks is the real deal, there's no reason to believe anything that comes out of that corrupt institution or out of that book either.

Did you know that up until 1903, the Roman Catholic church still castrated the choirboys that sang in the Sistine chapel?

Why would the church would go to those lengths and worse, say it was in the name of God?

The bible prophesy are right on.

The problem is that somewhere along the line PRIVATE interpretation burried the truth of the written word.

And the identity of the Beast was hidden in plain sight.

Exactly as it is written that it would be.

What is really messed up is so many ppl recognize that the RC was/is evil... and believe that just because they are part of a Christian group that considers themselves "separate" from RC... but the rest of Christianity isn't much different... the rest of Christianity still follows the same creed... stills follows the same scriptures that the RC corrupted... so is it just the RC or Christianity itself that is the beast or the red whore that rides it?

The following is my heart felt beliefs
            There is a saving grace for Christians.

I believe that The Roman Catholic Church is the beast as described in Rev. 13.

If this is true; Islam would have to be the beast that rose up out of the earth.

I believe that the two witnesses that were given an equal amount of time were sent to these two religious establishments.

What the Devil intends for evil... God works for good.

The Church basically teaches a truth.
          What is corrupted are the prophesies,  cause the truth is in them, hidden in plain sight .
            We have been taught to interpret the truth away. 
            There can not be 1000 different truths!

16. ddsurfsca profile image69
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

No, even tho they have similar qualities, dont confuse the two, the beast is my ex.

17. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

but catholics are largest in numbers..isn't it?

18. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

ShadowKing! wrote:
    A theory is an unproven belief based on assumptions.

No, the beast isn't Catholicism. The Catholic Church is the scarlet whore riding the beast. A person who rides an animal is primarily in control of guiding that animal to and fro. So with simple metaphorical expressions we see that this whore/Church is controlling this beast's directions and action.
    ====================================

Jerami .....  The beast is an organization .. The Scarlet beast that The Whore rides upon is the power of the Dragon that was given to the beast that rose up out of the sea.(Rev 13:2) 
    The whore is THAT City that the beast sits upon.
    =============================================================     

ShadowKing! wrote:
      Historically, even today, Vatican City, seat of the False Prophet--a Pope, has been influencing the beast since its inception. So how long has the whore been in existence? Around the 2nd Century the papacy began, first under priests and bishops, later under supreme command of a pope. Since then, the papacy/whore has begin controlling a beastly empire. Which empire is this? None other than the Holy Roman consortium of multiple European nations. So the beast is a confederacy of European nations that HAVE BEEN and WILL BE (for 42 months)under the religious control of the Vatican City.
    ---------
      Jerami ......     Rome was the seat of power for the dragon (Roman Empire)  Constantine gave his palace in Rome to the Pope in Rome in 326 AD. This is the city that the beast ruled from.
       Forty two months is a prophetic reference that equals approx 1644-1650 years.
    ==============================================================

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)