Who Do You Think Was Adam's First Wife? Lilith or Eve

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (140 posts)
  1. Shakka James profile image60
    Shakka Jamesposted 11 years ago

I was researching succubi's and I came across a woman named Lilith that was born of dust just as Adam was and said to be Adam's first wife? So, I wanted to hear what other people thought about Lilith being Adam's first wife.

1. profile image52
      wayne92587posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mortal Man, and Woman were each born of the dust of the ground, were formed out of mud, were born of fundament, are born of something of little value, were born of shit, were like all animals born of Flesh and Bone, were born of the Evolutionary Process; from dust to dust; Immortal man being born of Flesh and Blood, Blood being symbolic of the Immortal Spirit of God.

You will need to look-up the words dust, mud, fundament if you want to truly understand what it means to be born of dust of the ground, the Evolutionary Process.

Adam symbolizes Mortal Man and Mortal Woman, Mankind being born of the dust of the ground.

Historically speaking there have been numerous personages that have been said to the First Women.

Medusa, a Monster, castration.

Pandora, beautiful evil, The parallels between Eve and Pandora are overwhelmingly obvious

Lilith, demon, Check out Lilith on the Internet and you will get a better understand of Eve, Eve not being the First Woman.

Eve, the down fall of Man

Diana, Goddess of the Moon, In Roman mythology, Diana (lt. "heavenly" or "divine") was the goddess of the hunt and moon and birthing, being associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals; which of course would include animal man.

Man born of the dust of the ground, Man and Woman, Mankind born of fundament, Flesh and born, Mortal Man.

Eve, the Feminine Spirit, when the Breath, the Spirit, of God was breathed was breathed into Man’s nostrils, the Spirit of God, the non-material Reality of the Feminine Spirit, Female Wile, was made manifest a Living Soul, Man’s Helpmate was Created; Femininity not being indicative of Mortal Woman, Woman like Man having been born of the dust of the ground.

Femininity, existing as a Spiritual Reality, being Immaterial, not being born of the dust of the ground, being a creation, is Mankind’s Helpmate, savior, salvation, also being the cause of the, down fall, castration of Mankind, Mortal Man.

2. profile image57
      nonto21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Probably both, it used to be common practice for one to take unto himself a number of wives whenches. This is assuming of course you choose to believe that sort of thing.

3. profile image61
      logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Was that before or after she was married to Frasier?

4. Kesstra profile image60
      Kesstraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lilith was Adams first wife, and God made them equal, so when Lilith got on top, Adam said, "Get beneath me wife!"  She refused.  Adam complained to God, and Lilith ran off.  God made Eve.  When Adam and Eve had Cain and Able, Lilith put the bad seed into Cain's head that Adam and Eve favored Able more.  So Cain killed his brother and ran off with Lilith. 
      I think she married Frasier later.  LOL!!!

5. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The bible does not say anything about Lilith...are you thinking of the vampire goddess from True Blood?  She is fictional.

2. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 11 years ago

According to the research I done it says Lilith was his first wife

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just curious, how old was he?

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Eve was the wife. Lilith was the mistress. God got perturbed about this and turned Lilith into the Serpent. This ticked Lilith off; who then tricked Eve into eating the apple. And thus; here we all are.

I guess that's just as plausible as the original written text. lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is all documented on the internet; so it must be true.

lol lol lol

2. Shakka James profile image60
      Shakka Jamesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good thought, never looked at it in the way that you explained.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 11 years ago

Lillith, of course. She was smart enough to get out of that bad relationship!

Lol! That's funny!

2. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cool

5. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

Lilith (Hebrew:; lilit, or lilith) is a character in Jewish MYTHOLOGY, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be related to a class of female demons Līlīṯu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You realize that Eve is a character out of Christian MYTHOLOGY too right?

1. SpanStar profile image61
        SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where does it say that?

myth   [mith] 
          noun
          1. a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.
          2. stories or matter of this kind: realm of myth.
          3. any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.
          4. an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.
          5. an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

Under definition 5 definitely and 4 3 and 1 arguably the accounts of most of Genesis are myths.  Unless... of course... you can prove conclusively that Adam and Eve existed.

this doesn't prove your statement about Eve and being such a general definition this would apply to every belief system one the planet not to mention historical events that can no longer be proven.

If you say so.  I think it's pretty cut and dry though.  If you want to argue with the dictionary have at it.

Likely. Sucks eh?

Seriously it doesn't apply to every belief system.  And among other religions there are even some enlightened enough to admit they are myths.

Actually they would probably be considered legends... which likely they are.

No it does apply to every belief system on the planet but let me demonstrate how these definition can be shown to be foolish.

Let say you had a large room in your house with 2 different doors and a couple of windows.  When you enter this room from one door you notice I'm standing in the room.  Your question is "How Did You Get In Here?"  I say "From that door behind me."  Now am I telling a story?  Can you prove I came through that door?  Since you can't proive I came through that door that would mean what I said is a myth...

ROFLMAO

No it wouldn't be because it's not a collective belief... nor is it used to justify a social institution.

Oh my... you really are going to argue with a dictionary.  Genesis is what it is... a myth.  Doesn't mean it's not true (I happen to believe it's not but hey) just means it's unprovable but STILL used to justify a collective belief.  The problem you are having is applying the same standards you use to judge another myth (Lilith) to your own held beliefs (Eve).  There's a word for that too you know smile

I think you need to relook at the definitions you presented:
                      You're missing one word OR

2. stories            or matter of this kind: realm of myth.
                    3. any invented story, idea,         or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.
                    4. an imaginary      or fictitious thing or person.
                    5. an unproved       or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

2. jacharless profile image75
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Minor correction: it is not Christian mythology.
        It fits with Babylonian Mythology very well, as do Enoch's writings on such entities from baalism.

James.

2. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Isaiah 34:14
      Speaks of Lilith...Why would "Jewish Mythology" be included with the "historical facts" contained in the bible? Also why would Isaiah speak of Lilith if she was only a myth?

