Accolades on your profile page!

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 146 discussions (211 posts)
  1. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 13 years ago

Yep I like it too!

2. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 13 years ago

Just checked out the new feature, "Accolades" in my profile page. Didn't even notice it at first until I jumped into this forum.  Love it. Makes me feel proud of my small achievement and feel a lot guilty for being away for a while. Many thanks HP!

3. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Neat features, all of them! I love the collage of followers that you see on the right, plus the option to display accolades or not (should please everyone). Overall, our home page looks quite good. Thank you HP team - Brilliant work!

4. nasus loops profile image65
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

I saw these on a profile earlier and wondered where they had come from.  Thanks for this great new feature people.

5. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 13 years ago

I've been patting myself on the back all day! smile

6. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 13 years ago

I really like all the new features you have added. Thanks HP for all your continuing efforts.

7. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 13 years ago

Just seen it, it's brilliant. Thank-you very much. smile

8. jaymz profile image78
    jaymzposted 13 years ago

Can we not use the Useful, Funny, Awesome, Beautiful feedback? Like is there a way to hide that so it can't be seen by anyone. It's silly. What is it's voted Useful and it's supposed to be Funny?

Why not just have "Did you find this page helpful?" Like most websites have?

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can hide the summary of your Hub feedback on your profile by editing the settings on your profile. However, you cannot hide the useful/funny/awesome/beautiful buttons on your Hubs.

I think that the thumbs up and thumbs down buttons serve the same purpose as "Did you find this page helpful?" We think that useful/funny/awesome/beautiful are a fun and interesting addition to thumbs up and thumbs down.

1. jaymz profile image78
        jaymzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But we can't  see whether or not people found the hub useful, so what good is it to us to have the thumbs up/down if we can't see the results? We can see if someone finds a serious hub funny, but not if someone finds it useful.

i still find this feature unnecessary.

is there a way to option out of it being on the hubs, not just on the profile?

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
          Jason Menayanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Useful" is one of the 4 descriptors that visitors can select, and that you'll see the numbers for.

1. jaymz profile image78
            jaymzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but the thumbs up and down also tell whether or not the hub is 'useful' or not. Why have both? Why have one we can't even see results on? Is it just for hubpages benefit? How is the thumbs up/down supposed to benefit if we can't see. It's just redundant to have both.

I guess I'm just not a fan of the feature. Why would someone think something serious is funny, or something funny beautiful? Useful or not, is probably the best way to rate a page; that seems to be the universal rating on nearly every article site I've seen. Even Google implements in on their FAQ pages- did this answer your question yes/no? There's not a was the answer awesome option?

Guess I'm just old school, so to speak.

9. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Jaymz, just curious if you are that insecure about yourself or your work? If someone rates your stuff useful, but it was suppose to be funny, Does that not tell you something is wrong?

What difference does it matter if it is displayed where people can see it? Then again, what you see versus what other people see on your hubs is not always the same(i.e., IP addresses are only shown to you and not others).

But, that's just my thoughts. smile Not my intention to offend, just learn. wink

10. Cagsil profile image69

And, on another note... "Did you find this page helpful?" Like most websites have? Would the be MAIN reason for not doing it, like everyone else.

Why be the same?? Is unique or different always better? Makes one stand out, instead of being lost in the mix. Again, just my thoughts. smile

11. Simple Tim profile image56
    Simple Timposted 13 years ago

Awsome feature! I love it..easy way to keep track of hub record!

12. liswilliams profile image41
    liswilliamsposted 13 years ago

now that was a nice suprise! Keeps getting better, hey

13. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

This is nice, Now I can see what I have done instead of just writing and writing hehe,

Thank you,

14. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

This is a nice addition. I like the attention to our experience as writers on this site. I will be sharing this with all my writer friends.

15. stephensaldana profile image61
    stephensaldanaposted 13 years ago

This is a great idea! Let's you know where you are as well as giving you something to work towards. Feels like badges you get from Boy Scouts!

16. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I just discovered the "circles" when I signed in.  Like someone else, I came here to learn more about it.  smile  It's nice.  Adds a colorful, cheerful, dash of "pleasantness" to the profiles.

17. liljen23 profile image75
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

Thanks for adding this feature, it is good for us to know what our accomplishments are so we can move forward and complete more accomplishments.

18. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

More new things everyday! I thnk people like it all a lot. The new rating on the bottoms of the Hubs is fun. Cheers!

1. michifus profile image57
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow - people actually read my hubs until the end!

Cheers for the update - its pretty cool.

19. Journey * profile image68
    Journey *posted 13 years ago

I like this new feature a lot. Thanks for adding it!

20. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Hi Jason,

Thanks for creating a great idea and putting it into practise, it's this sort of innovation that keeps HubPages way out front of the others!

I'm lovin it!

John

21. MyWebs profile image78
    MyWebsposted 13 years ago

This is a cool new feature, thanks.

I don't think most readers will ever see our accolades as many probably never read our profile page beside other hubbers. Could this be added to each hub, or maybe accolades specific to each hub? I imagine it would take up a very small amount of space. If anything this just may encourage readers to check out our other hubs, especially if it linked to our profile somehow. A sticky web site is good. smile

22. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Great feature,yet to learn the meaning of each accolade.thanks a lot:)

23. Cagsil profile image69

Hey Andromida.....just move the mouse over the top of each. There is a small pop to tell you what each is about. smile

24. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Are these manual or automatically updated?

Also, how are forum participation and flagging related? They're on the same accolade.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wondered this too, but I highly suspect completely automated, considering the number of hubbers!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

does anyone else have far fewer hubs listed in their accolades?
        mine says I've published at least 10, and it's more than this. does it only count the number of hubs when we have reached milestones?

