My Best Hub has been unpublished. Why after 14000 plus views?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. PegCole17 profile image93
    PegCole17posted 12 years ago

Okay, I'm one of those who can talk about nothing else but HubPages, have written about it, tell all my friends about it, and my family is so tired of hearing about HubPages they are over it.

Well today, my most popular hub that has ranked 100 numerous times, has been rated useful by no less than 485 people and has been copied by many other sources - it was taken down by the HubPages staff for a "inappropriate link" or some other unknown reason. I have fixed whatever I thought was the solution and tried to publish it again and now it has been sent to the "queue" to be reviewed which may take up to 72 hours.

My question is WHY after a year and multiple tweets, fBook likes and positive comments has this just come to light?

Now if it EVER gets published again it will be flagged as duplicate, regardless of the fact that I am the original author and others have posted my content without my permission on sites like RedGage, Blogger, and others despite my continued warnings to these copycats.

Is HubPages trying to run off their best supporters? That is what it feels like to me.

PegCole17

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear this Peg sad

On the bright side, when it gets republished, this short period of being unpublished really shouldn't affect its rank, nor will it change its original publication date so don't worry about the copycats.

PegCole17posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Izzy,
        Well the rant was unjustified as my hub is now republished with the original issue date so I'm okay now. The only thing I changed was to delete an eBay capsule that had a "eBay for Dummies"  book. You would think that we should be supporting our so called "partners" with sales of their products. Other than that I'm not sure what I did to fix this issue. And now I'm gun shy.

Very frustrating to me, but I do thank you for the support and your kind words. That did make me feel much better. La la la lalala all butterflies and roses again. :rolleyes

Thank you so much.
        Peg

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why after a year?  Because no moderator ever looked it it until now, or a new filter was put in place.  The rules on this site regarding content and linking have changed many times over the last 5-6 years, this is nothing new.

You're not being singled out, you are being held to the same standards and treated the same as every other author on this site.

And perhaps the fact that I only recently added the eBay capsule to replace a non performing Amazon capsule. As always, I can count on you to set me straight. It's a full time job.

hmm

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

Okay - I am dying to know what the hub in question is about!  I will go check your hubs and try to answer that question!   Meanwhile, I'm sorry you had a brief interruption from your butterflies and roses (I laughed at that and your lalala comment!).  I feel certain HP has some sort of automatic program that triggers those things. Maybe the eBay book was taken down and that sparked an 'inappropriate' link thing.  Either way - glad it's fixed now.  Gonna go look for your hub!

Marcy without promoting my own hub I'll give you a headstart. The hub in question is about creating referral links and is my only hub that has excelled to this extent. I removed an eBay capsule that was promoting a book about eBay for dummies, which I added recently. That turned out to be the offending link. Go figure. Back to lalala land now. Thanks for your sweet inquiry.

I really don't want to leave this site and hope they are not just pushing me away. Other good friends have had recent trouble and have gone.

Peg

1. IzzyM profile image87

Oh Peg they are not pushing you away! It was an unrelated link and it was caught out by a moderator, that's all.

Ebay for Dummies has nothing to do with HP referral links. If the book had been called 'Creating Referral Links' it could be argued that it was related, but it wasn't.

Just put this behind you and continue writing hubs, but just be very careful which links you add in future smile

I can see how it is unrelated now. That makes sense and I will be using much more discretion in selecting products to promote. Thanks again for the encouragement and feedback. Yours, Peg

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Peg - I am so glad you told me which one to look for!  I was looking for eBay or something!  I can use the info on referral links, so I look forward to reading it.  Thanks!

Marcy, I'm happy to report that the team made quick work of reviewing the hub and it was properly republished in rapid time. Thanks for that, HubTeam. I had visions of waiting for the holiday to be over before anyone looked at it.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
            Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to hear that (especially since holidays typically leave staffshort on extra hands).  It's a great hub, by the way - I read, voted, sang lalala and shared!

I hear the Peanuts theme in the background. Do do do, do do do, doooo do.
              Altogether now, La la la, la la la, laaaa la.

big_smile

3. Rebecca E. profile image78
    Rebecca E.posted 12 years ago

peg-- your hubs are always good! gald this was fixed so quick.

Rebecca you are the sweetest. Thanks so much. I promise never to do it again, hahaha. That's what I say after every mistake I make.

1. Rebecca E. profile image78
        Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

peg-- i think we all say that-- but then we wouldn't be human if we didn't make mistakes.

4. TravelinAsia profile image56
    TravelinAsiaposted 12 years ago

I know what it feels like,

My best hubs have all had the ads disabled, and moderators claim that the topic of my hubs is just too sensitive. Which is a load of bollocks, I can see that there are hundreds of similar hubs discussing the same topic without ads disabled. The moderators seem to take their job more "personal" rather that professional, and I am convinced that they are harassing me. It is very frustrating and discouraging dealing with the moderators here .. it is just like eBay and Paypal all over again ..

1. IzzyM profile image87

I have had ads disabled on quite a few hubs. I left them there for the longest time, but eventually moved most of them off-site.

You can get away for months (or years) with topics that are deemed sensitive, then one day they get read by a moderator and that is it.

If you see others on similar topics with ads, you can always flag them to bring them to the mod's attention. There are thousands of hubs on this site, some going back years, which shouldn't really be left published, never mind just have ads disabled.

It's a huge task getting round them all.

I know it's not a nice feeling when you feel yours are singled out, but we will all benefit in the long-term if every hub passes Google Adsense's muster. Let's face it, they are the ones who really deem topics unsuitable, not Hubpages.

Absolutely, we must comply to the Google meister for sure. I agree that substandard hubs should be systematically reviewed and improvement should be required. We want this to be the best site out there in Cyberland.

Reminds me of that scene in Field of Dreams where young Archie is at bat and he says "Hey coach, how about a warning."
        So the coach says, "Watch out you don't get hit by a fast ball."

smile

2. PegCole17 profile image93

You said "The moderators seem to take their job more "personal" rather that professional, and I am convinced that they are harassing me."

I understand how you feel and when it happens to you it does feel like someone out there doesn't like you. But I'm certain that isn't the case. Some topics are just too sensitive or risky or maybe are better reserved for other sites.

I love writing here and have tried several other places which are far less personal, have far more complaints and far fewer prompt resolutions.

All the best to you.
      Peg

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

I had ads disabled on one hub because the language contained too much violence. It doesn't violate HP rules, but AdSense won't like it.  I decided to leave the hub as-is, because it is about violence toward women and a specific case that (finally) resulted in a murder conviction.  I'd rather not sanitize or gloss over the purpose of the hub (which was to emphasize it could not have been an accident) than to cave in and go for the ad revenue. It gets quite a few hits, and if it serves to raise awareness, then I'm happy.

Marcy, I will search out this one and read it. I agree about the revenue not being as important as the idea of raised awareness.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Its nice that it was republished again!! Have a good day Pegcole!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)