So pumped! Only need...

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (66 posts)
  1. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

$85 in the next 5 days to reach my first Adsense payout!!

After just a few short years, all my hard work is about to pay off!!

THANK YOU CYBERSPACE!!!

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile congrats! good luck, I hope it comes thru for you.

2. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what are you going to do with all that dosh when it cascades onto your door mat after the pregnant wait !

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Breath through the contractions and wish that his feet could fit in the stirrups big_smile

3. Wendy Krick profile image64
      Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!!!

4. emdi profile image62
      emdiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats. :-)

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

So you've done well at $15 over 19 months already? yikes

3. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 13 years ago

The first cut is the hardest... after that it is all gravy, my friend.  smile

--- N

(Gonna get my fourth payment at the end of next month.)

4. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It came so easy for you.  I had to write so many hubs.

5. Greek One profile image62

don't want to count ALL my chickens before they hatch.. but I can just feel the influx of clicks coming in... the same way i predicted the McCain/Palin sweep of the Electoral College!

Sure the first $15 dollars took me 2 years to get.. but something tells me an Elmer Fudd craze will soon sweep the world, thereby helping to make my Hubs on the man go viral!

come ooooooooooooooooooooooon $85 dollars... Daddy wants a new pair of Armani socks!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...or in another 2 years...you could go to a leafs game....  Hey GOne!  big_smile

Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

200 years with scalper's prices

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

..ya...i'd go for the socks instead....'cept you could get quite a few pairs over at Wallymart.....

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/170617/funny_sign.jpg

you are an evil person whose sins God will not forget

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...i noticed wallymart has these on sale....you could get 2 for 1!....just ignore the 'writing'....i just wanted you to see the jersey!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U4n4doyBGZs/RwnKnoSCdXI/AAAAAAAABAI/zfQo-QQ_dvo/s400/Toronto+Maple+Leafs.jpg

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
              Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol Good one!

6. Nicole Winter profile image59

OMG... you guys crack me up so much... it didn't come easy to me, Flightkeeper, I spend a *ton* of time publicizing my hubs, it wasn't until almost year two that I got my first pay-out, after the first one they seem to come more quickly.

--- N

Check out my profile page for a link to "She Told Me" ... submit a story there and they've a drop down menu with TONS of other portals you can submit to.  This will really help when "bringing the clicks in," guys.

I didn't know that about She Told Me.  Thanks for the tip!

7. Greek One profile image62

I don't think my sense of sarcasm and poverty are coming through lol

8. Greek One profile image62

http://www.flagkingsports.com/fks_shop/images/Leafs%20-%20Banner%20Pins%20-%20All.jpg

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...or buy yourself a second hand tv.....B&W....it'll bring back some memories for ya!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2410/2311594392_067ee56171.jpg

10. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

so, shameless self-promotion really does pay off!  huh Greek One!

I think I'll try it when I get around to finally finishing my fiction series and create a few more wacky advice hubs and then there's the women who sing the blues etc. etc.  Gee.  I just don't know where to start.

Not that money is all that important to me! since, like all the rest of you thugs, I just come here to have a good time!

exactly Mega.. the are all shameless!.. and I am disgusted by it!

I just come on here to have fun too.. and what a better way to do that than reading about burnt coffee, or Elmer Fudd, or any number of other Hubs one can find on here with a simple search smile

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so sad, still, about Elmer.  really. didn't he have some illegitimate, looooong forgot chilluns back in some swamp? eh?  say, when he was visiting Pogo and Churchy and them?

he was unable to father children ever since a hunting accident in 1987

1. Pcunix profile image92
            Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With Cheney, was it?

1. mega1 profile image79

lol

2. mega1 profile image79

fyi, his peccadillos with Pogo and friends were unheard of, mainly because, well, they were unspeakable!  And there were a few offspring who weren't et by the gators, if you'd only just get off your bunghole and bother to search, you'll find their descendants and possibly something to actually entertain us instead of all this thready dribble.  so there!

i did a seven part Hub series on the man.. the product of intense research and effort.

How dare you try to defame him in his death!

11. Greek One profile image62

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/1390733_f260.jpg

And they're both American!

lol lol lol

yes, North American

12. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Well Greek One, they do say that creative genius is never recognised in life - so the day on which we are all weeping as we tenderly lay your body into your marble tomb is probably the day that you get 150 clicks and your account earns a $1,000 a day from then on.

