Advanced Medical Knowledge In The Bible

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (98 posts)
  1. heavenbound5511 profile image64
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

In numerous instances the Bible contains medical information that far predates man's actual discoveries of related principles in the field of medicine. The medical instructions given by Moses to the Israelites some 3500 years ago were not only far superior to the practices of contemporary cultures, they also exceeded medical standards practiced as recently as 100 years ago. Where did Moses get this advanced information? Following are some examples of the medical knowledge afforded the Israelites in biblical times:

Bacteria- It is no wonder that God commanded the Levitical priests to burn the garments of leprosy victims! (Leviticus 13:52)

Laws of Quarantine:
    In the same Med-Planet encyclopedia cited above we read that "It was not until 1873 that leprosy could be shown to be infectious rather than hereditary."2 Of course God knew this all along, as His laws to Moses reveal (Leviticus 13, 14, 22, Numbers 19:20). His instructions regarding quarantine to prevent the spread of leprosy and other infectious diseases are nothing short of remarkable, considering that this life-saving practice was several thousand years ahead of its time. Infected persons were instructed to isolate themselves outside the camp until healed, and were to shave and wash thoroughly. The priests that administered care were instructed to change their clothes and wash thoroughly after inspecting a plague victim.

It should be re-emphasized that the Israelites were the only culture to practice quarantine until the last century, when medical advances finally demonstrated the importance of sanitation and isolation during plagues. The devastating black plague of the 14th century that claimed millions of lives was not broken until the church fathers in Vienna began encouraging the public to start following the guidelines as set forth in the Bible. The promising results in Vienna compelled other cities to follow suit, and the dreaded plague was finally eradicated3.

Sanitary Practices-sound sanitary practices that we take for granted today only began to flourish about a 100 years ago.
    (See Numbers 19:3-22, Lev. 11:1-47; 15:1-33, Deut 23:12).

The First Antiseptic:

Hyssop oil was charged by God to Moses to be used as a purifying agent. Hyssop oil has been shown to contain 50% antifungal and antibacterial agents (Numbers 19:18, Psalm 51:7).

Circumcision and Blood Clotting:
    For centuries scholars must have been perplexed by God's law of circumcision which required the procedure to be performed on the 8th day after birth (Gen 17:12, 21:14, Lev 12:3, Luke 2:21). Medical researchers recently discovered that the two main blood clotting factors, Vitamin K and Prothrombim, reach their highest level in life, about 110% of normal, on the 8th day after birth. These blood clotting agents facilitate rapid healing and greatly reduce the chance of infection. You can verify with any Obstetrician that the 8th day of life is the ideal time for a circumcision, and that any circumcision done earlier requires an injection of Vitamin K supplement.

Dietary Guidelines-
    By the 1980s, all the health organizations of the United States had adopted low-fat, high fiber dietary guidelines.  This was the culmination of numerous scientific studies that had demonstrated that diets high in vegetables, fruits, and grains reduced the risk of heart disease, cancer, and many other diseases.  Secular physicians generally agree that these dietary guidelines that were producing longer life spans were first developed by religious movements founded in the 1800s, particularly by the Seventh-day Adventists.  Where did the Seventh-day Adventists get their guidelines?   From a meticulous and careful study of the Bible4.  It appears man has finally caught up to the dietary recommendations given by God to the Israelites some 3500 years ago!

There are a lot more than this in the bible that are advanced medical cures way before anyone else figured it out. God is awesome and when He has told us their's nothing new under the sun He was right.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

medical knowledge?  What a joke!

Seems god had a fondness for burning healthy animals too.
      Menstruating women were also quarantined - how silly.
      They would have found that babies bled to death if they did their ritual foreskin mutilation earlier.  Why is such a bizarre ritual needed at all?
      Diet - and so many of us are allergic to these healthy foods - how strange?

heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Baileybear-You're so sweet.

Angry at God?  Or the thought of God it seems like.

