How do I snap back from a hurtful relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image58
    JewelzPinkPonyposted 13 years ago

How can I GET BACK IN THE DATING SCENE IF i'M NOT OVER THE PAIN FROM THE LAST RELATIONSHIP?

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

don't. what's the big hurry? give yourself time to get over it.

2. lyndre profile image61
      lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Going by your profile you have been single for 5 years.
      So give us peace and get a life.

1. profile image58
        JewelzPinkPonyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ihave one from the looks of it you need to get one!and find someone else to pick on honey,the question was asked for a friend and your answer was not helpful  ta ta.

1. lyndre profile image61
          lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not picking on anyone.My comment suddenly made you tell the question was for a friend and not yourself.

2. princess g profile image60
          princess gposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you need to make up your mind. was it you, or a friend? god, I can't stand liars

1. profile image58

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PRINCESS G?THATS NOT NICE AND I THINK IM LEAVING BECAUSE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTION WITH OUT GETTING NASTY KID LIKE ANWSERS!DONT ANSWER NOTHING I ASK BECAUSE THE NEXT TIME IMA BE VERY VERY NASTY WITH YOU OK.IM I AMONG KIDS OR GROW-UP?O.M.G AND I SHOULD BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTION FOR ME,MY FRIENDS,FAMILY,ETC DAM

3. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Occupy your time with productive and positive things to do.  Spend time with family and friends.

Time heals all wounds.

1. profile image58

that's for the love!that was a very good answer and when i was going thru everthing thats what i did:)

4. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take your time and give yourself a chance to grieve over the past relationship.  There is no hurry.  Spend time with friends or on things you have wanted to do, but haven't had the time.  Dating can wait.

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

You should have an obvious answer to your question, by asking yourself the question, instead of others.

How do YOU snap back from a hurtful relationship? (a)one not to jump back into the dating scene right away. (b) Evaluate what went wrong with last relationship. Determine "how" hurtful the relationship was? Accept that it has happened and accept that is now over. Once you achieve your acceptance, then move on forward.

Just step lightly, if you're not a good judge of character. If you need help with "character", I've written a few hubs about specific ones.

Approach your next relationship through experienced eyes and you'll avoid many of the pitfalls. wink

1. profile image58

Thanks!And I've ask myself a million times,and I still can't come up with a answer because we seemed to very happy

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How is that you cannot come up with an answer? We seemed to be very happy

Then, please explain to me, How "hurtful" was the relationship?

1. profile image58

Well he wasn't  happy and didn't show any signs...so by the time I heard anything he was seeing someone and had a baby on the way!And I also found out he had been sleeping round with my cousin.I have to tell you that I was so hurt it toke me a very long time to get over what happen...So I spent weeks trying to see where things went wrong.But here it is 5 yrs later I'm happy I have a great dating life and I realize that it wasn't nothing I done,but it was that he was just no good.

2. profile image58

THIS WAS SO PAINFUL THAT MY MOM HAD TO STEP IN AND HELP ME!FOR SOME REASON I COULDN' FIND IT IN ME TO LIVE,I JUST GAVE UP AND FELL DOWN IN A VERY DARK DEPRESSION.

1. Iontach profile image69
            Iontachposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear this Jewelz! I know what that is like and is certainly not pretty. You will get back on track soon! Just tell yourself that.

2. tritrain profile image70
            tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ask yourself if it was this act of betrayal that is was the painful part.

He is obviously not worthy of you if he sleeps around, especially with your cousin.  You haven't lost him, he lost you.

Learn from this and move on.  Yes, it's easier said than done, but believe me, it will become easier as time goes on.

Find your own strength and be happy with your own good qualities.  smile

1. profile image58

3. Cagsil profile image69
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just to let you know, in case you don't know- using all CAPS represents you screaming. I wasn't screaming at you. If you want to talk it out, then I'm more than willing to listen.

I would suggest, that since things changed, and apparently you are already in the dating scene, as you say, then your question was moot to begin with.

In response to your two posts, to my one post? You've apparently mistaken my intentions on helping with the situation presented.

The OP problem isn't your problem, as you so conveniently posted that it was for a friend. Thus, you should have started the thread in that manner. The fact that you are putting out someone else private matters, should be a sign in and of itself. Even, if you are truly trying to help them, so far, you have not been of much help. If you had their permission, because they are next to you, as in, in the same room and your friend wanted the replies, then so be it. But, try to use the right language when you type.

It's not YOU, therefore "I" isn't used. The person typing on the computer isn't known by anyone participating in this thread. All is known, is someone is posting to thread. We(hubbers) cannot see you or who is typing. If your friend typed any of the responses in this thread- it will be laid at your doorstep.

Just a thought. If you do actually care talk it out, which doesn't seem to be the case, but if you do. I'm always around. wink

1. profile image58

Ok i didn't know caping was a bad thing and i asked for a friend and i wanted to share my story ok.this is jewelzpinkpony and i wanted to share my hurtful story!and im new on here and im trying to learn my way around things.but after this i will be leaving this site because all are not open to helping new hubbers.so i started out to get answers back for a friend and im getting bashed as if im doing something wrong so thanks alot.and it's been 5 yrs ago since i had my bad break-up and it toke me 3 yrs to snap back.so thats why i asked for outside help,cause i dont want to lead my friend the wrong way.but i will make sure she doesn't view this.in one day ive been told to get a like,ive been called a liar...so whats the point coming on here?thanks alot yall to much

3. Iontach profile image69
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

Well when this happened to me I firstly was beyond distraught, I couldn't even explain how upset I was.
    My friends made me go to clubs and talk to new people, so I did. I did help a bit but not fully.
    Then one day I said "F**k this, that awful person didn't deserve me" so I'm going to be fine from now on...
    To be honest it actually worked really well! I refused to let myself get sad or upset even though inside I was.
    Then a while later I was perfect again, I was the same person I was before that awful person came into my life, but I was stronger.
    It was the 10th day after the break up that I got over my 3 year relationship from hell...go me! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)