The end of the world.... again?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Mom Kat profile image77
    Mom Katposted 11 years ago

Alright, so there have been how many "it's the end of the world!" dates that have come and gone.  Now we're faced with yet another.  The Mayan calendar is about to run out on what? December 23rd?

What do you think is going to happen & why? 
    Are their going to be more mass suicides by crazy cults?
    Is their going to be some sort of chain of natural disasters?   
    Riots panic & chaos?
    Aliens coming (back) to earth? Inter-galactic war?
    Just another day that comes & goes with NOTHING out of the ordinary happening?

Share your thoughts, please:

1. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought all those above things has already happened already.  Maybe we are all dreaming ghosts who don't realize that we are already dead.

Jim Jones, Heaven's gate, sun spots, solar flares, ozone hole, global warming, release of CO2 from melted ice, violent protests, non-functioning states with complete anarchy, aliens fomenting war as entertainment and earth is the chessboard. Nothing extraordinary is happening.

SSDD

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_rzdB5a4kLAo/SgEF5seFJjI/AAAAAAAAOds/2kYL9WHEgzQ/s400/Gamesters.jpghttp://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/4/5/7bc4e807-6c28-4107-8e67-0b7292a4524b.jpg

Mom Katposted 11 years agoin reply to this

a lot of it already has happened before, yes, which is why I offered those as possible thought patterns of this current craze.
        ... very interesting

2. lone77star profile image72
        lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like that Star Trek picture. That's an oldie.

2. Paul K Francis profile image84
      Paul K Francisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Physical worlds do not end abrubtly, a process is involved, something we should have early warnings of. But there are other kinds of worlds. Scrooge's world ended on the night of Dec. 24 - that's pretty close - and a new and better one began for him on the morning of the 25. And let's not forget about the Grinch....

I like it!  A mass awakening of being better people as a whole ~ now that's a rebirth I would love to see smile

3. Claire Evans profile image62
      Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe there will be mass suicides by extremist cults.  There always are on these sort of dates. 

In astronomic terms, the Sun conjuncts the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. The Milky Way, as most of us know, extends in a general north-south direction in the night sky. The plane of the ecliptic is the track the Sun, Moon, planets and stars appear to travel in the sky, from east to west. It intersects the Milky Way at a 60 degree angle near the constellation Sagittarius.

That could mean natural disasters.  That's a strong possibility.

A stronger possibility will be that nothing happens physically but some sort of shift of consciousness possibly. 

We just don't know.

1. taburkett profile image58
        taburkettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the terror continues to grow in the Muslim communities the world will be hit with a dynamic catastrophe that has never been witnessed before.
        Much like the flood and Noah, the world will discover than man has deceived himself into believing they can destroy others so they can be in charge.
        They will soon learn that when destruction through this type of radical force is what caused the great waste land that is known as the middle east.
        Scientists proclaim that the oil being pumped out of this waste land is from the dinosaurs - however, it could just as easily be from the millions of people swept into the great sea that Noah survived.
        Man will create the next great disaster, just like they always do.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

God finally gets sick and tired of his fan club and what they've been up to. He finally decides to do something about it...

So he's going to do what? Take away everyone's spa memberships?
      What specifically are you thinking "he" will do about it?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2001/04/05/ast05apr_1_resources/collision.gif

3. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Actually Kat, that calendar was replaced by a newer -more detailed one- found in the same location. Apparently, the mathematicians had not fully completed the previous one. When they recently found the new one, even more information was provided -and some spooky stuff about the Mayan king blasting off into space plus other Mayan pictographs showing aliens/astronauts. A few more graphs were also found around the area, where it appears these young thinkers lived or were guests and wrote their equations on the walls to use as a reference. They are very interesting things -like the cuneiform.

Am sure it will not just be another ordinary day, for me at least.
    It is the day before Christmas Eve and my behind will probably be baking candied-walnut, cranberry-apple pies, pumpkin tarts, sugar raised buns, etc like I did last year for the neighbors. lol.

