To what is this attributed?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (118 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

Once again, 3 years after he's been prez:

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e … cretary-of

And yet:

"Mitt's father. George W. Romney, was born in Mexico. He sought and almost got the Republican Presidential nomination in 1968. There is no record of his eligibility to hold the office of POTUS ever having been questioned."

Any ideas as to why this disparity?

1. shea duane profile image58
      shea duaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I grew up in New Mexico, and I know a lot of people from Arizona or who now live in Arizona... most are nice people. BUT some of the people who live there are the worst, meanest, nastiest 'whites only' racists I've ever met. They look down on everyone who is not white, rich, and superior. I have a relative there who goes on and on about people she calls 'wetbacks' while all her 'servants' are Latinos from across the border. It's a very strange land of hypocracy and moral blindness. Too bad because it is a very beautiful landscape.

1. peoplepower73 profile image89
        peoplepower73posted 11 years agoin reply to this

shea duane:  Your relatives and my relatives must be neighbors.  They are ultra-conservatilve.  The last time we met, my sister-in-law tried to tell me that we are becoming a NAZI state.  I asked why and she said we are losing are freedom of speech. Congress is passing a law to remove all of Rush Limbaugh's sponsers so that he will be taken off of the air.  I tried to reason with her, but to no avail. And then we get into terrible arguments.

Peoplepower, strange isn't it? If I say something, I've been "brainwashed' by the liberal media; if they say something and I ask about the source, I'm denying their Constitutional right to free speech. I didn't know free speech meant allowing stupid people to repeat BS heard on talk radio!

also, why would congress want to silence limbaugh? many in congress are uber-conservatives...

lovemychrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pullleeeeze....the 97th Congress had Russsshhhhhhhhhhh give the lead speech at their inaugeration!

They love rush IMO--he says what they think, but can't say. And he is cruel like no other...well, maybe that cruella Atlas Shrugged witch....

Who eles can give credence to their hidden hatred?  i know--i know....they don't hate, only liberals hate blah blah BLAH.

2. peoplepower73 profile image89

When I analyze on issue I do the research and try to get to the root cause of the problem.  I tried to tell them that the removal of the Glass-Stegal Act was the root cause of the financial meltdown...and their eyes just glaze over like I'm some kind of idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about. I tell them I'm presenting verifiable facts and it's still no dice.

the truth is... shhhhhhhh... leon trotsky is still alive and is pulling the strings of the democratic party... we are all reds and want to change America's name to Killtherichica.
              No really, I think people hate Prez Obama because if you listen to him, you have to admit that intelligence isn't limited to people with white skin and blue eyes. (My son has beautiful brown eyes, btw 8-)  )

2. lovemychris profile image77

Lot of people like that here too.....was called "as bad as the deep south" by a since departed chief of police.

3. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful landscape ruined by ugly people!

2. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Because your country has a rule stating that POTUS must be born in the USA?

Al Obama needs to do is release his birth certificate.

How much problem can that be?

George Romney was BORN in Mexico....no one questioned his eligibilty....same rules back then.

Why did he get a pass, and Obama is harrassed years after it was confirmed?

That is what I'm asking. How come Obama has to "prove" his birth, but Romney, who truly wasn't born here had no problems?

Are dems and libs more tolerant perhaps?
        No media seemed to care.

Did they not care about the Constitution back then? What? The greatest generation not caring about the constitution??

Double standard, and I want to know why.

3. Lions Den Media profile image60
      Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So precisely what is your argument -- that Romney's father, who was never elected President of the US, justifies Obama's presidency because both Barry and George were born outside the US?

As for Obama being "harrassed" he was never questioned by the mainstream press. In fact he was never made to answer any questions of substance by the elite media. Hence, your "double standard" claim is rather dubious at best.

Another fact is that both of George Romney's parents were American citizens and accordingly any child born on foreign soil to American citizen parents are considered "citizens". In Obama's case he had an American mother and African father who was not a citizen.

