Rant About Death

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Cow Flipper profile image74
    Cow Flipperposted 11 years ago

How would you want to die? A quick winking out like a candle blown away by a breeze, or would you want to go silently in your sleep never to wake again? Who would you want there at the end of your life? Who do you want to look into your eyes and comfort you in those finale moments and seconds of life? If you could imagine the ideal place to die where would that be? Would it be a hospital or some other place like your home or even in a place where you end up doing something crazy?

Do you think that death will be painful? Does it drag out as your mind tries to stretch every fraction of every single second in a vain attempt to cling to life or do you think that death is a very quick and instant thing? Do you fear death? If so why do you think you fear death? Is your fear of death stemming from the fact that we all have to one day die? Do you think that death is finale and that when we die our consciousness no longer exists? Do you think that our personality and consciousness live on through a soul?

I happen to think death slides over us in a series of waves. As we die a coldness settles over our bodies, shock sets in and our breathing shallows, the heart races to provide oxygen to the brain. The pain of our major organs shutting down then causes our bodies to send out alarms to the adrenal glands and the bodies own organic morphine pulses through us. In this state the brain begins to become oxygen deprived and hypoxia sets in. A warming sensation begins to settle over the extremities. This is actually the body dying. At this time the gaze becomes fixed and the heart stops. At this point we cross over into the realm of the spiritual.

Many people report being above themselves, some say they are in a tunnel of light, others say they are met by departed loved ones. We have only stories from those that were flat lined for only a short amount of time before they were saved. For if they were really dead they wouldn't be here to tell us their stories. But I do think we are ushered into death.

When that death shroud blankets you, think about only the good things about your life. Think about those you love the most and let them take you into the ever lasting peace of death.

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I will quote Woody Allen " I'm not worried about death, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

2. profile image56
      nonto21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Death is an inevitable end to life. To talk about it, to fear it, to mourn it. People are definitely afraid of the little understood, death being at the top of the list of things to be afraid of.

3. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't matter.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True.

1. Cagsil profile image69

I thought so, which is why I said. lol tongue

lol lol lol

I guess I shall let the fact that you smiled from my post, brighten my already horrible day. wink

Glad to know my virtual smile had an effect. I saw how the other thread was going. Did she run out of meaninglessness or what?

She ran out of something, however, I've not figured out what it is that she ran out of. lol

I know it wasn't common sense because she didn't start the thread with it. I know it wasn't knowledge because she didn't start the thread with that either. I know it wasn't wisdom of any kind because her actions throughout the thread proved that.

So, I'm still working on it. lol

lol lol lol Hahaha. Good for you. I will be reading when I can!

4. Haunty profile image74
      Hauntyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I will die in battle, taking as many orcs with me as I can!

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I watched two people die slowly, over a period of years. It was painful to watch. My Dad was broad sided by death. It was heart wrenching to be a part of. So, I suppose I'd like full knowledge, so I could attempt to mitigate the pain and suffering of loved ones who were aware of my condition. I'd like to think I could take it in stride and be a calming influence.

I guess I'd want to die standing up, doing something I enjoyed but, out of courtesy, it might be best to die peacefully in my sleep. A dead body might put a damper on an otherwise enjoyable activity for others.

I think death is as painful as you make it. I honestly believe I will be excited and fearful. Like the moment before you take the plunge in bungee jumping. There are two possibilities of the outcome. I do know several old people who conversed with departed loved ones before they passed, so maybe I won't be so unsure of the outcome when the time is near.

I think like any change, more often than not, most, are inclined to resist it. The body is designed to survive and will put up resistance. The mind however will incline to resist it too. Transitioning into death then can be either as painful or as painless as we allow through the strength of our resistance.

When we are present when someone is dying. Sometimes not only the struggle of the body is evident but the struggle of the mind can be also. Moments before they die,  some will surrender to death and a profound peace arises and is evident in their face and the energy around them, just before they leave.

So in surrendering or acceptance we might find some peace when dying. Our loved ones, too might learn to do the same because their emotions have the same resistance to the dying of a loved one.

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

When I was younger  I said that I wanted to die when I was about the age that I am today or older; being shot by the jelious boyfriend of a 25 year old woman, while she pleads with her boyfriend to NOT Do it, cause she loves me so very much.

Now that I am older????   that still isn't such a bad way to go.    lol

lol

2. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is still my aim for death - except that I want it to be at age 99 while climbing down the drainpipe from her sixth floor bedroom window after a night of torrid sex when the husband shoots me big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i've heard these thoughts before.....what? you dudes get older and then the fantasies get younger and hotter......99????...i don't think so...  lol

me?...i'm going to have a blast when the lights turn out for me....i'll be having some fun for sure!....boots will be on! rubber down! 

hey R1!

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to die with my boots on .....   as far as the rubber being down ?????

4. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

My other choice as to how I die is to have a long lingering illness and then get over it.

5. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

My aim is to reach 130 then just die because I've reached a point where I'm ready. Much like a novelist ends a book when he decides that the story is finished.

That is very deep.

6. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Disappearing head: I heard that when head is cut off in the guillotine that the head/brain still lives for a few seconds as it falls into the basket - is that true?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've heard the same and it seems reasonable as there would still be some oxygenated blood sitting in the brain tissue

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 11 years agoin reply to this

a bit like the proverbial chicken running round the farmyard, minus it's head.

1. ptosis profile image67
          ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but chickens don't think much, and it's the body that is still wigglin'.

Just wondered what the final thoughts are...
          Ugh! this basket stinks!
          No! I can't scream!
          Bug please don't fly into my eye that I can't close!
          I feel sleepy.........

7. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 11 years ago

For whatever reason i was extremely unprepared for the death of my parents...... and it seems so were they.....

I hope before i die, to try to make my passing away less painful for the ones  I leave behind.    I hope to work something out in that direction..

iN MY SLEEP PLEASE, NO PAIN.........

8. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 11 years ago

I wanna die when the husband walks in, and the man in a panda suit is shimmering down drain pipe........ help he left behind the zimmer frame.

1. recommend1 profile image59
      recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hope you are married now then - cos 99 aint that far off kiddo big_smile

9. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 11 years ago

As many what Haunty??????

The lord of the rings orcs I think?

10. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

I'm not going to die.  I just simply refuse to.  I know you can refuse to die because I've already done it once before.

11. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

I just don't want to leave a mess.
    Literally or figuratively.
    smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)