James.

oh snap! Let me give you my mailing address so you can send me a care package of all that delicious goodness smile

So what's the new ending date?  I hadn't heard of all that other stuff, super cool.  I find it very interesting smile

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

NO!  He's going to send them to me.  Aren't you jacharless? 

jacharless??

1. jacharless profile image74
          jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol. Sure thing! wink

2. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Crickets! Orders are piling up. Might have to start baking on the day after Thanksgiving. lol. big_smile

4. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Dec. 23 represents the end of 0ne cycle and the beginning of another.
    The same way that the last day of winter and the first day of spring isn't a drastic and specific change which happens ON THAT DAY.

I think that mankind has reached a zenith of world dominance. 
    In the first half of 2013 the sun will enter into its regular cycle of masive solar flares at a time that the earth, sun and the galactic center are still in alignment. What this means is that that portion of the sun which is least affected by the gravitional forces of the black whole at the center of the universe.
    This will have little affect upon the earth or life which lives upon it.  However;  It is possible that satilite communication around the globe will be interupted for a period of time;  who knows for how long.

The bible doesn't say that the earth will come to an end. Life styles come to their ends and NEW life styles begin.

OK ...    I have no scientific proof for these thoughts    for that matter ???   I have no proof that I have any thoughts what so ever.

possible disruption in technology due to solar flares.... very practical & possible.  Someone could very easily see the logic here... and with little threat of everyone "drinking the kool-aide"  lol

5. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7186580_f248.jpg

6. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Mayan Star Charting and Mathematics was quite extensive and extremely detailed. Scholars agree possibly the most exhausting, but perfect calculations, used for various things from [aeronautics to] architecture, geometry, even crop cycling --and all used as apart of their cultural belief system. Like the Sumerians and Egyptians, who have equally amazing formulas and also built their cultures around it.

The first group of 'calendars' determined the end of a celestial period, lasting some 5,000 or 50,000 years. It comes timely at the end of one solstice and the beginning of another. There was some info I read from CERN or NG about the planets aligning at this time and not seen again for another 36,000 years or something. It would not be coincidence, given the accuracy of the star maps the Mayans had. Apparently they were one of several historical civilizations heavily fixated on space -gravity and space-flight, aliens, etc.

The new calendar does not change the pattern, but extends the complete 'loop' to many years in the future. I am guessing but it somewhere around 5000 years or so.

However, my feeling is there is something 'big' on the horizon -and already happening. Not human catastrophic events, as many predict, but more of an evolution. We are acutely aware that humanity has reached the apex of technology for space flight, products, economics, population, natural resources, effects of our industrialization of the planet, etc. While equally seeing that science and sensation {religion by title} have gotten us nowhere fast. This then points to something greater. Possibly a spiritual evolution believed or at least discussed for thousands of years by thinkers in every part of the world.

James.

WOW - you've totally blown my mind with your awesome, knowledgeable, and detailed explanation.  I'm just going to head over to your profile page right now and start following you.  If you use 1/2 this much skill on your hubs - you now have a fan smile

The info isn't what impressed me, it was the delivery of it.  I'm a huge history & discovery channel watcher.

7. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Coming right up on the turntable - queue REM's ......'It's The End Of The World As We Know It...

...and I feel fine! smile

8. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 11 years ago

I believe there could be a series of catastrophes happening:

- Solar flares, affecting communication systems in a very serious way (imagine all banking, e-commerce,  crucial data-bases, telecommunication, international trade etc going topsy turvy)

- A consequential global economic breakdown of unprecedented scale

- Large scale earthquakes,  eruptions and tsunamis

- Polar ice melting and consequent sea level rise and inundation

- Excessive storms, hurricanes etc at one side and unprecedented drought at another side of globe

- Unprecedented destruction of human race and infrastructure ( a perceptible drop in global population)

- Rich countries getting affected the most economically and poor countries getting affected more population-wise
    -  lots of suicide deaths in rich countries on account of economic collapse and large scale death due to natural calamities in poor countries

Is there any "scientific" support for my predictions? No. Nothing Mayan, but hunch felling about the divine play - maya!

