Hot off the Presses, the new batch of hubnuggets are ready.

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years ago

Nice and hot, served with the hubnugget teams new adventure, a big cuppa Hot Chocolate and marshmallows. This weeks Hubnugget batch is super tasty

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Hubnugget-T … -tree-farm

1. Avamum profile image81
      Avamumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well I read every hub in every category, and find that I am in good company. What a great variety of writing styles and topics. So glad to be a part of this writing community!

1. profile image53
        george_kellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are right hub is a great community to be and has vast range of topics too meet our needs.
        quickbooks hosting | hosted quickbooks | remote hosting | peachtree online | application hosting

2. f_hruz profile image60
      f_hruzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Servus Zsuzsy & many thanks for being a friend from Ontario ... how can get more votes for being a hubnugget? smile

Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

f_hruz ask your family and friends to drop in on your hub and vote for it. Fans or followers or??? from Twitter, Facebook and all the other social sites can also help. Remember they do not have to be hubpages members to vote.

2. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

On my way to read and vote, Miss Bee big_smile

1. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 13 years ago

Read and voted, rated up and shared! Fine hubbing, there, Miss Bee - sweetest-ever graphics (I love Christmas-y stuff)!

Congratulations to all the nominees!

2. profile image48
      yvetterazelle2posted 13 years ago

I am sorry about my violation about the excessive links. Can you help me to remove my revoked ip adress. thank you

3. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Okay, voted and shared. smile big_smile

4. ripplemaker profile image77
      ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/carlapryor/Firtree.jpg
      Is this the tree that the Hubnuggets Team chose? Find out! Join Zsuzsy Bee and the rest of the team at the tree farm as you get the chance to vote for your favorite Hubnuggets!

WOOHOO...Congratulations to all the Hubnuggets Nominees! 

The Technology Nominees
      Loser Guides:How To Buy Stuff Online
      Little Trick To Drying a Wet Electronic Device
      3D TV, and no glasses required!
      The Circle Of Reciprocity
      Modern technology an old farts point of view.
      How to Wipe a Hard Drive (Step-by-Step Guide)

Education and Science Nominees
      The Glass Flask of the Byzantine Shipwreck at Bozburun, Turkey
      The Top Twelve Best Inventions we use in our every day lives.
      NASA STS-133 Space Shuttle Mission Prepares for Liftoff
      Coping with Reality
      Insane thoughts-what is; is not what it isn't, but it is what never was!
      Does the American Dream Have to Die With Michael Jackson?

Food and Cooking Nominees
      Shortbread My Favorite Three Recipes
      3 Great Recipes for Thanksgiving or Christmas: Leftover Cranberry Sauce Loaf, Cranberry Whip, and Cranberry Granola Bars
      How to Spice up Your Pancake Recipe
      Clay Pot Cooking
      My Exotic Soup Recipes
      How to Bring to the Table to Real Spaghetti Italian

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/Dragroxas/Blaxizen%20Site/Vote.png

VOTE FOR THE HUBNUGGETS

1. lilmissbookworm profile image60
        lilmissbookwormposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou for the nomination. It is unexpected and flattering. I wish all the nominees the very best of luck and no matter who wins it is the taking part that counts. Just for my hub tobe recognised is the best gift I could receive.

2. jokeapptv profile image60
        jokeapptvposted 13 years ago

i will go check it out.

1. ripplemaker profile image77

Hubnuggets Nominees...Express Yourself! Tell us what you think, feel being a Hubnuggets nominee! Woohoo

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz244/shymonie/Express-Yourself-Text.jpg

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
            Just Ask Susanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the nomination. When I did this hub I never dreamed that it would get me nominated. All I can say is Wow.  These recipes are one’s that I cherish and make every year at Christmas time and like I said in my hub it would not be Christmas to me if I did not make shortbread. Thank you so much again and good luck to everyone that got nominated.

2. LoganG profile image84
            LoganGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! What an honor to be nominated! I'm still just getting started on Hubpages (has a month really gone by already???) but it's amazing to see my hubs are already getting noticed.

I was fortunate enough to take an underwater archaeology class my last year in school. When I published the hub, I hoped somebody would find the topic as interesting as I. We'll see how the voting goes, but even receiving a nomination is more than I could have anticipated.

Thanks again! Merry Christmas! And good luck to all!

3. RocketCityWriter profile image76
            RocketCityWriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the nomination! I honestly didn't know too much about Hubnuggets - I'd heard the term, but I'm still a relative newbie so it was a pleasant surprise! I wrote the hub because it was a great once in a lifetime experience that I didn't want to forget so I figured I'd put it out somewhere. Thanks again smile

4. Avamum profile image81

What a lovely honour - thank you!  So glad I logged in tonight - it was a pleasant surprise to read that I have been nominated, and for recipes, no less! This time of year is all about family and food, two of my favourite things, and I love to write about both. This was the VERY first hub that I wrote, and it has been revised a few times as I read through the Hubnugget Tutorials and Forums. 

