how to increase my hubber/author score?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (39 posts)
  1. PierrePierre profile image59
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

There is someting that stuck for me. My hubber/author score is still much poor. How to increase the author score? Do you have some useful tips?
    Thanks!

1. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Write original content. Of the hubs I looked at, a good portion of the content is taken from several different websites. No matter what else you do, your scores will not increase dramatically until you get that issue resolved.

PierrePierreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Ironer. I know that the originality of one article is quite important. I will revise my hubs.

2. David 470 profile image81
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Writing quality and quantity content, Also being active in the forums,comments,answers sections. Your score will change a little bit though. It will vary sometimes, but will always have some type of average.

Hubs should at least be 500 words.

1. sanfayedr profile image40
        sanfayedrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would this be true if you are doing a pictorial 'how to' hub?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, assuming that there will be some explanatory text, and the photos are also original-- or you have the right to use them.

...and I don't really know how I raise my score. Quality helps, but I think quantity (number of hubs) and duration (how long you have been here) helps as much as anything.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have zero featured hubs.  That would seem to be an obvious thing to improve on.

4. cheaptrick profile image76
      cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry to much about author score, it's an ego thing. My views have steadily gone up as my author score goes down down down. My traffic is 90% percent outside HP which is a good thing...so I guess they're coming in under the radar so to speak....I call it 'Stealth Hubbing' HA!

5. misslong123 profile image84
      misslong123posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have taken some time off writing just to STUDY hubpages and the experts. I have tried to lay out my notes by topic, so I can share with you what I've learned. Now, this doesn't mean it's right or that it works, but it is what experts have said in their tutorial hubs, so in my opinion, it is worth consideration!

Hubscore Depends On:
      -The amount of traffic you get (there are dozens of hubs on increasing traffic too)
      -The quality of traffic you get
      -You rep as a hubber (by this, they mean, comments - insightful and useful - on others' hubs, questions, answers, and forum replies - the recommendation I've found is 3 of each a day)
      -The amount of comments/response you get from other hubbers
      -The originality of your content
      -Then I have a section on scoring your hubs and tweaking them....
      -Reading others' work; commenting and sharing it with the Social Media
      -Writing and Publishing Hubs
      -Joining in Forums
      -Focus on finding a niche and show your knowledge through interesting and informative Hub articles
      Note: When to leave a comment:
      -enjoyed it
      -can express your opinion and offer praise for their hard work
      -vote up
      -Share hub with followers, FB, Twitter, Digg, Pinterest, Reddit, Redgage, and Stumble Upon

I am still not familiar or do all of this yet, because I'm learning, but that was in my notes and I thought it might help you. ~Michele

1. Saiful Islam Akash profile image66
        Saiful Islam Akashposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent, very informative. Thank you for sharing information with us.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

There are a lot of Hub authors who've written Hubs on how to improve your score.  HubPages also has resources for this.  The only trick is you have to read the material.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Boosting-HubScores
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc
    http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

PierrePierreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you relache! helpful hub!
      Many factors on affecting hubscore are listed. I think i'd better improve my hubs right now.

1. 1337guy profile image40
        1337guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I imagine your user score has increased as your authorscore is now a 79 which doesn't seem too bad (I need to increase mine , sadly) but have found this thread helpful.

3. Cemil profile image60
    Cemilposted 13 years ago

This is something that I was looking for as well.

I have read so many other hubs from high score Hubbers and always try to incorporate what they do to succeed into my own hubs.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Reading and commenting on other hubs is the #1 generator for increasing authorscore/hubberscore.

I know my score goes up when I read a lot of hubs and leave comments. Rating hubs has an effect, as well as, people rating your own content.

Quality of content is KING over quantity of hubs. Increasing your quantity of hubs has some effect, but only if it's quality content. smile

5. AnaStevens profile image60
    AnaStevensposted 13 years ago

Thanks for all you input on this. I have found out that reading, reading, reading...studying the material to learn how to improve is key. I am really enjoying being part of Hub Pages!