Man sues for racism......Bout Time!

"In a six-minute YouTube video, Dr. Christian Head, an otolaryntologist at the UCLA's medical school, says he was the subject of repeated criticism during an annual event in which residents performed mocking roasts of their professors.

"In the final slide was a photo…of a gorilla, on all fours, with my head Photoshopped onto the gorilla with a smile on my face," Head says in the video. "And a Caucasian man, completely naked, sodomizing me from behind, and my boss' head Photoshopped onto the person smiling."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/1 … 28297.html

Organizer of TP in Boston where miss sarah appeared "allegedly" sent an e-mail saying: "The Obama's...just another black family on public housing."

All these e-mails making the rounds with such derogatory images....the hateful web-sites with their hate-filled articles.....

And yet---Mitt Romney has refused to release his tax returns.... said "well, Kerry only released 2"....Kerry released 12.
    Seems to me, ole Mitt gets away with murder in the public arena...and his father did too.
    Must be a reason.

3. lovemychris profile image77

Did everyone hear about Sarah's hubby's old political party?

The AIP (american independence party)....wanted to secede frm America. Founder said "I will no be buried under that flag"..(ours)...did you hear about it?

duh, NO.

was it on national news every day, all day and night like "g-d Dam America"....

duh, NO.

Does anyone go around depicting Mitt as a guy with multiple wives?......duh...
    No...even DEMS say: "Bain's not so bad".....

These people are snakey. Like Wile E.Coyote. Play the victim while stabbing you in the back.

I read that about Sarah Palin's husband... how was she elected governor of Alaska? Does everyone in Alaska agree with the AIP? Why would she want to be VP if she wants her own state to autonomous? I don't get it???

A lot about her was kept hushed. Ironically, the National Enquirer nailed her.
        Also ironic is the fact that when she was growing up, her family used to go across the border to Canada for healthcare, because it was free!

so much for "down with universal healthcare"  !!

4. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 11 years ago

LMC, what are you raging about?

Bad things happen on both sides of the aisle. Encouraging that kind of behavior, ignoring good behavior, and digging up old topics to smear 'the other side' is pointless.

Give me an example of Obama smearing Romney.

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

1 - You are raging about things that have nothing to do with Romney, and trying to tie them to Romney/Obama. Completely irrelevant.

2 - Obama's attacks on Bain are completely false. Bain didn't control Ampad when it went under. The union leader Randy Johnson is being paraded around by Obama's team. Johnson wouldn't agree to the union taking a pay cut to keep their plant solvent.

Why should they take a cut? How much do the managers make? The ceos? Why don't THEY ever take a cut?

And it has everything to do with Romney. He is a 1% who wants to make life better for the 1%.

He is proposing cutting taxes MORE for the uber rich...what good will that do? Obama want a 39% tax on the Ubers....will that really hurt?

1. profile image0

Romney did cut CEO's salaries. It's part of the Bain Way. Instead of executives having large salaries, they would tie their pay to the company's profits. If the company doesn't make profits, the execs, don't get paid hardly anything.

And yes, taxing the rich(and businesses) 39% is a bad idea. We already have the highest corporate tax rate in the world, which drives businesses to other countries. It's called being competetive.

The top 1% pay a tax rate that is 17 times higher than the bottom 50%. They are paying their fair share.

The bottom 50% of Americans pay... wait for it... under 2% federal income tax.

And those over $106,000 pay 0 FICA.

Taxes are the lowest they have been in 40 years..that canard is just that.--a canard!
              Otherwise please explain how the rich got richer while the poor got poorer, and the middle fell.....how did that happen?

1. profile image0

Do you know what would happen if the rich paid FICA on income over the cap?

THEY WOULD HAVE MORE BENEFITS COMING TO THEM IN THE FUTURE.

You get back what you put in, so if the rich paid more, they would get more back.

