Are you thankful?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (34 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

When is the last time you were thankful for something in your life? Even the small things, like a roof over your head and food in your belly?

moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It seems,that the more we are thankful the more our conciousness shifts to positive things and the more thankless we are the less we seem to have. At least that is what I have found anyway. I'd love to hear what you are thankful for in your life right now . Look forward to hearing from you!!

2. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can attest to the fact that I am thankful for having a roof over my head and a warm place to stay.  Better than a tent any day.  Even though I've had some rough times in the not so distant past, I'm thankful that I'm still alive.

Thank you Sarra!!!I'm glad you are still alive too!!! Many things to be thankful for!!!!

3. ExpectGreatThings profile image76
      ExpectGreatThingsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a sign in my bathroom that says:
      I am thankful for:
      piles of laundry & dishes because it means that my loved ones are near
      floors that need scrubbing, bathrooms that need washing & counters that need cleaning because it means that I have a home.

Thankfulness doesn't come naturally to me, but when I am thankful (especially for the little things), life is so much sweeter!

2. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Yes, moneyfairy, I am thankful. There are so many things but I will say today that I'm thankful for the ability to regroup, take a deep breath, be faithful, and get done what I need to do. I'm thankful for God-given skills and common sense that help me focus and complete tasks when I feel that there isn't enough time. I have a lot going on so this is what resonates with me right now, as I prepare to move on to the next task at hand.

Thank you for sharing all the things your are blessed with and thankful for!!! Glad you had a great day!!!

3. Renee Abbott profile image80
    Renee Abbottposted 11 years ago

Today, has been given to me. It is a day for me to use respectfully in honor of the Goddess/God who blessed me with it. What a wonderful day for me to create meaning, love, joy, in others as well as my own life. I have been blessed to have a new day to be active in and explore.

Thank you Renee for sharing your blessings!!!

4. KA Pederson profile image63
    KA Pedersonposted 11 years ago

For the new year, I have actually made this a resolution!   I write down 5 things a day for what I am thankful for.  I am finding myself mentally throughout the day noting things I want to write for tomorrow.

KA: that is an awesome resolution!!! Keep up the thankfullness!!!! Yeah you!!! When you think about it we are always blessed with something to be thankful for!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

5. bituinolayquizano profile image60
    bituinolayquizanoposted 11 years ago

Before i sleep i always thank God in everything that happens to me the whole day and as soon as i wake up in the morning i thank Him too for making me start a new day.

Every little things good or bad that happens in my life I thank them all because i always believe that everything happens for a reason.

What a beautiful practice!!! Thanks for sharing!!! keep up the thankfullness!!!

6. moneyfairy profile image60

I am so very thankful for my guardian Angels. I feel so very blessed.
    Whatever you are thankful for you can write about. Look forward to your contiued sharing on what you are thankful for!!! Have a blessed day.

7. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I'm pretty much thankful every day. smile

That's a good way to live paradigmsearch. It's a great thing to be thankful.

8. cjpooja26 profile image62
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

I am thankful for God, for giving me such a beautiful life and best parents. As I read in The Secret novel that we should always be thankful for everything happen in our lives and I am thankful for everything.

Yes you are so right the more thankful we are in our lives the fuller our lives are and the more thankless we are the less we have. Thank you for being thankful. It's a good place to be. Thank you for sharing.

9. moneyfairy profile image60

I am so thankful for the opportunity to write.
    I am thankful for freedom of expression.

10. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

I am thankful for my family members, friends, opportunities, and recovery to being healthy. I had a couple of conditions that brought tears. It was a good chance to reflect on some of the good things I have experienced in life.

Thank you ocbill for realizing what you are thankful for. Sorry it took tearful happenings for those realizations. Glad all is well in your world now!!!! Great sharing!!!! Thanks!!!

11. moneyfairy profile image60

I am so very thankful for the roof over my head and abundance flowing to me now!!! Thank you God! thank you Universe!!! Thank you Angels!!!
    Thank you for all my Good. I am open and ready to recieve all my good now!!!!

12. Alphapx profile image61
    Alphapxposted 11 years ago

I always want to be thankful everyday. I love all the things that God has given me. From the air we breath to the land or soil we walked into, all are free.

Great!!! Thanks for sharing what you are thankful for.

13. SimpleJoys profile image68
    SimpleJoysposted 11 years ago

I am thankful for every day in my life. I especially feel this since my cancer has gone into remission. Each day begins and ends with a prayer to God thanking him for another day of remission. I am checked every 3 months for signs of cancer re-occurrence. I have another 4 1/2 years to go before I am pronounced cured.

SimpleJoys: Congrats on going into remission, what a wonderful thing to be thankful for!!!! Yeah for you!!! thank you for sharing!!!

14. profile image0
    SaritaJBonitaposted 11 years ago

I'm grateful that it's not below zero all year long!  The current temperature here in upstate NY is -5 (without the windchill!)

smile Great!!! Keep being thankful!!!!Good things will come!!! Stay warm!!!

15. profile image0
    MarvelTomboyposted 11 years ago

I wake up thinking of what I have and even though it's stressful trying to find a better paying job or at least a higher position in my company so I can raise enough money to move out, I am thankful I have a job close to my house rather than not have a job at all.

Good for you!!!! Being positive really helps you in being grateful!!!! Yeah You!!!!!Your better paying job will come to you if you keep being grateful for all things in your life!!!!keep staying positive!!!!

16. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

I'm conscious that I and most of my friends (and my son) are walking miracles. We have all been given a second chance at life.
    I recognize that when I am in gratitude, life flows smoother. I'm open instead of closed and rigid.
    But I still have to experience the opposite to appreciate what this blessed state really feels like.
    Today, I have more than ever to be thankful for. Amd I'm very conscious of that.
    Thank you, God! Thank you Angels and Ascended Masters.
    Thank you everyone who reminds me that gratitude is not a passive state of being, it's active.
    Great to be alive today!!
    MM

Great Great Great  reasons to be thankful!!!!

17. ivanmarginal profile image60
    ivanmarginalposted 11 years ago

I thank God for paying off my enormous debts in the past... I do really thanks, I couldn't imagine how my life would be if I still had those debts now.

That is awesome that your debts are paid that is a great reason to be thankful!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)