The POTUS is acting like a bully!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (76 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 24916.html

Man, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black! What about Obama's donors and bundlers? I really thought Obama was above something like this.

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"One of Obama's campaign websites" talked about donors who gave money to Mitt Romney. What's the problem with that? It's public information. Romney's people do it about Obama donors, too. What's not public is who gives money to the SuperPACs and to Americans Elect, the new nationwide political party.

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would you provide more information about the way Romney's people do this? [EDIT, after reading habee's post] Even if it actually is public information, I don't think the candidates should be the ones exposing each other's contributors - especially, as the article said, since the President wields the kind of power he does. Let the media and bloggers be the ones to reveal that information.

2. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, it's not public information. According to ABC, only the names of registered lobbyists who serve as bundlers have to be disclosed.

2. profile image0
      idratherbeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you spend all day looking for such baloney? Tell me please, just what Romneys solution to job growth is? Healthcare? Student Loans? His stance on the Ryan Plan? National security? Immigration? Heck, his stance on anything that he stands firm on!

1. habee profile image92

Baloney? Ha! Yep, I do it 24/7. That's why I never have time to write any hubs. In case you haven't noticed, I've also posted positive things about Obama and about Mrs. Obama, along with negatives about Republicans. No one forced you to read this post, BTW.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
          gmwilliamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Habee, pay this no mind.   You have provided documentation authenticating your post.   Yes, sometimes we have haters but that is par for the course!  Post on!

1. habee profile image92

Thanks! I really appreciate that!

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
            Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said, gmwilliams. My sentiments exactly as I read this thread for the first time.

2. profile image0

Just one, one? One thing Romney plans to do and has since the beginning? You're right, no one forced me to read the post. Now I'm a hater by gmwilliams post. No, not a hater, just sick of all the baloney being spewed out there by both parties!

1. habee profile image92

I've explained this before. I think Romney will handle the economy and the deficit better. I think he'll reform SS so that my kids and grandkids will have it when they retire. As was reported yesterday, our national debt has now exceeded our GPD, and that really concerns me. We can't borrow our way out of debt. I don't agree with Romney on every issue. In fact, I agree more with Obama on some, and I'll be okay if Obama is reelected. I just don't think this "calling out" Romney donors and falsely accusing them is very presidential. It seems rather "Nixonian."

1. paintphd profile image60
              paintphdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama now wants to fund the student loan interest increase with SS funds, with SS insolvency due by 2033. The GOP proposed the fund's come from the Health Care Slush Fund, which is doling out millions to all those corporations he rails about so often, GE, VERIZON, ATT, IBM, as well as his BFF's at the UAW, AFL-CIO,SEIU,WASHINGTON POST, CBS, TEAMSTERS etc.etc. I expect when the heat rises he'll reach for the emotionally charged Chicago Deringer strapped to his hip, proclaiming the SLUUUSSSH Fund is for Women's Health Care and Disadvantaged Albino Pygmi's in the Congo lol It's robbing Peter to Pay Paul taught in  Obama acccounting 101.
              http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6546118_f248.jpg
              http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/06/washi … lush-fund/

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
                Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

And speaking of Social Security, could all of this be true?

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this.
                It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your family
                and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter
                whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and
                card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the
                United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the
                message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security
                Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
                Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
                Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
                1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
                Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
                on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
                into the Program would be deductible from
                their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
                independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
                general operating fund, and therefore, would
                only be used to fund the Social Security
                Retirement Program, and no other
                Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
                The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed
                as income.

Under Clinton & Gore
                Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
                now receiving a Social Security check every month --
                and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
                the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
                away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
                independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
                general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
                controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
                deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
                Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
                'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
                Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start
                giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
                Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
                began to receive Social Security payments! The
                Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
                even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
                the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want
                to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!
                If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of
                awareness will be planted and maybe changes will
                evolve.
                But it's worth a try.

RG, bringing these things to light will cause Leftwing Nuts to label you as Raaaccccissst.

1. lovemychris profile image76
                    lovemychrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're another example from the right.

2. Quilligrapher profile image73
                  Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Repairguy, How you doing tonight?

