Perspective Identity

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

Do you believe that Santa Claus and Jesus Christ should be celebrated on different days of the year,seeing that one is fact and one is fiction,and one is from heaven and the other is pagan and self-proclaim?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry - Santa Claus is not from heaven *grin*

Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you that confused?

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Saint Nicholas is just as factual as Jesus.

Therefore, your assertions are abject nonsense.

Only in your world. I am glad that some people know better.

1. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This response says everything I need to know about you.

It demonstrates your level of IGNORANCE...which is totally primitive.

In my opinion, this response implies one that is woefully unequipped to debate with anyone who has more than a SUB-BASIC understanding of the real world...or an once of common sense...or a third grade education.

Please stop starting forum threads...unless you are here only for entertainment purposes!

Your opinion just caught the last train to no where. Better a third grader..than no grades at all.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Santa Claus came from heaven?

What world was you in when that thought came about?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

The thought came about from what you said:

"...one is fact and one is fiction,and one is from heaven and the other is pagan and self-proclaim..."

I had to ask as to how you knew Santa Claus came from heaven?

I never said that Santa Claus came from heaven.Only from imagination of humankind.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

No, you said he was a fact and came from heaven.

If you don't know,then you are the only one.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                  psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you stopped even trying to make sense?

Sometimes one can't see the forest for the trees. One can look at something,and still not see what is there. St Nicholas purpose was never to present a lie about a fat man in a red suit going around telling lies about he is from the north pole with flying animals in a home made buggy and have parents tell lies to their children about where the presents came from.

From one lie can only come forth more lies.
                    Oh what a tangled web we weave.......when first we practice to deceive.
                    Am i making more sense?

4. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Santa Claus was modeled after St.Nikolaos of Myra, A 4th century Bishop (Catholic church makes him Christian, Not pagan)

The term Pagan (Paganism) means country dweller. And since Jesus did the most of his teachings outside of the city...you know in the country and byway areas..this would make him more of a pagan than St.Nikolaos.

Jesus wasn't born in the winter anyway...

And the current design of Santa Claus we have come to know and love today, came from the Coca Cola company advertising.

St.Nikolaos is a well documented real person...Jesus is still somewhat iffy...

Mary, is the Catholic church,and icons,and the statues and idols. Christianity have no such presentations in it.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77

You might want to do a little research, as it seems, you are completely confused on this subject.

There is no confusion between a peanut and an apple.Unless one don't know yes from no.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't it be simpler for those with a problem to simply keep Christ in Christmas? Let others do what they want? Why muddy the waters for everyone simply because a few suffer confusion?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
      Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Christmas is in December only to compete with the pagan holiday Yule, the Festival of Light. So, if the Christians want to move Christmas to some other part of the year I'm fine with it. Like the Japanese, who celebrate in July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrzRHMTERg

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Works for me. On the up side, I guess we'd get another holiday. I've been needing one.

2. Apostle Jack profile image59

Oil and water don't mix , Emile,so why would one try to mix it. I gest some would try it anyway. That is what confusion is.

3. Tamarajo profile image92
    Tamarajoposted 12 years ago

if we truly wished to celebrate the birth of Immanuel (God with us) we would celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles when He was most likely born.  The holiday is rich with the symbolism of His coming to the earth in a body (tabernacle) to dwell (tabernacle) among us.  Skip the Santa celebration all together utter nonsensensical commercialized concoction.

Winter Solstice is the celebration of the "birth" or "return" of the Sun God...so it was fitting for the Christians to borrow this timeframe for the birth of the Son of God to allow a more ease of transition/conversion of the Pagans.

Wrong answer. Christianity don't need a Santa nor his helpers for its presentation. Fulfillment of prophecy,the beginning of the "new covenant" and a chance for eternal life with God is the purpose of His birth.And it have nothing to with a cartoon call Santa.

I said nothing of Santa CLaus in this post you replied to. Seriously, do you even read before replying?

1. The Uneak Rabbit profile image61
            The Uneak Rabbitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good question...

2. Apostle Jack profile image59

I stand corrected.

4. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

Personally I believe the celebration of Jesus the Christ should be everyday since he has demonstrated what real love, real compassion, real mercy and real forgiveness looks like.