Unless you say they should pay FICA over the cap without getting any more benefits out of it(which would be a forced redistribution of wealth).

Do you support forced redistribution of wealth?

Want to bet? I'll provide the proof again.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html

Top 1% paid 24.01% taxes. Bottom 50% paid 1.85%.

Corporate tax rates(effective)

http://taxfoundation.org/files/sr195.pdf

I bet you believe that GE paid no taxes last year, don't you?

The rich get richer because it's easier to make money when you have money. Standard of living has still increased, but we live in an age of billionaires which makes people think life is unfair.

By the way, lottery winners make up a large portion of the top 400 earners each year.

And all those rich people pay tremendously higher tax rates than the bottom 50%.

Do you think it's unfair for 50% of Americans to pay less than 2% while the top 1% pays 24%?

That's not true what you said about the FICA cap and more benefits coming to the rich. Social Security is solvent until 2037 and then it will be able to pay 70% of it's payments.  By removing the 106,800 cap, it will cause that gap to be closed in 2037.  The payouts won't be proportioned to who pays more. Social security payments are like an insurance premimum. There would be no redistribution of wealth. How long do you think it takes right now for a multi-millionaire to reach the cap..one week or two weeks?

1. profile image0

The projections for what raising the cap would do depends on how that money is handled. It could make the problem WORSE unless you basically take the extra money from the rich and say 'thanks for paying, you get no increased benefit from paying this money'.

It's redistribution. You tax the rich more but they get no more benefit.

If they get more benefit, then that money doesn't go anywhere else, so it doesn't help the problem at all.

5. lovemychris profile image77

ps: asking you a question is not raging. Why don't you stop the deragatory crap as well.

1. profile image0

I say raging because you seem to be trying to dig up any crap on any R from any time period and tie that to Romney/Obama.

Too bad! Romeny's been lying about Obama from the get-go. He can take what he gives.

And you can tell him to stop before you tell me.

1. profile image0

How has Romney been lying?

You can tell Romney to stop as well. I generally don't write letters to politicians.

Heres' 2...you can read more.

Obama "Has Not Created Any New Jobs"

If Mitt Romney can't prove his boasts about his own job creation record, neither can he justify his blatant lie about President Obama's:

"25 million people are out of work because of Barack Obama. And so I'll compare my experience in the private sector where, net-net, we created over 100,000 jobs."

"I'll compare that record with his record, where he has not created any new jobs."

Sadly for Mitt Romney, the Bush recession began in December 2007. As ThinkProgress rightly noted, "The private sector has added 2.3 million new jobs since March 2010, and it took the Obama economy one year to create more jobs than the economy under President Bush did in eight." As The Economist explained earlier, the recession was not at its deepest just as Barack Obama was entering office, but far worse than official statistics revealed at the time. Romney might also want to check with former McCain economic adviser Mark Zandi as well as the non-partisan CBO, who concluded that the Obama stimulus program "added up to 0.9 million jobs in 2009, 3.3 million jobs in 2010 and 2.6 million jobs in 2011."

Obama's Debt Exceeds All Previous Presidents Combined

Mitt Romney didn't just lie about Barack Obama's jobs record. At the Sioux City debate, he got President Obama's contribution to the federal debt all wrong as well:

"We all understand that the spending crisis is extraordinary, with $15 trillion now in debt, with a president that's racked up as much debt as almost all of the other presidents combined."

Of course, we don't all understand that, because it's not true. After Ronald Reagan tripled the gross national debt and George W. Bush doubled it again, Uncle Sam's red ink totaled almost $11 trillion when Barack Obama took the oath of office."
            http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/mitt … igger-lies

1. profile image0

As a percentage of the population, nothing has changed under Obama.

http://www.debate.org/forums/politics/topic/20990/

I've outlined the details there. As of 2011, we were 3.5 million jobs away from being where we were in 2009.

