Join HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (113 posts)
  1. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 13 years ago

rorymullen, please don't take offense at this, but you have two misspellings in the first paragraph and you've been on this site for 6 weeks.  Since you're making an article on how to make $100 a day on Hubpages by writing, these things will potentially put a reader off.

I'm not trying to pick a fight.  I just think you ought to consider this.

Edit:  Also, I don't think you should advertise televisions on this hub (the last couple of lines of your article don't help), and your misspellings continue throughout the rest of the text.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

$100 per day on Hubpages, I wish! I made that in December, I suspect I will never see that again.

shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can only dream of ever making a figure like that online, Ryan.  I can write, but I'm not savvy enough with SEO, etc..

Hey, at least I'm consistent with my earnings!  wink

2. rorymullen profile image60
      rorymullenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you shogan, I have fixed the two words that where missed spelled. I have a little trouble with words that sound the same but are spelled differently. Thanks again and hope all works out,

Look through the rest carefully.  I've spotted at least eight more misspellings.  It may or may not mean something to some readers, but given your topic, you want to appear as professional as possible, I'd think.

1. rorymullen profile image60

it is true.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

You are in the wrong forum for this question - it is against HP rules to post a link to your own hub anywhere but the "extreme hub makeover" forum.  It is also poor form to include a tracker in the link.

You need to delete the link and re-post in that forum.

I thought that was the case, too, wilderness, but was only 90% sure.

I apologize and appreciate the comments . I reckon I have not learned about Hubpages enough to promote it properly thanks all.
        The spell checker is not showing anymore miss spelled words
        Ryan you have the amazing opportunity to make 100 every day.

1. profile image0

You probably don't understand what happened on 24th February, but many of us were making lots of money on Hubpages, and no longer are.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4805373_f520.jpg

What you probably don't appreciate, is that the graph will probably get much worse, when Google roll out the new algorithm on a global basis. So I'm sure that I can be forgiven for the pessimism.

I wouldn't be telling people that they can make $100 at current, maybe sometime in the future, if Google allow us our traffic back.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

You also write as if English isn't your first language. There are too many errors to report them all.

And for someone wanting feedback on an expert hub on Hubpages, you should have posted your query in the correct forum, which is Extreme hub Makeover.

Also, your information isn't correct on several points.

How do I write like English is not my first language. I understand my English is not my best suit, but I have seen and read multiple article that where(yes I know its miss spelled) published by reputable authors with great Hub scores. I often ponder, If I use big words have proper punctuation and use proper formatting like everyone else will I be making the money like them. I think not. Izzy I understand some people are disgruntled about the change with Google, and I truly don't think the change will ever get back to the prior earnings. What I am trying to say is, EVERY one writes the same at the top and I have noticed that everyone at the top have noticed a distinct earnings drop.

Ryan you have more then an oppertunity. Even with just 1,000 views a day , means you have 1,000 oppertunitys to make  a sale. Your articles are amazing, and yes I have seen no spelling mistakes, but dont underestamate your self. I have a couple articles that talk about internet investments and why diversity always works

My biggest thing about making money on articles is that every article base has the similar formatting for the articles. A lot of newbies are turned off by the barrage of adds posted, but that is how we make money. I am wondering if we can take Google ads of and just put amazon ads on if we only want Amazon. If you are selling items priced over $100.00 and getting 5% back from it you will be making at least %5.00 per item sold. With 1,000 views daily that's an opportunity to make $5,000 with all visitors buying a product. The odds are that will not happen.
      That is why I will be focusing on products and not information that I have no knowledge on. Products though Amazon has a higher chance to make a living, and if you own 10 websites all you need to do is sell 1 item per day from each website to hit the payment scale I have told people about.

I won't respond to everything (and I know you weren't writing to me), but I will say that product hubs, those that are Amazon-based, seem to have tanked the worst here since the end of February.

I have not noticed that, my last 3 days has been $100 plus days implementing the ideas I am promoting.

You've made $100+ each of the last few days off of 27 hubs written in the last few weeks?  Wow.  I'm sorry, but that's hard to believe.

2. leahlefler profile image95
            leahleflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to see your earnings graphs - I find it rather difficult to believe that you are earning so much money so quickly. I know others have done it in the past (those who are great at SEO or hit on a high traffic/unique niche), but it seems to be fairly rare to generate so much money so quickly.

