The wicked

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Romans814posted 12 years ago

Who are the wicked? 

The wicked are those who refuse the gift of salvation offered by Jesus Christ.

What is the fate of the wicked?

The Truth (Jesus Christ) says:
    "And these (the wicked) shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matt. 25:46).

The punishment of the wicked is death, and that death is everlasting.  The righteous go into "life eternal," while the wicked go into "death eternal."

The Truth concerning the Righteous = Eternal Life

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those who judge others because of their own delusions are no doubt, the wicked.

2. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whoop Whoop  Haha thats me one f*in badass wicked hatchet wielding Juggalo!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO4Co8ytAXGOrc1tPc1s7UuR_pHS7F1a2Xb7SZIfLv-HCQsuTK4A

3. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The wicked are those persons who oppose the messengers prophets of the Creator God; Jesus was one of them.

The salvation of a person depends on accepting all the messengers prophets of the Creator God; not believing even one of them intentionally deprives one of the salvation.

I therefore believe in all the truthful mesenger prophets of the Creator like Krishna, Buddha, Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus, Muhmmaad and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah of our era.

1. profile image50
        1. Quilligrapher profile image71
          Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Paarsurry.
          Can I please ask a few serious questions? Did you decide who are “the truthful messenger prophets of the Creator” and who are not “the truthful messenger prophets?” If not you, who did and what authority and what qualifications are needed to make such decisions?
          Thanks for your consideration.  I am looking forward to reading your reply.

1. GinaCPocan profile image60
            GinaCPocanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about him, but I know that only God can make that call.

2. profile image50

Sorry I did not read your post earlier; somehow I missed reading it.

Torah and Quran both mention that the Creator- God so arranges the things that false prophets messengers always get killed. This is because they say that the Creator- God has talked to them and given a message for them; while He has not talked to them or sent them.

This punishment is specific for the claimants of Messengers or Prophets, not for a lesser rank of people.

The truthful messengers and prophets are helped by the Creator God like He helped Moses, Jesus and Muhammad; against all odds the Creator God saved their lives and they died naturally and peacefully and were successful people in all respects.

1. profile image50
              1. psycheskinner profile image82
                psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for adding nothing to the conversation.  Again.

4. Quilligrapher profile image71
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

“And the Lord commanded all who are less wicked to respect the right of the more wicked to choose to be more wicked than the less wicked and the less wicked shalt not taunt the more wicked for choosing to be more wicked than the less wicked.” (Levity 3:6-7)

What is Levity? Do you mean Leviticus?

Leviticus 3:6-7

King James Version (KJV)

6And if his offering for a sacrifice of peace offering unto the LORD be of the flock; male or female, he shall offer it without blemish.

7If he offer a lamb for his offering, then shall he offer it before the LORD.

I don't know what bible your reading but that's not in King James.

Levity means using humor or humorous words in a particular situation.  A writer should know this, by the way.  smile

I never claimed to be a professional writer Randy.  I apologize of my ignorance to this term. Got it.

No apologies necessary, Gina.  You had Leviticus on your mind and it should indeed be taken with a bit of levity.  Especially the part which tells you how to sell your daughter into slavery, among other things.  smile

2. psycheskinner profile image82

It's called a joke.

5. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  This is kinda absurd...and totally UNTRUE. lol

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...folks like you are wicked....

...some idjut recently said to me as he was attempting to comfort me????    "i hope he accepted god and salvation before he died".........that comment made me feel sooooooooo much better

3. profile image52

@Randy Godwin

"Ye that love the LORD, hate evil..." —Psalm 97:10

The wicked people in this world who live in unrepentant sin against God refuse to accept this truth.

God hates evil and commands all believers to hate evil. Biblical hatred for sin that every believer SHOULD have, just as the Lord Himself hated iniquity...

"Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows" (Hebrews 1:9).

God doesn’t hate the sinner (wicked); He hates their sins.  Therefore, I don't hate the sinner (wicked); I hate their sins.

THAT’S NOT JUDGEMENT; THAT'S THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORDS!!!

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And, that's what is nowadays called BS! lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

"God hates evil and commands all believers to hate evil. Biblical hatred for sin that every believer SHOULD have, just as the Lord Himself hated iniquity..."

Your god created iniquity if you believe it created all things.  It created Satan as a perfect being according to your sacred novel.  As I asked in a previous forum topic-Who tempted Satan into sin?  smile