Romeny lied....no problem for you? Then  don't complain when people rag on Mittens!!

1. profile image0

No, he didn't really lie. If the unemployment rate doesn't change during a president's time, would you say he created jobs?

"he created no new jobs"

Is a lie.

"Our president thinks America is in decline."

Is a lie.

"a president that's racked up as much debt as almost all of the other presidents combined."

Is a lie.

"If President Obama is reelected, you will not be able to get a job."

Is a lie.

"I will reverse President Obama's massive defense cuts."

Is a lie.

"Obamacare is a plan that takes over 100 percent of the people in the country and their health care"

Is a lie.

By raising the mythical red menace of communism and falsely attributing it to Barack Obama, Romney in the words of Paul Krugman had introduced "The Big Lie" into his "Post-Truth Campaign." While Andrew Sullivan announced "Mitt Romney is a big, fat liar," Steve Benen lamented that "Romney, allegedly the responsible one in the Republican field, has been reduced to lying uncontrollably." And while Greg Sargent in the past had expressed amazement at "Mitt Romney's casual, effortless falsehoods," New York Magazine's Jonathan Chait explained that Romney's red scare rose to a whole new level of duplicity:

"This isn't just a casual line. In eight sentences, Romney asserts over and over again that Obama wants to create "equal outcomes" and give everybody the "same rewards." This is nuts, Glenn Beck-level insane. Restoring Clinton-era taxes is not a plan to equalize outcomes, or even close. It's not even a plan to stop rising inequality. Obama's America will continue to be the most unequal society in the advanced world -- only slightly less so. The alternative proposals accelerate inequality even further."

Not just me sayin it.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
                Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Baby Boomers were born 1946-1964.
                If you can't get something that basic and indisputable right, how are we to trust any number you cite?
                roll

1. profile image0

When did I say that?

1. Mighty Mom profile image78

This post is directly from the debate.org forum you linked to above:

At 5/19/2012 2:07:31 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
                    Why do we use the U3 data for unemployment? I'm tired of hearing how unemployment is down, when so many people just aren't counted as unemployed anymore.

2005 - 5.1% Unemployment(U3), 8.9% U6
                    3.7% spread.
                    2008 - 5.8% Unemployment(U3), 10.5% U6
                    4.7% spread.
                    2011 - 8.9% Unemployment(U3), 15.9% U6
                    7% spread.

In actuality, our situation isn't that good. Let's look at it another way. In 2009, there were 139,877,000 employed persons and a 9.3% unemployment rate. In 2011, there were 139,869,000 employed persons and an 8.9% unemployment rate. So even with 4 million more people in the population, 10,000 less people were working in 2011 than in 2009(and yet unemployment went down).

http://www.bls.gov...

Basically, in 2011 we were 3.5 million jobs away from really being at 8.9% unemployment.

It's called retirement. The baby-boomers are just now retiring. Retirement age is 65. Baby-boomers were born from '45-50.

Retirees are not included in the labor force, so they have nothing to do with unemployment rates. Unemployment is the percentage of the labor force that is unemployed, not the percentage of citizens.

People who retire leave the labor force. Your numbers don't show the total influx of laborers. They show the net gain/loss. And the large number of retirees would skew those figures.

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Back to the original question of the thread.
    I thought this was the answer and also seem to recall that McCain had a similar issue, being born outside the US to American citizen parents.

This from abcnews.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 … president/

Romney was born to American citizens living in a Mormon church colony in Chihuahua, Mexico.

Even though he wasn’t born in a United States territory or state, George Romney was given citizenship at birth because he was born to American citizens, essentially granting him the status of a natural-born citizen.

“When you’re born outside the United States to [U.S.] citizens, you have citizenship at birth,” explained Peter J. Spiro, a professor of law and an expert on the law of citizenship at Temple University. “You don’t have to do anything to claim your citizenship. You are a citizen from birth.”