6. SpanStar profile image61

Faith is faith which is to say believe or not believe no one will be twisting your arm to believe so the is not an issue nonbelievers do not have to worry about. If you can't accept another person belief then you can keep doing whatever it is you are doing.

Aren't you the one who felt the need to capitalize every letter in the word mythology?  That wasn't very accepting of another person's belief.  And yes there really are people out there that believe strongly in the Lilith version of the garden of Eden.  I know a few such individuals. 

Their beliefs are exactly on the same provablity ground as yours.  Yours just happens to have a few more believers.

Personally while I don't believe in it literally the story did inspire me to name my daughter Lilith.

Of course I capitalize every letter the subject matter said MYTHOLOGY placing the emphasis on what type of information they were reading. Mythology isn't usually considered a religion as it refers to fictitious issues.
        A character Superman can be considered fictitious.

Actually mythology is pretty much always considered a religion.  The people who believed in Zeus did so with as much or likely more fervor as Christians believe in God.  Unless you can prove that your God exists then it is mythology.  Your beliefs have exactly as much validity- academically- as any other unproven religious beliefs.

I'm sorry you don't like it but you are just gonna have to cope with it.  If you truly wanted everyone treated like you want to be treated then you would accept that easily.  Just keep repeating... "Everyone's religious beliefs are just as valid as mine".  If you have to accept that pretty much all religious beliefs are MYTHOLOGY by definition to do that then so be it.  If you can't do that then frankly you don't deserve to have your beliefs respected either.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
            kirstenblogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh snap!

Having a street moment there lol

The sad thing is, I would still respect his beliefs, just not his actions. I just doubt he can see the difference.

I also obviously respect his beliefs... I just don't like when my faith is represented by the most intolerant.  And no it wasn't a street moment.  It was a Momma moment.  Bluntness has replaced the Italian head slap that my mom used to give me when I was being obtuse.  My son once asked for me to spank him rather than lecture him.

I stand corrected! lol

I should mention that on saying 'oh snap' I did do the head weave thing from side to side with the full on triple finger snap lol
                Then again, I can't help but being silly to try and elicit a cheap laugh wink

LMAO...

I've never really paid attention when I'm lecturing.  I'll have to watch next time to see if my head weaves.  I don't remember snapping though wink

Maybe its a street momma thing! lol

Oddly, if my mom had done the head weave in time to the triple finger snap while lecturing me, I would have fell to the floor in floods of laughter! lol

2. kirstenblog profile image78

You might notice something on this thread. I am pretty much an atheist, don't believe in God and think that if I am wrong about that then its most likely God doesn't give two craps for what I believe in (if such a being should care about anything it should be how I live, not what I believe), Melissa does believe, and has faith. She isn't twisting my arm, nor I hers. We have passed a few pleasant words and generally had a nice time of it, at least for my part its been nice. Yet we both have an issue with how you present your beliefs here on the forums. One person a believer the other a non-believer, both having problems with the way you are presenting your beliefs. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Yes,

it tells me that Jesus experienced the same sort of attitude when he was trying to convey his faith.

I am not asking you to accept my faith, or how I present it for once again if you don't care for my faith you are free to go about your own business.

And if my business is to object to how you go about publicly presenting your faith? It would seem that you will construe this as an attack on your faith, not a criticism on how you present it, which is what is really happening. If my attitude is that of those who crucified Jesus, then why am I not (metaphorically speaking) crucifying Melissa as she is a believer too?
          Honestly, Jesus was challenged in his beliefs as well as actually being persecuted for his beliefs, and he seemed to know the difference. You could maybe take a lesson from him?

If one spends their time objecting to other peoples beliefs then frankly I think that person needs to reevaluate what kind of life they are living.

You may believe Melissa believes in whatever it is she believes in but I see it differently for I don't have a clue as to what if any she has. Nor am I going to concern myself with her perspectives.

We can all learn a lesson from Jesus because the world hasn't become better with our wars, biases, hatred, lying, treachery etc.

OK, I am going to say this very slowly, so hopefully you can understand.

I - Don't - Object - To - Your - Beliefs - I - Object - To - Your - Actions

again, I don't object to your beliefs, I object to your actions. Do you understand now?

Welcome to America-you are free to object to my actions.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

Says the person who can call another person's beliefs mythology but feels attacked when the same... completely correct... label is placed on his own beliefs. 

You seem to have something in your eye there hon...

But didn't you just say...

Nevermind... I'm just gonna scoot over here for a second I think I just got poked by a branch...

But wouldn't bias be something like calling someone else's beliefs mythology while asserting yours are fact... when exactly the same proof exists for both?  I mean isn't that what bias is?

Yep... that's definitely a log... I think there might be a bird's nest in there...

So exactly what lessons have you learned from Jesus?

Was that a robin that just flew by me?

Melissa,

it sure seems to me as though you really like to put your thoughts in other people's mouth.

What religion have I said was, is mythology? I simply gave a link to a website that addressed the subject matter titled here.

I'm guessing these comments in italics means something but our viewpoint seem to be different to where I really don't understand what it is you're talking about.

You do seem to not mind calingl my belief as mythological.

You said the story of Lilith was mythology (actually MYTHOLOGY) and used it to counter the OP.  I was pointing out that Eve was also mythology... which you seemed to object to for some reason.  Then you objected to a definition of mythology that was completely applicable.

Then you said I was attacking your religion and something along the lines of I was against God and you were Christlike in presenting your religion...

Then you topped it off by insinuating that I wasn't a Christian...

I think I pretty much gisted it there...

If you don't get the reference I was making with the log in your eye thing you might want to read that one book.

Besides placing the link pertaining Lilith please point out where I said Lilith was mythology? Let me make it a little easier for you having read it I am prepared to accept it-but I would like you to show me where I actually said it was mythological.

I should also like you to point out where I said you were attacking my religion-although when you say even segment out of ones spiritual belief system are mythological how can this not be an attack?

The insinuating part I'm not really sure about that the question of whether or not you are a Christian I must admit that does confound me.