Amidst your lengthy statement about Democrats against Social Security, I discovered a serious error. I did not have the time to search all your claims, however, this one error clearly indicates that you have not taken the time to check them all either. And you claim this one is your favorite? Clearly, you are one of those willing to cut and paste any statement that supports a point of view without any regard for the accuracy and truthfulness of their post.

Immigrants can move to the USA and receive Social Security retirement benefits “even thought they never paid a dime into it!” This is a FALSE statement.

Go to the Social Security web site and read: "Everyone born in 1929 or later needs 40 Social Security credits (sometimes referred to as a quarter of coverage) to be eligible for retirement benefits. You can earn up to four credits per year, so you will need to work in at least 10 years to become eligible for retirement benefits… If you become disabled or die before age 62, the number of credits needed depends on your age at the time you die or become disabled. A minimum of six is required regardless of your age."

You are wrong, Repairguy, to tell people otherwise. Spouses and dependants may qualify to collect a portion of the earned benefits of US citizens or DOCUMENTED immigrants who have paid into the system. I don't make this stuff up. Read all about it on the SSI web site:

Can anyone qualify for benefits without working and contributing?

Go to http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/494 and read "Can I buy credits if I do not have enough? 

"You cannot buy credits towards the 40 credits required for Social Security retirement. To earn credits, you must earn wages in a job covered by Social Security or have net income from self-employment."

How about illegal immigrants?

Go to http://loyalaw.blogspot.com/2010/01/do- … ocial.html and read "Do Illegal Aliens Receive Social Security Benefits?

"Many people believe that illegal immigrants or undocumented workers receive social security benefits. That is false. Talk show hosts such as Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage not only seem to be part of spreading the untrue piece of information, it also leads to the message being passed around by word of mouth, via emails and online petitions.

Also read "Illegal immigrants apparently get in on the Social Security's administrative system and receive benefits."

"Not true. Undocumented workers will never be entitled to claim social security benefits. Illegal immigrants are known to provide false social security numbers in order to prove they are documented workers, thus giving them to chance to start working. In October 2005, the earnings on which workers contribute towards Social Security racked up $520 billion.
                  However, some people still seem to believe that illegal immigrants are entitled to Social Security benefits. One fact that probably pushed the rumor is the vote in 2006 for an amendment to immigration reform laws. Although Senate passed the amendment with a 50-49 vote, the bill died and there ended the amendment. Therefore, the truth is that illegal immigrants will only have a right to Social Security once they are granted amnesty, and when that does happen, they will have a right to Social Security benefits for prior work done in the country.

Do illegal immigrants pay into the Social Security system and never collect retirement benefits?

"Undocumented workers also contribute towards Social Security taxes - the figure stands at a surprising $6 billion annually. The National Immigration Law Center says the money is directed towards the Earnings Suspense File, which is a repository for Social Security taxes which are paid by illegal immigrants who have either used false identities, forged document or incorrect Social Security numbers."

Before spreading false statements about Social Security, read the information on the government web site to learn first hand how Social Security works. Those who thrive on bashing their political opponents by promoting fear and jealously of foreigners do not always get it right. We all need to work together to keep the facts straight and lies out.

Have a great day, Repairguy.

Exactly right Q, I work with foreign students, who come here for the summer...they still have FICA taken out of their checks, which obviously they will never see.

2. Josak profile image59
                    Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that is the distinctive odor of BURN

3. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
                  Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I enjoyed that history lesson you provided.  It would be good if it were in a hub so we can 'share' it on Facebook with friends.

3. paintphd profile image60
      paintphdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's typical of how Obama came to power, through Chicago style intimidation tactics and playing sensitive issues to stir fear. Mr.Obama can be judged by the company he keeps, many of his cohorts have broken out in handcuffs as of late. Three of his opponent's withdrew from the Senate race allowing him to gain election unopposed. I question, as others do, if the seat he acquired was up for sale when he left it, if it was not for sale when he won it. Did he put his DOJ onto the jig to retaliate against it going to a Republican? Go to the site below the "Teflon Don's" picture and read up on his BFF's .No president in modern history has divided the country more than this president. He's shameless in his tactics of playing emotional mind game's with women by turning a contraceptive issue into a smear campaign against what he calls the GOP's desire to take away women's health care. Women have always had access to most of the very things Obama Claims he's trying to protect. His administration knew this, so they have created calculated legislation as they did with requiring religious institutions to provide contraceptives so they could direct animosity to the GOP. Much the same as the legislation just introduced requiring what they have framed as a womens fairness in payroll act, requiring employer's to disclose what a male counterpart is paid, knowing any GOP resistance will inflame womens emotions with the GOP. His true agenda is not in the womens interest at all, but is to play to his union cronies and his consistantly growing socialization in government.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6541349.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6541399.jpg
      http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q … 447/?&

4. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The POTUS is a PUTZ!