3. GinaCPocan profile image60

Romans, look...I respect what your trying to do here, but the fact is, it was never Gods intentions for us to bible beat people to death. How you go about bringing the word only sends people packing instead of listening. Don't you see the numbers in these threads that are in doubt, question, mock, blasphamize, and nit pic?
      First of all, there is some truth to the cliche, "you draw more bees with honey, then with vinegar". That's how Jesus walked. Jesus never shoved the Word down peoples throats. In fact, the bible has quite a few places in the bible where the bible states all you have to do is deliver the message. That's it. What they do with it is totally up to them. There is no point in pushing the points.
      Randy is correct, God created day and night, Earth and Sky, good and evil. God does not hate his creations. Jesus said clearly, he hated liars. But he don't. He hated the act of lying which you have tried to say using evil and iniquities.
      All mankind is full of iniquities. All fall short of the glory of God.  noone is without sin, no not one.
      What your not getting is Christs compassion. Look what he did for us. He understood us. He was born a child and walked as a man.
      He was raised by a single mother (Yes, Joseph died when Jesus was young), he got angry in the temple, he had the same feelings as a man, He was hated by his brother and sister in his youth, and was also was picked on. Jesus was every bit human. In the end, he became our Interceder, our Layer if you will. he went to the cross to absorb our sins so we didn't have to be destroyed. Our task was simply to accept him as our personal savior.
      I have no doubt you know the bible, and all its verses. But that don't mean you know the bible. I can read anything but that don't mean I got its full meaning.
      Before you post, ask what would Jesus say. Jesus was never a dictator. just an informant. Never a dictator.
      Randy, your correct also he created everything, even  Lucifer we was a fallen angel. No one tempted Lucifer. He was a free thinking being. yes he was perfect at first. he lost that when her wanted to rebel.

So who tempted him to evil?  If he was created perfect by your god, the perfection was flawed if temptation was allowed to seep through.  Therefore, even a god apparently cannot create a perfect being.  Besides, the god would have already known this before creating the being.  Catch 22?

Correct again Randy. Well, in truth, we don't think like God, nor can we even imagine his thoughts.Why he does what he does, we may never know. Even the bible says there are things man will never know. To think like him is to be him. God gave his angels freewill as well. Lucifer chose to rebel, as perfect as he was and took a third of the angels with him. He can create perfection, but he creates it and gives it freewill. Jesus had freewill as well, but chose to keep his walk holy. He was given the opportunity to back out, but he kept to Gods plan. God allows temptation, so you have a choice. What choices you make is strictly up to you. Yes he already knows, but that's beside it all, you were still given a choice regardless.

Personally, I'm glad I don't think like your god, Gina.  He saw some need to populate the earth with living things even though he already knew he would drown 99.999% of them down the road.  This included babies and innocent animals slowly choking as the rising waters filled their lungs.

When you get to your heaven and all things become clear, please yell down here to the sinner's basement and tell me the reason your god did this when he already knew the outcome since forever.  He's gotta have a helluva good reason for it, doncha think?  smile

Probably one only a God would understand.

No doubt, especially from a mortals viewpoint.  No wonder it takes so much disregarding of commonsense, facts, and especially logic, to buy the tale.  smile

4. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Personally I would say, that as a group, the wicked are those that try to control others and force then to live a particular lifestyle.  Those that ignore tolerance and set themselves up as little Gods, demanding everyone obey them and their rules for a "good" life.

If that is done through the mechanisms of religion, then so be it.  The religious are wicked.

5. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

The wicked are those who feel compelled to destroy wickedness for the sake of mankind.

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Where I live, "wicked" is just an adjective, mostly used by teenagers.

7. profile image52

@Disturbia, your ignorance amuses me!!!! LOL

8. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

Isn't Wicked a Broadway Wizard of Oz play?

9. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

Isn't Wicked a Broadway Wizard of Oz play?

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

DOn't know how that got posted twice

10. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

The righteous are the wicked because they try to divide humanity into the good and the bad, when we were all made equal.

11. The Suburban Poet profile image83
    The Suburban Poetposted 12 years ago

Romans814,

Without taking the side of the Atheists who don't believe a word of this I must ask you a question.... Why shouldn't we call you Caiaphas? You are doing exactly the same kind of hard-nosed interpretation of scripture that Jesus preached against. Jesus attacked those who pointed fingers and that is exactly what you are doing. You have no idea how you are actually repeling people from God and because of that you are not of God. You are not showing the love for your neighbor and you are not working on the plank in your own eye.

In short you are either on here just to get a rise out of everyone or you are emotionally in need of some sort of validation as a person that you are obviously not getting in your own life.

12. Owl Ka Myst profile image60
    Owl Ka Mystposted 12 years ago

I hate evil. I believe that 'god' is Love and not some entity waiting to judge me when I die.....so where does that put me?
    big_smile

Not giving a hoot?  smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

13. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5654615_f248.jpg

1. heavenbound5511 profile image63
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TkKZZyzUvio/SVZ-SStU2VI/AAAAAAAACXk/9ZalWlC-F9w/s400/Jesus+prayer+world.bmp

14. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Time for this thread to die?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Para....are you (secretly) the grim reaper?

1. psycheskinner profile image82

God I hope so.  This thread needs to be euthanized.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

15. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

http://bestsmileys.com/dead/7.gif

16. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Coming to the topic to revive the discussion

The wiched

...... are those persons who oppose the messengers prophets of the Creator God; Jesus was one of them. The salvation of a person depends on accepting all the messengers prophets of the Creator God; not believing even one of them intentionally deprives one of the salvation. I therefore believe in all the truthful mesenger prophets of the Creator like Krishna, Buddha, Zoroaster, Moses, Jesus, Muhmmaad and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah of our era.

17. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 12 years ago

The wicked are those who resurrect old posts... !!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)