Accolades on your profile page!

Jump to Last Post 101-146 of 146 discussions (211 posts)
  1. cupid51 profile image68
    cupid51posted 13 years ago

Fantastic idea, it has given the profile page a new and gorgeous look! thanks to the Hub pages Team! smile smile smile

2. MakeMoneyGoal profile image68
    MakeMoneyGoalposted 13 years ago

I just got my first 10 accolade and only in 3 days. Whey hey!!!

3. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Great innovation Hubpages team.  Thanks.  I LOVE the accolades!

4. Mystique1957 profile image67
    Mystique1957posted 13 years ago

This is indeed a wondrous improvement! Apart from detailing your feedback, it encourages you to write better and more interesting hubs!
    I have a proposal for EVERY HUBBER, no exceptions! We should go back to hubs we´ve already commented on and click on the new details feedback. Everyone will benefit from it, and we´ll be helping each and everyone of us. Do not procrastinate! let´s do it NOW, Brothers and Sisters!

Warmest regards and infinite heavenly blessings to every one!

I LOVE YOU ALL,
    Al

1. H.C Porter profile image80
      H.C Porterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am getting ready to do just that!

I think that this is a wonderful addition to the hubs and to our profiles-it sums up some of our accomplishments here up and lets readers know what they are getting from each of the writers...As well as, I have some followers that may not write as much as others-but they are great motivation for me to write with all the comments that they leave/ it is fantastic that on their profile there can now be something that says what a great motivator they are.

2. Mike Lickteig profile image76
      Mike Lickteigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a nice idea, I will go back to hubs I've commented on as well.

5. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

What a great way to give recognition. I also love the other items you placed beside the rating up or down bar. useful, funny, awesome, beautiful...another form of appreciation for content and the effort put forward by a hubber.

6. profile image0
    sonu417posted 13 years ago

excellent feature..just loved it...

7. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I was only gone for 2 days - to complete classes & finals - and I come back to find...Changes!!  I like this new accolade feature!  big_smile  Now I want to collect them all!  lol

Thanks HubPages team, these are super additions. smile

8. JerseyGirl profile image60
    JerseyGirlposted 13 years ago

This feature is totally awesome!  Love it.  Thanks for making HubPages the best.

9. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Did i just jump from 18 months to 2 years

<-----------------  As a result of the accolades? Im pretty sure I was at 18 months a few hours ago.

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

<------------- ???

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what mine did too Sunforged.  They evidently don't track the months after 18.  I now show 2 yrs.  It'll be 2 yrs for me on October 5th.

10. fastfreta profile image73
    fastfretaposted 13 years ago

I've been away two days and I am just now able to get on the Internet, and I find this new feature.  I am so excited.  I'll have to go over and study it to get the hang of it.  Someone said a few days ago that they thought something new was about to happen here and they were right.  I LOVE IT!  Well, what I've seen of it so far.  Being away from the "Pages" for two days was like going cold turkey.  Anyway guys, Thanks for the new features, can't wait to get familiar with it.

11. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

You guys really know how to make addicts out of everybody. wink thanks for the accolades it was a nice surprise.

12. maggs224 profile image79
    maggs224posted 13 years ago

I love all the new features, I think that it is wonderful that you can see your milestones and other peoples by just clicking on the accolades on peoples profile page

13. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 13 years ago

I also think the accolade feature is brilliant. But can they add a feature showing the user/hubber (and only him/her) the hubs that were voted down to give him/her at least an idea of what she "did or doing wrong"? It would be better for everyone to have a feel of what is liked and disliked by their readers cool

14. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I like those new features , they are good for my self esteem. I got a badge for most forgettable writer. I thought that was pretty cool and it has inspired me to greater levels of mediocrity ! smile

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more brother! Look, we even have the same hubberscore! cool

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess we have come a long way ! smile

1. Cris A profile image59
          Cris Aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The road is long,,,
          with many a-winding turn...

Yikes! cool

15. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 13 years ago

....and ups and downs?? big_smile
    we are talking about the Hub Highway, aren't we?

@Tony - mediocrity? no way smile

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shalini good call on that one my friend !

16. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I just noticed mine; i feel so appreciated! thanks big_smile

17. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 13 years ago

WeddingConsultant gives it two thumbs up wink

18. profile image0
    LEWJposted 13 years ago

THANKS TO THE HUBPAGES STAFF FOR  ENCOURAGING NEW FEATURES.

19. febriedethan profile image80
    febriedethanposted 13 years ago

I just noticed my accolades, wow..I love it, thank you smile

20. The Loan Arranger profile image60
    The Loan Arrangerposted 13 years ago

Great Stuff. Certainly adds incentive.  Well done.

21. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

There are few glitches with system like if you've not answered 10 questions or so you'll get that accolade anyway. so such small things needs to be fixed.