7. lovemychris profile image77

25 million people out of work because of Barack Obama??....an this guy wants to be prez???

Give me a break.

1. profile image0

Also, almost as much debt is what Romney said. You have to take into effect the debt that Obama has added that we haven't hit yet, deficits are still going to add trillions and trillions if Obama keeps going.

How does lowering taxes on the rich, lower the debt?  Do they pay off more of the debt.  When you have a credit card with a huge debt, stopping spending does not pay off that debt, nor does an austerity program. If you think trickle down economics will reduce the debt, talk to the people who were around during the Reagan administration.  It didn't work then and it's not going to work now.

1. profile image0

Lowering taxes on everybody, ESPECIALLY corporations, will boost the economy and get unemployment back down(it's really at 11.5-ish percent right now). If we become competitive on an international level, we'll have more corporations in the US, more jobs, and that means more people paying taxes.

You don't raise taxes when you have double-digit unemployment.

There are two main reasons for unemployment being so high.  The financial meltdown caused banks to hold onto their cash.  Many business that used to get short term loans to keep their businesses operating had to close their doors and layoff people because they could not get those loans.  Corporations outsource their work to other countries not because of lower taxes, but lower labor costs many of those jobs are never coming back.  I don't care how much taxes are lowered.  Look at where your clothes are made and where you call goes to for service support.

8. profile image0

Mightymom, when did I say that, what you quoted?

9. lovemychris profile image77

Romney is not Obama to speak for him. and neither are you.

10. lovemychris profile image77

A dense wind just blew.......

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e … cretary-of

another slight breeze of fog:  georgie-boy was NEVER questioned about his birth...though he was, in fact not born here!

Obama, a United States Citizen, has been subject to continuous harrassment by  rw media and sundry hangers on....

Just wondering why the different treatment? Libs are nicer?

Why do you think?

1. profile image0

LMC, two different people have addressed this.

If you are born to citizens on foreign soil, you're a citizen.

But if Obama was born in Kenya to an American mom...he's not a citizen....interesting....

Mexican father....no problemo. Born in Hawaii.....you in trouble boy!

1. profile image0

Obama didn't have TWO American parents.

But he was born here.

14th amendment.

And Trumps madre is from Scotland.  No one gave him a ration of sh*t.
            Libs are just nicer....I've decided.

1. profile image0

People are saying, if he wasn't born here, he wouldn't be a citizen.

Trump's mother is from Scotland, or is Scottish?

You aren't comparing apples to apples.

2. Lions Den Media profile image60
              Lions Den Mediaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LMC: Trump was born in the US. And what does Trump have to do with where Obama is born? Socialists are "nicer"? WTF does that have to do with anything -- show me the proof and I don't need your mindless little drivel.  Since you brought up Trump and have some childish fantasy that libs are "nicer" because a few people question Obama's place of birth  -- Trump once paid off a families mortgage for giving him a ride home one night when his car broke down. The following are the facts regarding who is nicer since that appears to be of value to you so because I'm a giver I'm providing you evidence to reevaluate your "nicer lib" theory. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl … l_giv.html

Trump's mother is Scottish. So. that makes him 1/2 American, right?

Oh, maybe he's not American at all like Obama....maybe we should start asking him where his loyalties lie, to USA, or the Queen? I mean--what kind of Crown propaganda was he subjct to as a child? And his wife is foreign.....his kid is also 1/2 American!

AND howdy-doo.....R Money, Trump and Gingrich are having a big money raiser in Lost Wages soon.
                why--I do declare that R Money is taken by Trump's birfer/barfer nonsense.

He won't denounce it---he embraces it!

so much for character a$$-a$$-ination MITTENS.

put your helmet on chump.

11. lovemychris profile image77

AHHHHHH! NOW we know!!

Obama WAS born here, he FAKED being born in Kenya to get affirmative action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlN_WT3Z7Vc

ohhh, nothing gets by these birfers. er, ah...barfers.

