Obama's Income Plummets

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Maybe he can talk Bill Ayers into writing another best seller for him. 

Or maybe he could write a book about the presidency through the eyes of a little kid living in the White House.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/120170344.html

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The President paid almost half a million in taxes. He's not making as much as Sarah Palin, but Sister Sarah is only in it for the money.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really think that Obama is a heavenly angel who isn't influenced by incentives?

Damn! I gotta get me some better publicity! That entire "toying with the dreams and hopes of every American" campaign really worked!

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My opinion is that Sarah quit as governor to cash in before her 15 minutes expired.

Obama would not quit his job or withdraw his candidacy in 2012 for any amount of money. Just my opinion.

Regarding Obama being no angel... national politics is no place for angels.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image59
            weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course that's your opinion.   Your opinions are based on nothign but prejudice and hatred.     Fact has never, EVER made it into your consciousness.

1. recommend1 profile image60
              recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny - I have never seen hatred in any of Doug's posts.  The normal smidgeon of prejudice that we all exhibit from time to time, a few facts here and there, but nothing that qulaifies as hate.  I have seen him trash you in every exchange you have had - would this be the issue ???????

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

No sh*t...he's been WAY too nice already.

All you have to do is throw their actions back on their words, and they fold like a cheap deck of cards.

Did you know, we lost 2.4 million jobs in the Bush years?

This after they got 2 rounds of tax cuts.

Can someone call them on that? Trump?

3. Maembe profile image60
    Maembeposted 13 years ago

Not surprising.  In 2008 he was a brand new and exciting candidate.  In 2009 he had just become president.

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama's new buzz word for this campaign is "compassion."   Why not?  He stole "hope" and "change" from Bill Clinton.   Now he's lifting "compassion" from George Bush.

Thing is it's so funny!

In 2007 people BELIEVED in HOPE http://www.booak.com/emoticons/graphics/rainbow/02.gif CHANGE.  As in Obama's gonna pay my mortgage!!! http://allpoetry.com/s/images/smile/ecstatic.gif

Now he's going to ask people to believe he FEELS SORRY FOR THEM!!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/cry-blow.gif

A domestic APOLOGY TOUR.   http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif

4. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Maybe Obama could get a job posting political threads in forums - it seems to pay or so many would not be doing it I guess.

Where do I go to sign up again ?

It's not as easy as it looks, man.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1773/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1773-37639.jpg

5. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

That looks like a good right wing political job - paid for lifting a finger now and again, supported by 'others' and got the job in return for sexual favours - I am not sure about the whole a@@-licking thing but if this is the recruiter - where do I sign up ?

Your language and thought process is more that of a Democrat, perhaps you could apply at change.gov?

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh no - I am quite happy to consider being a right wing political word-whore if the money is right.  My thinking is definately not in any way similar to Republican or Democrat if either could be  even be considered thinking.  Neither is it any other party or -ism or -archy.

So - where do I sign up  ?  You must know

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Yeah, the Obamas have fallen on hard times. Presidents don't get year-end bonuses like they do on Wall Street.
    Too bad he can't get a gig on Fox News.
    Maybe after 2016....

P.S. Lifting "compassion" from George Bush? Must be Senior.
    There isn't an ounce of compassion in W.
    Lack of empathy comes with the territory of untreated alcoholism...

7. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

History is so boring. . .

In the June 11, 2000, New York Times article "Bush Draws Campaign Theme From More Than 'the Heart'," Alison Mitchell writes:

"Ask Gov. George W. Bush of Texas about the intellectual origins of his campaign's mantra and he says, 'compassionate conservatism is first and foremost springing from the heart.'

"Yet well before Mr. Bush began building his presidential campaign around the words 'compassionate conservative'--reshaping the image of his party to follow suit--a cadre of thinkers on the right had been trying for years to fashion a form of conservatism that rejected the welfare state but did not turn its back on the poor. And with his campaign strategist, Karl Rove, acting as his guide, Mr. Bush began reading their books and meeting them, even before his first race for governor.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti … nservative

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great Link!

heres a keeper to remember:

"The man who ran as a compassionate conservative in 2000 plans to run as a "war president" in 2004."

Of course, the link in no way supports your statement that O stole "compassion" from W

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)