New Panda refresh?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

Rumors of a Panda 3.9 refresh happening now at seroundtable.

PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whatever's happening, I can't complain, as my traffic seems to be getting a little extra love from Google today!

1. Lwelch profile image80
        Lwelchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Same here - noticed yesterday that stats are up a tad.... *hoping*

2. Bedbugabscond profile image91
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

Hrm, i am slightly down today, but not by much. I have hit a stall. It seems like the day a refresh happens I stall or dip, and then things increase from where they were before. Holding my breath and keeping my fingers crossed!

Well it might not be a refresh, the article's a bit vague...

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm slow today but have been on the upswing for several weeks.  I've been worrying about another hit from Panda as I got smacked pretty good the last time.  I'll be watching, that's for sure!

1. Bedbugabscond profile image91
          Bedbugabscondposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Its humpday, people are too busy just trying to get through the week than to be on the internet tongue.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 11 years ago

Not seeing anything significant that would indicate a Panda update.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

An OP on another thread just said their traffic dropped dead for no apparent reason...

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/100449

5. paradigmsearch profile image59

And my blog traffic today was 1/3 of yesterday.

My HP traffic appears relatively the same though.

6. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

I have seen a nice uptick in traffic over the the last few days. Hope it is not a long drawn out pre-panda hit surge.

1. Lwelch profile image80

so maybe not.  numbers still looking up... so still hoping.  lost 50% of my traffic with panda.

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

One of my crashed subs has seen a significant increase in Google traffic, and I know someone else who hasn't forum posted, who has lost most of their traffic, just in the last 12 - 18 hours or so.

So something is happening, a Google flux?

8. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

About time...

On my primary account....

I had gone from page 3 - page 47

and now I am top of page 2.... which is great...

But there are major bugs with this account here because my new hubs are being linked to unfinished -unpublished hubs, so whats the deal?  I'm noticing lots of strange things with my account... almost as if it is being manipulated via a proxy! sad   

Even my accolades keep getting taken away, all my links are 'Bad' and my hubs are getting 're-grouped' into other irrelevant topics, after publishing!  All my best works seem to have been sand-boxed - because they are getting nothing!  Lucky I have a thick skin or I'd think I'm being s-crew-ed with! smile

1. Johnkadu123 profile image69
      Johnkadu123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have not noticed anything yet but I am sure they are going to do an update which is going to create temporary havoc. My rudimentary research indicates that the hub pages are trying to cope with the changes.

2. Lwelch profile image80

have you changed your password to make sure that you haven't been hacked?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that but.... I can't tell you....  big_smile 
        [Looks around in a completely paranoid manner and thinks "Pssstt where's that hacker hiding now?]  yikes

9. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 11 years ago

I have not see any affect on my traffic recently -- positively or negatively.

10. paradigmsearch profile image59

My traffic is higher than normal for a Friday... My pulse rate has quickened. big_smile

Traffic is generally up for the site, according to Quancast, and mine is up too.  It might be the HP changes to the site that are helping though, as Google have said there's been no update to the algo.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you say...

It might be the HP changes to the site that are helping though...
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go along with that. big_smile

HP Staff is probably feeling pretty good right now. And they should.

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
          Jason Marovichposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1  Nice to see some positives instead of negatives aimed at HP staff, for a change.  I feel like an idiot defending people I don't know personally, but I've had to bite my lip many times as I see the changes in accordance with what the top social sites are doing.  I think a lot of us forget that yes, HubPages is a writer's site, but it's also a social site for many.  Well done HP staff.  I do like the changes. smile

1. Bedbugabscond profile image91
            Bedbugabscondposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am still pretty new, so i dont see numbers a lot of you do. But I am really pleased with the numbers I am seeing. Whatever Hubpages staff is doing seems to be working. smile

2. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Traffic on Squidoo has shown exactly the same pattern as Hubpages over the last week. I reckon some changes in the search algo (rather than Panda or Penguin) favored us for the first time in months.

1. charliegrumples profile image38
          charliegrumplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm still on around 40% of what I was so I hope whatever changes are being made will bring at least some of that back

2. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is interesting to know - I don't use Squidoo so wouldn't have known that.

I have not seen much change at all across my ridiculous number of subdomains - most remain static.

BUT, two went up, one got the traffic back it lost in the April Panda update, and the other just went up, up, up. It went up before the 'flux' or whatever it was, so probably isn't related.

Let's not forget that a few people have also lost most of their traffic this week, too.

So, a bit less of the 'well done Hubpages, thanks for the changes' is on order, as not everyone is winning here.

I mean, the changes are all well and good and will no doubt bear well for the future, but this has been a typical algo change 'flux'. Folk losing almost all their traffic, or gaining back what they lost previously, and then some.

I agree with Will here.

It's always difficult to gauge the effects of changes across the HP site for us individual hubbers.  All we have are things like our own traffic stats, quantcast data, and what others are saying in the forums - all of which are pretty crude tools for understanding what is happening and can throw up conflicting information.  We rely on HP staff to give us an idea of what is happening, which they have been doing very effectively in recent times!  smile

Having a variety of small to medium sized sites (15 - 150 articles) is my strategy at the moment (in the past I aspired to have a 1000 hub account, but now i see how most of the big 'success stories' are suffering and it puts me off!) - I now have 3 HP accounts, 4 Bloggers, 3 Wordpress, 2 Squidoo, 1 infobarrel, and 1 Wizzley!   It does give you a wider picture of what's happening.  Whether it is a profitable strategy, I am not sure yet!  lol

Or.......

You could write a really book that isn't affected by search engine manipulation and perfectly highlights the diversity of your thinking, in a manner far superior to your current defense of fragmented hubs!  big_smile  smile   
              [Oh if only, as with law, we were paid for the number of words used in saying nothing... in so many meaningful words! smile]

11. TahoeDoc profile image79
    TahoeDocposted 11 years ago

No real change for me- still down where I've been for a while now. Not thrilled, but waiting until Papa-G sees the pure genius in my hubs again  smile I'm sure it'll be any….day….now…. LOL.

Umm...... Not being recognized in that burka mask huh?  sad

12. TahoeDoc profile image79
    TahoeDocposted 11 years ago

I KNEW there had to be an easy answer. Thanks friend big_smile

You're Welcome... truly...

I was just trying to draw attention to those really beautiful eyes of yours...

Now that I have... don't change your avatar...

Make dem Gmen Drawl....

You Watch Doc.... Your traffic Will Improve!!  big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)