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Interesting article.

3. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

It's appalling. But I expect some of the President's supporters will be along soon to explain why this is acceptable, necessary, and perhaps even commendable. sad. sad. sad

To anyone with an open mind, this should help give a glimpse of his character.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Character in politics? lol lol

1. profile image0

lol....really! I've talked to quite a few people and many, voting for Romney, don't like him. But dislike President Obama more. Amazing, they will vote to oust one and take a chance on another, not knowing where he stands on anything. Kinda like buying a lottery ticket and hoping to win big! lol

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

Hmmmm. Quite interesting article.  It seems that Obama is mistrustful of Republicans and he wants to ascertain accountability.  However, isn't this list thing going too far.  I think so!

5. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Sounds like someone's been wearing the foil hat.

6. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

What's the problem? These people ARE the enemy in my book, and it's time they are shown for who they are.

Hiding in shadows..shadow gvt. Has gotten us where we are. Billionaires who hide money should not be able to hide affiliation.

You support RMoney, Russsshhhhhhhh, Fixed Shmooze---I want to know--so I can get as far away from you as I can!

You all STILL want Obama to fight fire with kindness...That doesn't work. You have to fight Nasty with Nasty. And there are none nastier than Repuglicans.

Welcome to your world...the one you created with Lee Atwater. Ruined a good and decent man. (Dukakis)

1. habee profile image92

You know I don't like Rush - I've called him out on these forums. I've done the same with Zimmerman, Santorum, Gingrich, Paul, Beck, and Romney. I'm not like you - I don't think one side is evil and the other is god-like.

lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Give me a break. God-like nothing. Just pols who don't put profit over people 24/7, 365 days a year. Your dude is more interested in his bank account and those of his peers than this country. Every thing he proposes will help 2 sectors: the rich and the uber rich.

And I have tried to be specific.....THIS crop of GOP, this GOP, this Cult. If you want to act like these are your average everyday Republicans go ahead. They are not.

The sooner they die a political death, the better we will all be.

Oh--and Romney supports the NDAA.
        Since you all had fun bashing Obama for it.....maybe you can admit that you are not that different than me. You play favorites too. And the amount of threads you start that are negative towards Obama far outweigh anything positive you may say about him.

1. habee profile image92

I assure you that I've started more pro-Obama threads than you have pro-Republican threads. And I said I was disappointed with Romney for saying that he'd have signed NDAA.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I just hate it when millionaires unfairly try to run the political game. And they're all Republicans. LOL!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7068/6780249440_987940700c.jpg

1. profile image0

Some may feel all Republicans, but I know both are guilty!

1. habee profile image92

True dat!

2. lovemychris profile image76

I do not care one iota for Blue-Dogs, and have made that clear. Are they Republicans? No--they are Democrats.

Repubs
          Blue-Dogs
          Neo-Cons
          Zionists

Fair enough? Now--which on that list is Obama? Ehhhhhhhh.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezr … ezra-klein

2. lovemychris profile image76

Did he hide his donation? No he didn't He came right out with it...ON HIS SHOW.

So--what are the GOP donors trying to hide? We see where hiding gets us: ALEC.

WE have a right to know where the Obama-Bashers come from, what their agenda is, and who they work for. It is, after all OUR country too....not just the 7 figure and up crowd.

We can't afford to buy influence...we should know who does. IMO

Firm Gives $1 Million to  Pro-Romney Group, Then Dissolves, MSNBC, August 2011.
        "Need a good example of the secret money fueling the 2012 election? This mystery company donated $1 million to the pro-Romney super PAC Restore Our Future—and then promptly dissolved. At the time, it was one of the biggest contributions of the election cycle."