22. profile image0
    RandomSh!tposted 13 years ago

Sweet,...I get to earn medals !!! smile

23. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

Without going into all our hubs to check, how can we tell which hubs are getting the feedback (awesome, beautiful, etc.)?

I'm assuming we CAN see whether someone's called it useful or awesome or whatever on the individual hub page...is that true?

1. Lensflare profile image63
      Lensflareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there is an option to see which is getting them all at once. Yup, you can see what people thought on the individual hub,

24. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Are we able to also hide our hubtivity on our profile pages at all?

If hubpages could answer, cool, if not, I will write directly

thank you

25. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I am curious why accolades keep appearing and disappearing? If anyone has an answer for that too, it would be nice.

Not required, but nice. smile

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, mine too actually.

26. profile image0
    eternaltreasuresposted 13 years ago

i like the accolades, it gives me inspiration!

27. Weight Training profile image58
    Weight Trainingposted 13 years ago

I just noticed this and think it is a great idea and keeps you motivated to really hang in there!

28. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

Thanks, my husband thought I was the only one who got them lol People reading it think its something, thank you people!

29. strutzas profile image59
    strutzasposted 13 years ago

Excellent job, I really liked it very useful for the new hubbers! thanks.

30. Simple Tim profile image58
    Simple Timposted 13 years ago

Love the cool new icons in the fan box..now we can see just which fans are most loyal:)Theres a tiny star icon next to those who rated you or a thumbs up for great hubs I assume...still all good the new hub layout is awesome!

31. jondav profile image69
    jondavposted 13 years ago

Its a nice feature, but i think it would also be good to be able to see my progress towards each award. Unless of course i just dont know how to!

1. Simple Tim profile image58
      Simple Timposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great idea! jondav..I for one would like to know what are the criteria for awarding accolades. Ok..some of them are self explanatory like published 100 hubs or gaining 100 fans but what about comments and participation in hub community. Just how many 'valuable comments ' does one have to contribute before receiving the cool new accolade?..Knowing this vital information  could help encourage hubbers to achieve more accolades hence produce more hubs..more comments..more activity..more traffic... for hubpages and its hubbers.

32. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

The Accolades have been a motivation and it has helped me be more active in the forums, which is a area I have been working on to do more.

33. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I wonder, are there any secret accolades to reach or aspire to?

34. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I am still wondering why I have one accolade that keeps disappearing and reappearing. lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they are not real sure about it. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Rochelle, I find your remark interesting and way, way, way out there in the darkness. lol

1. lorlie6 profile image72
          lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rochelle and Cagsil, you two-how funny! smilesmile That IS weird, Cags, might want to email the team to see what's going on.

35. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Is it still working?

36. Mangkuk365 profile image61
    Mangkuk365posted 13 years ago

that's cool. i'm loving it

1. A_K profile image72
      A_Kposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quite motivating indeed. It will keep me on my toes now.

37. Anne Pettit profile image64
    Anne Pettitposted 13 years ago

The accolades are great!  The accolades give me positive feedback and milestones to work toward.  How does hubpages know that a hub is read completely by a reader?

38. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Accolades while warm and fuzzy are an artificial and inaccurate measure of quality.  All it takes is a push of a button, rather than a true analysis of one's work.

39. profile image57
    Siew Chengposted 13 years ago

I am two months late in checking.  Glad to see the total page veiws exceed 10k.

40. HoopBot profile image60
    HoopBotposted 13 years ago

I really love the accolades feature, haven't got any yet though!

41. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 13 years ago

Accolades is great feature on profile page and it makes profile page beautiful and tells about the activity of author.Good way of appraising authors.

42. ross670daw profile image59
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

A great feature, I have two accolades that now show up on my profile and it has encouraged me to participate, and apply myself more, aim for more, I am determined to add to this list. Good idea guys, thanks.

43. Joyful Pamela profile image79
    Joyful Pamelaposted 13 years ago

That sounds like a great idea! As a new hubber, I was wondering what those were. smile

44. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

How often to accolades get updated? I hit a significant milestone early yesterday, and I don't see it in accolades (which I don't enable for general view), and I don't see it as an item in Hubtivity either, although it should be.

45. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Accolades are a great feature of hubapges. It is a kind of motivation to keep going and achieving one milestone after another here at Hubpages.

46. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

I love the accolades here on HubPages. It definitely keeps me working harder. It would be cool to see more accolades, though. I'll definitely think about ideas for different accolades. I know a similar site just introduced something similar except they have members "level up." I really like the leveling up feature, although I don't really care for the other site too much... I <3 HubPages. One thing I don't like about the feature, though, is that you unlock different topics you can write about when you level up. I love writing about travel and it would be boring if I had to write X amount of hubs before I hit like level 53 or whatever it is so that I could write about travel!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)