As for seeing my earnings graph, I will not produce that souly because I am not taking the slightest risk for Google and Amazon to find a reason to delete my accounts. As for me helping people obtain the same earnings, I am more then happy to do so. I acknowledge seeing genuine profit with a picture for proof will help lower the thoughts of BS, anyone with proper brainpower can make there own picture.
              When it comes to my Amazon earning, I am making my earnings from products over $100.00. I am looking at products that grasp at the readers attention, because we all know we have only 10 seconds to get the user to buy. If from the start and after 10 seconds the user or reader has no twinge to buy then they will most likely not.

1. profile image0

2 Days Ago, on the thread What Am I Doing Wrong, you posted this:

"I have 26 Hubs written, and am not making any sort of headway. I understand some of my Hubs are lacking grammar a little, but apart from that my Hubs are only getting on average between 100-150 views, while my Hub profit Has been about $42.00 from adsense and amazon. Please feel free to critique my Hubs and point me to making $50.00 a day. I am kinda born with general knowledge for SEO but everything else is just a little harder for me."

Sorry but you have just showed yourself up as a bit of a t*t. Well, a complete t*t.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
                  DIYweddingplannerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile  Boy, do I feel better!

I don't, unfortunately.  It doesn't make one want to go out of one's way to help others, does it?  ):

For what, Not reading and comprehending statements that you have no understanding of. I understand my lower class spelling may make you think I am some un educated Indian, but that is on the contrary. I have a workable brain and love learning information and teaching people along the way. I have gone though a process trying to learn to spell better and use proper grammar.

The earning is from Hubs not my overall use of Hub page articles. Ryan you are understandable peeved that you think I am offering BS info, but without properly understanding what I am saying you have put me in a situation to say things that needn't be said.

Article based websites are just that, Article based. With my earnings from Hub pages being around $42. from amazon and Adsense and my overall earnings from Amazon being over $100.00 a day now you may understand better.  The $100.00 a day earning was not made until my Facebook campaign using Hubpage articles

I looked over my statements above and noticed no where have I mentioned I have earned $100.00 from Hubpages articles. I have been implementing my articles to make money for me on Amazon and with proper Seo that is what has happened.

1. To Start Again profile image71
                    To Start Againposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you're earning on Hubs but not on the articles you have posted on said hub, then how in the heck are you earning?!?! That's how you earn here, through your hubs. People are getting confused because your statements are confusing.

If you speak in circles (whether intentionally or not, people aren't going to put much value in your statements) that's why they ask for examples, clarifications and proof.

2. shogan profile image76

rorymullen, you responded to my post referring to earnings around "here" tanking since February with your mention of $100 a day.  Then you didn't correct yourself after leahlefler's post pressing you for a graph. 

You can see why people would be thrown off by your claim, no?

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a writing site, and so it is important that those who write here can actually write. Good command of the English language is paramount. You don't have to use big words. I avoid them like the plague myself, but you do have to write in an understandable manner. Too many mistakes turns the reader off.

'Opportunity' is not spelt 'oppertunity'. Write using Chrome and spelling errors will be underlined in red, even on the forums.

As for you earning $100 a day with less than 10,000 views in total, all I can say is b*llocks!

Thats where you are Still not understanding where my articles are making me money Izzy. Thanks for helping me where you are coming from and yes a writing site should be use by people can write properly with good grammar. We all know that will not be the case, in fact I welcome people here who has the limited writing skills. I do not think they will bring this site down OK maybe a little, but with continued usage of this site, I see true potential for people learning English as a second language.( for anyone who has proper word knowledge and grammar skills I am throwing out this title "HubPages and ESL-How to Make Money While Learning English.) 4 amazing keywords and phrases.

4. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 13 years ago

Many of your errors are small, but they add up to a large total: punctuation problems, number issues (singular to plural), your self vs. yourself, convert you to I, hyphenating words, fore most to foremost, capital G, spacing, is to are, no to any, word structure (what is this?), ether to either, you to your.  I'm guessing you get my point.   

Also, a "couple of days to a few weeks" for hubs to mature?  I think you should change it to months, or it comes across as misleading.