Sorry you have to/choose to lash out every time the truth is in front of you!

God does love you and will wait on you to make the right choice.

I pray that God gives you revelation of Jesus Christ- in Jesus name.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, you have no actual response the medically incorrect information in the Bible?

At the beginning of the twentieth century our medical knowledge was abysmal. The existence of germs was unknown until around A.D. 1890. Yet, the first five books of the Bible, known as the Torah, or the Law, recorded by Moses approximately 1491-1451 B.C., reveal advanced principles and knowledge about hygiene and sanitation.

This knowledge exceeded the level of knowledge possessed by the Egyptians and other ancient societies of that day. Could this be strong evidence that a divine creator inspired the Bible? What other rational explanation is there for this precise medical knowledge in the five books of the Law. God promised Israel that if they obeyed His commandments, then He would protect them from the sicknesses that afflicted the ancient Egyptians. This powerful promise is found in Exodus 15:26, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you."

Despite their advanced astronomical and engineering knowledge, the Egyptian's level of medical knowledge was primitive and dangerous. Yet, they prided themselves on their medical knowledge as revealed in various medical manuscripts that have survived the ravages of time, including the Papyrus Ebers, written about the time of Moses.

As an example of the primitive state of their medical knowledge, consider the Egyptian doctor's suggestion for healing an infected splinter wound. It involves the application of an ointment mixture composed of the blood of worms mixed with the dung of a donkey. The germs and tetanus in donkey's dung assured that the patient would rapidly forget the pain of his splinter as he died from an assortment of other diseases produced by his doctor's contaminated medicine.

Another dangerous medical practice was the cure for a crying baby. Fly dung from the wall; is made into a drink and fed to the infant for four days.

They promised the crying would cease quickly. No doubt the deadly drink killed the helpless baby. The pharmacies of ancient Egypt provided prescriptions using "lizards' blood, putrid meat, stinking fat, moisture from pigs' ears, excrete from humans, donkeys, antelopes, dogs, cats, and flies." This list is quoted from pages of the Papyrus Ebers manuscript as translated in S.E. Massengill's A Sketch of Medicine and Pharmacy.

The Bible records that Moses was adopted and grew up as the son of "Pharaoh's daughter." As a royal prince, he was taught the secrets of the most advanced culture of the day, including it's medical arts. The Book of Acts (7:22) tells us that; "And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds."

Moses Resisted the natural human tendency to add his own education to what God told him and wrote exactly what God inspired him to write. Any intelligent reader must ask this question: Where did Moses obtain his advanced medical knowledge if God did not tell him? The ancient cultures did not understand germs, sanitation and other medical advances taught in the Bible thirty-five centuries ago.

2. profile image0

so addressing your errors is 'lashing out at God'?  Hilarious!

2. Kenneth Ray profile image64
        Kenneth Rayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The burning of animals happens today without religious ceremony. Ever had a burger? Or a steak?  The priests would eat the meat of the sacrificed animals and the fat was burned.  The reason menstruating women were quarantined was the blood flow was messy and also to keep the men from having sex with the women during these times. This was to ward off infection.  They didn't know it at the time;but we know today.

Um, you could deal wit the "mess" of a period they same way then as now and having sex with a gal on her period won't infect anyone with anything.

It had to do with a mistaken idea in the culture that menstrual blood was tainted and dangerous in a way that it simply isn't.  Much the same as the rule against wearing mixed fiber clothing (any one wearing polycotton?  Stone them!)

The Old Testament law had many rules about "body fluids," including not having sex during menstruation. Because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, we are no longer under the Law, and we do not have to avoid eating pork, avoid clothes made of two materials, or avoid marital relations during menstruation. Some suggest abstaining from sex during menstruation is a part of the Law we are supposed to still keep, but these same people ignore all the other restrictions given for a menstruating woman; among other things menstruating women were not allowed to cook or share a bed with their husband. There is no biblically-valid way to separate the Old Testament instructions regarding menstruation into two categories, so we must either follow all of them or be free from all of them.