2. kirstenblog profile image78

Bingo!

Odd for someone who isn't convinced Jesus ever actually existed to actually learn the lesson regarding holding unfair bias when a supposed believer hasn't. hmm

7. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 11 years ago

I'm figuring, since he was alone for a little while at least, his first wife was Rosy Palms and her five sisters....perhaps he went "swinging" with some Bonobos...

ROFL lol
      to funny man lol

8. SpanStar profile image61

Ok,

It's already late so I'll take my leave.

Lilith isn't a myth, if she was I would not be here today!

9. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 11 years ago

According to the myth, Lillith was Adam's first wife.  She was a bit too feisty, would not be subservient to Adam, and according to myth she was replaced by Eve.  Personally I think Eve, this watered down version of the female, written of course by the male hierarchy of the day is directed at the control of women at large.  It first came about thru the Kabbalah. Christians had no hesitation in using the myth to their advantage. 

Lets face it, women are temptresses.  Men, in most cases are so weak at controlling their sexual urges that they had to BLAME the female for this male weakness.  How else could they save face and be the authoritarians of the world.  Lillith could send a man to his knees.  She still can.  I abhor the stories of succubi because it buys into the Christian myth and keeps Lillith as the she devil.  She is not!  It's rubbish, nonsense. 

A Lillith in fact lies within every woman.  She is latent in those who have suppressed their sexuality.  She is the power of sexuality.  This power goes beyond the normal sexual experience.  It is much much deeper.  Think of healing forces.  It comes from below.  The substance soma is the nectar one taps into when going into such depth.  Kundalini yoga is done to bring up this level from below.

Lillith rocks.  I am a big fan.  Those who fear her, fear themselves.  Those who misunderstand her, misunderstand what the serpent is all about.  The richness you can tap into is phenomenal when aligning to the Lillith inside.

1. Jennifer Grana profile image61
      Jennifer Granaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen Jewels. You have said a majority of what I believe here. She had to be his first wife because Adam and Lilith were both made of dust and then came the second source of life...Adam's rib.

2. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lilith was the original bitch. She is referenced in Cheers, Frasier's wife as Doctor Lillith Crane. There is a magazine for Jewish women called Lilith.

According to the midrash, and if you notice, the story of Eden is told TWICE - here is the story:

Adamas (that's not a typo - I meant Adamas), was created after the image of God, male & female, the image being of male & female connected back to back facing the world. While still awake, God sliced them into two. When the time came for having sex, both insisted on being on top. They had an argument. The male said to the female, " I am made from the dust of the Earth and God spit - you are made from the slime and that's why I should be on top."  She went away, leaving the male all alone.

Adam said to God " The woman you gave me went away", God answered - "I'll give you one that is more subservient." He puts Adam into a deep sleep and extracted Eve, a woman that does what she's told.

Now remember God told Adam - not Eve - not to eat the fruit of Knowledge. Eve did what she was told - eat. It is Adam's fault to have God make him a subservient woman because he couldn't handle an equal partner and THAT is the original sin. Not Eve's eating.

http://jwa.org/teach/golearn/sep07/Lilitu.jpg

http://www.toonpool.com/user/157/files/adam_eve_and_god_04_856575.jpg

B.I.T.C.H.
      Babe In Total Control Honey
      http://www.davidjanes.com/images/wurtzel_bitch.jpg
      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_fV8UGXhyo0/TdJgkS63kDI/AAAAAAAADL0/4uWIn1z04bk/s640/bitch-boss.jpg

I am a succubus.

10. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

*Smiles*  And that's why I named my only daughter after her...  I wanted a strong independent girl who wasn't subservient to anyone and took crap from NO one. 

Lesson:  Be careful what you wish for...  At three Lily is already kicking butt and taking names.  Unfortunately she already knows all of our names.

11. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 11 years ago

There is a great saying:  Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere (including heaven). Lillith's mantra.

1. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+++++++++++++++++++
      When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ” ― Mae West
      http://www.emersonkent.com/images/boudicca.jpg

1. Jewels profile image82

Go Mae West smile

12. SpanStar profile image61

Melissa,

http://www.asphodel-long.com/html/lilith.html

other online sources depict Lilith as a myth, Hag, maybe a goddess which is not frequently referenced in the Bible.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Lillith.html

This website sees Lilith as a legend or someone who had relationships with Satan. No evidence to support these claims in the Bible about Lilith.

http://www.gnosis.org/lilith.htm

This website refers to Lilith as a myth.

Just how many more websites do I need to bring up?

Attacks can be as subtle as as suggesting I thought all ******* listen to rap music.

When someone does not even know where you're coming from then if one wants to view that as passing judgment they can.

You still did not answer my question... Why is the Lilith story mythology and not the Eve story?  You are saying because a website says so... Ok.  I can easily pull one hundred websites that say Christianity is a myth.  That's because both are.  I would like for you to explain how the Eve story isn't the textbook definition of mythology.  In your own words... if you can. 

And "because it isn't in the bible" isn't really a valid argument.  You can't say something is a myth because another myth doesn't mention it.

And I don't do subtle attacks.  I am flat out saying that your views of other religions are biased because they aren't Christianity.  If you cannot explain to me the difference in validity between your religion and any other faith then you must admit to that bias.  As Christianity is no more provable than any other religion on the planet than they all have exactly as much credence. 

Furthermore... because you are obviously unknowledgable on the Lilith story I will let you in on something... Lilith is still very much alive in modern day religion.  She is STILL being worshiped as a goddess.  And unless you can prove that she is any less real than your God then you are being hypocritical by calling her a myth when you won't say the same thing about your own unprovable deity.

Finally...  I have a pretty good idea what the starred asterisked word is in

"Attacks can be as subtle as as suggesting I thought all ******* listen to rap music."  If that be the case then your beliefs of what music they listen to are the least of your worries.

Melissa,

First of all I and other believers aren't here to prove the existence of God. God asked us to take him on faith and if one cannot do that believer or nonbeliever then they need not worry about Christian teachings. A Christian God is not forcibly mandating that people worship or even follow him-you either accept him or you don't.