5. rorymullen profile image60
    rorymullenposted 13 years ago

To get this straight I have close to 2,00 views on my articles making me $42.00 while on Hubpages with earnings coming from Amazon and Adsense. I have $100.00 days using the promotion of my articles using my new campaign on Facebook.

Am I the only one who is too dumb to understand this?

I think we both must have below average IQs, DIY.

Apparently me too...

I will break it down BARNEY style
            Profit on Hubpages around 42.US dollars
            profit from articles created on Hubpages around $100.00 on Amazon and adsense, not $100 per but$100 combined.
            Explaining 1,000 times:Priceless

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's obvious that you don't understand just how ridiculous that sounds. It's really not even deserving of a response.

Be that as it may, expect some of your hubs to be unpublished very soon. 150-word hubs filled with garbage just don't cut the mustard. All of your hubs that I looked at (with the exception of one) were 200 words or less. That's what HP calls "substandard."

And I find it disgusting that you are exploiting the situation in Japan. Really disgusting.

Childish behavior like that is uncalled for and will continue to cause people to be swayed from this site. You having an option to make my articles unpublished with your tiny e is BS to say the least. Just needed to hear you say that is enough for me to go on my own smear campaign, but with my lack of spelling I guess I have gained some common respect for other peoples work. Obviously someone has MUCH too Much spare time on their hands and needs to be focusing there own time a lot more productively. Yes I am sure I have pissed you off, but don't let that ruin your day. You know just a small bad thought will ruin your day and I don't want that to happen. Smile. Lol but for real no BS aside, Irohner I understand where you may be coming from. My Hubs are small but many of the best performing Hubs are between 250 -400 words. I even thought Hub pages wont publish an article unless it has hit the proper length of words. Most likely I am wrong.

Thats not at all what she was saying. I anm certain of it. I have seen Irohner around this site for a very long time and that is not their angle. What Irohner was saying (correct me if I'm wrong Irohner) was that your hubs fall into a substandard category and moderators will surely find them. Whether readers flag them or the bots discover them, poorly written hubs don't and won't last long here.

"That little e" as you stated doesn't mean they can unpublish what they wish. Go read the FAQ about HubPages Elite program and then start ranting about it.

1. lrohner profile image68

Absolutely. The HP team is really cracking down since the Google slap on what they consider substandard hubs, hubs that don't comply with the rules and duplicate content. A lot of hubbers have seen hubs unpublished recently for one reason or another. Hubs that are too short are prime targets, and most of yours are way too short. Combine that with really poor grammar and content that doesn't add value to a subject, and I'm sure you'll eventually see some of your hubs moderated by the staff.

True but should every one not piss off people or not speak there voice and if they do there Hubs will be the focus of editing. I have had many views and everyone had the opportunity to flag all of my Hubs but have not. It must explain something.

Then why is it she Flagged the 3 articles that held the highest cpc? I dont understand , am I an uneducated Hillbilly.

1. profile image0

Anybody can flag your articles, there are thousands of people reading this forum at any one time (all the more reason for you to cut the crap), they could have been flagged by any user irrespective of whether or not they have participated in this forum thread.

Noted

2. To Start Again profile image71

what makes you think it was her? Could have been anyone, including the staff. There is no way for you or anyone else to know who flagged an article.

True, but if you say incriminating statements on the street like you will fight someone, That is all of the evidence for the cops to press charges. To start I would not expect anything less from you when you are sticking up for the Helpers for this site. It common to put your full faith into the staff and forget they are human with emotions.

what exactly are you 'expecting' from me?
                  The helpers of this site? you mean Irohner? you mean HP elite?? You mean the HUb Staff??

Yeah I back Irohner, like I said I have seen her here a long time. I was here when she started. She knows what she states.

As for the Hub Team, yeah I think they do the best they can.
                  Hubs get flagged, they get unpublished. It happens. If you have a substandard hub and arent willing to admit it and make ALL the necesssary fixes, then EXPECt for it to be flagged.

Moral of the story...don't speak as an expert until you get a little more knowledge. All around.

Then How about you make sure the experts here puts that as one of the rules.

3. ThomasE profile image68
            ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would be remarkably quick work for the site team to respond to a flag in less than an hour.