Good luck to everyone - and keep on hubbing!

1. Rosie2010 profile image67
              Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hiya Avamum, I voted for you!  Congratulations for being nominated.  Good luck. my friend.

Have a nice day!
              Rosie

1. Avamum profile image81

Thank you for your kind words, Rosie!

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
            Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whoah dudes! Wot a surpise!! I aint not rote nuthin much before butt its reely god of you to put mi name up in lites!

God luk to all the otherrs 2 - coz thems the deel man.

1. AuthorCor profile image60
              AuthorCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is like a complete surprise and honor to have been selected as a nominee.  First thank you, I mean not only is this literally one of the coolest achievements(being nominated is an achievement lol)  this is motivational and inspiring.  It makes you feel like you have provided some serious display of talent!
              Congratulations to all other nominees, I have read many of your hubs and am highly supportive of your work! - Cori

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4210400_f248.jpg

6. ripplemaker profile image77

Susan, thank you for coming here to express yourself!  Blessings and much love to you!  Best of luck!  Enjoy the Hubnuggets!

1. Jeremey profile image60
              Jeremeyposted 13 years ago

I must admit I'm still not sure where the hubnuggets nominations come from but it feels good to be noticed. I've read through most of the nominations already and must say there's some heavy competition and fantastic stories throughout the nominations. I just returned from the store to get some pancake mix,some fruit and whipped topping after reading the food and cooking hubs that were nominated, I just love pancakes!Best of luck to all of us, and Merry Christmas to all the hubbers here at hubpages.

2. profile image0
              Jesgru37posted 13 years ago

Wow, I can honestly say this was totally unexpected. I was just casually checking my email and then - hello there! A Hubnugget nomination! How awesome!

Ya know, recognition for one of my hubs is awesome, but at the end of the day, I'm just glad I could help out the community in some way. The knowledge that I helped even one person out with a project or decision that could have been long and painful drives me to write newer and better articles.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to express myself, HubPages, and happy holidays to all!

1. ripplemaker profile image77

Thank you for all coming to the Hubnuggets forum to express yourself! smile  Best of luck to everyone. Most of all enjoy the Hubnuggets Fun! 

If you want to know more about the Hubnuggets, drop by the Hubpages Learning Center Click Here

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image74
                  KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I loved, loved, loved it.  It was the greatest adventure.  I hope everybody out there reads, and votes.  We have a wonderful group to choose from.

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Thank you everyone for reading and for voting.

3. kimh039 profile image90
                kimh039posted 13 years ago

Just came from casting my vote.  It was tough to choose though!

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
                  wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Still reading, will vote by the end of the weekend.  Thanks, Z-BEE!

2. profile image0
                  JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

Voted, Voted and voted! Happy to see and meet all the nominies including myself nominated for hubnuggets. I have voted for all of you nominies. I hope that whoever wins everybody should be happy.
                  So best of luck to all of you:)

Congrats to all you nominees... remember to promote your hubs to everyone. Just an idea, stop people who walk by you on the  street.... ask them to read your hub and vote for it. Ask your family and friends to read and vote. Then there are all the social websites... Twitter, Facebook etc oh and don't forget to ask Tom, Dick and Harry either

Good luck

1. f_hruz profile image60
                      f_hruzposted 13 years ago

Thanks sooo much!

I am amazed - my hub is a HubNugget candidate smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4214176_f248.jpg

2. f_hruz profile image60
                      f_hruzposted 13 years ago

Thanks guys, it creates such a nice sense of belonging!

I now have to find out how this all came about for my hub to be chosen as a HubNugget candidate ... just the consideration on it's own is very exciting.

It wasn't just pure luck, or was it?  smile

f_hruz this explains all the how's, the who's , the why's, the what's to be eligible.

To be eligible for HubNugget consideration, you must have joined hubpages within the last 60 days, and have an author score of 75 or above. Your hub must have been published within the last 7 days, and have a hub score of 55 or above. That's it!

Now you may be asking how you can achieve all of that when you're still just a Hub-nuggeteer learning your way around here.

This is how:

* Build a hub with well written, original content.
                            * Next, add a few relevant photos videos.
                            * Add a news feed if you like.
                            * Move your capsules around to create an attractive layout, and preview your handy work.
                            * Check for spelling and grammar booboos.
                            * Now all that's left to do is hit that "publish" button, and watch your score rise.
                            * Your friends at Hub-Central will do the rest!