You go Obama. THIS is their stock-in-trade...and WHY we need sunlight on it!

1. profile image0

Yes once you libs find out who they are you can drag them out in the street and stone them to death for the hateful crimes of outsourcing jobs, and not liking socialism.

http://www.redstate.com/snarkandboobs/files/2011/02/union-thugs.jpg

1. profile image0

The mess we're in started with Reagan, Bush Sr continued, Clinton signed NAFTA, Bush Jr more of the same, and now Obama continueing in the tradition of the previous Presidents. No with your theory, everyone needs to be stoned to death. Have a good day!

1. habee profile image92

If Obama is continuing the same bad policies, why are you supporting him?

1. profile image0

Bad policies? Example please?

1. profile image0

Bad policy as far as wasting time setting up trade agreements and helping other countries finacially, rather then helping the impovished at home. I support him for many reasons. Healthcare, unemployment down, economy on an upswing, and the following link, as the accomplishments are too numerous to list here. http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/mai … -2009.html

2. habee profile image92

I was referencing your statement about Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama. Are you two different people? You seem to be contradicting yourself, so I'm confused.

1. profile image0

Answer was quite clear. I hoped he would have done away with NAFTA and eliminated foreign aid until we got our finances in order. Then you asked why am I supporting him. Again, here is the link. http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/mai … -2009.html

2. profile image0

That's pretty funny! I needed a laugh.

7. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 12 years ago

From the article:

These are people like Paul Schorr and Sam and Jeffrey Fox, investors who the site outed for the crime of having "outsourced" jobs. T. Martin Fiorentino is scored for his work for a firm that forecloses on homes. Louis Bacon (a hedge-fund manager), Kent Burton (a "lobbyist") and Thomas O'Malley (an energy CEO) stand accused of profiting from oil. Frank VanderSloot, the CEO of a home-products firm, is slimed as a "bitter foe of the gay rights movement."

1)  So, the Obama campaign is pointing out that a contributor "outsourced jobs."  What's the big deal?  The author of the article states Schorr and Fox were "outed."  Really?  Are they keeping their outsourcing a big secret?  This is a legal activity so how is this a smear?  It is merely a fact.
    2)  The author states Fiorentino is "scored" for his work for a firm that forecloses on homes.  Again, a legal activity.  Is Fiorentino ashamed of his work?
    3)  A hedge-fund manager, a lobbyist, and an energy CEO are "accused" of "profiting from oil."  Again, are they embarrassed by how they've made their money?  How is stating how they make their money a smear?
    4)  Is VanderSloot a "bitter foe of the gay rights movement"?  Again, is he ashamed of that?

Really, I fail to see what is so horrible.  I fully support sunshine laws for campaign financing.  If Romney wants to make a list of major Obama donors and explain what they do for a living and where they have previously spent their money, I'm all for it.  If he wants to put me in a the list and describe me as "a bitter foe of factory farming and outspoken supporter of women's rights," then go for it!  Of course, he probably doesn't care about my pittance of a donation.

1. habee profile image92

I'm not ashamed of my donations, but some people don't want people to know who they vote for or support. They see it as a private matter. In fact, they say it's the reason voting booths have those little curtains. lol

Like you, my donations have always been small, so I don't think they'll show up on the Obama website, but I wouldn't care if they did.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree that voting should be private, but I also believe that major donations should be disclosed.  I think the author of this article was trying to make it look like Obama was attacking and smearing, but I just don't see it, at least not as it was presented here.

1. habee profile image92

I wouldn't like to be accused by the POTUS as "betting against America" just because I donated to the Romney campaign. Private citizens should be able to donate to any candidate they like, without fear of reprisal from the POTUS.

2. profile image0

@PrettyPanther, I agree, those people were outed for not having the best interests of the American people in mind in the past. And I also agree all major donations should be disclosed to see if they have a hidden agenda in their donation.

8. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

Again no answer, sorry. You "think" he will do this or that. What plan has he set in concrete to make SS better, reduce the national debt, healthcare, create jobs and so on. I'm not trying to attack you here, by no means, but I have yet to hear Romney's plan to do any of those things. Other then he supports the Ryan plan and that scares me. He appears to be a candidate without a plan?