1. profile image0

So, they may have just followed this thread themselves? Good thinking Thomas E, good thinking wink

Thanks Thomas E for following.

1. ThomasE profile image68
                  ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

The thing is, Rory, I am confused. I have looked at your profile. It shows the 1k accolade, and not the 10k accolade. This means you have less than 10,000 views.

And yet you say you have more than 10k views.

'Tis strange.

I have under 10,000 views but when counting views I count total views on the internet from page views on Facebook to views on Blogs that send traffic to my other sites.

O and how am I exploiting the situation in Japan by warning people of radiation poisoning.

1. lyndre profile image59
          lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are not warning them. You are trying to sell radiation detectors.

Do you honestly not think the authorities have given them a more comprehensive fact list on radiation poisoning than just a sales page?

So you are one of those"Lets trust the government types." Ok no I wrote about the possibilities of radiation seeping into food and also radiation being detected. Millions of Japans citizens have little faith with their government and reported also.

All I can see is "Teacher Teacher Bobby took the best crayon again"

1. lyndre profile image59

I think I would listen to my government before some salesman in America.

3. lyndre profile image59

What is that smell?

Oh I think it might be bull***t

FIND THE WAY I AM EXPLOITING THE SITUATION IN JAPAN AND IF NOT CUT THE CRAP. . i AM IN NO WAY EXPLOITING THE SITUATION EXPLAINING THE SITUATION WITH REACTOR 3 AND OFFERING PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE RADIATION DETECTORS.

6. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

You know in the other thread that Ryan mentions, I asked you to take a serious look at your articles and fix them. I told you to use a word doc to write in to catch the errors. Of course not all the errors are going to be caught, this is where education comes in. You can't use witch when referring to two things in comparison and that has not been changed.

Honestly, instead of helping I feel I should have just flagged said hub and let you work it out with staff. Maybe then you would listen to the ones here who do try to help others.

I have taken your thoughts into consideration and have implemented a friend to start reading and correcting said grammar problems.

7. rorymullen profile image60
    rorymullenposted 13 years ago

Everyone I have noticed 3 of my Hubs are flagged for sub par work. Amazing that they are some of my highest preforming work that has made me some of the most money. Keywords are used and researched properly. I have a feeling I have yanked at some strings with my boasting of my profits. Some people are pissed that some dumb Mainer is making more money than them.
    CHILDISH

1. profile image0

I thought that you seemed like quite a nice guy when you emailed the other day.

My perception has changed full circle with this thread, you now seem like a complete jerk. A dishonest one to boot.

Can I perhaps suggest that you calm down, press the 'x' and go visit YouTube or something, then come back tomorrow and think about how you can be a valuable asset to this community.

I suspect that this would involve you taking the time to read the 'learning centre' which can be found at the bottom of this page. That was written by Darkside, who many people admire, as well as members of the Hubpages team.

I suspect that once you have read this in full, as many of us have, you will be become a better person and a better hubber. And then maybe the people on this thread will be willing to forget your attitude a few months down the line.

I was a bit of a t*t when I first joined Hubpages too, most people have forgiven me for that, but it will require you to back down with this pure bullsh*t and become a hell of a lot more modest. Most importantly, honest.

Although, I don't think that honesty was ever an issue with me, that tends to be a natural trait.

1. profile image0

Thanks Ryan and yes, some post my of made me sound mean and crude. I am just allowing my thoughts to flow as some amazing writers hear have. I can honestly say flagging my higest CPC articles is childish and BS. Why is it that I am not able to make the figures I supposedly lied about. Is it that my spelling is to bad or is it because people who read my article truly understand them and feel comfortable.

rorymullen, I feel like I've been straight with you, right?  Listen, ok?  There are hubbers here who have hundreds of articles and have been here for years, endlessly researching SEO and OSE and ESO (ok, I made up those last two), and they don't make a $100 a day, especially since Google changed its algorithm. 

That's why you're doubted.

Understandable and with my offish attitude and prior readings explaing that Google will deleatwe you if you show your earnings I was mad.

2. profile image0

And especially with less than 10,000 page views.

There was a man from the Keyword Academy that managed it in a few months, but then he must be in the top 0.001% in the world of 'keyword experts'. Sunforged managed a $100 day pretty quickly, but he has years and years of IM experience which has developed a knowledge which is rivalled by very few other hubbers. He also had the benefit of a HUGE Twitter following, which played a part in that.