The Bible has been scrutinized for certainly hundreds of years and still there has been no definitive proof that the man we call Jesus did not exist but in fact there has been more evident that he has existed and if we take this as true then we must also take the probability of his existence also signifies a divine deity.

One can worship this Lilith as well as they can worship Superman but when it comes to proof and evidence, where is it?

Clearly nothing that I can say to you is going to sway your position on the subject matter because it is your subject matter that you are only interested in.

Since I don't like to be a dead horse I will consider the issue closed.  If your interest is to worship this Lilith or who ever then you will get no opposition from me please feel free to worship whomever you like.

I don't worship Lilith.  I am a Christian and she figures no where in my faith.  I love her story but I believe it is just a story.

However I am non-biased enough to admit that her story is just as valid as the Christian story of Eve.

Shame on you for thinking that just because I can admit that I can't prove my religion that I must not be Christian. 

Your views and your presentation of Christianity as the only possible truth is what makes people hate Christians.  Just pointing that out.  The fact that you are willing to bash me as a non-Christian because I don't agree with YOUR PERSONAL BIASES are exactly why it is a dying religion.  I am ashamed to have to call you a sibling in faith.

13. angelic31 profile image60
    angelic31posted 11 years ago

lilith for sure she was the manipulating one

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

His first wife didn't have a name...he just called her 'Hey you!'

14. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

This thread has been calling to me for some time now.  I see that nobody has yet correctly answered the question...

Adam's first wife was Roseanna Laverne Shumacher, who lived at 19 Apple Orchid Lane, Eden, Earth; and who didn't like publicity.  There.  Now everyone knows.   smile

lol lol lol

15. Narsuki profile image60
    Narsukiposted 11 years ago

I have always believed, though not being christian myself, that Lilith was Adam's first wife and was purposely left out of the bible because she would not listen to Adam and was so kicked out of Eden. Then your God created Eve FROM Adam so that she had to listen to him.

And it's so interesting to see what happened to the status of women through the ages.  We are degraded, spat on, covered up, paid less, work harder.  Had Lilith been equal to Adam in religious texts this would not have happened.  It's a man made construct - a myth of course.  It is a load of crap - but oh the damage it has done.  Lilith is quite peeved at this myth, as are many women who have suffered as a result of the suppression.

What is majorly sad is how women believe it too.

1. profile image0
        Greatest I amposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In a patriarchy, and a theology that places men above women, it is not surprising that a warning myth, Lilith, would lead a myth of a successful family being led by the males. Adam with Eve.

This may be why Jews saw Eden as man’s elevation and not his fall. They have no original sin concept but did have the concept of woman being somehow less than man.

Christianity sure picked up on this notion quickly and yet are not ashamed somehow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYII … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g … re=related

Regards
        DL

Thank you for those links.  Great references

1. profile image0

My pleasure. But I wish they did not exist.

Regards
            DL

2. profile image52

What is really strange is that woman is living the Myth.

Medusa being the  symbol for Feminine Rage, manly against Man.

Any wonder Medusa is angry!  It's not strange that women live the myth, it's more it was imposed as a societal norm in cultures that abide by biblical or religious teachings that are not of god, but of men.

1. profile image52

The secret is that Adam is Mankind, mortal man and woman born of the dust of the ground, the evolutionary process, fundament, clay, something of Little value;

The secret is that Adam is Mankind, mortal man and woman born of the dust of the ground, the evolutionary process, fundament, clay, something of Little value;

Adam, mortal man, mankind to include woman, upon the Creation of Eve, Eve not being born of the dust of the ground, fundament, clay, something of little value, not being born of the ordinary evolutionary process, was born of the Flesh of Body of Man, Eve being the Non-Material, the Non-Physical, being  Immaterial, the Spiritual Body of Mankind, the Great Femininity.

Eve, the Great Femininity, Mankind’s Spiritual Body, being both mankinds Salvation or the cause of his and her down fall.

Having been beguiled, Eve became Wise, All Knowing; Man’s first sign of Wisdom being that Man recognized his Nakedness, the fact that he was Bare-Ass-Naked, Bare in the sense that Man recognize that the only possibility for Mankind’s salvation was to hide his nakedness, to run and hide in the bushes at the first sign of danger; Mankind, man and woman having been born incomplete, flawed, without specification, not being born fully developed, fully clothed, being born bare, less than  mere Animal, his and her only salvation being that Mankind become God Like, more than a mere animal born of the dust of the ground, Fundament,  that the Wisdom, the Knowledge Gleaned by the Great Femininity, the Immaterial, Spiritual Body, Eve, the Mind being Mankind’s Helpmate, Man and Woman’s Salvation, Savior.

Adam and Eve, the First Humane Being, the Two that are One, the Flesh Body and the Spiritual Body, Mind and Body acting as the Whole of a Single Reality becoming the Ultimate Survivor, attaining Everlasting, Eternal Life of the Species.

The Fundamentalist Male, out of Fear, does not Trust Woman; Woman's intent being to castrate Man having Machismo, a distorted, perverted sense of Manliness, Brawniness, Pig headed Man having a strong or exaggerated sense of manliness; an assumptive attitude that virility, courage, strength, and entitlement to dominate, the attributes or concomitants of masculinity, strong or exaggerated sense of power or the right to dominate.

Having a perverted, distored sense of Manliness, masclinity, not being limited to the Fundamenlist Male, being representive of Man in Genereal, Man having a Competive Spirit.

16. briars2roses profile image58
    briars2rosesposted 11 years ago

There is lots of stories about a pre-adamic race, and stories of Lilith.  Most say Lilith came before Adam.   But when tracing back the sources of these stories and where they began, the stories of Lilith stem from the times of Nimrod and his wife Samuramis.   In fact that is where the roman gods, greek gods, and many of our pagan traditions started from, despite how pagans will say that paganism is the oldest religion.