1. profile image0

now why have all those silly laws in the first place?

If we all knew why for everything than we would be God- and sense we therefore are not God we do not know everything-only what God reveals.

Seriously I would really like to know the details how and what went wrong when you were attempting to seek God- did you even try to figure out what was missing or not taught- or revealed to you- or if for some reason someone led you away from God in error.
                The actual details instead of just showing your disappointment, hurt, that turned to anger and total rejection of God.
                If I would of stayed where I went as a child I would of not known the power of God, or how Jesus can personally heal me and so much more.
                So if you would share the exact offense, when you 1st became offended- than I would know where you're coming from. So many people have been hurt by others that supposedly know God and they don't- or there missing some main key for victory. You may not get what I am saying- but I have talked to so many people that were hurt and left a church- and the church was guilty of teaching wrong- not the person that was offended.
                One church teaching wrongly or doing wrong doesn't represent the truth or way to God. It is a silly thing to not back track and go back over this to see what was missing or wrong. It is something that hurt you so why not try to understand anything beyond this total rejection of God?

1. profile image0

Ah, finally something that might have been written by you. I've written about all this in my hubs - starting with my 2 ex-christian hubs

2. Kenneth Ray profile image64
            Kenneth Rayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at this article. http://www.healthcaremagic.com/articles … ation/7408
            I describes the risks the woman takes when she decides to have sex during her time of the month. It's food for thought if you are a woman.

1. profile image0

there might be slightly increased risks if she sleeps around. 
              I couldn't be bothered with the messiness personally.  Neither is hubby.  Yet I still sleep in my own bed when menstruating.
              How ridiculous that these women had to be sent out of the camp, where they could have been raped or eaten by wild animals.

2. profile image0

what, you eat charcoal?  I eat meat cooked, not burnt

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

charcoal is healthy

1. profile image0

charred meat is carcinogenic (cancer causing)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/07/02/ho … index.html

Activated charcoal powder is an amazing substance and there are many benefits of activated charcoal. It adsorbs more poisons than any other substance known to mankind.

Did you know about these benefits of activated charcoal?
                It can adsorb lead acetate, strychnine, DDT, many drugs (including cocaine, iodine, penicillin, aspirin, phenobarbital), and inorganic substances (chlorine, lead, and mercury).

Activated charcoal powder can adsorb thousands of times its own weight in gases, heavy metals, poisons, and other chemicals; thus it renders them ineffective and harmless. As this absorption ability is one of the major benefits of activated charcoal, this substance is routinely used in hospitals and by physicians.
                http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/ … -charcoal/

1. profile image0

charred meat is NOT activated charcoal - get your facts straight

I was replying to you eat charcoal comment you made.smile
                    Even though I posted the reply under the wrong statement.
                    Like it matters anyways because all your reactions are in the same spirit.

3. cheaptrick profile image73
        cheaptrickposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can answer the one about circumcision B B.It was a sign of the separation of the Israelite men from the rest of the world.Apparently,they were fond of walking around with their Ding Dongs hanging out so people could see the difference...which almost convinced me of joining up until i pictured a razor blade in my pants...The Christians understood this um...unwillingness to have their pee pee shortened and first told potential converts they had eliminated the shortened wiener requirement.Walla!more converts than you can shake a di...I mean Stick at!See!it's just that simple!

1. profile image0

lol

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My God, Our God is all knowing and all knowldegable. There is nothing that He does not know, and does not have an answer to.
      It may take mankind thousands of years to discover that which God already knew and tried to share with us.

For instance there is a very good reason to not try to live in a germ and bacteria free environment. The immune system was created to battle these, but remove them and the immune system would collapse. Re-introduce these germs and bacteria and without a viable immune system you would all die.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, your god created a germ and bacteria environment and then created an immune system to battle it or else we would die? lol

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
          Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup guess so.