1. profile image0

LMC, you're being ridiculous.

The whole point is, there would have been no reason to question Romney's eligibility. It's not a double standard, there was just no question there.

It's not the same scenario at all.

Why not? They just took his word for it? How come? And why no other prez ever had to prove birth??

Where's R Money's certificate?

I'M being ridiculous??
        Russsshhhhhhhhhh and Hucklesbee are the ones saying it's NOW a conspiracy by Obama to FAKE his birth in Kenya!

for affirnmative action, no less.....oh no, no hint of racism here.

Just heard him.....Mitt Romney..he is a slime ball and a liar.

1. profile image0

Romney was born to 2 US citizens. Obama wasn't. That's why it's a different scenario.

I'm not a birther. But you are saying that it's hypocritical to ask someone who could possibly not be a citizen and not ask someone who couldn't possibly not be a citizen.

You heard Mitt Romney talking about the birth certificate?

2. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why is it ridiculous when R's are called on their lies? They have tried to discredit Obama from the start. If he saved the world, the R's would not give him any credit for it. Obama has produced his birth certificate twice now, to shut up idiots, when he was vetted by the proper authorities before the presidential race to see if he had any issues anyway. Now, perhaps, some R's are not aware that Hawaii is a state of the U.S? Why shouldn't we see Romney's BC if his father was born in Mexico? Obama has to endure this crap because his father is from Kenya. If you don't see a double standard here, you need to get your eyes checked.

1. profile image0

Mitt Romney's father was born to US. Citizens, he was a citizen at birth. It's not a double standard. His father wasn't a Mexican.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92

The thread begins with the statement that Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico. This would make him Mexican, just as being born in Kenya makes Obama's father Kenyan.

1. habee profile image93
              habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So...if your parents were both citizens of the US, and while your mom was preganant with you they traveled to France, and you were born in France, that would make you a citizen of France and not the US?

2. profile image0

Being born in Mexico doesn't make you Mexican. If both of your parents are US Citizens, you are a US citizen.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78

Correct.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92

I replied to this yesterday. My comment that being born of a US parent while travelling in another country makes the child not American was said in jest. I can't find my reply though.

3. lovemychris profile image77

Exactly...and no one cared when he RAN FOR PRESIDENT. it never came up.

And he was NOT born here! For sure!

But Obama runs for prez...and blammo! This issue of being born here is all the rage.

1. profile image0

LMC

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE BORN IN THE US TO BE A CITIZEN.

YOU JUST HAVE TO BE BORN TO US CITIZENS.

Do you understand?

There was no issue. There could have been no issue.

And there is no issue with Obama....

But they make it one.

So--I will make one of George Romney. and his 12 wives....or was that grandaddy?

1. profile image0

Honestly, I can see the issue with Obama if his grandma says he wasn't born in the US. At least there is a reason for it.

There is no reason for your point about Romney.

2. Shanna11 profile image75
                    Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let's not be childish. To me it looks like you're mad that some people are obsessed with a false issue, so you decide to find and complain about an issue on the opposing side? That's like what I did in elementary school, I told on a kid for something pointless, so he and his friends searched for ways to try and get me in trouble.... -shaking my head-

LMC I try to be fair, but it just looks to me like you will resolutely hate anything Republican, and proclaim the virtues of anything Democratic without actually considering the details and getting facts from both sides, no matter what it is!  You're blinded by your own bias. If the Democrats enacted a policy that hurt you, I don't know if you would actually criticize it or whether you would accept it because it's the Democrats who did it, and it seems like you think they can do no wrong. Same goes with Republicans enacting a policy that helps you-- I think you would still try and find something wrong with it.

I don't understand the Republicans and Democrats who are so party-loyal that it makes them utterly blind and a hinderance to progress.

12. lovemychris profile image77

Think what you want. I'm sick of taking it and then being told to shut up when it comes to giving.

