Google Adsense approved - Took 4 days, weekend included!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)
  1. skperdon profile image81
    skperdonposted 10 years ago

I have been a Rising Star, my hubs are being featured within hours on HubPages, and now my Adsense application has been approved. So what's my problem? Little or no traffic! I am now writing hub #11 and I only have 835 views total, since I started on HubPages a month ago.
    I am on the usual social networks, can anyone please, tell me what I'm not doing or what I'm doing wrong? Should I be panicking like this?

1. TheKatsMeow profile image87
      TheKatsMeowposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think you are on the right track, in fact you shouldn't feel bad, you are doing very well. Traffic takes time, it doesn't happen overnight. You have accomplished a lot in a short time and you should be proud.

skperdonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you TheKatsMeow. I am exited about it all and I love being able to write the way HubPages lets us write. Thank you for putting it in perspective for me.

2. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I second TheKatsMeow's remarks- you should be very pleased! It takes a LONG TIME and a lot of work and patience to build up significant levels of traffic, so do not be discouraged. This is a long-term game. smile

Thank you Simone. I am pleased, but also scared that I might lose something if I don't fix the traffic situation. I have no problem with work, but I do need to work on patience. Thanks again!

3. wowtgp profile image60
      wowtgpposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So are so lucky to have your AdSense account approved in such a short span of time.

Thank you wowtgp!

2. paiva25 profile image79
    paiva25posted 10 years ago

Gotta start off by saying LUCKY YOU!
    I've written 17 hubs and won a Rising Star too, and there are times I get 800 views in a day..But still no Adsense sad
    The trick to getting views is writing a few  hubs based on current topics and linking your other similar hubs to them as 95% of your traffic comes from Google searches.
    All the best smile

Wow! paiva25, you get views in one day what I got in a month! Hence my panic.
      I wish I knew what Adsense looks for in hubs, so I can tell you how mine was approved. I really hope yours get approved soon.
      I see what you are talking about. Thank you for the tip. I'm going to work on that.Thanks again.

3. Carola Finch profile image92
    Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

I suggest you post links to your articles whereever they will be accepted, like Twitter, Facebook, etc.  Just be careful because there are some rotten tomatoes out there who love to mark everything as "spam."  Part of the key to getting traffic is to write about topics that don't already have a lot of good coverage on the Internet.  I have only been here two months, but several articles have gotten thousands of hits - one over 12,000 - mainly through social media, much to my surprise and delight.

Nice job Carola Finch, that is a delight!
      I have posted on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+ and my website  on wordpress.com. so far.  Thank you for the tip on "spam", I'll be careful.

4. todphifer profile image60
    todphiferposted 10 years ago

Social networking best way to raise your popularity please make strong your social media parts. always keep active on social networking sites like facebook,syumbleupon,twitter,+1,hi5, linkedin etc.

Thank you todphifer. I'll work on making my media presence strong, I haven't done that.

5. srsddn profile image89
    srsddnposted 10 years ago

skperdon, I assume you are doing well. I have also done almost equal number of Hubs and joined a couple of weeks earlier than you. All I gather from senior Hub masters is that patience and perseverance are the key to success. I think we should continue to participate actively and the results would be there automatically. Best of luck to you!

Aren't the senior hub masters wonderfuI srsddn?!
      I am going to work on being an active participant in the hubpages community. I realize that I haven't been active on the online social scene and,  I got from the replies, that I have received so far, that I need to cultivate patience. Thank you so much for your advice. Happy hubbing to you srsddn!

6. profile image0
    Educateurselfposted 10 years ago

Hi skperdon,
    Welcome to hubpages I want to say one thing that traffic is not a problem to be panic many hubbers join hubpages and after a short time they quit. If you want to become successful hubber and writer then you need two things in my experience its the most effective things which will make you successful.
    1: Patience.
    2: Persistence.
    Best of luck.

Salaam and thank you Educateurself.
      I started writing to make money too, but I found that I love writing, so, producing good quality writing easily became my focus. However, I do need to cultivate the amount of patience it takes to build traffic and yes, I do fail at persistence too. I am not going to quit, thank you again. Best of luck to you too!

7. jericho911 profile image58
    jericho911posted 10 years ago

That's awesome ! I have one hub with that much traffic and can't get approved.  Good job smile

Thank you jericho911!  Don't give up on adsense.

8. bbgolfer profile image63
    bbgolferposted 10 years ago

Be patient, you're doing very well. check you article position in the result search pages on Google and take from there to enhance your position

Thank you bbgolfer, interesting tip. I will check.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)