Wouldn't you rather think, understand and know than guess?

2. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

why is that funny? Those germs and bacteria serve a purpose in the natural world. The human immune system was designed to keep those germs/bacteria from harming us. If not mistaken, science has shown all natural germs and bacteria to exist in the human body and also their antibodies.

James.

Some of them serve the purpose of killing people in order to reproduce, and that's it.  Whihc does make "Gods" ways rather mysterious.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Ah, nice to see you wish to go down that road, please explain gods purpose for creating germs and bacteria in the natural world?

smile

1. jacharless profile image74

One exemplification for certain, is many bacterium and germs are used to subdue and deteriorate/compost the plant kingdom. You know, so you can keep delaying your end-result existence, with that thing humans call breathing. Other germs and bacteria actually keep you from bleeding out and speed in healing, in conjunction with your immune system.

Keep it Movin' Einstein....lol

James.

1. Evolution Guy profile image60
                Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

U R so brave. LOL

nods.

been a hot minute, Marcus, how is life across the Pond?

That's odd, why would your god do such things? Seems more like evolutionary changes rather than creationism? smile

First, not my god.
                  Second, evolution did not just 'happen' all by its lonesome.

According to the Vedas Archives, even Torah and other documents, your evolutionary idea of germs/bacteria is false, as many are noted having lived quite a long time with these germs/bacteria side-by-side with humans.

Albeit, changes in human behavior and industrialization have changed how germs/bacterium effect humans, but the germs themselves have never changed. They may have migrated or united with other germs to form 'super bugs' but the general make up of the germ has never changed.

To me, your theories are a bit exaggerated and foolish. For example, here is just one of many scientific 'facts' about these little critters:

"For example, we can trace the development of the adaptive immune system in humans and other jointed vertebrates to an HGT insertion about 400 million years ago."

4 MM years ago? Really. And how did they do that insertion back then. Or are they now 'carbon dating' germs in the present day human esophagus and calling it fact?

Funny, because most illusionists err- evolutionists say humans have existed on 250 K years. So which "non-biblical" theory is correct. Neither, maybe? Hmmm.

Really? Do tell.

lol That's funny stuff.

Wow, I see your post offers much in the way of disinformation and ignorance. Why not read the article from which you lifted that quote?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 114638.htm

3. heavenbound5511 profile image64

Moses Resisted the natural human tendency to add his own education to what God told him and wrote exactly what God inspired him to write. Any intelligent reader must ask this question: Where did Moses obtain his advanced medical knowledge if God did not tell him? The ancient cultures did not understand germs, sanitation and other medical advances taught in the Bible thirty-five centuries ago.

The laws of Moses contained specific laws and sanitation procedures that, would eliminate the dreadful diseases that afflicted the Egyptians of that day and still afflict people in the Third World today. It is fascinating to note that out of the 613 biblical commandments found in the Torah, 213 were medical regulations that insured the good health of the children of Israel.

Until this century, Doctors believed that the presence and transmission of disease was governed by random chance or luck. Those who were sick with deadly diseases were cared for in the home without any awareness of the contagious transmission of disease to other family members. People had no idea that invisible deadly microscopic germs could exist on eating and cooking utensils.

In Leviticus 6:28, (written over thirty-five hundred years ago) is a clear commandment to discard used pottery that may be contaminated with bacteria (the glaze may have been cracked and could contain harmful germs): "But the earthen vessel in which it (the meat) is boiled shall be broken. And if it is boiled in a bronze pot, it shall be both scoured and rinsed in water." In other words, vessels subject to contamination should be discarded. Metal pots should be disinfected by scouring and rinsing in water.

Over the years these instructions saved hundreds of thousands of Jews from infections at a time when the world didn't know about germs. How could Moses have known of the dangers of infectious germs in cooking and eating utensils thousands of years ago unless God inspired him to write these words?

