Is it not true that we are all sons and daughters of God?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image81
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

When he first came to fame as a conspiracy theorist David Icke got saddled in the media as the former-footballer who claimed he was the "Son of God" when what he actually said is that we are all sons and daughters of God. I agree with this.

1. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I Agree too.. and name of the God is "PARENTS".

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True and Jesus said this and also "Me and my father are one" meaning I am god as well not only his son. smile

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this as GOD being the Source and Energy (electricity) of everything.  We are all part of the same with no distinctions or divisions ands if or buts.

4. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Steve, I am daughter of Chuck. Son of nobody. big_smile

5. fishmox profile image60
      fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no that is not true.  all men are creations of God, but not all men are children of God.

6. Ambition profile image60
      Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GOD is not limited to Human body or time so, for him we are only souls which he created.

1. benakoa profile image60
        benakoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I somewhat agree that to the notion of a timeless formless begining and driving force that is not necessarilly an inteligence per say (with human characteristics of emotion,physical form or etherreal).

7. Mobile Phones profile image57
      Mobile Phonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...where Father is the God and Mother is the Goddess.

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Me to, are we agreeing that we are all sons and daughters of God????????

3. scheinandras profile image60
    scheinandrasposted 14 years ago

I agree as well:) I want to be one of god's sons too:)

4. profile image0

Someone go and get Mark.   all the religious freaks are agreeing with each other, get Blondepoet and Chris A and Shan something to give us a special congratulations thingio... quick before someone disagrees...

5. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Well, speaking for myself, I'm no-one's daughter...

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

does that mean you are someones son.....

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. He played rugby for Scotland but I don't think even that qualifies him as God wink

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He did?..I met a couple of the Scottish players (when they played The All Blacks)..years ago now ..Garth ( he was the Cap.) cute ,no but I believe God likes Rugby smile

1. Paraglider profile image87
            Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm talking way back - in the 40's. I saw him play for club sides but his international days were over before I was born. But I have it on best authority that God is an Englishman and really only likes cricket.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

I preferred rugby to cricket in school =god prefers rugby wink

6. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Nope I am the son of my mother and father, no god involved

7. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I agree it is not true

8. profile image0

oh no it is all spoilt now......

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darn tootin!

9. Bard of Ely profile image81
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I am glad to see so many posts so quickly and so much agreement! Perhaps we all deserve worldwide press publicity now for claiming we are sons and daughters of God? Imagine the headlines: Hubpage writers claim to be the Sons and Daughters of God! lol

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66

LOL lOL LOL  That is great!!

10. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Count me in...smile
    My Father owns the land on a thousand hills too.

11. profile image0

so it could not have been his dad then

12. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

huh?
    ( Father as in God)

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66

What's the definition of Father and why would they use that word to describe an energy that is in everything on this planet and beyond--or did they even accept what was beyond?

13. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Comes down to how you choose to weight the language, literally or metaphorically or anywhere in the infinite gradations of nuance inbetween.  When it comes to abstracts of such magnitude the language almost always fails unless everyone in the room is a follower of some singular thought. As is made clear by your example, Bard.

14. profile image0

nobody could like cricket especially god.... my husband loves it.

1. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats' why he is not god.

15. chukra G profile image59
    chukra Gposted 14 years ago

we are not definetely because you can't be a son or daughter to a path.

16. chukra G profile image59
    chukra Gposted 14 years ago

we are not definetely because you can't be a son or daughter to a path.

1. chukra G profile image59
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but the origin of you got too much of names

17. indian cooking profile image62
    indian cookingposted 14 years ago

Yes, We are!

1. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How come! by cooking.

18. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I always thought my mom and dads names were lori and jim. hmmm was I adopted or something? lol

But god made them as well , he creates everything so in that aspect we are all his children.

1. profile image0
        ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have to agree with you here....We are all His children...

1. benakoa profile image60
          benakoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a seclusive opinion carried and propagated by Christians.

Fortunately a shrinking group. The notion of an all creating, all mighty God is becoming as obsolete as the virgin Mary and Santa.