1. jacharless profile image75

Well said.

2. profile image52

Living the Myth

When man and woman get married the two become a couple, Two that are One.

The First Woman in Myth, whomever you decided that to be, is not a Woman as in Man and Woman.

Adam born of the dust of the ground is reprehensive of Material, Physical Man, Mankind to include woman, the Two that are one being  the  First Human Being, the First Two that are One.

Mankind, Mortal Man, Material, Physical, Animal,  Man and Woman
      born of the dust of the ground, the Evolutionary Process; , Mankind’s Helpmate the Great Feminity being a Creation, not being a Material, Physical Reality, being Immaterial, a Spiritual Being.

The Great Femininity actually being the Spirit of God that was breathed into Mankind's nostrils, being the Immortal Spirit of God; The Passion of God, the Great Femininity, alive in the Flesh; the Immortal Spirit of God made Manifest a Living Soul;  Adam and Eve as a Couple;  Adam being the Flesh, the Material, Physical Body with Adams Helpmate, whomever you decided that to be, being a Creation rather than having been born of the dust of the ground, is Immaterial, is the Spiritual Body; The Two as One to walk the Earth having both a Physical Body and Spiritual Body, being the Savior of Mankind.

1. profile image52

The posters on this forum about to have a Revelation; None could be closer to understanding the Reality of Myth.

Myth is created in order to preserve the man's history.

A Rose, is a Rose, is Rose and by any other name is still a Rose.

Man's Spiritual Body by any other Name such as Medusa, Lilith, Pandora, Eve, as is Diana Goddess of the Moon, by what ever name is still the same;  Femininity, the Spiritual Body being Immaterial, is uncaused, is a a Creation, is born of Nothing.
        Femininity existing as a Spiritual State of Being.

Consciousness of Mind, Self, is based upon a system of Chaos and as such is highly sensitive to starting conditions:

Chaos (mythology)

In Greek mythology, the primeval state of emptiness, but in later Greek philosophy a universe of muddled forms and elements which separated out into our world.

The Spiritual Body, the Conscious Mind in the beginning exists as a primeval state of Emptiness, which in its intermediate state exists , as a World  of muddled forms and elements, which later separates out into our World of Reality.

Chaos:

A state of disorder and irregularity whose evolution in time, though governed by simple exact laws, is highly sensitive to starting conditions: a small variation in these conditions will produce wildly different results.
        Long-term behavior of chaotic systems cannot be predicted. Chaos is an intermediate stage between highly ordered motion and fully-random motion. For example, in fluid flow, a slowly moving fluid exhibits perfectly regular flow; as the fluid velocity increases, the flow becomes chaotic; and as the velocity increases still further, the flow becomes fully turbulent (random).

17. briars2roses profile image58
    briars2rosesposted 11 years ago

For those who have encountered succubus and incubus... some will tell you that Lilith is a demonic succubus.

I feel the association is unfortunate.  A personal preference perhaps, but not one I associate with in regard to the Lillith traits.

1. profile image0

FMPOV the Jews just wanted to vilify any uppity woman who dared want equality with man. In their scriptures that is. I am told that Jews had more respect for women than most of the cultures in the area as they were greatly influence by Egypt, who for much of their history gave women full equality and were a matriarchal system for much of their earlier history.

Regards
        DL

I feel this imbalance will shift, in many cultures the oppression of women is unsustainable, especially as the information highway is so global which pushes women to speak out.  They are not hidden so much from the world and can see the inequality.

The higher and more integral traits of Lilith are phenomenal.  She is sharp, strong and can stand aside anyone, if not above them. ( Eating children is not one of her past times and I loathe the association put on her.)  Any wonder she would not lay beneath Adam.

I like to use the association with the Emerald Tablet - as above, so below.  Anyone who can reach the depths of themselves will reach the heights if they can hold onto their integrity.  A powerful woman full of compassion and truth is a danger to a patriarchal  rule.

1. profile image0

Things have and will continue to improve but only if women and brighter men push for it. I have and find too few in agreement for my taste. You and yours have much work to do.

Good luck.

You have a formidable foe in religion. Especially the Abrahamic cults who are powerful thanks to the women in them who kowtow still.

Regards
            DL

Very sad re the current execution of the young woman in Afghanistan.  I'm a bit taken aback at the media frenzy because this sort of nonsense has been going on for a long time.  Just because now it happens to be on a video does it seem real to the masses.

Though I'm actually glad it's become more publicized.  Heaven forbid, it takes this type of sideshow to change the corruptness of our human behaviors.

1. profile image0

Let us pray to all the Gods that things do change.
                It is all up to women. Most men just give lip service to equality.

Regards
                DL

2. profile image52

Briars2 to Roses wrote;      For those who have encountered succubus and incubus... some will tell you that Lilith is a demonic succubus.

Jewels wrote;    I feel the association is unfortunate.  A personal preference perhaps, but not one I associate with in regard to the Lillith traits.

Wayne wrote;

Take a look at Medusa; said to be Beautiful Evil.

Metaphors, Metaphors, Metaphors!
        Secret Knowledge,

You have to stop looking a Eve, Lilith, Medusa, Pandora, as being a Female member of the Human Race, Mortal Man, Mankind; Femininity having the potential of being Good or Evil.

As the Knowing single source of Knowledge, the non-machismo side of Mankind, of Mortal Man, of Man born of Flesh and Bone, the dust of the ground, of Animal Man, Femininity being Mankind's Spiritual side, being a creation, by nature exists as a System of Chaos,

In Greek Mythology, Chaos, Femininity, Man's Spiritual Body, the Mind existing as a Primeval State of Emptiness.

chaos (physics)
        A state of disorder and irregularity whose evolution in time, though governed by simple exact laws, is highly sensitive to starting conditions: a small variation in these conditions will produce wildly different results. Long-term behavior of chaotic systems cannot be predicted. Chaos is an intermediate stage between highly ordered motion and fully-random motion.

They are not personal members of the human race, but myths to portray psychological traits.  We have within us the ability to be everything, including Medusa.  Kiss principle works best.