What Rory probably fails to appreciate is that his lie is transparent because visits from Facebook are counted in his Hubpages traffic stats, which is why he needs to back down.

What he probably also fails to appreciate is that Hubpages have the ability to identify the sites highest earnings, and that they could (if they wanted) verify that he is not earning $100 a day from his Hubpages articles.

Unless he is saying that his articles are published elsewhere, in which case that would also be grounds for the removal of his Hubpages.

My facebook campaign is showing views Yes. But with the continued views that my articles get on Facebook, it does not count the other products that I am selling on Amazon. I have a vast collections of Blogs and sites that I have use my article ideas on. You do not need to use the article on other sites to think its creating a lasting passive income for you.

1. profile image0

rorymullen, let's say that you have made $100 a day for 3 days from your Hubpages. During those 3 days you have 2000 view.

That would be an earnings per 1000 of $150. The typical earnings per 1000 is probably $6.

I hope now you can understand why everybody thinks, or knows, that you are talking poop.

Let me explain further. You post a link to your Hubpage on Facebook, some people visit your Hubpage. They are included in that 2000 views. It doesn't matter how you are getting the traffic, the fact remains that you would probably be earning more per 1000 views than any other Internet marketer in the world.

That's a little like me saying that I have a 15 inch willy.

I have not made again $100 on Hubpages from my articles. I have made $100.00 from adsense rom other site that are using my article ideas. Never have I said I have made $100.00 on Hubpages.
                  Links posted on Facebook is counted yes but if you have other adds on the page that are directing people to products then I am calling that profit for articles on Hubpages.

"Retire Early- Why I Write For HubPages- Make a $100 a Day"

your hub title. A little misleading then, wouldn't you think? seems like a reason hubs get flagged "misleading title, tags or category"

2. lrohner profile image68

Nobody here would know what your highest CPC articles are. That's impossible. The HP team could probably figure it out if they wanted to, but it would be quite an effort as they would have to go into their huge database to pull out the ad impressions on their 40% share of impressions on your hubs and analyze them. Enough with the conspiracy theories, okay?

And your hubs could have been flagged days ago. No hubbers know if their hubs have been flagged or when. We only find out once the HP team gets around to moderating them. And even then, we only know if they actually take action. Sheesh.

Come on I can scan your articles now and flag all of your highest paying articles with no problem .Please it is common sense that certain keywords like Tattoomenow is high paying. I did a proper review on the site and even covered the scam review. Flagged. High paying location Hubs focusing on restaurants are high paying CPC , common knowledge stuff. Flagged. Come on and even my weight loss niche article is flagged HIGH CPC come on I tousled come feathers and felt the slap. I will quit for today but I am calling BS when people sday they cant call out High CPC words. If you can then we know why you are not making as much as I am.

Did you not read what I wrote? If and when someone flags your hubs, it could be days or weeks before the HP team gets around to moderating them. There are 3,000 hubs published each day here -- it's not all about you.

And if someone did indeed flag your hubs and it wasn't just the HP team doing their job of moderating substandard content, it most likely happened when they went through the hubhopper. I doubt many people would have let your hubs go through and NOT flag them.

And you are making broad assumptions that people here actually believe your claims. I do not. And I am absolutely certain that I do earn more than you online.

I am sure you do but when have you ever had to prove your earning outside of work.

I have never felt the need to prove anything to anyone. Full stop.

You made a claim. We called BS. Done. You don't need to prove anything.

8. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

You should think about telling the truth in these forums, rorymullen. People know very quickly when you are a fake.

A fake would run, I am explaining my actions.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Straying away from the main discussion that's going on in this thread for awhile, in order to make a general observation about fakes:

The most skilled and "best" fakes go undetected.

The less-skilled and second-best fakes never run.  They'll hold their ground, stick with their story, and look you in the eye (because they've heard that looking someone in the eye makes a person seem honest).  In the meantime, the second-best fakes give off all kinds of "fake vibes" to pretty much everyone who runs into them; but because second-best fakes tend to think they're smarter than everyone else, they don't think anyone else picks up on those "fake vibes" (and they think they're too smart to being "giving off fake vibes" anyway).

