Jesus Is Your Only Hope

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (46 posts)
  1. tritrain profile image69
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

That's what I saw on a church sign on my way home.

Your thoughts?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

my thoughts?...every people who sell somehing believe that their product is only right choice...

2. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whew, I came to the same conclusion.... glad about that!

3. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apologies if this appears twice, got a server glitch which told me to repeat my action!

But anyhow, obviously any believer would agree that Christ is the only hope, or else we'd all follow whatever was a better hope!

4. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just an idle but quite desperate attempt at an empty threat. smile

5. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus Is Your Only Hope

The hope was there when Jesus was not born even. It is not correct that hope started with Jesus or it rests with Jesus; a poor man or son of man of Nazareth.

6. Rishy Rich profile image72
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A helpless, half naked, crucified guy who died 2000 years ago is Your Only Hope???!!! How hopeless is that?

1. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Post of the day. 

Oct 30.

7. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simply translated this sign indicates we are screwed and have no hope. Any hoipe we might retain is contingent upon religous people acting like religious people and that ain't about to happen anytime soon.

8. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that sign isn't very informative? Its anyones guess what it could mean?

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Sounds about right to me.

The best Church sign I've ever seen would be in Ridgetop, Tennessee

"134 Christians and 3 Used Car Salesmen meet here every Sunday"

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROFL

2. tritrain profile image69
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahahah! 

Repent, Repent Ye Evil Car Salesmen!!!

3. skyfire profile image80

lol

4. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO wondering who let the used car salesmen in a church. If they ever gave a testimonial 78 used car purchasers would run them out of town believing that their sales contract proved the salesmen had sinned.

3. Ray Thoughts profile image60
    Ray Thoughtsposted 13 years ago

Most religions believe you have to do good works to make it to heaven.  Biblical Christianity is the only faith that teaches that there is nothing left for you to do because Jesus has done it all on the Cross.  All that is required to make it to heaven is a sincere trust in Jesus as your savior.  Jesus said He was the only way to Heaven.  Either He was right or He was a deceptive lunatic....there are no grey areas in His statement.
      Yes, everyone selling something believes their product is the best but which one would you want?  I'll take the free gift of salvation.  By the way, Jesus is the only prophet to claim he was God and then backed it up by rising from the dead.......this viewed by 500 witnesses and the testimony of an empty tomb.

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

That sign is quiet right for me smile)

5. zzron profile image58
    zzronposted 13 years ago

I think the sign was right.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3137213_f248.jpg

6. tritrain profile image69

Could you cover all your bases by being ChriHinduMusliBudiJewish?

1. profile image51

Jesus of Christians, Krishna of Hindus, Muhammad from Muslims, Buddha of the Buddhists and Moses of the Jews; they are were truthful Messengers Prophets of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; they were recepients of the message of guidance for their people from Him. Muhammad is the Seal of Prophets and he is only relevant in our era; messages received by others have been lost in the debris of time and hence have academic value only.

well if we see logically..krishna is said to have existed much before buddha...then buddh and christ had 500 years in between....christ and muhmmad had 600 years between...then we have guru nanak which were some thousand year or so after muhmmad...and if we consider gulam shaab too then he was some 600 years-700 years after guru nanak..so how can we have seal in every growing list...we might have some one else after 500 years too...

2. skyfire profile image80

Really ?

Prove it sweety.

7. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 13 years ago

spam

8. tritrain profile image69

What I don't understand is that, even within the Christian religion, there are denominations that believe their's is the only way.

Couldn't all of the religions and their followers (or non-followers) be allowed into Heaven?

well tritrain...my way only way is quiet human way of thinking...most humans believe in that way and since humans make religion , religious god too believes in that way...heaven/hell are good concepts...but what is truth is something which all claim to no and no body has consensus on it...

2. profile image51

[5:70] Surely, those who have believed, and the Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians — whoso believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good deeds, on them shall come no fear, nor shall they grieve.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=66

1. tritrain profile image69
        tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My thought on this is similar.  Be a good person, be kind to others, be true to yourself and your own values.  Be honorable.

All will work itself out in the end.

9. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

Jesus is our only hope.

1. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
      Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you big_smile

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Jesus is your only hope.