So, can you leave me your Adsense earnings in your will and start bunging some Amazon capsules on your hubs?

I'm taking it with me!

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can't take it with you - 'there's no pockets in shrouds' as the old British saying goes!

So sign it over and they may let you into heaven?

I'm being cremated and all the cash is going to burn with me

1. CMHypno profile image83
            CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But this is the cash that your adsense will start earning after your much mourned departure from this earthly realm?

They take PayPal in heaven

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
                prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Plus this money is for your retirement as well, twenty years in the making.

.. and only 60 years to go!

13. Nicole Winter profile image59

Aw, come on now... I'm a stay-at-home mom... I've the time to promote myself.  If I don't do it, nobody else is going to, right guys?  It's not disgusting... it's just, you know, trying to make a go of writing for profit.

I love writing.  I like money.  When the two can hold hands it makes me wanna whisper sweet nothing's in their delicate ears.

SHAME ON YOU!!!

I write substandard hubs specifically because I don't want viewers or clicks!

And may I say my strategy has worked out wonderfully!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL< Greek, congrats by the way. Your adsense is a long time coming!

14. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hZuoTjvh1kc/TMIQyfFUt5I/AAAAAAAACis/gQfx_M1nPcg/s1600/nothing_to_see_here.jpg

1. mega1 profile image79

so true

and  "bunging"  maybe I'll "bunge" some amazon capsules in there, too.  also.  huh?

1. mega1 profile image79

bungholes.   can we mention them?  still, technically, I don't think bunging is the term required for inserting amazon capsules in there just to give amazon another recognition thingy.  Let's not get banned over bunging, eh?

15. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Has he gone yet

16. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I just happened to check and saw that my HP Adsense is at $103.71 today.

I don't have to wait for a payout as that money is combined with my other sites earnings and is always more than needed, but if this were my only source, I would have just reached it.

It took 8 months. I do little outside promotion except Facebook and Twitter, and do not use keyword research (not that I don't think you should; I'm simply too lazy).

Of course I do have a lot of hubs. Most of them get very little traffic at this point and some (about 10%) have had nothing in the past 30 days.   Total overall traffic since I started is still under 40,000 views.

My point is just that I do everything "wrong" and still make a little money. I make the same errors at my main site, though that's both much older and larger, so I make much more.

It is possible to just write and make money. The monthly HP earnings have been steadily increasing, though they are a little flat for January.

Now imagine what someone could do if they wrote well researched hubs on good keyword choices and promoted them well..

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

very encouraging guys, lets hope this year brings lots of wealth and plenty adsense clicks and earnings. big_smile big_smile

2. Greek One profile image62

Pcunix just volunteered to be my mentor!

I am quite certain that it was you who volunteered to mentor me.

A simple experiment, if you will:

Place our avatar pictures side by side. Which of us is obviously more intelligent?

I think that settles that. I shall expect my first mentoring message from you by email soon.

did you get a look at Bill Gates?

Beauty lies in the wallet of the beholder

Obviously. My wallet currently holds my license, an AARP card and a losing lottery ticket.

I NEED your ancient Homeric advice.

Beware of Greeks bearing nothing

1. mega1 profile image79

dam the needy Greeks.  Full speed ahead!

full speedo ahead

Is that your charisma or.. oops!

2. mega1 profile image79

lol  I get the picture.

2. Pcunix profile image92

But you look so wise..  I can't help feeling drawn to your charisma..

You don't have coulrophobia, do you? That would certainly put a damper on any mentoring in either direction.

i got plenty of nothing sad

1. mega1 profile image79

I believe you.

2. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You wiped your hands (or whatever) on MK then?

And gooooooooo Elmer.

*thinks Greek One should use this: http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4492425.jpg

i have a bathing suit that says that on the front

1. frogdropping profile image78
            frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So long as you don't wear them back to front.

17. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

On further research - I discover that Pogo & Elmer knew (in the biblical way, of course) several of Pogo's relatives!  Therefore, the okefenokee is still full of "material" for you bean counters.  If you would only care to just find their stories and leave for awhile, maybe, just MAYBE, y'all won't be so needy and have to come in the forums every morning and whine about you lack of traffic/income/brainpower/willpower and etc.!  MAYBE!

speaking of things to do with a pogo stick....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)