If you want more detailed information, Shirley Anderson has written a hub on the whole process. You can find it here. or here HubPages Learning Center  http://hubpages.com/hub/HubNuggets-How-To 

Here is the short version of how to have a chance at becoming a hubnugget.... (in 3 words) ....  Write great hubs

2. travel_man1971 profile image63
                        travel_man1971posted 13 years ago

Read! Made some comments and Rated them up! Congratulation on the new set of HubNuggets nominees. Merry Christmas everyone! big_smile ;D big_smile

1. GioiaMulas profile image59
                          GioiaMulasposted 13 years ago

I do not know if it is happening to other participants, but I feel so proud, so full of enthusiasm. I know that we are many and all are worthy, even more than me, and just makes me proud to be part of a big company, join a real group of writers with a capital W,

2. profile image50
                          xixi159159posted 13 years ago

This is the first time I visit this forum, hope we can help each other to learn more.

The hubnuggeteers and I are grateful to everyone for reading and for voting.
                            Thank you

2. jokeapptv profile image60
                            jokeapptvposted 13 years ago

very cool  i really like it.

3. profile image0
                            JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

With 14 percent of votes, My Hub was selected by the HubPages community as a winner! I am very excited and happy too! And you know what, My profile picture and an excerpt and link to my Hub will be included in today's weekly HubPages newsletter that is sent to over 60,000 HubPages community members.
                            Thanks hubpages and it's members and hubbers! And A special thanks to Zsuzsy Bee too!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
                              Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done Jason.  I too got 14% of the the votes in my category but sadly that wasn't enough to make the top three.  So I don't feature in the newsletter.

On the plus side I don't mind too much - because the winners were well deserving and it was brilliant just to be nominated.

Plus I am really enjoying hubpages - it makes it fun and easy to write.

So thanks for the fun guys...

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
                            Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

Big Congratulations to all the Winners and nominees across the board.

"Education and Science" was a thorough runaway in votes - like Secretariat. This must be a record.

Keep writing everyone and Merry Christmas.

1. blairstover profile image60
                              blairstoverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to all of the winners!!

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Patty you're absolutely right this really was a record breaking week for me. Not only did we have 482 combined voters but also 1700 readers... That makes this the most visited hubnugget hub of all the ones I've written so far.

How awesome is that?

A great big enormous thank you to all of you who read the nugget hub and this weeks chosen wannabes also for voted. This was really an amazing turn-out.

Hope you all have a safe and fabulous holiday season

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85

Congratulations to all of you Hubnuggeteers, nominees and winners alike. All the hubs were super. So keep up the great writing.

This week's Technology favorites and nominees

* 30% The Circle Of Reciprocity
                                * 18% 3D TV, and no glasses required!
                                * 16% Little Trick To Drying a Wet Electronic Device
                                * 14% How to Wipe a Hard Drive (Step-by-Step Guide)
                                * 14% Loser Guides:How To Buy Stuff Online
                                * 9% Modern technology an old farts point of view.

57 people have voted in this poll.

This week's Education and Science favorites and nominees

* 85% Does the American Dream Have to Die With Michael Jackson?
                                * 7% The Glass Flask of the Byzantine Shipwreck at Bozburun, Turkey
                                * 4% NASA STS-133 Space Shuttle Mission Prepares for Liftoff
                                * 3% The Top Twelve Best Inventions we use in our every day lives.
                                * 1% Coping with Reality
                                * 0% Insane thoughts-what is; is not what it isn't, but it is what never was!

362 people have voted in this poll.

This week's Food and Cooking favorites and nominees

* 37% Shortbread My Favorite Three Recipes
                                * 17% 3 Great Recipes for Thanksgiving or Christmas: Leftover Cranberry Sauce Loaf, Cranberry Whip, and Cranberry Granola Bars
                                * 14% MY EXOTIC SOUP RECIPIES
                                * 11% How to Spice up Your Pancake Recipe
                                * 11% HOW TO BRING TO THE TABLE TO REAL SPAGHETTI 'ITALIAN
                                * 10% Clay Pot Cooking

63 people have voted in this poll.

6. ripplemaker profile image77

Congratulations to all the winners!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/3sunz_2006/congrats.jpg

And thank you to all who followed the link I posted to this forum so you can participate and express yourself!!  Thank you very very much!

Well done Zsuzsy Bee!

Great job Hubnuggets Team!

Thank you Hubbers and family and friends and guests for voting and supporting the Hubnuggets!

And to all the Hubbers keep on writing!

Have a wonderful weekend ahead! Hugs and kisses!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
                          Necessary
                          HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
                          LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
                          Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
                          AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
                          HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
                          HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
                          Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
                          CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
                          Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
                          Features
                          Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
                          Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                          Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
                          Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                          Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                          VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
                          PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                          Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
                          MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
                          Marketing
                          Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
                          Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
                          Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
                          Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
                          Statistics
                          Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
                          ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
                          Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
                          ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)