1. profile image0

Exactly. Unless you are just trying to impress others instead of just getting the message across.

Regards
            DL

18. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

His first wife didn't have a name...he just called her 'hey, you!'

1. jacharless profile image75

Growing up I would constantly hear my friends dad yelling, "Jesus Christ, Woman". So I assumed Jesus was his wife...

tongue  You guys have wised up obviously.

1. Brandon Tart profile image60
          Brandon Tartposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't put a lot of stock in apocryphal writings... they are the works of Gnostics who have puny conjectures that were derivatives of outsiders of the time of penning what is now codex-operative.  For instance:  say I have a close encounter of the third kind, and my family is with me at the time of witnessing the encounter.  They can verify what I saw, and speak about it.  However, while they were all in the car with me at the time of the event, each of them was not privy to the best angle, an angle that I alone was privy to since my wife and two daughters were in the back seat.  They all got a glimpse, but I was staring right at it for much longer. 

I get on Hubpages after the encounter, and begin to codify the elapsed event, while my wife calls my ex GF who she remains friends with to this day.  When she tells old Sally about my alien encounter, Sally tells another set of dudes she hangs out with because they remind her of me.  They all start talking about it and suddenly the event took place with me riding in a car with Old Sally, and my wife and daughters were in the car behind me chasing me in my affair-gone-wild. 

After a while, I was with Sally and the Wife. 

Eve was Adams wife, his only wife.  No believing Jew respectfully adds insult to the word of God, nor does he allow others to hear that Lileth saw what Adam saw... Bone of his bones, flesh of his flesh: EVE. 

Lilith falls into the same category as the Books of Thomas, Mary and other apocryphal burps with vomit in them.

1. profile image0

Yet it is the Christians that killed many Gnostics and tried to0 burn all their gospels that gave woman equality so that Eve could be the kowtowing example to humanity and that the he shall rule over you was firmly entrenched.

You know scriptures but have no clue on how to interpret them if you blame Gnostics for what we have today.

Regards
            DL

actually I have no problem with feminine equality, at least not as much of a problem as I do with things such as, oh, I don't know... ad hominem.

Christians were killed, and so were many others... but you are talking about a very radical, illiterate bunch from the past, Greatest I Am. 

To pull the modern era down to the same miniscule type-set and type the two into the same sentence is a great deal worse; such an erroneous retort is sad, and it is very sad at that.  Historically, a poor interpretation is what lead to the slaughter of one set, and another set was slaughtered due to political intolerance.

History has a problem of making a victory out to be a villain at times, too, so mind that.  The Crusades would have had as much political weight to its having once been, than it did that the Christians were at once, a blood-thirsty barbaric race of men.  The Gnostic Gospels such as Thomas', Mary's, and other apocryphal writings like Maccabees were deleted by scholarly minds who strived to determine whether these writings could be verified as authentic based solely on when they were written. 

Gnosticism can be compared to a term we use now - Elitism.  These occult sects believed that they had a special knowledge that was delivered in a coo-coo contemplate one's navel fashion, that was supposed to have trumped Apostleship Status.  Having spent time with Jesus, and being able to historically verify the authorship of Peter, James, John, Matthew, Who LUKE is and why he was around, Paul and his claims to having encountered Christ on the road to Damascus, is a good reason to trust the words of these men, especially when you compare their works, words, inclusions of prophecy, and historicity by ardent and scholarly comparison - i.e. -- their works can be trusted where Gnostic writings can be adequate toilet paper.

Why?  - read them.  They are superior works of mumbo-jumbo and delusory, hallucination-like sentences that better are best described as a New Agers rantings, and people pretending to be "aware."

What I know is that having been killed for heresy, is different from having been killed because you won't kiss the feet of a king of this world, when you've the faith to have kissed the feet of the King of Glory who hung on a cross.  Dying in faith is not to be compared with dying for being deceptive and speaking a Gospel of sensuality.  The sensationalist Gnostics were Dianists, Appolists, and other Helenistic hand-me-down inclusion sects who wanted their cake, and eat it, too.  Christ did not promise icing, he promised bread... His word, that is, and if mysticism can be included in the Christian walk, you can trust that the Bible that we have in the Codex fashion of our era is full of enough gold nuggets to interpret out of its pages without having to reach outside if  its contents to Gnostic Gnarbage.

Regards,
              BHT

1. profile image0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xH93PSZ6fQ

You go ahead and trust your plagiarized and forged bible. Those of intelligence will not.

Trust in a book that begins with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed monster. How droll.

Regards
                DL

smile
                  What?  Really?  You want to take that literally?  Man... unbelievable that you would say that after your first "retort"....

1. profile image0

So you just cherry pick what is literal and what is not.
                    Handy.

Regards
                    DL

2. profile image0
              diyomarpandanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

Link me up my friend. I would like to read it but do not as yet know how to navigate to it.
                I admit to being computer illiterate.

Regards
                DL

1. profile image0
                  diyomarpandanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

Excellent work.
                    My kingdom for such eloquence.

The only thing I would have added for spice, I'm that kind of guy, would have been that Jews read that myth as -----

"Instead of the Fall of man (in the sense of humanity as a whole), Judaism preaches the Rise of man: and instead of Original Sin, it stresses Original Virtue"

Man's elevation IOW, not his fall.
                    That is likely why they do not recognize the concept of original sin and also do not use Eden to vilify women.

http://www.mrrena.com/misc/judaism2.php

As a Gnostic Christian, I always like to stick it to the Christian usurpers of the Jewish God.

Regards
                    DL

19. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 11 years ago

It saids that God created man and woman on the 6th day. Gen 1:26-31

Then In Gen 2:1 It saids that God rested on the seventh day.

Then In Gen 2:7 (after God rested) God saids that he does not have a man to til the ground, so he creates Adam: meanings man, reddish, ruddy skin

Then In Gen2:22 God creates Eve.

So the man created in Gen 1:26 was not Adam.