6. PierrePierre profile image59
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

There are many hubs that write about tips and ideas to improve hubs & hubsore and get traffic. I find them very useful. So if one want to improve hubs, read other's related hubs first may be helpful.

Until now, my score is 70+ on average. And there are several things I do in last 2 weeks.
    Write original content and hot topic
    Delete or revise copied contents
    Reset hub tags
    Actively take part in forum
    Reading and commenting other's hubs

My hubber score is not as high as other's, but I no longer worry about it and focus on writing quality content.

1. Peter Owen profile image61
      Peter Owenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right.

7. lex123 profile image81
    lex123posted 13 years ago

For many days I'm stuck with 90s (between 90 and 96). I think these are helpful in improving hub score -

1. Write good and useful hubs.
    2. Take part in forum almost frequently.
    3. Answer as many questions as possible on a regular basis.
    4. Get more views to your hubs by proper keywords in the tags.
    5. Visit others hubs and comment on them. They may or may not visit your hub, but we should continue doing it.

1. dollyfrances77 profile image60
      dollyfrances77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the wonderful insights guys. it's really helpful especially for those who are new to hub pages like me

2. Saiful Islam Akash profile image66
      Saiful Islam Akashposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Very helpful information. Thank you.

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It isn't. It's seven years out of date smile The only one you have to adhere to is the first: write good and useful articles.

8. Sunny Robinson profile image71
    Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years ago

I'm always at 80 - 90.  I threw in 3 hubs in one day (over 1000 words each, hopefully quality content), as well as commenting on hubs and following other hubbers.  Some participation in the forum recently, too.  This all happened yesterday, and somehow I shot up to 100 for the second time today.

I really think it's all in the appreciation of Hubpages... just delving into the whole community and being a quality Hubber seems to be what it's all about.

9. LSKing profile image68
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

All of the advice here is great. I would like to add one thing. Take time and link to other hubs ( yours and others ). Do this in your content as well as using the link module. Above all else, like everyone else said, quality original content, Photos, videos, news feeds, and staying active in the community. I've been here for 8 weeks and I would love to see a hubscore of 100, so I'm still researching.

Best Wishes
    LSKing

1. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This was a topic of mine the last week and a half and I came to the conclusion that I no longer care and nothing you do in any way thinking you will get it to go up will make any difference. Just keep writing more hubs and let it take care of itself as it will drive you mad trying to make heads or tails of why and how it fluctuates so often even though you seem to be doing everything they say to do.

2. m4rtinroche profile image59
      m4rtinrocheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to reply to an old post but what are the advantages of having a high author rating

Nothing but ego I think.
        But then maybe there are people who will seek out highly rated authors so you might get some more  pageviews. But then there are a lot of high rated authors.
        So I come back to just ego.

1. m4rtinroche profile image59
          m4rtinrocheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the reply peter. I thought as much.

but don't try to increase it by following a bunch of people

10. BlueGlobal profile image60
    BlueGlobalposted 12 years ago

I think with any community, online or offline, but especially with HubPages, the key to doing well is participation. Likely, it's not a scientific formula where you answer x amount of questions and write x amount of hubs. It's about showing you are contributing to the community in a positive way and you are rewarded with points. Instead of being concerned with our point totals, we should really focus on the goal of making Hubpages a great, informative website. Then the points will come naturally.

agreed.

11. gpishev profile image59
    gpishevposted 10 years ago

Helpful answers. I was wondering the same when I found this thread. I guess activity and quality are the two more important things, considering score.

12. tw6852 profile image58
    tw6852posted 10 years ago

Diddo everything said here.  I took a few months off in the summer, and have just come back to find my hub account has a low score.  Just being active and writing new content all the time helps a lot.

13. AvineshP profile image61
    AvineshPposted 10 years ago

All you need is to stay active on forums, answers and most importantly keep posting hubs. It is important that your hub is authentic and the content is useful for the readers. It should be informative and should be over 500 words.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)