Why you need Breast Augmentation?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

Oh I don't know... if a girl wants to improve her looks what's wrong with that? Would you complain if a woman wanted a mole removed from her face? If something bothers you and it can be fixed then why not? Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind beingf a little bigger myself! hehe

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I wonder what's wrong with a natural breast size - I mean, how is a smaller breast size so broken to the point it needs to be 'fixed'?

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No there's nothing wrong with small breasts at all, only if they bother you. Every woman has to decide for herself.

Why would a part of my body be a bother to me?

Then again....I wonder when they're going to figure out how to transplant fingernails so I can have the beautiful oval shape like most everyone else has?   Gimme a break!  Sounds like jealousy to me - accept yourself for who you are otherwise you'll still not be happy even with a larger breast size.

1. maolaun profile image59
            maolaunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Rafini and I personally don't have large breasts. That's why they make push-up and padded bras! I think removing a mole is a little different than actually implanting silicon into your body. If it makes you happy I can't say that you're bad for doing it. But, the health risks are just so completely unnecessary. I would avoid any unnecessary damage to my body at all costs. I've seen too many horror stories. I would also consider those silicon inserts that you can put in your bra if you want to pump up your chest and save your money and preserve your health.

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The biggest underlying problem is acceptance of self. wink

2. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

It depends on the reasons for doing so.  People see your face first, so anything one might consider 'unsightly' could make you self-conscious. 

Breasts, however are mostly unseen, unless you're a bold exhibitionist.  A woman who feels her perfectly adequate appearance is somehow lacking, needs a shift in mental attitude..you need to feel confident in your own skin.

I really can't see how anyone is going to love you more, or find you more attractive, simply because your breasts are of some arbitrary size and shape as imagined by media images.  The attraction is entirely superficial.

3. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

That goes for the whole body.  I agree with Timorous and Rafini.

If you aren't comfortable in  your own skin, then the pursuit of creating a "perfect you" in your fantasy image will never end.  There are many horror stories of plastic surgery -- starts with a nip and tuck, a larger breast size and before you know it, the whole body has been redone. 

I just hope these people remember to stay away from the fire and hot heat......  lol

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Hmmmm, I know of a couple of people, that could do with a personality augmentation lol

5. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I don't know that I can say I would ever NEED a breast augmentation, but I suppose if I did have it done, showering would be more fun.

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

*spits water on screen* What ?

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Because mine are too big sad

1. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They can fix that ... in fact, I know as many people who have had reductions as I do who have had enhancements.

8. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

The thing that worries me is that these desires, that seem innocuous ("what's wrong?") reflected an inability to accept ourselves as we are, with merits and defects ...but,then ... who are told that a small breast is a defect ?

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No it isn't about self acceptance at all, it's about improving yourself because you want to.

Look we put on lip stick, eyeliner, and makeup. We polish our nails and get manicures and pedicures. We exercise and diet, shave our legs and under our arms. All of these are modifications or enhancements to our natural self. Breast augmentation is no different, except that it requires a doctor and some money to perform it.

Who's to say a larger breast size is an improvement?  I certainly don't think so!!  Nah, I'm okay with what I've got, I don't need 'em any bigger than they already are!!

9. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Oh really lady_love158...it's totally about self-acceptance.  If you are able to accept the way you look, you wouldn't even consider such drastic measures.

Most of the other "enhancements" are more about personal care and hygeine, and easily undone (even shaving and diet, naturally smile)

Breast augmentation is fairly permanent...it's not meant to be a product  that you 'put on' whenever you like, and take off when you're tired of it.  Your skin is a living, breathing entity, and should be cared for and not tampered with.

Get real...

1. MelonTops profile image57
      MelonTopsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with timorous, its our perception of beauty that needs to change not our bodies!

10. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

well if a woman wants to have silicons..it is her choice..personally i like naturals and would prefer girl with natural ones ,no matter how small or big they are...

1. breastcream profile image62
      breastcreamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I just wrote my first hub, I think it applies pretty well to your question.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Natural-Breast- … ment-Cream

Its always better to stick with natural alternatives and only try surgery if you don't get the results you want by natural means.

Lots of women end up having their implants removed after only a couple of years and are still paying them off!

2. breastcream profile image62
      breastcreamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry, was trying to respond to the OP smile

11. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

hmmm all i can think of is I'd get my teeth whitened and eye laser surgery ..........
    I don't need implants.....................................................................................but I think it's one's personal choice.  Just like we accept people for other things.

1. jdunbar profile image60
      jdunbarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe no one has stated this.  I had breast augmentation done after I had my kids.  I hate to be so blunt but after the changes in my breasts from pregnancy to breastfeeding they looked like deflated ballons! I was so self concious of them since they used to be oh so pretty!  Believe me, even push up bras couldn't push up mush!  So I chose a small C in size.  I can finally fill in my bras and feel like a lady when wearing shirts.  Now.. this was my choice and I am not saying that I shouldn't just "accept" myself the way I am.  Blah blah blah!!  I did it and am very happy with the results!

12. HubArticles profile image60
    HubArticlesposted 13 years ago

I agree that if you are not comfortable with yourself, no matter how much surgery you get, you will still feel that way. Being honest with yourself and working towards realizing who you are deep down is the best way to improve how you feel.  I do believe that some people genuinely do feel better after having surgery however, so to each their own I suppose.

13. johncimble profile image51
    johncimbleposted 13 years ago

It is definitely up to the woman, but they should really need it. I am working for a plastic surgery clinic now as the webmaster and i've seen all the before/after pics, some a great don't get me wrong... But some girls really didn't need the procedure.

Some girls who had the procedure pretty much had no breasts, so I could imagine how that would be affecting their confidence.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)