Rupture on October 21?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (29 posts)
  1. rob_allen profile image68
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

Okay, Harry Camping, the evangelist who predicted that May 21 would be the doomsday(which didn't happen) said that it was moved on October 21. What will you tell/do to him is you meet him face to face?

1. profile image57
      MorganRogerDentalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing, doomsday may come, but not specific which day it will occur.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

"Rupture is right!
    The old fella is a thief and a liar.
    I'd be asking him to return the money to his followers.

3. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 12 years ago

I would tell him
    "There's no end to the gullibility of a large number of people on this planet. Aren't you ashamed of the way you are tapping into it?"

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep! I reckon most of his followers will accept the new time. smile

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
      optimus grimlockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

couldn't say it any better!!!!!!!!!!!

4. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

Challenge him to some sort of compensation, if he's wrong (again!).

Betcha he wouldn't pay up! lol

PS, What's with the 21(st). Is that some cosmic trigger number or something?

"Hey guys, I'm coming back for y'all on the 21st! It's up to you to guess the 21st of what. lol "---God.

lol lol It is starting to look a bit like the 21st has something special about it! smile

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well if its rupture day, maybe it could be National Hernia Day instead?

Good idea! I reckon the old coot got a hernia carrying his wallet. smile

I'm sure that he doesn't have any reservations about adding to his load between now and October, and lightening his devoted followers wallets for both their benefit and convenience!

Always be happy to take the strain and you are bound to have a happy rupture!

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nimrod died before his 21st birthday during a pig hunting accident. That's the reason 21st birthdays are celebrated - you've lived longer than a god.

Thank you WryLilt, that is very interesting, and something I did not know. smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A whole range of pagan celebrations can be traced back to Tammuz, Semiramas (sp?) and their son Nimrod. For example old old carvings and paintings of a mother and child. smile

And other things such as rosary beads, christmas, easter etc.

The ancient Egyptians used triads of deities comprising father, mother and son too - Osiris, Isis and Horus or Amun, Mut and Khonsu.

There is nothing new under the sun - we humans just keep recycling old ideas

2. earnestshub profile image80

a couple more here I did not know. Thanks! smile

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Why would you bother? Talking to the man would be a waste of breath. You wouldn't get a coherent response. He's immersed in this insanity.

He isn't a scheister, he's crazy.

You may be right. He is at least crazy. smile

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Definitely crazy. I've never understood why, instead of institutionalizing people like this, we let them sell religion.

I think the government uses it to ferret out other people prone to madness. They probably already have a dossier on anyone that paid for a billboard or drove around with a sign on their car.

6. Benbalsam Lee profile image59
    Benbalsam Leeposted 12 years ago

It is a fable tale as to cry "wolf' and no one know the day

7. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

A Swedish scientist named John Calleman has studied the Mayan Calender, and says the alignment will happen on Oct 28, 2011.
    This could be the rapture?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Were the Mayans Christians?

8. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5085487_f248.jpg

9. rob_allen profile image68
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

well, it's his money making strategy!LOL

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

Rupture?  now I understand it - all that time I was thinking it was r a p t u r e - as in ecstatic feeling of transformation and

actually - it is rupture - meaning being ripped apart somehow or other or missing out entirely.  I look forward to my rupture, whenever it happens.

11. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

why is this joker given any creedence at all?

Well when people believe myths are fact they will believe almost anything. smile

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
        DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To piggy back on your statement...

I would say that once a person accepts one myth as fact...they will reject all other myths as fairytales because it does not align with their "faith".

They believe in "God" but reject Santa, Fairies, Zeus,ect...

When in actuality if research was done...they would find that all these "myths" are intertwined throughout history.

12. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

If anything this nut job has gotten people to take a step back and think about there lives and how they treat people (hopefully) Thats what I did after I was done laughing about this guy. I came to the conclusion having a job that helps kids would be something I could do and help future generations so its a win win for me, I just hope I get it!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)