It's only the least skilled, least sure, fakes who'll run.

(And that concludes my general observation about fakes.  Returning  you now to your previous "program" of discussing earnings potential and the importance, or lack of importance, of using good grammar.)

9. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

I know it is standard for some so-called online earning experts to lie about what they are acheiving, but it is not a good look. When you say 'earn from hubs' people will assume you means from he hubs themselves.

1. profile image0

It ruins it for those of us who work extremely hard online, then feel the need to try and share our genuine success, only to be accused of lying or being asked for proof.

It is true, would you honestly ask someone at your daytime job to show earnings

Thanks for clearing this up, I will explain better.

10. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

I thought you promised to quit...

Right on Will, It is hard to let accusations lay.

I have had 2 clicks foe 1.21 total for this article today. Hope my earnings for this article is good on Amazon.

I would first like to apologize for getting heated. All of the Hubbers had an excellent reason why to ponder and write that I have not made the amount I have stated. Due to my lack of grammar structure we had a misunderstanding and now I am glad we all are happy.

All I was trying to do was promote and attempt to start using my referral trackers

11. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

My 2 cents here, if you are promoting TV's on a 'how to make money online' hub then you are definitely on the wrong track.

How am I on the wrong track when people can use the t.vs to plug there modem into and have the opportunity to be able to work better. I use a big tv and have seen an increase.

roll

see where I am coming from. I may be wrong and if so please tell me.

Ummmm...I'm pretty sure that's what everyone here has been saying...

I had the conclusion it was about my earnings and not what I promoted

12. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I was under impression that only aussies used to be racist on/off the internet. Thanks for proving me wrong. I wonder how many insults are left other than 'Spam breeder country', and 'Uneducated People'. Keep them coming, thank you.

lol

2. profile image0

What's this about Aussies? Most of our Aussies are really nice, like Darkside, WryLilt and Earnesthub, in fact that is three of the nicest people on the site!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's just to lull you into a false sense of security.

But seriously, no one knows where people are from unless they tell us.  I could actually be just a very well educated wombat.

2. skyfire profile image78
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to deviate this thread into racism talks. I'm sorry for that previous reply but couldn't stopped myself. I agree - DS and Earnest are the best. That 'spam breeder country' comment was from WryLilt. There are many other racist comments like this one from other aussies.

1. profile image0

I'm sure that every country has people with ill-concieved perceptions of those from other countries, recently I have been battling a few misconceptions from people in various countries about the less than glorious history of the UK smile

It is true that India has a few problems with corrupt individuals, particularly when it comes to AdSense fraud, but most of us know better than to paint you all with the same brush. And, of course, Google themselves found a solution to that problem.

Corruption exists in all countries in varied forms. I discovered the click fraud problems when searching for the term 'AdSense' on Facebook. I put it down to you being a fast developing country, many people perhaps have only been online for a year or two, and as such just have a fair bit to learn about just how advanced the technology is smile

I do take a fair proportion of my spam blog comments from India, but that said there are plenty of Indian hubbers on Hubpages that I would allow on Excerptz in a heartbeat. I also take an equally large proportion from US, UK and Austrlia based servers running widespread non-manual backlink spammers. So those countries are no better. The most prolific country for spamming that I have found is probably China.

Did you confront WryLilt after she had made that comment? And if so, did she apologise? She has always seemed pretty nice to me, maybe she just made a little mistake without thinking straight?

13. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

No. I don't think that's necessary. She's very helpful to hubbers here so i respect her right to comment even if it's coming in wrong line of reasoning.

As for spam from asia (india- included) is because of outsourcing and state of the economy. Xrummer servers, blog commenting gigs and backlink gigs from non-asian marketers is the prime reason behind the spam. It's all about money. Being a marketer from uneducated/spammer country it's going to be insulting for those if we ask to clarify when they pass such racist comments. In this age of outsourcing, we (3rd world folks) are expendable like acid, afterall.

No hard feelings from my side for her (or aussies), ryan. But i just can't stop myself when someone pass such remarks and then look down on us by saying that we're playing the victim card. Maybe i need to avoid such threads(or remarks) from now on ? Yes. I'm not surprised that you hold much broader view of international issues, ryan. Cool as always. smile

Sorry for tangent replies rory.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)