worse ways to die

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (57 posts)
  1. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

Buried Alive

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is surely a horrible way. I saw Cris Angel illusion where he is buried in a coffin underground and the way it was being shown even I got worried for a little while. mad

1. onthewriteside profile image61
        onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have to agree with this one....I'm a bit claustrophobic anyway, so if I woke up in a coffin buried six feet under I would most certainly freak.

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Now isn't this an odd question, why would you ask? smile

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good question AE I thought the same, a bit morbid for this time of morning.

3. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I would have to say hit by a meteorite

1. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

at the hands of people it seems senseless. But a meteor taking you out?  That would be class.  You know its your time to go!

1. Candie V profile image62
        Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BP's tomb marker will say "Go big or Go home!"

2. blondepoet profile image66

Great point there PM smile

4. Christoph Reilly profile image67
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

Eaten alive by army ants.

Oooo imagine having ants in your pants !!

2. k@ri profile image84
      k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think this would be particularly unsavory! LOL  I hate bugs!

5. Candie V profile image62
    Candie Vposted 14 years ago

drowning - I came too close.

Me too Candie I was forced into swimming lessons in Grade one. My swimming teacher who used to call me Dorothy,had to jump in one day and save me, I was drowning in the shallow end, and I did not realise I could have saved myself simply by standing up, oh the shame, will never forget that. On a serious note, (although that is true) drowning would be horrendous!!. Can't imagine how bad.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. My first swimming instructor threatened to LET me drown if I didn't mind her. I was too frightened to put my ears into the water.  Needless to say, when my mom found out, I was pulled from there.  But, my mother continued my lessons over the years.  Finally, I got brave enough to walk off the end of a diving board in the deep end.  Everything was great until I forgot to swim and panicked.  Had to be rescued by the lifeguard.  It is a horrible feeling.  I can swim, but I don't like being in water over my head so that I have to prove I can.  Over the last few years I've forced myself to more just so that I can get over that apprehension.

6. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

Being attacked by a pissed off mother with a paint ball gun, then calling your brothers to finish the job.
    dori

1. Laughing Mom profile image59
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOVE IT!!!!!

7. Candie V profile image62

Dori, what did you do to that mother?  Or was it your mother?

8. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

n!p I was the mother Candie, and some dude hurt my daughter. He didn't die but wished he had.
    dori

1. Candie V profile image62
      Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OY, the momma bear!! Oh, was that the hub you did?!! Yes!! Well done!  And a colorful death it would have been!

9. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

burned alive. Oh man, scaaaaary.

10. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

yea parkboy dont fart and light a match.

I seen that done many a time smile

11. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

of boredom would be awful, i imagine

1. Elena. profile image83
      Elena.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm right there with you, Mighty!  Laugh!

I was thinking, what a dreadfully morbid thread to be reading this time of morning (but here I was, reading it!) until I came to your reply!  That made it worth my morbid inclinations!  Besos!

12. Laughing Mom profile image59
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

Suffocating, Drowning, Buried Alive--they're all particularly heinous!

13. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Taken out by a sniper. By far, the worst kind of death is not knowing what hit you.

14. Candie V profile image62

Worst way? Hmm. worst place, using the restroom, tho once you're gone it really wouldn't matter.. so never mind!

15. My Inner Jew profile image61
    My Inner Jewposted 14 years ago

I would have to say like my worst fear is eaten by a shark or some other huge monster in the ocean

16. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

cancer is not a great way to go, having seen my mum and some of her family members before her die a horrible quite slow death, I would not want it.....

On a serious note I have to agree totally. I saw someone in my family die from cancer,my step-father, he was a strong fit man, and after been diagnosed I watched him slowly dying, becoming a skeleton of the great man he was all in a matter of four months. It broke my heart to see some-one go this way,to see the suffering so great from another human being.

17. Drew Breezzy profile image63
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

in tub by electric shock

18. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

emphysema. Its so slow and awful lung cancer too. dont smoke..really its awful....

19. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

i need to go read about if we are monkeys or meat or something...this is too depressing!!!

20. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Being trapped in a fire and slowly burned to a crisp.... sad

21. ocbill profile image52
    ocbillposted 14 years ago

That Air France flight breaking apart in the air or a story I read where a zookeeper in South Africa for some reason went into the cage of lions with fresh meat to feed them. He never came out.

22. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

How would you know the worst way to die until you have tried them all?  Thinking about it is only going to raise your blood pressure and up your anxiety levels.  Personally, I have put in a request to the Universe to die peacefully in my sleep as a healthy 112 year old surrounded by my loved ones!

23. profile image50
    inet4moneyposted 14 years ago

I don't really care how I die as long as it is swift and painless. I am not into suffering, nor do I like seeing/hearing others suffering. I just want the black curtains to fall for the last time as if the rope dropping them broke.... fast!

24. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 14 years ago

Commiting Suicide is the worst way to die according to me.

25. profile image0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 14 years ago

In a tornado. (my biggest fear)

26. sweigand profile image61
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

Being eaten alive by a pack of rabid squirrels would suck pretty bad...

27. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Actually it is silly to ask. Death! by any means, but murder is top of the list.

28. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Being impaled through the butt and out the mouth. *shuttter* Vlad the Impaler style.

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now that was horrendous indeed girl. Murder most foul! Took days for them to die like crucifixion. Don't know which was worse, but the pole up the butt was nasty.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, I tell ya, when I saw that on the History Channel, my sphincter said what?

2. profile image50
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought you liked that smile

29. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

No, having your eye balls fall out of your head and being able to see yourself missing eyeballs. Or having your head chopped off and seeing your corpse fall before your eyes.

30. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I read in the paper about a guy who died and wasn't found for 6 months and only then because new neighbours moved in. To die alone is sad, to not even be missed, that has to be the worse way to die !

1. profile image0

yeah sad sad

what about burning alive without no one around.

1. profile image50

Who lit it ?

1. profile image0

the devil *muuhahahahah evil laugh*

1. profile image50

Ohhhhhh you are a bad girl but I am liking you more by the minute lol

31. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Watch out for her, she'll kill ya with a thousand fish hooks BC.

1. profile image50

I am kinda into a bit of the fish hook torture, the nipples kinda tickle after the first hook smile

1. profile image0

Rum? big_smile

1. profile image50

ya offering ?

1. profile image0

yo ho, ho!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)