Go Easy on us Hubbers who have been here...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)
  1. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

before all them new-fangled "your the best" buttons were installed on Hub Pages.

Just cause some of us got 3, 8, and 12 ratings under the various categories of: good writer, cool, funny, brilliant, handsome, or this many: _____ think you need mental therapy. Don't mean we got un-equal comment button rating potential...that's all I'm try to say big_smile.

So, go easy on us Hubbers that were here "pre-fancy comment" buttons, Please.

And remember to Support your local Hubbers...Thank You.

(Disclaimer: This message was not intended or designed by any real purpose to sound like an official Hub Page notification. Any similiarities are purely 'cause the one who made this is slightly off his rocker!)

1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sooooo frustrated with all of this.  I get a violation notice and it's so vague that I have no idea what it is that is causing it.  But, I go ahead and take whatever it is off and spend HOURS taking whatever I think it is off of all my other hubs only to find out that that wasn't it!!!!

I'm getting very angry.  I've been here for over 3 years and I've put a lot of time and effort into my hubs.  I have almost 800 fans and I feel like we are being treated very poorly.  It's ridiculous.

manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brie: Sorry to hear that...! I think your concerns and length you have been here should be considered before having you thrash into your hubs with out a clear undrstanding of what needs fixin'

Forum Note: OK...I was bored and just having fun with my quirky humor weirdness...with this thread...but if you got something to say...Go on and get it out on the table. What could it hurt?

maybe...it might even clear up the air.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
          Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had put on all my hubs "if you would like to write for hp click here"  So now they are saying that this is an unrelated link!  The hub they picked was one of my most popular hubs, it was unpublished...which in turn caused a broken link message to go on about 20% of my hubs because the RSS feed I had ..had that hub.

What I am wondering is what's the difference between having that sentence on my hubs and having an RSS feed link with other hubs.  It's seems pretty petty to me.  I have almost 200 hubs and every time they find something (that was fine for 3 years) I have to go in and edit every single hub.  Really I don't know why I bother, I don't make enough money here to be doing all this crap.

2. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Anybody... ?

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

Thanks Cags!

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so funny! LOLOLOLO big_smile after being here so long I just roll with the punches. smile

Yep...AE...I am sure that you do. Glad your still with us!

3. wheelinallover profile image75
    wheelinalloverposted 13 years ago

I am a newbie on hub pages, been here two months now. I am still learning as I am sure the oldsters are what all the buttons mean and do.  Fan mail lets me know if what I have written has value to anyone, these along with comments are the most important parts to my way of thinking. For anything to remain good there are always going to be changes. I see positive changes in Hub pages already since I have been writing here. My biggest regret is I don't have enough time to learn everything there is to learn in any kind of hurry.

4. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Hi manly, I just ignore all the "you're the best" buttons and all the ratings so I'm not even sure what you're talking about. I don't pay attention to the Accolades and the only Karma I care about has nothing to do with my hubs.

It seems like too much of a popularity contest, it's all obviously subjective, and I find it confusing and distracting.

So, I don't pay attention to any of it and I'm sure if I ever did, I'd probably be horrified by my own stats. But since I don't, there's no stress and no mess inside my head to give me false bravado or to make me insecure.

I do agree with wheelinallover that the comments and feeback from fans is very helpful, but all the other bells and whistles hold no appeal for me.
    I measure myself by my own standards not by anybody else's, and my bar is set pretty high. And manly, we are all off our rockers just a little bit, don't ya think? wink

Hi Disturbia...Great comment BTW! I have to agree with the points you made about "popularity contest"...and being subjective. Seriously Agree!

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Well, to tell the truth, MPM, I hold old-timers like you to a higher standard of conduct than newer hubbers.

It's a standard not represented by any "button." And is not likely to be added to the accolades count anytime soon.

It is a standard of my own making. It can apply equally to male hubbers and female hubbers, as well as hubbers of indeterminate gender.

It most DEFINITELY applies to you, MPM.

Are you ready for Mighty Mom's Recognition of Old-Time Hubbers?

You, sir, are   OLD! lol lol lol

But then, so am I. So is AEvans. So are many, many of the absolute bestest personalities in our community!
    That includes Ms. Brie Hoffman, Disturbia, Cags ... the list reads like a "who's who" of Hub Pages.

Say it loud: I'm OLD and I'm PROUD! lol

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, Oh dear, I'm not!  I may be "aging" but I will never be OLD!  big_smile  Thanks for including me in your list Might Mom.  I feel honored.  Here I thought I'd been flying under the radar all this time and nobody ever noticed me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)