Yes, it only counts the number of Hubs when you have reached milestones. Right now, the milestones are 10/50/100/300/500/1000/2000/5000/10000 Hubs.

A list of milestones is available on the FAQ.

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF

The accolades are automatically awarded.

You are asking about the "helpful Hubber" accolade. "Helpfulness" is a fuzzy concept, but basically we are interested in whether you are significantly helping the community in one or more ways.  It doesn't count all forum participation, only participation in forums where you are directly helping new Hubbers.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.. So how is helping hubbers within forums and helping moderators by flagging related? Is it just helping?

Also, how do you know what accolade is what? I don't show the names of each just the descriptions.

And, how do we know what hubs got what description? Funny, beautiful, etc. I don't know what hubs I have that would be marked as 'beautiful,' so it'd be interesting to see. I don't have any that were written with beauty in mind. I'd rather just see whether the hub was useful or not; I don't care about funny, beautiful, or awesome. Makes more since to know if the hub was helpful.

Ooo, and does the traffic accolade increase, or does it just stop at 1 million views?

The "helpful Hubber" accolade is just what we have been calling it here in the HubPages office, but the accolades don't have official names. And yes, I suppose "helping" is all that flagging and forum help have in common.

You can see what types of praise (useful/funny/etc.) each Hub has received by scrolling down to the praise buttons just above the comments. We might eventually build a single page where you can see at a glance which Hubs have received which praise, without having to go to each Hub individually (but that doesn't exist yet).

There are accolades for 10 million and 100 million Hub views. See the FAQ for a complete list.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
            Whitney05posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would be interesting to have all the praises for each hub on one page. I'm not going to each hub individually to check it out. Not really worth my time or interest, so one page would be nice (although I'm still not a fan of letting people judge my work with how they think it is to be intended. IE if it's not meant to be funny, it shouldn't be voted as funny.)

Is there a forum accolade for just participation? What accolades can we earn?

Thanks I didn't realize there was already a tier, so to speak.

2. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

10m and 100m!!!

It looks like there are 3 empty boxes there, could we have one some for 5m, 25m, 50m????

Damn.... I was hoping that there would be one at 3 million or something sad

25. jasonycc profile image69
    jasonyccposted 13 years ago

Awesome features. Just love the way HubPages is being managed. And it gets better everytime.

26. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

Wow this is really awesome.  I love the accolades thing - it rewards you and encourages you to be on the site more!  Thanks for this update!

27. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

Thanks for this great new feature.  I love the idea of being able to rate another hub on the new criteria as well as rating it up.

28. Veronica Allen profile image69
    Veronica Allenposted 13 years ago

I just signed in and saw the new feature. This is great! I love it.

29. Green Lotus profile image60
    Green Lotusposted 13 years ago

Excellent! Another reason why HP is the place to see and be seen.

30. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I love it, love it, love it!

Thank you so much Hubpages, it really has motivated me, thats the single best innovation that I have seen on Hubpages since I arrived.

And I mean it!!!!! Wayhay!!!!!!!!!!

31. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

An impressive new feature!
    Thumbs up!

32. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I would guess the next milestone is 50 or 100

33. sunforged profile image70

hence the "at least"

34. sunforged profile image70

Your also shorted 100 followers...if it makes it any better, Im shorted 320.

There just fun little milestones - if they were exact..what would the difference be from the info that is already freely seen on our profile regarding hubs published/followers etc,

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

true. I just wondered. I don't get too crazy about numbers. smile

I do love the features, very nice.

35. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I just went and checked it out!  I LOVE IT!  I enjoyed seeing the section of followers and feel this will add a much better feel to the hubs for visitors.  BIG Rate UP!  smile

36. sunforged profile image70

btw, just so I dont seem ungrateful, i think all round its a very fun and clever addition to the site.

Well done Fawntia!

37. ethel smith profile image82
    ethel smithposted 13 years ago

Wondered when I was rating. Must have a quick peek

38. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Just seen this on my Profile - it's Super Duper.
    Excellent and encouraging too.

Who's idea was it? P/s give that person a pay bonus this month. smile

39. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

this is cool.
    how i received an accolade for insightful comments in the forums is beyond me, but I'll accept it just the same.

Thanks HP!

40. Wayne Tully profile image65
    Wayne Tullyposted 13 years ago

Brilliant, now I just have to write some more hubpages on this account!

41. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

I just saw the accolades, and was hoping there was a thread about it. WOW! mu head feels big now!  big_smile  I like accolades.

42. embitca profile image83
    embitcaposted 13 years ago

This is great! But now I am miffed. Why are my hubs not engaging??! Now I will eternally wonder.

43. Simple Tim profile image56
    Simple Timposted 13 years ago

I could'nt agree more I love the new look look of hubpages...the graphics are fantastic!and user interface and simplicity of creating hubs is far superior to any other publishing site.

44. Rebecca E. profile image79
    Rebecca E.posted 13 years ago

love this idea, it's awesome!

45. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

Yup I'm feeling all warm and gooey inside too. Seeing those accolades brightened my very funky week. Thanks HubPages! You are always improving! Gotta love it!

46. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image48
    Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 13 years ago

Cute! I love it, thank you .

47. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Love the new feature! Thanks HP Team.

48. Gerber Ink profile image90
    Gerber Inkposted 13 years ago

Cool beans!  Love the little medals- makes me feel like a 5 Star General of Freelance Writing!

49. Elena. profile image84
    Elena.posted 13 years ago

HP Team, 

The Accolades feature is the coolest since... since.... since the invention of Velcro!

Thanks for this cool bit of technology, I LOVE it!

50. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 13 years ago

Love Love Love the new Profile page! big_smile wayyyyy cool.

Also the new "Awesome"  "beautiful" "Helpful" etc options on hubs!!

You guys are the Bestest!!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)