Moses' writing also reveals a knowledge of deadly germs associated with dead bodies. Throughout history people stored and cooked their meat with ample spices to delay the rotting and to disguise the smell of decay. Without refrigeration, the eating of meat was often hazardous because of the danger of infection.

In Leviticus 11:35, Moses wrote, "And everything on which a part of any such carcass falls shall be unclean; whether it is an oven or cooking stove, it shall be broken down; for they are unclean, and shall be unclean to you."

God inspired Moses to record these medical and sanitation instructions in the Bible to protect the Israelites from deadly germs found in dead animals. Leviticus 7:24 forbids the people to eat of the flesh of any animal that has died naturally of disease or by wild animals: "And the fat of a beast that dies naturally, and the fat of what is torn by wild animals, may be used in any other way; but you shall by no means eat it."

An animal carcass found after natural death would be dangerous to eat because it would likely contain the germs that caused its death. Infectious germs develop within hours of an animal killed by another animal. The children of Israel were saved from germs and diseases by following these religious laws given by their God through Moses.

"This is the law when a man dies in a tent: All who come into the tent and all who are in the tent shall be unclean seven days; and every open vessel, which has no cover fastened on it, is unclean. Whoever in the open field touches one who is slain by a sword or who has died, or a bone of a man, or a grave, shall be unclean seven days. And for an unclean person they shall take some of the ashes of the heifer burnt for purification from sin, and running water shall be put on them in a vessel" (Numbers 19:14-17).

Germs from a dead human body are dangerous to humans. These deadly germs are everywhere, but especially within the bodies of those who are already sick or those who have died due to some disease. Why the seven day waiting period? That gave time to see if the person got ill from touching the dead body.

A brilliant Hungarian doctor of the last century named Ignaz Semmelweis, understood the control of deadly infectious diseases. Articles in the book, None Of These Diseases by S. I. McMillen, M.D., and in the Encyclopedia Britannica documents the work of Semmelweis.

As a young doctor in Vienna in 1845 he was appalled by the staggering death rate by infection of women who gave birth in hospitals. While most children were born at home at that time, usually the homeless or sick, gave birth to their children in the local hospitals.

The level of infectious puerperal (childbed) fever was horrendous with between 15 and 30 percent of such mothers dying in hospital. At that time this tragic situation was considered normal. Dr. Semmelweis noted that every morning the young interns examined the bodies of the mothers who had died and then immediately, without washing their hands, went to the next ward where they would examine the expectant mothers.

Semmelweis insisted that the doctors under his supervision wash their hands vigorously in water and chlorinated lime prior to examining their patients. Immediately, the mortality rate caused by infection among the expectant mothers fell to less than 2 percent dying due to these infections. Despite these fantastic improvements the senior hospital staff despised Dr. Semmelweis's medical innovations and eventually fired him. Most of his medical colleagues rejected his new techniques and ridiculed his demands that they wash their hands because they could not believe infections could be caused by something invisible to the naked eye.

1. profile image0

All this stuff you copy & paste - I'd be rather annoyed if you were copying all my stuff - it's called plagiarism = theft

3. profile image0

some bacteria are useful to us; many are harmful.  So your god made the harmful ones too it seems.  Along with blood-sucking disease-spreaking mosquitoes

1. profile image0

you forget bailey
              Genesis 3:18   Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
              this world is not the natural world that God intended. All of creation is warped.

1. profile image0

creation warped along with the doctrine that says it was created

1. profile image0

just your opinion
                  you wanna talk about warped, hilarious

1. profile image0

Check out how warped your bible is - murders & foreskins needed before marriage, a girl must marry her rapist....and so much more

http://www.bricktestament.com/david_vs_ … 24-25.html

http://www.bricktestament.com/the_law/r … 2_23a.html

3. Evolution Guy profile image60
      Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow - if you are going to steal other people's nonsensical garbage - at least admit you stole it and add a link to the moron who wrote it

http://www.bibleevidences.com/medical.htm

lol

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It always had that half truth religionist fundy stench to it.

