No Adsense Impressions at all?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

For the last 24 hours I have not had any adsense impressions from HubPages at all....which is very weird.

Either something's wrong with my adsense/hubpages linking or I have only been getting hubpages ad program impressions (can't tell yet as it hasn't updated).

Any ideas?

1. seanorjohn profile image72
      seanorjohnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am stunned. You have over 100 hubs and over a million hits.How can this be happening? Mine are down but I started from a much lower base?

Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Something is definitely out of whack. The day before I had 2000 odd adsense impressions from HP which is my new normal since the algo change. hmm

From 2000 to 0 means something is wrong.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would guess the latter. Seems like their system is trying things out still. Of course - as you do not get the same amount of impressions for both programs - the only way to work it out is after the event. i.e. - look back at the entire month and see if your earnings per 1000 impressions went up or down - plus of course try and determine if it had an adverse effect on your Amazon and eBay earnings.

I'm guessing the latter too. I'm hoping that I don't have to wait a month to find out though. Maybe when the HP ads update for the day they will show my missing impressions? I'm thinking that if all the adsense ads on my hubs have all been replaced by HP ads the number of impressions should be higher.

3. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mikeydoes reported a similar thing last week - it was as if his HP account had somehow become disengaged from Adsense.
      I don't know what finally happened - I didn't see a post from him giving us an update or final outcome.

Edit: found the thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/69385

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Not sure of the problem Susana. I know that the HP ad revenue has dropped, for me at least. They were never great anyway, now they're worse.

There's been bugs in the HP ad system from what some have been reporting, and it's from that point my impressions (with HP) dropped right down. Adsense is still down but active.

I can't see that the problem would lie in your connection between HP/Adsense either, as it's always worked up until this point. Mystery.

You emailed?

Good points - it might be some software bug. I haven't emailed....hadn't though of it....but I will now!

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

Call me cynical if you wish, but in my experience of Hubpages rumours of earning a fortune here are greatly exaggerated. smile

I used to do alright pre google algo change - over $1000 per month, and I know some others who were earning a great deal more than me. But anyhow, this issue isn't really about the earning potential on Hubpages, it's more about what's happened to my adsense impressions. They seem to have done a vanishing act smile

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
        Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Susana, I have lost about 90% of my adsense revenue - and it has not been made up by HP ad program.  What little clicks I am getting in Adsense amounts to less than a dollar per day which sets me back almost a year (I have only been here 12 months).

Something has got to change as my clicks in Adsense dropped to almost nothing the last several days.

Oh yes my clicks have been down, like the majority of us, but this isn't about clicks. This is about ad impressions. Even if I had no clicks, adsense would show ad impressions.

I haven't checked my analytics yet, so I think I'll go and do that.

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
            Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh---sorry.  I should have read that closer.  I have impressions, just a LOT LOT LOT less.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've only been here for about a year, generally pretty active, and I've never seen any get-rich-quick claims being made.

If that's what yer after, yeah I'd guess you're in the wrong place.

3. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never heard such rumours, unless you are talking a few thousand dollars a month, in which case I wouldn't consider this a "fortune" and I could validate those rumours as entirely factually correct.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I take Adeles point to be reasonably valid Ryan.
        For a person to make a decent amount(only with HP) the earnings are scant ,you have to be involved in other sites and/or personal websites.

Also from what I can gather you need a masters in SEO pratices too lol just sayin..

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Just because you do not make any money here - that does not mean other people do not. wink

Oh I ,like many others are aware people make some money on HP.

Never in dispute.

Mark you dont know what I make so sh'rup.

1. profile image0

Rumour has it that Eaglewiki bought a Porsche with her last AdSense cheque and still had the change for a Chanel handbag yikes

Hey, if the Russian can do it with 19 hubs then the Kiwi can do it with 31, oright? wink

lol  lol

More like a bus ticket ,but hey its a fancier bus now ...

And how did you know bouts the handbag!! from Vinyl to Coach ,yea baby smile

Oh I like fair competition, like candy to a kid.

Bring it Kiwi smile and Caviar, then Rugby Ka Mate Ka Mate!

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Some money. Good oh. I thought you said: " For a person to make a decent amount(only with HP) the earnings are scant"

Silly me. So - your earnings are scant. Bet you made less than $100 last year. I can put my hand up to making a mistake in relying on income from hubpages a little too much and I have just seen around $4k a month vanish. Oh well - I have other things going on.

Ha ,a betting man I like. You would have lost smile all the same.

No Ryans right in some respects-

I actually seem to write more ,consquently earn more when I was enjoying all the research etc.

The enjoyment is not as great or something.

Maybe its time to look at other options,I just feel I am made for more lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

We all think that. lol Bet I wasn't out by much though. wink

No,not out by much wink

2. profile image0

My experience just differs from the substantially, I joined with no SEO experience and was up to $2000 a month on Hubpages before the recent catastrophe. Mainly this involved plenty of reading and plenty of hard work, I didn't make that money long enough for it to be worth it though. But I took $13300 in six months up to the end of February. I have the screenshots to prove it if anybody wants them, can be done.

Of course, I wish that I had invested more time into my personal sites, which I will do from now on. And I doubt I will ever see that $2000 per month again from Hubpages. Unless the site recovers in a big way, but it will still require plenty more publishing to achieve.

But, I cannot accept that you can't make good money on Hubpages, because I have proven it to myself. There are many who were taking much more than that. Everything was learnt on-site.

Good for you Ryan. Seriously I  dont doubt for second you made that amount ,or others for that matter.
            I dont wish to split hairs either.

But there are an awful lot of people who thought (like me) you would earn more than $1 a week ,if you get my drift.

Understatement /Overstatement? It varies dependant on many things I guess.

1. profile image0

Sh*t, I just told them about the Porsche!!

Quick, edit, your secret is out, no more lying about the $1 weeks OK? lol

4. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Not a single click yesterday, I was wondering if something is afoot... has been that bad at all sad

5. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I can relate to that experience and because of this drop i moved my high traffic hubs from hubpages. By the way are you seeing this for 90 or so days or just this week in analytics?

1. rorymullen profile image60
      rorymullenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On my adsense account I have never seen a single impression since I joined. I have seen a steady  increase of impression going up with adsense but when I count all of them together they kinda look like the impressions I am missing from HubPages. What do I do?

6. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 13 years ago

I seem to be expriencing the same thing. No clicks for a week now. I only have 58 hubs but I usually get a few clicks a day from adsense.

7. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Ok, well I checked analytics (which is what I should have done first tongue) and it is showing impressions for yesterday. Phew!

Then I went and checked adsense again and it is now showing impressions for yesterday, so it must have been a glitch.

Thanks for all your input peeps, much appreciated big_smile

8. bonnebartron profile image67
    bonnebartronposted 13 years ago

lol dude ive been on here forever, even reached some good numbers on my hubs... never seen a dime... course, i don't care too much at all really...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)