Santa Claus is a time for children so they can have someone or something that they can call their own as the concepts of being reborn may beyond their understanding.

I never look at Jesus and Santa Claus that same way any time of the day or night.

THOSE THAT ARE CLOSE TO SANTA CALUS is  the ones most far from God.God don't teach us to LIE to our children,So how can one think that God agree with such a false presentation.

1. SpanStar profile image61
        SpanStarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You really sound confused to me-child to bring fun, kindness, and laughter to a childen isn't lying that same same as reading fair tales to children.  Only someone who's live seems to be liveless, dull and boring would I think have such a concept.

You can twist it any way you want to ,and it will still be the same thing.All you are doing is making it more corrupt,and adding another lie upon a lie.And the further you go with the lie....the more it will grow.

You can put lipstick on a pig............it is still a pig. You can't get a positive return....by sugar coating it.

2. The Uneak Rabbit profile image61
        The Uneak Rabbitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

who is Santa Calus?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Personally I believe the celebration of Santa Claus should be everyday since he has demonstrated what real love, real compassion, real mercy and real forgiveness looks like.

Jesus Christ is a time for children so they can have someone or something that they can call their own as the concepts of being reborn may beyond their understanding.

I never look at Jesus and Santa Claus that same way any time of the day or night.

I like it better that way, looks more like what we actually observe.

The whole idea of a Santa Claus ....IS MONEY. Don't confuse that with the Birth of Christ.

You do realize he is based on a Christian saint, right?  Saint Nicholas?

Then let him have his own day of celebration. Give credit where credit is due.

You need to read about this Saint.  His connection to the day is not arbitrary. Learn a little bit about your own religion.

I already know,and nothing about him would justify  anything.

They fact he gave away everything he owned based on the example of Christ seems a little more than "nothing" to me.

I am speaking about Christ and His purpose for coming to this earth,and not a self crusader.  The birth of Christ concerns "The beginning of the New Covenant",and fulfillment of prophecy and everlasting life.

Stop trying to mix oil with water. No matter what anyone else have did The birth of Christ cannot be compared to.And it don't need a cartoon like Santa Claus ( of which most of the world know is a total lie) to no where near the meaning and purpose of Christ.

3. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't either and agree with you. Because they are not the same at all. smile

My very point is that they are separate and should not be connected,and as far away from each other as  yes is from no.

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

About fourty years ago I was reading my grandmothers bible.
    I do not know which version that It was, Tyndale or Wycliffe;
      I do remember the publishing date was 1876. As was the KJV these were translated from the origional Greek.

Any way ...  I know for a fact that I read where after Jesus mentioned his "Going Away" that one of the desiples ask Jesus "When is your birthday so that ater you are gone, we can celebrate your birthday?"

And Jesus answered " Don't celebrate my coming into this world, I you have to celebrate anything; celibrate the day that I leave it"  Something like that any way.  It was 40 years ago.

Most people do not realize that the Tyndale and Wyclife versions were much more popular among Christians than the KJV untill around the turn of the 19th century.

OK  this is copied and pasted off the internett.

In the 1490’s another Oxford professor, and the personal physician to King Henry the 7th and 8th, Thomas Linacre, decided to learn Greek. After reading the Gospels in Greek, and comparing it to the Latin Vulgate, he wrote in his diary, “Either this (the original Greek) is not the Gospel… or we are not Christians.” The Latin had become so corrupt that it no longer even preserved the message of the Gospel… yet the Church still threatened to kill anyone who read the scripture in any language other than Latin… though Latin was not an original language of the scriptures.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I think we should keep Christ (and apocryphal saints) out of the winter solstice feast.  Why muddy the waters, that isn't even the time of year he was ostensibly born.

7. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

I do believe that they should be seperated. Let's move the birthday of Jesus to a more apporiate day. I recommend April Fools day. Leave Santa Clause alone. At least no one ever killed another or persecuted anyone in Santa's name.

To believe in what is not there is like believing in fried ice cream.

8. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

pysche, you are referring to santa being based on a saint right? The ramblings of apostle jack daniels seems to be based on a couple of 5ths of old no 7.

It is better to say there he go ....than there he lay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)