FEMA Camps

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. armywife2007 profile image60
    armywife2007posted 11 years ago

FEMA Conscentration camps. Are they really here to hold Americans in. What does everyone believe do you believe in these camps?

1. Don W profile image81
      Don Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, tin foil hats on everyone!

2. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Howdy Armywife.

I trust you have taken measures to insure your information on this subject is coming from a variety of independent journalistic sources. 

For a contrasting viewpoint, read…

Fear of FEMA - Southern Poverty Law Center
      http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i … ar-of-fema

The Evidence: Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics
      http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol … ws/4312850

Debunking Web Myths About FEMA Camps - Fox News Corp
      http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513024,00.html

I hope you have not already made up your own mind. If you have then I doubt anything you read now will matter much. Personally, I follow a rule made popular by Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996), "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+++

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just curious, where'd you come up with that idea?

4. Xenonlit profile image60
      Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

FEMA has programs for a complete breakdown of law and order, devastating natural disasters and a host  of other crazy situations that have nothing to do with a government gone mad.

People would be in FEMA camps for many reasons, including during catastrophic and widespread natural disaster that is no one's fault.

The last thing we need is a bunch of Dittoheads trying to take over our country with their  trucks and their AR-15s. Thus, the camps would be  to keep the knotheads corralled so the government  and the drug cartels do  not have to kill them in massive numbers.

In other scenarios, a devastating flu or a major internal or external terrorist attack could destabilize things to the point where a huge number of people would need food and support.

In other scenarios, FEMA camps could be refuges... or refugee camps for those who have been forced to leave an area or region. That could happen for natural or other reasons..

So let's take a look at FEMA camps as something that does many things and for many reasons.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

What on earth are you talking about?  Nothing keeps people in FEMA housing other than an inability to find housing elsewhere after a disaster.

3. profile image54
    whoisitposted 11 years ago

Are there clips involved?

4. armywife2007 profile image60

Yes, there are FEMA Camps all over the United States. There is one not to far from where I work. And what I was asking is that after doing alot of research, that do people believe that FEMA has them for the purpose of one day detaining Americans. Please note that I have reasearched this alot over the past few months. I am asking others what they think on the matter. Do you believe its true or not?

5. psycheskinner profile image84

No, there are not.  Feel free to point one out on Google maps and I will find someone in htere who can tell you what the facility really is.

Even as conspiracy theories go, this one makes no sense.

6. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

The united states has a passion for encampments.  The forced labor industry in the U.S. is one of the most profitable industries in the world.

Have you not seen the jail cells erected for those that have received a legal permit to petition the government, to redress their grievances?  A permit to engage in a Constitutionally granted right?  Imagine, needing a permit to protest the target of your rage?

If anyone does not believe that the NDAA and other security measures is not preparing for mass incarcerations,   I truly pity your naivete.  But just go on funding your prison, silently!

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If, like OP, you think they have already set up FEMA concentration camps including one that can hold "two million people" ... well ... I probably can say what I think without getting banned from the forums.

1. profile image54
        whoisitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does it anger you so? How sad.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you are projecting.  It just makes me wonder how people believe stuff that is so obviously and easily shown to be not true by going to the site of the "camp".  This is a conspiracy theory and even most conspiracy theorists know is not true.

1. profile image54

I don't think I'm projecting at all. You said if that person believed something you would react in a way that might get you banned. I just think thats sad that you have so little tolerance to others views.

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mad?

lol

They may not be erected, but there are plans that can be implemented quickly.  All it takes is some chainlink and a few armed guards,  erect some tents and you got a camp.

1. profile image54

Oh no, not armed guards, people seem to hate that for some reason.

7. armywife2007 profile image60

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7581711_f248.jpg

Here is a map for you to look at that shows where they are. In fact I have been to 3 of them to see if they really did exsist. You cannot drive up to them but I could see them from the road. Like I have said I started research on this about a year ago and really started looking more into it a few months ago.

8. armywife2007 profile image60

Yes Quilligrapher I have taken the measures to insure my information was from a variety of realible sources. Its not something I figured I would ask others opions on without having found facts on the matter and done alot of research on. And thank you for your post the sites you recommened might help someone else look at both sides.

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Armywife, why do you want to believe this to be true? What is it that attracts certain people to believe these crazy conspiracies.

1. armywife2007 profile image60

There are things that are around the United States that just do not make sense because they should not be there or should even exists. It makes them even more intresting and doing research on these subjects are wait intrest me. It is amazing what you will find out about our own country that most close their eyes or turn their heads about. And Im just not one of those people, I see something or hear something that is intresting Im going to find out more about it.

2. psycheskinner profile image84

FEMA camps are only my list of threats to worry about, just below zombie plague and just above being mugged by a meth-addicted unicorn.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. armywife2007 profile image60

Well psycheskinner I am so happy that you think that way. May all your dreams come true. lol

4. profile image0
      Aleister888posted 11 years ago

While i can not deny that i have seen some fairly compelling evidence to suggest that these FEMA camps have a secondary usage for civilians in the future, i think the reality is that its initial conception was purely for reasons of dealing with national emergencies...

Could a tyrannical government hijack the system, or have planned it for another reason, sure ... but...i like to think optimistically that the general public would put a stop to a government like that, looonng before it came to anything like fighting off against going to camps.

Interesting post, keep the different points of view coming ^_^

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)