The Rudest Comment You Got?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Sunny Robinson profile image70
    Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years ago

I just encountered my first ever rude comment on one of my hubs.  And it 's a hub that's deeply personal to me.  However, the main portion of the comment was targeted to my other commenters/readers, which just as well riles me up.

I wrote a reply that I hoped was sincere and nice, while letting him know that his comment was absolutely unnecessary.  Perhaps, in hindsight, it shouldn't have bothered me.  I figure it's inevitable, but for some reason, I still got surprised by it because hubpages is totally a nice community, even with off-site readers.

So, my question to you all.  What is the rudest comment you've ever received on your own hubs? Or do you get them frequently?

1. profile image53
      MSAIRIposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The rudest I have got is telliing or trying to talk to somebody and they reply 'whatever and its somebody you really care about

Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This happened on your hubs?

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I have been told, my writing is nothing but that of a feeble-minded person. I must be confused, a person with no self-esteem and an idiot.

Oh yeaaah I'm looking at your profile right now.  You look so feeble-minded! I agree.

Not. big_smile

Love your bio.

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL I had several derogatory hubs written about me, two of them are still online big_smile

As for your comment - I think you are overreacting, the guy seemed to actually try to protect your hub from unrelated links to some sexy profile, and just did generalize more than needed I think. smile

I was thinking perhaps I did.  However, I didn't see unrelated links to some sexy profiles.  Most of the commenters on there, I actually know them.  So, that's what got me a little confused and feeling a bit defensive.  But then again, people's opinions are their own and I did make my writing public.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sexylady it is, a couple of comments above smile she even logged out and manually entered the link to her "hot" list instead of a standard profile link. I bet this was what michael meant. smile

Oh shoot.  I didn't even notice.  But her comment seemed so nice.

I may have to apologize to Michael.  Sigh.  But did he have to refer to ALL of the commenters in broad general terms?

4. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

I don't get them often, but when I do, I always try and be as gracious as possible.  When someone's obviously attacking you and you respond kindly, it really does make them look like an idiot.

Yeah, but perhaps in this case I may have made myself look like an idiot.  Not sure yet.

1. Misha profile image62

Nah, you still look like a beautiful girl smile

Aw, thanks. smile

5. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Just stay focused, delete the bad comments, forget about them and remember this...

Other peoples opinions of you are none of your business.

That's my philosphy anyway just saying.

We all get em...   big_smile

6. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

'I love your hubs' *ummmmm*

LOL! That's so not a rude comment.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well... when you see my avatar close up, you can see what he meant...hehehe

Ohmigosh, shaz.  I went to look at your pic a little better and I got sidetracked by how COMPREHENSIVE your bio page is! And not only that, you have solid writing behind you.  Wow.  I feel a little overwhelmed right now... lol.

1. profile image0

Are... but do you love my hubs?  on second thoughts... dont answer that... I get too many females spamming me with emails saying ... 'hello darling, I saw your hubs and want to get it on with you' blah blah and although I am no homophobic, Im just not into girls! lol

ROFL let's say I love your writings! big_smile

On a second thought, that smiley face made that statement look dirty.  Hm.

7. wychic profile image83
    wychicposted 13 years ago

I was told that I have a s**tty writing style and that I just couldn't recognize talent when I saw it. It was a comment someone left on a review I wrote for a really horrible book...from their reply, I'd just about guess the commenter was the author.

That's terrible.  If they didn't like your writing, they should have just moved on to reading something they DID like.  Jeez.

1. wychic profile image83
        wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hehehe...I just told them a little more detail might be a little more constructive so that I could be sure to do better in the future, and obviously a bad writing style is what sells since I make a pretty decent living off of it tongue.

One thing I've learned in life...a smile, agreement in everything, and feigned confusion about where people are coming from when they're just being a dumba*s will get you just about anywhere. Very few people ever realize I'm intentionally insulting them if I look cute enough wink.

wychic, you sound sneaky!

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

so far not one nasty or derogatory comment!  I think I need to get a little more controversial!  The closest I've come is the Stuff and Things hub which suggests reduction of personal belongings - and that we are attached to stuff because of fear - some people hate to think that might be so -but they were not nasty or mean to me about it.

hmmmmmm. . . maybe getting some bad comments just means that you are really reaching people!  if you're really outspoken, people probably think you can take some criticism and treat you the way you treat others?  in the forums whenever I've been caustic I've gotten it right back, and wouldn't expect otherwise!  Sometimes when I'm critical I do get attacked, but I should know better than to criticize people who are sensitive and irritable and don't like me much anyhow!  smile

Aha.  Love your attitude!  I need to be more like that.  I may just really be a total noob here.

9. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

'Pathetic loser', 'Worst thing I've ever read', etc. etc.  There's been so many. big_smile

Personally, if they disliked it (me) that much, I'm just happy that I was able to make their day that little bit worse, which hopefully started a chain-reaction of bad events, that culminated in them coming home from work and finding their wife/husband/partner in bed with their next-door neighbor.

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

the golden rule - in reverse!

2. Sunny Robinson profile image70

And this attitude rocks, too.  Lol.  What's wrong with that?

10. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

This is my favorite rude comment - i liked it so much, I kept it posted.

Its from a "Hubpages sucks" hub that attracted lots of irate emails too!

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'@sunforged Read my article on "8 Ways to Get a Hard, Plump, Fat, Long, Throbbing, Veiny, Huge, Squirming Foot Thrusted into Your Ass".

That is a classic. lol

LOL oh gross.  I had a really creative visual up until the foot and now I wish I didn't have that visual.  Once it is visualized, it cannot be unvisualized! Or can it? Hmm...

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
          Mrvoodooposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Damn, now I'm visualizing it too.

There'll be nightmares this evening. big_smile

2. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no - its there forever

Thanks, guys.  So helpful.  Really.

1. profile image0
              DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe think about....ummm...nevermind, all can I come up with is throbbing. Ill try again later.  big_smile

2. Sunny Robinson profile image70

Did you put in the 'rude comment' orrrr did I miss something?

Darn you, I'm looking through your hubs to find that Hubpages Sucks hub.

1. sunforged profile image70

I believe 5 out of 10 of the first page results for the term lead to the hub.

LOL.  Sunforged, did you start a movement or something?

Wait, I see it on the FIRST page of the search.  (Why didn't I think to just search the title?)

The Hubpages Scam, right?

11. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Here's an excerpt from my rudest, (and also without doubt, funniest) comment - enjoy lol

"Stated another way, your present opinion indicates your intellectual capacity is among the bottom 10% of human society. Your mind belongs to those "less favored races" whose existence is an unnecessary burden to the more advanced and intelligent humans on this planet (the "more favored races"); therefore, you are an evolutionary mistake and are no longer beneficial to the furtherance of the human species and ought to be terminated immediately due to your consuming resources more intelligent or "favored races" could be using."

LOL!!!

Oh wow.

2. wychic profile image83
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aw, why can't my rude commenters be that articulate and creative? *sigh*

3. profile image0

wow!!!! How do people get so worked up like that?

1. Susana S profile image94
        Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Writing a hub on anything religion related will do it!

1. profile image0

ohhhhhhh, yup. I can see that. Im glad you found it funny.  smile

2. Misha profile image62

Unix and Windows, AMD and Intel, Harley and Yamaha, liberals and conservatives... just about anything can be a religion. Take a look at Hal Licino, I bet he collects the rudest crop, may be second to Mark Knowles smile

Hal is equally rude and rather lax on fact checking - he deserves what he gets.

1. Misha profile image62

LOL I did not say he does not deserve it, did I? Love him though, he is fun wink

i do love reading the comments - ill give him that smile

2. Susana S profile image94
            Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, Mark gets some great ones, but I haven't checked out Hal's comments - I guess his Qoran burning hub has some goodies, lol lol

4. profile image0

omg - lmfao!!!  Get him on hubpages..... quick! lol

12. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

It's quite something huh?!

13. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Rude doesn't bother me as much as comments that clearly indicate they did nothing but read the title, guess at the content, and jump down to leave an irrelevant comment.

Weeeell, that's particularly rude, actually. tongue

14. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

I wish people would hold back their comments if they want to sound rude.What do they gain from that?

Backlink for them? I have no idea.

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

In 2 years I have not had any nasty comments. Wanna be first? smile

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure someone would be happy to go put a "whatever" on one of your Hubs.  "Whatever" seems to be common comment, as far as I've seen.   lol  I've had a few "whatevers" (but it could be worse).

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do have 3 times as many hubs as me Lisa. It may be coming when I get more hubs/worse odds. smile

16. myleadsystempro profile image53
    myleadsystemproposted 13 years ago

No I never got any rude comments from anyone.

17. profile image53
    MSAIRIposted 13 years ago

Lisa like?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)