Hope for what? Being saved? Oh please. hmm

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bingo! I understand you are not ready to recieve the free gift of salvation. It's you choice.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Woman, go learn more would you. WOW! roll

11. skipper112 profile image61
    skipper112posted 13 years ago

I belive my Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and redemption, that is my belife. I do not follow Budda or Khrisna or Allah. I am a follower of my Lord jesus Christ.I am a God ( Jesus Christ) fearing Catholic/Christian.

I will never accept that Jesus was a prophet of Allah, to me that is not true.
    unlike paar I do not belive Allah is my God and Jesus was never a prophet

paar please get your facts right Allah is not followed by Christians or Jews Allah is only followed by Muslims, what ever Allah says or  does is unimportant to a Christian. Because as Christians we do not follow Allah ok mate, have you got that.

12. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

Take a look at the sky on a clear crisp night.  All those thousands are stars are suns, and they're only an infinitesimal number of that are out there.  Now we're being told most of them have solar systems.  Then we make the mistake that life can only be contained in carbon molecules, so the third planet out from a very ordinary star (or sun) is particularly favoured by an Infinite Being we've put a label on - God.

Oh, and we've even given this God human characteristics.  He had a son, an ONLY son. Chose to place him on this earth, indeed!   And that this only son - who had an earthly mother by the way - is so special that he could make a statement which, if believed by us, would make us immortal.  If we didn't, well...

Do we really think this being we call God would have favourites!

Has it ever occurred to you that the very Consciousness in yourself IS God?  That Life is God?  And Life or Nature creates through God?  That God experiences through you?  Gets complicated doesn't it?

So if you want to make it easy for yourself, believe in Jesus as the one and only.  Jesus was, in all probability, trying to tell you something, "Do ye not know that ye are gods?'

I'm of the opinion that this last statement is true.

13. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The hope was there when Jesus was not born even. It is not correct that hope started with Jesus or it rests with Jesus; a poor man or son of man of Nazareth.

Why fix hope on a person who cannot do anything good or bad for one? It would be useless; Jesus was not what the Christians think about him mythically; he was neither a god nor son of god.

14. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

Jesus is the only hope for hopeless people?!

(Hello Christians! Please don't feel offended. Just for fun!)

1. Druid Dude profile image58
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whereas, Jesus, is a man "Jesus was a man, approved of God." Recorded words or Simon-Peter, after Golgotha "The Place Of The Skull". Then yes. Surprised? Then read on. If Jesus was a man, approved of God, then all men might become approved of God. No one else promises this. To be approved of God is not servitude, neither does the approved of God gather one to another. To be approved of God is freedom from "the bondage that mankind denies". To be approved of God, one finds "self" "I" the great "I AM!" Intrigued? No one told me this, for when I first heard it, no one was there. He still is. Am I paranoid?
      ( "Paranoia is merely a heightened state of awareness" John Lennon. )
      No. Surprised? I am the last one who has a need to feel paranoid.

15. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Jesus was a good guy. One of the best. So is Superman.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image58
      C.V.Rajanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I take strong objection. YOu are belittling spiderman, heman and batman!

16. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

I'm hearing a fair amount of churches in the US are going broke.  Perhaps desperate advertising measures are needed to keep any business afloat.

17. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

Jesus is the only hype
    (for non-believing Christians!)

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What the heck is a "non-believing Christian?"

Oh, I know,

it's an oxymoron.!

Glad I figured that out. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So - dj - all those Christians that you have now distanced yourself from - you know - the witch burning, crusading, child abusing versions that you say you have no affinity with and were not real Christians.

Were they true believing Christians? Or were they non-believing Christians? And how many actual Christians does that leave? Seems to me this is the least-subscribed-to belief system ever. wink

1. aka-dj profile image65
          aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mark.
          As you can see, I answered my own question.

Pretty deep, huh?

18. prairieprincess profile image93
    prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

I do believe that the sign is right ... that Jesus is our only hope in this world, because of who he is: the son of God who died in place of us, for our sins.

19. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Those who can see the difference between lameness and savior can understand why it is hype. I mean helpless kitteh died on cross will be our only hope ? No wonder jesus is hype and deluded people fall for it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)