We already know: Obama was not born here and wants to destory America with Marxist socialism and take all the riches money and give it to me.

We know he hates America, and is indoctrinating kids when he speaks in schools. His wife is an angry black woman who only cares about nutrition because she has a big posterior.

They look and act like monkeys, from the numerous e-mails that have been sent....and any of us who support him should move to Cuba immediately.

So--now what about R Money?

grandaddy had 12 wives....let's talk.

1. Shanna11 profile image75

I highly doubt the majority of Americans thinks any of that about Obama or his family, and the outspoken minority that does? Screw 'em. What do you care what they say about him? Clearly they are extremists-- just let it go. Obama is a big boy and his wife is a grown woman. They can take the childish words that others try to fling at them.

In fact, the only person I've ever seen say any of those things about Obama or his family is you.... you certainly aren't helping Obama by continually repeating all those things.

And as for Romney's grandparents-- why should he be held accountable for what his grandfather did? Should we hold Obama accountable for his law-breaking relatives, because I know he has a couple. Let people's own actions speak for them, not the actions of their relatives. We've all got family members we'd like to pretend don't exist...

It's not a small minority Shanna...it's on national tv and radio daily.

I suggest you speak up about Rush and Hannity and Romney himself if you want an end to divisive behavior.

And you don't live here...but trust me....they made an issue out of Obama's Aunt...big time. And it wasn't pretty.

Yet oddly, when Romney destroyed his gvr records.....there were a couple articles, and then poof it was gone.

Funny that no one cares that he did that...and to me it's a huge red flag.

So--like I've said a million times...I'll stop when they do.

Well, it is your choice. I just think you'd get your points and ideas across more effectively if you didn't stoop to their level.

It's the only language they understand.

When you say "they" you mean Republicans?

Keep in mind they aren't all like that. I consider myself Republican and I respect Obama, and like his wife a lot for her work with childhood obesity and healthy eating. She's inspired me to take better care of myself.

I wish everyonce could be like you Shanna....you are a sweet, decent person. But we are dealing with a different animal here--we are dealing with sorcerers. And I'm not kidding, so please don't think I'm being "dramatic".
                "We are not fighting flesh and blood, but principalities of ther air" (quote from the bible)

This is serious and very very bad.

When you compliment me, I automatically feel no urge to argue back. It's all part of your devious plot to flatter me into complacency. wink

That's actually a powerful tool!..think Sheherazade.....

13. profile image0

Ok I already said I have no problem with it.

Obama has produced his birth cerfticate several times.  The govenor of Hawaii has issued an injunction against anybody who tries to do any further investigation.  Not as a cover-up, but as  a nusiance created by birthers.  Why won't they leave this alone? It's because the right wing is still trying to discredit Obama so that Romney will get elected.  It's all right wing propaganda and it needs to stop. Trump tried it and it didn't work.  Orly Taitz tried it and it didn't work. I don't give a damn where Romney was born.  Just stop it.

1. profile image0

Stop what? I haven't done anything.

Colorado R Congressman said about Obama, "he's not an American". Big cheers from the audience.

R Sec of State who tried to block Obama from getting on the ballot in Az is Romneys campaign manager there.

The request to stop it must come from higher-up. The fact that is hasn't tells you all you need to know.

Orly Taitz was recruited by Bibi Netenyahu. It's he and the neo-cons once again. Bush/Cheney people on Romneys team, big praises for Cheney.

This is a warning: DANGER!

When these people make their accusations and then make their very weak apologies. It's like being in jury duty when the judge tells the jury "to un-ring the bell."  The information is already out there and it has planted a seed in the minds of those who want to believe this crap. And the brainwashing comes from the repetition of doing it over and over again in different forms.  JaxsonRaine:  That's what I mean by stop it.

Exactly....you start to doubt, and then little by little the psy-op seeps in.

2. profile image0
          Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did a forum about this.  This guy is unfit for public office.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)