1. habee profile image92

The details are posted on his website:

http://www.mittromney.com/jobs

Habee, even though I support Obama, I do feel your pain.  As an American and/or better yet as a human being on God's earth, you have a right to support whatever candidate you wish.   You have a long road ahead of you on this post, good luck!

1. habee profile image92

Thanks! BTW, my best friend is a hardcore liberal Dem, and we "discuss" issues all the time, but we never get angry. I respect her opinions, and she respects mine. That's what America is all about!

Amen a multillion times!

2. profile image0

He has the same plan as President Bush had. And that didn't work now did it? He also seems to think lower the tax burden and the wealthy will create jobs.

1. profile image0

And instead of using our youngest and brightest, the following quote (from your link) worries me. Quote:"The United States needs to attract and retain job creators from wherever they come. Foreign-born residents with advanced degrees start companies, create jobs, and drive innovation at an especially high rate."

1. habee profile image92

Are you against legal immigration?

1. profile image0

LMAO...no, not at all. Read his statement. Needs to attract? What's wrong with attracting the youngest and brightest from this country? I love the way, you avoid answering with a question. I thought you mentioned a daughter with college degrees unable to find work? Perhaps her chance will be replaced with foreigh born residents if Romney is elected? His statement suggests foreign born residents are more motivated then Americans? I can only assume you agree with his statement, seeing how you avoided answering it?

1. habee profile image92

Sorry, I looked back, but I don't see your asking me a question.

If legal immigrants come here to invest in America and provide jobs for Americans with the businesses and industries they start, that's a good thing.

Of course it is.  America was/is/ and will be continued to be built by immigrants.  It is they who constantly provide new blood to the socioeconomic and sociopolitical processes of this great and noble country.

1. habee profile image92

I totally agree!

9. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

So instead of offering an opportunity for an American, it's better to bypass them and rebuild using foreign interests? Do you remember the impact of NAFTA and the H-1B program for nurses?

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

YOU are the one who said Obama has followed in the same BAD footsteps as the previous presidents - not me.

As for immigrants starting businesses here, of course, I had rather businesses be started by Americans. But...can we have too many businesses and too many jobs? We don't have to "attract" Americans - they're already here.

11. handymanbill profile image76
    handymanbillposted 12 years ago

Are you talking illegal immigrants or legal ones starting a business here.?? If they are legally here then what would be wrong with that. If they are not here legally then NO.

1. habee profile image92

LEGAL immigrants.

12. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Oh look at these 2 nice and respectful posts about our president...I'm waiting for someone-- ANYONE to ake them to task for their divisive comments........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just as I thought. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ONLY complain whem LMC does it~!

Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

(Repairguy47) The POTUS is still a PUTZ.

(Unknown whiner) Stop that repairguy!!

(Repairguy47) No!

(Unknown whiner) Fine, I'm reporting you to the Cartagena,Colombia division of the Secret Service!

(Bill Clinton) Did someone say Colombian Prostitutes?

(Unknown whiner) Never mind Repairguy, carry on.

paintphdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So true, the administration is so rife with scandal, The comic writers don't have to write anymore...they just follow the new's....It's one big Jerry Springer episode.

2. paintphd profile image60

Will Obama Pardon Rezco and Blago? Of course he will, it's the Chicago Way.
        http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6542102_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6542109_f248.jpg

3. lovemychris profile image76

No silly---you are supposed to treat the opposition with respect and stop dividing the country.

at least I am...maybe you get a pass....and all the RW's here. They sure seem to.

I only speak for myself, I don't care what others may have to say about the PUTZ.

Good...then when someone complains that libs aren't civil...I will point to you as an example from the right.

Ok...roll

13. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

Chicago way?
    Nixon was from Chicago? 
    Scooter Libby was from Chicago?
    well, I'll be darned. Horn-swaggled and twirtipated!

Oh yeah...forgot the man of Enron fame...he was pardoned too. He too was a Chicagoan? My my. Who knew?

----Kenny-Boy Lay!

14. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Habee, this is getting good.....wonder where this discourse is going! Have a good night!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)