1. profile image0

Who was created with Lilith?
      Or do we ever find out?
      I think even the Jews think it was Adam.
      They write adam, lower case, and that means society.

Regards
      DL

1. profile image52
        passingthewordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lilith was not adam's wife

1. profile image0

Thanks for repeating your view.
          Care to answer my question now?
          If you know who was not, then you must know who was.

Who, if not Adam, was created with Lillith?

Regards
          DL

1. profile image52

sorry.
            I don't know when this lillith was born but I believe that in Gen 1:26 God created all the races (fisherman, herders ect...). Blacks Asians. ect.....

1. profile image0

You believe that God created based on what?
              Other than hearsay and book say, do you have something concrete to point to?

Scriptures say that all that he creates is perfect. Perfect always stays perfect is also scripture.

Do you see perfection all around the way I do?

Regards
              DL

1. profile image52

He said that he looked at what he created and it was (GOOD).

2. profile image52

We are living the Myth born of just so much Babel

Language is just so much Babel because we speak in metaphors and as such we are not actually speaking of things as usually defined;

Adam, Mankind as a species, to include woman, Mortal Man, Animal Man, is born of the dust of the ground, fundament, something of little value; Adam and Eve not being the First Man and Woman, Eve being adam’s,  man’s, Mankind's helpmate, not being adam’s wife; Adam and Eve being, the First Humane Being, an Immortal Being; adam being the Flesh, the Material, the Physical, Body;  adam's helpmate, soul mate, savior, salvation, being Eve, being immaterial, not being material, physical , being Immaterial,  being adam's, Man's, Mankind's, to include Woman's, spiritual,  Immortal Body, being the Immortal Spirit, the Passion of God that was breathed into Man's Nostrils; the Feminine Spirit being a Creation; Compassion, the Feminine Spirit not being born of the dust of the ground, being born of the Air,

Compassion, the Feminine Spirit, is not natural to Man born of the dust of the ground,
        Clay, Fundament, Shit, is a Creation.

Ninety-nine percent of every creature ever born on the Planet Earth is not extinct due to the competitive Nature necessary to fight and to win The Battle for the Survival of the Most Fit; The Creature, having had the Spirit of God Breathed into his nostrils becoming wise, all knowing, God like, has become the Ultimate Survivor.

However!!!!!!

Mankind’s Helpmate, the Spirit of God, the Great Femininity, is referred to as being Beautiful Evil because Feminine Wile is the Source of duplicity, guilefulness, deception,
        Feminine Wile, being the greatest cause of all suffering, being based upon knowledge having a Dual Quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge; knowledge born of rationalization, conjecture, speculation, theory,  Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge; whatever Idea, thought, conjecture, speculation, theory, coming to mind, of the All-knowing, a know-it-all, being absolutely Good Knowledge,  being Knowledge having a dual quality,  being the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Knowledge born of Feminine Wile, Wisdom.
        We are living the Myth born of just so much Babel

Language is just so much Babel because we speak in metaphors and as such we are not actually speaking of things as usually defined;

Adam, Mankind as a species, to include woman, Mortal Man, Animal Man, is born of the dust of the ground, fundament, something of little value; Adam and Eve not being the First Man and Woman, Eve being adam’s,  man’s, Mankind's helpmate, not being adam’s wife; Adam and Eve being, the First Humane Being, an Immortal Being; adam being the Flesh, the Material, the Physical, Body;  adam's helpmate, soul mate, savior, salvation, being Eve, being immaterial, not being material, physical , being Immaterial,  being adam's, Man's, Mankind's, to include Woman's, spiritual,  Immortal Body, being the Immortal Spirit, the Passion of God that was breathed into Man's Nostrils; the Feminine Spirit being a Creation; Compassion, the Feminine Spirit not being born of the dust of the ground, being born of the Air,

Compassion, the Feminine Spirit, is not natural to Man born of the dust of the ground,
        Clay, Fundament, Shit, is a Creation.

Ninety-nine percent of every creature ever born on the Planet Earth is not extinct due to the competitive Nature necessary to fight and to win The Battle for the Survival of the Most Fit; The Creature, having had the Spirit of God Breathed into his nostrils becoming wise, all knowing, God like, has become the Ultimate Survivor.

However!!!!!!

Mankind’s Helpmate, the Spirit of God, the Great Femininity, is referred to as being Beautiful Evil because Feminine Wile is the Source of duplicity, guilefulness, deception,
        Feminine Wile, being the greatest cause of all suffering, being based upon knowledge having a Dual Quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge; knowledge born of rationalization, conjecture, speculation, theory,  Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge; whatever Idea, thought, conjecture, speculation, theory, coming to mind, of the All-knowing, a know-it-all, being absolutely Good Knowledge,  being Knowledge having a dual quality,  being the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Knowledge born of Feminine Wile, Wisdom.

1. profile image0

Eh. Ok.
          There is no bad knowledge. If you think there is, please give us a sample.

Regards
          DL

1. profile image52

There is no bad knowledge. If you think there is, please give us a sample.

The Moon is made out of Cheese.
            Of course I am kidding.

You are correct; Absolutely Bad Knowledge being an Illusion of Reality;
            Absolutely Bad Knowledge does not exist; In order to exist, Absolutely Bad Knowledge must be mistaken to be, must exist as  Absolutely Good Knowledge.

Absolutely Bad Knowledge existing only because said Knowledge is Guileful, Duplicitous, Deceptive, in that it is mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge;
            Absolutely Bad Knowledge having a Dual Quality being the Duality that is the greatest cause of all suffering, the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

First you have to define the meaning of the word Knowledge, to Know, to understand, to experience, to become familiar with, to have intercourse with; to cosume, to eat of the knowledge of a Reality, a Physical, Material Reality, Reality existing independent of our Ideas, our thoughts, our conjecture, our speculation, our Theory, our Belief System, Truth being the Absolutely Good Knowledge that we speak of.