I'm not surprised now I know the source. Thank you. smile

2. profile image0

yes, stealing is one up there with murder on the ten commandments

1. profile image0

but being gay is okay
          lol

1. profile image0

nothing mentioned on the 10 commandments about being gay.  Seems believers don't have a conscience about telling lies and stealing

or being homophobic for that matter. smile

1. profile image0

and I wonder how many believers have 'images' in the form of statues, sculptures and photographs?

exactly the same as nonbelievers. lol

-correction! less than nonbelievers.
                  references: flikr.com; shutterfly.com; The smithsonian; every medical institution and museum on earth (even on the space station). lol

big_smile

2. profile image0

once again bailey you open your mouth without knowing what you are talking about, having no information and neither have read the scripture.

Exodus 20:4   YOU SHALL NOT MAKE unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
                    Exodus 20:5   Thou shalt not BOW DOWN thyself to them, nor serve them....

here again you need to read the verse.. it says THEY were NOT TO MAKE... it doesn't say anything about anybody else making... loophole, you might say.. but then GOD goes on to say that THEY MUST NOT BOW DOWN.... as in worship.... so they can have made items but they must not bow down to them.

Once again.. context context context
                  now please don't do your usual and go "oh what about this other thing" you have this scripture wrongly interpreted,  so just admit it.

1. profile image0

I've read your 'scripture' many times.  Disturbing piece of literature

2. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Beelzedad wrote
      So, your god created a germ and bacteria environment and then created an immune system to battle it or else we would die?

= - =- =- =   -=-
    me
    We as humans are harmed by many bacteria that are beneficial for other life forms.
    There are many bacteria beneficial to mankind which are harmful to other life forms.

So what do YA do?    Or eradicate many other live forms?   

Learn which is which and act accordingly.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Heaven, a quote for you..?

" Ezeikel 4:12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight."

thats really great Medical advise, if you ask me..!    wink

I thought the eating our own poo was hilarious when I came across it during bible studies.

The answers I got when I asked were even funnier. Too long ago to remember what was said exactly, but I was so indoctrinated at the time I swallowed the hogwash, almost like eating poo. lol

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

well levan bread and poo!

no wounder the Army guys call it Sh..T on a Shingle!.....lmao

lol lol lol I have not heard that expression for a while! Love it! Do you know it's origins by any chance? smile

it was used to describe creamed chip beef on toast during WWII I think.

I have seen the Chip Beef, it is almost Lavender Creame in color swimming in a Creamy sort of  biscuit  like gravy, and it is poured over the Toast.  Believe me, There is not enough Ketchup in the world to make it taste good!

They get down to that in the field kitchens when the food supply does not arive on time!

2. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I remember reading (decades ago) that in some parts of China, people used dried human feces as a fuel for their fires. 

So, a prophet was told to go on strike to let the people know what kind of life was ahead for them, if they didn't change their ways - a life when they would have little to eat and would have to use their own dung for fuel.  Maybe this would get people's attention on the subject of global warming better than Al Gore's hockey stick!?!

3. heavenbound5511 profile image64

Ezekiel 4:12--Thou shalt bake it with dung - Dried ox and cow dung is a common fuel in the east; and with this, for want of wood and coals, they are obliged to prepare their food. Indeed, dried excrement of every kind is gathered. Here, the prophet is to prepare his bread with dry human excrement. And when we know that this did not come in contact with the bread, and was only used to warm the plate, (Ezekiel 4:3), on which the bread was laid over the fire, it removes all the horror and much of the disgust. This was required to show the extreme degree of wretchedness to which they should be exposed; for, not being able to leave the city to collect the dried excrements of beasts, the inhabitants during the siege would be obliged, literally, to use dried human ordure for fuel. The very circumstances show that this was the plain fact of the case. However, we find that the prophet was relieved from using this kind of fuel, for cow's dung was substituted at his request.  >>Ezek- 4:15 http://bible.cc/ezekiel/4-15.htm .

