what should i do next to earn?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ROSERISEposted 14 years ago

please help me out .i have joined few weeks ago,published 3 hubs ,signed in google adsense which in my profile showing as active now what should i do to earn.i cannot see a single comment for my published work.

and please no rude advice as previously i experienced.seriously looking the way to earn as we all do .

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How in the world is someone saying "You must copy and paste them in yourself." rude advice?

EDIT: No wait, this is your first post? It's a good idea not to come into a forum with a chip on your shoulder.

2. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not being rude; your avatar appears to be very copyrighted and you may wish to reconsider using it.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have thought that 90%+ of all avatars except genuine photo's are copyrighted somewhere along the line.

1. nicomp profile image62

so?

So, I don't personally think it's a problem!

1. nicomp profile image62

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but if Disney opts to protect their property, they have every legal right to do so.

Yes, I'm not unaware of that fact, I'm sure they've probably got several departments devoted to tracking down Disney avatar abusers as we speak so that they can pay instead to place an image advert just below it.  But you could be right, so I guess it's up to each individual user to decide exactly how 'cautious' they feel the need to be.

2. profile image0
    KStyleposted 14 years ago

I'm new also and am still learning but I did go to my adsense page on Google webmaster tools.  It's very helpful.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

It takes a while to start earning. You have to publicize your hubs to get views. Posting on the forum is a good start because some people will visit you hubs and eventually comments will come.

You have to write hubs people will be interested in reading. Also, aim for a minimum of 250 words so that Google will see you. You should also try and add some key words, make sure your spelling is correct, don't use Internet shortcuts like "u" in the text.

I notice you are trying to add html to your hubs, you can't do that. However, you can create links in the text edit capsule. Highlight text and look for the chain icon on top. I hope all this helps you find an audience.

4. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

The main reason most people give up is because they don't start making money straight away, Adsense (eBay/Amazon, etc) aren't get rich quick schemes, but if you stick with it you should do fine.

Most people note that it takes at least 3 months before your hubs/website etc. start to receive any kind of regular income, and it can take longer still to even earn a cent, but with a little hard work and patience it's not hard to bring in that $100 minimum payment each month, and some people make a lot more than that. smile

5. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Remember, there are many ways to get people to view your hubs. You need a niche or at least the ability to tap into one. You need to bring a HUGE traffic base to get any money. Normally it averages out to about 100-300 impressions to 1-5 clicks of any random value. The clicks may have any amount on them though.

Hope this helps,

~thranax~

6. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 14 years ago

Some people only know how to be gruff on these forums Rose. Don't mind them. That is how they operate which actually diminishes the value of forums. I have often thougth that cheery people increase the value of forums and those that aren't but lurk around are not increasing that value.

The advice can be right on, and I don't quarrel with some here who give a lot of good advice, but some people have little clue what a good "bedside manner" is. We have all heard stories of brilliant doctors who are just jerks.

That doesn't mean that these people cannot also have another side. This is funny libertarian satire: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/14363

BTW I found this forum topic 14363 when I posted the libertarian feed at Twubs.com under the hashtag tlot (#tlot as posted on Twitter)

7. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

Wait and have paitiance the money will flow towards you.

8. profile image0
    ROSERISEposted 14 years ago

hello dark side, i guess i have to clarify it and say that it was not( you copy and paste them buy yourself)was rude but it was( Looks like you are less than five years old. I suggest you learn to write and spell first. And, since you are less than five years old, your life experience is a little short, so your Hub may not meet the 300 words ABSOLUTE minimum. Get some more life experience )

and yes many of the people here also using copyrighted pictures.so no question of arguements and personally i did not abuse anyone niether want to.

9. mythbuster profile image70
    mythbusterposted 14 years ago

ROSERISE,

I have found a lot of good information in the forums, however, threads are very time-consuming to check sometimes...another excellent way to learn about 'how to' hub is to use the general search box on hubpages and bookmark a few of the more comprehensive 'how to hub' hubs published by experienced members. Then give yourself about a week to methodically go through a instructions on hubs which are at your level of understanding right now - then repeat for all the hubs you publish...then check the forums again and do searches in the forums to see if you've missed anything...there are SO MANY instructional hubs about using this site.

PLUS, if you visit the instructional hubs, you'll also be honouring the people who took the time to build comprehensive instructional hubs...

Often, questions asked in the forums are already covered in a very detailed way by experienced hub publishers.

If you're looking for fast cash, Hubpages is not your immediate answer. From all I've read over more than a year, it takes improvement of skills to get better at publishing and to earn more money through this site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)