I use the word Absolute when referring to Good Knowledge, even though it is not necessary, is actuality necessary because many do not realize that Knowledge having dual Quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge being mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge is an Illusion of Reality, is deceptive, duplicitous, Guileful, and as you say there is no Bad Knowledge simply because Absolutely Bad Knowledge is the Knowledge of NoThing, is nothing more than an Illusion of Realityas long as you do not mistake Absolutely Bad Knowledge to be Absolutely Good Knowledge.

Lies, Absolutely Bad Knowledge that we speak of, does not exist unless e mistaken to be the Truth; a Lie not taken to be the truth is Hog Wash, simply BS, is just no mush Babel, Gibberish.

If you truly believe that no One has never mistaken a lie to be the Truth then you can say that lies do not exist, If you Know that Absolutely Bad Knowledge is never mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge, then you can profess that the Knowledge of Good and Evil does not Exist.

I can not believe that you have never discovered a Truth by realizing that what you thought was Absolutely Good Knowledge turned out to actually be Absolutely Bad Knowledge.

So 'Bad knowledge' that which is out of integrity, ie not Truth, and therefore is the dross that needs to be enlightened so as to align to the Absolute.  Part of non-alignment is what keeps us fallen.

1. profile image52

Make it simple!

Absolutely Bad Knowledge, Knowledge having a dual quality, is the duality that is said to be the greatest cause of all suffering; Knowledge that is guileful, duplicitous.

The Consumption of Absolutely Bad Knowledge causing the Individuality, male and female, to be guileful, to be duplicitous, deceptive, two faced, to talk out of both sides of his or her mouth, to be a double dealer, causing man to speak with a Forked Tongue.

Forked Tongue? Get it, to be a low down dirty snake in the grass.

Having swallowed a Half-Truth hook line and sinker as though it were the Absolute Truth, said Lie,  said Knowledge born of a Single Source, Origin, is given two different names as said Absolutely Bad Knowledge issues forth, actually comes to Fruition as though it were Absolutely Good Knowledge, said Knowledge being given two even though the two were One in the same, said Absolutely Bad Knowledge Coming to Fruition as  the Knowledge of Good and Evil,

Wisdom is necessary for Man’s, Mankind’s, his and her survival; the only problem is, “in becoming to Wise”, All Knowing, a Know-it-All.

Being All-Knowing, being a Know-it-All, God Like, by eating of One particular Source of Knowledge, what ever sense of Reality comes to mind is taken to be Absolutely Good, regardless of the source, even though Knowledge born of a Single Source, Single mindedness, is Absolutely Bad Knowledge, is Knowledge having a Dual Quality, is none other that the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Seek the Truth from many sources, Truth that is Universal
                in Way, Spirit, Nature,  for the Absolute Truth shall set you free of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, Duplicity, from speaking with a  Forked Tongue, Deception, Guilefulness, from being a low down dirty Snake in the Grass.

Example; The Fundamentalist Islamic Male, but also to include the Basic Macho Man, Fundamentalist Man having Machismo, Brawniness, the Pig Headed Man having no respect for woman, is born of Absolutely Bad Knowledge,  is born of Mankind’s, Man’s, Man and Woman’s perverted, distorted, sense of Manliness, Machismo; Yes the Female
                ls somewhat responsible for the male’s assumptive attitude that virility, courage, strength, and entitlement to dominate, are attributes or concomitants of masculinity, Manliness.

Don't become a Wise Ass!!

So really a man needs to learn to keep his penis to himself, stop blaming women for his sexual urges, and spiritually go within and seek guidance instead of from a church that teaches guilt and false doctrines.

1. profile image0

Yep.

Regards
                    DL

2. profile image52

No!

The point being that Machismo, Brawniness is Sic, Sic, Sci, is a mental Illness, the Mindset of the Beast being born of Absolutely Bad Knowledge, Man's, Mankind's, Man's and woman's, perverted, distorted, understanding of Masculinity and Femininity being  born of the Great Femininity; The Great Femininity having nothing to do with sexuality.

Femininity it a Metaphor used to represent Mankind’s
                    Non-Material, Non-Physical, Mankind’s; Immaterial, Spiritual Body, Being, the Rational Mind, the All-Knowing, I Am, Self, the Ego that is God Like.

The Rational Mind is the Single Source, Origin, of Absolutely Bad Knowledge, knowledge having a dual quality, Absolutely Bad Knowledge mistaken to be Absolutely Good Knowledge, the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Do not consume, partaken, of the Fruit, the Knowledge, which comes to Fruition, is made manifest; Knowledge having a dual quality, Knowledge that is given two names as it issues forth, comes to Fruition as Absolutely Good Knowledge, even though the dual, the Two are the Same, Absolutely Bad Knowledge being made manifest Absolutely Good Knowledge; The Knowledge of Good and Evil.

The Knowledge of God and Evil being Duplicitous, Guileful, Knowledge born of Femininity, Mankind’s Non-Physical, Non-Material, Body, the Immaterial, Spiritual Body, the Rational Mind.

Although it is thought to be a 20th Century interpretation it is obvious that the Ancients had though understanding of the Rational Mind.

Ronalize; 
                    —Usage. Although RATIONALIZE retains its principal 19th-century senses “to make conformable to reason” and “to treat in a rational manner,” 20th-century psychology has given it the now more common meaning “to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that seem reasonable but actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious causes.” Although the possibility of ambiguity exists, the context will usually make clear which sense is intended.

2. profile image0

Jewels

Some are fallen because religion has made it a profitable business to raise them up with B S since they were never fallen in the first place.

As a bishop Spong says, the church is in the guilt producing business.

Regards
                DL

Yes, Religion will have a lot to answer for - at least those teaching it.

Thankfully there are many with integrity outside these circles who actually 'get it'

1. profile image0

Yes and to get it means rejecting with force the religions now on offer.
                    Spirituality is what is important. Not which religious tribe you belong to.

Regards
                    DL

20. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Eve was his one and only...divorce wasn't invented until later.

1. profile image0

Who was Lillith?

Regards
      DL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)