C.V.

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

All of these are possible, C.V., and I too sense them bubbling up under the surface.

Looking at the earthquake maps of Earth, the really big earthquakes seem to be on the rise. Storms are also becoming more violent and prevalent. More category 5 hurricanes. Sea level is definitely rising, wiping out some island nations, and even threatening London. But London's inundation is also partly from the post-glacial adjustment (rebound) "sucking" Southern UK down, while thrusting Northern UK upward. A similar effect is happening in the Great Lakes -- slow adjustments still happening from the end of the last Ice Age.

The human infrastructure is the most fragile. Ego will rip through it like a glowing hot knife through warm butter. I saw this in Los Angeles during the Rodney King riots. Shops set ablaze. And even on Wilshire Boulevard where I worked at the time, I heard shouts from my 7th story office. I looked down to see half a dozen young men running along the sidewalk in front of the world famous Ambassador Hotel property. The lead youth was carrying an eighty pound metal trash receptacle over his head for over a hundred meters and then thrown through the storefront window of the Thrifty Drug headquarters office. A car pulled up and they were suddenly busy emptying the store into the vehicle. I called the police, but got a senior citizen volunteer.

If that can happen with the police beating of one man, what will happen when the nation finds out that hundreds of millions of people have been cheated out of fortunes by a few bankers who intended things to be so ruinous? The riots will make Occupy Wall Street look like a tea party picnic.

I hate to see civilization teeter on the edge of oblivion, like this. But the Beast of Christian Revelation is pushing everything to that edge out of monumental greed. After all, you have to be pretty greedy to murder thousands in New York in order to gain Iraqi oil and Afghani oil pipeline right-of-ways. The money is only a distant second for them, because they already have Trillions. It's the power they're after. And all of humanity will suffer because of their greed.

May God have mercy on all of us and protect us. Stay safe, my friend. May your spiritual journey soon be complete.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes; you said rightly about the monumental greed. I think the mass moment of it (which is seen widely all around the globe) is going to trigger a large scale disaster at some time or other -- and it could be December 2012. Only God knows!

9. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

You know when your odometer rolls over from 99,999.99 to 100,000.00? It's the "end" of an era of "tens of thousands." Now, your car is chugging in the realm of hundreds of thousands. That's the Mayan end of an era. Whoop-ti-doo! Big deal! (Not!)

The Mayan writings didn't make a big deal out of it, but some researcher did and blew it way out of proportion.

Will that day amount to a catastrophe for humanity?

It could, but not because the Mayans said so. Someone else may take advantage of the hysteria.

The New World Order

For instance, the New World Order group. That group that George H.W. Bush gushed about on September 11, 1990 -- exactly 11 years before 9/11. This group consists of every one of the Power Elite. Guys like the Rockefeller family and Rothschild family. And they're doing a real sexy job of it, too. Hitler and Goebbels would've been proud of how smoothly they've eroded the Constitution of the United States, starting with the private Federal Reserve bank in 1913, and personal income tax -- two of the planks of the Communist Manifesto. I find it hilarious that we were so anti-Communist, but had already taken on two of its key characteristics.

And now, we have a presidential "kill list" which includes Americans. Bang! You're dead. No trial, no warning. And we have no restoration of Habeas Corpus. Boy how campaign promises evaporate once the PotUS has his office. We have NDAA with its indefinite detention clauses for American citizens -- lock 'em up and throw away the key; no trial, no attorney; no access. We also have protest as a felony! Say the wrong thing in the presence of the President and you could spend years in jail. We have the UnPatriot Act extended and TSA branching out into political conventions, highways, train stations and more. Soon, you will need to produce your papers at state borders or even county borders. Sieg heil!

Benjamin Franklin warned us about giving up liberty for the perception of security.

The Big Plan, Almost Completed

What would the NWO do? Perhaps something bigger than their wet dream of 11 years ago. When the Rockefellers and their pals brought down the World Trade Center, they ushered in an acceleration of constitutional erosions, an escalation of national debt that went from insane $5 Trillion to nightmarish $16+ Trillion in little more than a decade. And now, America has become the new Evil Empire -- attacking other nations that have not attacked them. The chess pieces are moving into position for global takeover.