I am not a Christian and this philosophy is common to all religions and an all creating almighty god will never become obsolete.On the contrary more and more will gain enlightenment and confirm this for themselves.

2. profile image0
            ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Santa...Is, and always has been a Myth....No such person....

Mary the Mother of Jesus....She is real.....

God, Creator of all things....Giver of life on earth and in the water....Therefore we are all His children.....Christians are not becoming as obsolete as you think...Souls are won for Christ on a daily basis....Care to find out what it's (Christianity) really all about?

19. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 14 years ago

Yes Virginia, I believe.

20. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

Yes we all (the whole planet) are. And yes He does have emotion. Where else would we get it from. Is His up and down like ours. I think not, for He is perfect. But we are not. Where does laughter come from? Where does a mother holding her child that is hurt come from? Where does a stranger, risk his life for another stranger come from? Apes? Nah. For only intelligence could hold a child and care.

1. fishmox profile image60
      fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, but apes are intelligent, you know.
      Ever heard of the little boy who fell into a zoo area for gorillas?
      One gorilla kept all other gorillas away from the little boy.

How about the recent news of a kitten who went in and out of a burning house to get her litter out.  If that's not love and intelligence, I don't know what it is.

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, animals are very intelligent and we could learn so much from them, if we learned to observe and not dissect them for answers. But only humans have the ability to create, and think.

21. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Can other animals not think and create?

Yes, they can. Animals can't perform surgery, nor can they organize and put on a play. Yes they have the ability to create,lets say their habitat and they have even been known to learn how to adjust to new Eco systems and the like.  And the ability to interact with humans. What I was trying to point out is we were made in the image of God, and God is all encompassing where animals are not.

1. Colebabie profile image59
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotcha. smile

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since each of us is unique, is God made up of billions of different entities that each of us is based on?

"Countless in front are your entity,
          Each having a different identity."

From the One or god comes the two or many.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Quoted from?

My book "Ponder Awhile"

"You are made of such fine light , love tissue,
              No beginning, no end and ageless issue. " smile

22. Mac Mission profile image62
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

Yes, May be.... Lord krishna is son of yashodha. Means yashodha is human being gave birth to krishna. Then krishna is son of yashodha right.

Right but Krishna was an enlightened one and understood his source is the light or god, everything's source is the light or god.The Light is the essence of creation.

23. kallystehouwer profile image60
    kallystehouwerposted 14 years ago

Hmmm... Interesting topic.   Are we all sons and daughters of God?  I guess it's your choice.  God made a way through His Son Jesus dieing on the cross so we could become sons and daughters of God... But then, He left it up to us to decide.  By accepting Jesus as our Lord, then yes, we become sons and daughters of the Living God.  He's certainly not going to push it on us though.  This is one family you get to decide if you belong to or not.

Not exactly, Well Jesus did come and conquer for us, he also came to show us the way back to our father.  We all are sons and daughters of God, it is only that not all know and believe it. For if you want to quote  out of the bible (which I know longer read myself), There is a son that inherited his inheritance, and he went off and had a merry time and forgot who his father really was. Then when he was down way at the bottom, he remembered and he said to himself I will return to my father, and even if he wont take me back as a son, then he will maybe hire me as a servant. But before he could reach his father, his father was already way ahead of him. And was full of Joy at his return, in so much that he killed an animal for a feast to celebrate his return and also clothed him in royal robe. Now this is not the exact wording, because I don't have a bible in front of me, but hopefully you get the picture. thanks

24. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 14 years ago

I think we are all sons and daughters of God. This belief inspires many people to be better people than they otherwise would try to be. My belief in an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-caring creator gives me much to look up to--a higher standard to live by.

Although I know many people who don't share this belief also live noble, moral, and ethical lives, I take comfort in this idea and try to honor the being I feel created me.

25. shakeelz profile image59
    shakeelzposted 14 years ago

This is not true that we are sons or daughters of God.
    It is very illogical thing to imagine infact

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)