1. profile image0

bet it still stunk though

4. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can stop lying now!
      That's NOT what it said.

Ezek. 4;12 "12Prepare and eat this food as you would barley cakes. While all the people are watching, bake it over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat the bread.”

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

The funny thing is if I lived back then and by Biblical words thats all the food they served me in those anchient times, poo on wheat!

I'd be ready to wipe out a tribe or two myself!!!!!!    smile

lol lol lol I love running jokes across threads! lol lol

1. profile image0

so do i

keep on posting

2. profile image0

and they didn't even have toilet paper nor flushing toilets in those days!

5. chucka profile image58
    chuckaposted 12 years ago

Lots of misinformation flowing from both sides of this thread. Makes for good laughs. Can you imagine a Rabbi walking around with his"ding dong" out eating human excrement. hahahahahahahahaha---keep them coming.

A Bible quote for you, Chucka

" Ezeikel 4:12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight."

no mis information what so ever!

And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes,.... That is, the bread made of wheat, barley, beans, lentiles, millet, and fitches, was to be made in the form of barley cakes, and to be baked as they; not in an oven, but under ashes; and these ashes not of wood, or straw, or turf, but as follows:

and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of men, in their sight: the prophet was to take human dung, and dry it, and then cover the cakes or loaves of his mixed bread with it, and burn it over them, and with it bake it; which must be a very disagreeable task to him, and make the food very nauseous, both to himself and to the Jews, in whose sight it was done; and this shows scarcity of fuel, and the severity of the famine; that they had not fuel to bake with, or could not stay till it was baked in an oven, and therefore took this method; as well as points at what they were to eat when carried captive, as follows:

so God was telling them...eat sh..t and die?   
          thats a lot of love to me..!

That is pretty much the biblical message all the way through! lol

I noticed!    lmao

2. profile image0

lol

6. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Ezekiel 4:12  And you shall eat it as barley cakes; and bake it using fuel of human waste in their sight.

Ezekiel 4:12  Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.

Ezekiel 4:12  And you shall eat it as a barley cake, baking it in their sight on human dung.

Ezekiel 4:12  You are to eat your bread baked like barley cakes, using human dung as fuel, and you must bake it where people can see you.

Ezekiel 4:12  You are to build a fire out of dried human excrement, bake bread on the coals, and eat it where everyone can see you.

I believe thats what I said!, you eat wheat with the smoke of human dung all through it! Thats a real medical cure for sure!

right up there with urinating on your Pizza!!!!!!   yummmmm!   smile

1. profile image0

now put that in your pipe & smoke it! lol

2. jacharless profile image74

And note Ezekiel complains about that...

Here is a fun point: human and animal feces is used today in nearly every farm for fertilizer called Night Soil. And is being considered as an alternative energy source as bio fuel.

What's more bat excrement (guano) is used in the building of adobe houses as well as for medicine.

James.

7. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

All of your miracle medicine in the bible are instructions that would be easy to know from experience.

The rest of it would have been to do with commerce, this is not great medical science, the bits that made sense were just common sense.

I can see you being up all night giving that test! ....lolol

The valuable practice a Psych Intern could get here!

2. profile image0

But they weren't known from experience, they were told about it. God doesn't sit back and let his people experiment and see whats up. He helps them.

8. earnestshub profile image79

DNA is god. It kills us to survive itself.
    Here is a teaser.

http://www.mathematicsofevolution.com/C … aos__.html

this is facinating, and quite a teaser.

9. earnestshub profile image79

Don't you think it is time you stopped treating others as fools?
    You are stuck in a bronze aged myth. smile

so...if DNA destroys itself, and GOD is in the DNA..then....hey
      how convienient!  God eats his own dead....no evidence that way!!!!!  smile

and yes,  I do see your point here, it is myth. Took me a bit to get through that article, it had me for a bit, then I realised how flawed it was.