We already effectively have a North American Union. The borders are becoming thinner and thinner, even with Mexico. And financial pundits are gushing about the new Amero currency to replace the dollar. Why replace the dollar?

When the national debt bubble pops someplace between $16 Trillion and $30 Trillion, planet Earth will be toast, and America will be ground zero. Tens of millions of people will starve. Perhaps even hundreds of millions. Diseases will rear their ugly heads and take out hundreds of millions more. The Four Horsemen will have arrived. What do the Bankers gain from all of this chaos?

Chaos is the maker of new democracies. Those with the biggest stick can cast the most votes. The Corporations have already effectively taken over America and its feeble government -- tempted and seduced by greed.

Death of America

The latest conventions of the Corporate Party have proven that voting no longer exists except as a sham -- a pretense. Roberts Rules of Order may seem to be used, but the chairpersons have been ordered not to respond to cries from the floor for division or points of order. Just watch these two short videos for the evidence of democracy's death in America in 2012:

RNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE

DNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaE2Aez_XY

Obama = Romney on every key issue vital to the survival of America. Why? Because they both work for the Corporate Party. It is the Corporate Party which writes both of their scripts. The differences keep alive the illusion of choice, while the Rockefellers finish off their hundred year plan.

2013 is looking to be a frightening year for changes. But the New World Order will not make it. They will never meet their goals.

What are those goals? The late Aaron Russo had an inkling from insider knowledge:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOj-rOGZFE

A Silver Lining

But God has long known these things would happen. The End of Days could not have started without the rebirth of Israel (1948). We have already received the poison from the Great Star named Chernobyl ("wormwood" in Ukrainian, 1986; Rev.8:11). And the Rockefellers (as you've seen in the Aaron Russo video) have declared their desire to have us all microchipped, without which we will be unable to buy or sell anything (NBC predicted 2017; but it's already in the latest James Bond movie; Rev.13).

Will everything fall apart this year? Who knows! Only God knows when each of these events will occur. But He will not allow all to be lost. Not every human will die in the coming storm. But billions might.

And yet, because we don't know exactly when, we should prepare ourselves, spiritually, so that we are ready for it when it does all fall apart.

I've grown attached to this civilization. Now, I'm learning not to be so attached. Those who prepare themselves will be better able to weather the coming storm.

May God protect us all.

10. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

There is no reason for believers to think that every prophesy of a destructive nature is talking about one single event …..    “THE” End of Days
    “Most” all of the prophesy written in the OT were pertaining to and inflicted upon THAT Hebrew Nation which they were given to.  Most all of these prophesy were fulfilled during the time of these four Kingdoms (Babylon, Persia, Greece and the Roman Empire)which were given dominion over that Hebrew Nation which ceased to exist in 135 AD.
    Jesus described in Matthew 24 everything which was to happen to that Hebrew Nation before its “END of DAYS” which came to fulfillment in 135 AD.
    These things are also described in the book of Revelation with the opening of the seven seals.
    There are two references of a timeline which we should be concerned with.  In Daniel 9 we are informed that “THE Commandment” has just gone forth and that 62 weeks shall pass until the Messiah is killed. Approx 568 years pass till Jesus dies on the cross.   This leads me to believe that 62 weeks in prophesy is equal to approx 568 of our years. 
    Another time frame of great significance is the 42 months which the beast is giver to blaspheme as mentioned in Rev. 13.  If 62 weeks is 568 of our years, 42 months would then be approx 1649 years.  1650 years ago the RCC was coming into its own power. 
    At the end of the 42 months its power will be taken away. At this time  OR  at some time after that, the kings of the earth will come together for that last great battle.
    And then there will be a New earth.                                                                                                  This is the basic gist of what I get from reading bible prophesy  …  the rest is just semantics.
    I don’t think that we should let semantics block our vision of the foundation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)