1. profile image0

evolutions do occur... but evolution has no keen insight into the future  and neither does it design itsself. What told evolution to give humans such a highly evolved eye and the dog to see in black and white? Could we not have had an optical spot like the tapeworm? or would not just one eye have been enough? To those who's eyes are not shut - Gods design is everywhere.

1. profile image0

an octopus has a superior eye to us.  Plenty of humans colourblind too

So, why did your god give humans a highly evolved eye (which is nowhere near as good as some other animals eyes) and the dog to see in black and white (while giving the dog other highly evolved senses)? What about those other questions you ask, why did god "design" them so differently? Why not all the same? What "purpose" does that serve in his grand plan?

smile

1. profile image0

obviously.... they needed them. This does not speak boldly of your evolution as i have mentioned, how does evolution know what it will need? How did the nose of the dog say to itself, i need to smell better? the octopus who lives in the darkness of the sea did not understand that it needed really good eyesight because it was in darkness and the appropriate changes were made of its own evolutionary foresight.
            God is demonstrating his creativity, some for our pleasure, others functional and just because.
            Really beelie you can stop responding to my posts anytime you wear my buzzer out.

1. profile image0

so how come turtles get to see a wider range of colours than we do?  How come kangaroos & wallabies see weird colours?  They can't see some colours we see & can see some we don't

That's your response?  They "needed" them? lol

You've got to be joking. lol

"Some for our pleasure... Just because"? Hilarious. I'm in stitches and my sides are a splittin' at those answers.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif

10. heavenbound5511 profile image64
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

Modern doctors, scientists and researchers can scoff at herbs and herbal therapies all they like. But when they do, who and what, really, are they laughing at? You? The herbs? Or the Creator Himself?

I'll leave that question for readers to answer in the privacy of their minds and hearts. But rather than have anyone ponder the obvious too long, I'll jump right in and tell you what I believe beyond the shadow of any doubt:

Herbs are, in fact, make no mistake about it, medicines from God's Pharmacy. And as such, they are the most potent health-sustaining substances that any of us is ever likely to experience.

If that weren't the case, how is it that these simple and often lowly little weeds, flowers, shrubs, vines and trees have been used so effectively against the illnesses and afflictions that have plagued mankind since Adam and Eve were cast from the Garden of Eden so long, long ago?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist - or even a medical doctor - to divine the answer to that question. People use herbs because they work.

And that's why the amazingly specific and time-honored uses of herbs are part of a historical record that has been passed from generation to generation by word of mouth, in letters, books and medical journals, and even more importantly for true believers, on the pages of the Bible Itself........

http://www.sodahead.com/living/bible-he … og-322845/

1. profile image0

seems you have no conscience about copying and pasting someone else's writing.  adding a link doesn't make it right.

As far as herbal healing goes, the alchemists (from ancient Egypt) did this.  Alchemists were accused of practising witchcraft & burned at the stake by the church.

I found that out when I was researching my hub about alchemy (which christianity has borrowed heavily from)

2. dutchman1951 profile image60

Heaven, do not waste thread space like this, just write your own book, red cover and all. Hub it!

11. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 12 years ago

It might be simply my personal impression, but why do people get so worked up over religiously based topics? Can't we all just express our opinions and discuss our views in a civilized manner? Just saying...

12. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Well, there is an article over on Yahoo! that made me think of the posts in this thread about Ezekiel using human dung as a fuel, and the comments from those who deliberately misread the story.

Steak Made from Human Exrement: Is It Safe?

(The typo was in the title.)

I couldn't make myself read the whole thing, but I figured some of you would want to know about it.

It is a scientist that did this, so of course that makes it acceptable and fine and okay.  Right?

Scientist, smart.  God, dumb.  Huh????

'Scuse me while I go and throw up.

lol @ 'Scuse me.
      spoken like a true Brooklynite. big_smile

..but it is funny how 'science' or 'religion' always tend to be right and Creator wrong. Baffling, just baffling.

James

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)