Woo Hoo: I Hit 100 today on my Hubber Score

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years ago

I have been here since January, 2012 and this is only the second time I hit the hundred mark.  The first time it came and went quickly, but this time it has stuck...at least for today!  I have been working very hard to rework my articles and as a result  my hubber score has hit the top, my bounce rate has dropped 7 points, my views are good despite the recent down turn this weekend and I'm making a bit more money.  I have further to go, but that  100 sure looked good today!  I earned it!

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
      GeneralHowitzerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awesome and well-deserved achievement... Bask in your sweet victory... I know how it feels to achieve such, I have been there before...

TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It probably won't last long, but it sure is nice!

2. Peter34 profile image60
        Peter34posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good stuff! So how do you go about boosting your score ?
        P.s I'm a newbie here by the way smile

2. Aplethora23 profile image72
      Aplethora23posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow. I did not know that the score changes. I am brand spanking new here. I am still learning. Congrats on your 100. I still see the 100 smile Awesome. Good to know. I have learned something new today, as always.

3. Kevin Peter profile image60
      Kevin Peterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! How did you reach this score? Did you do something different to reach upto this score?

4. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Timetraveller smile , Im so happy for you.
      That 100 score attests to the fact that you've worked really hard to get there. Reaching 100 is no mean feat IMO.

Only once have i ever had a taste of that so desired score and it barely lasted a day, but it was such a "sweet" felling that made me feel so good.

Well done.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, deserving you!

6. hankfreid profile image61
      hankfreidposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good work!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

Nice.  Congrats!

Thank you.

3. dionm profile image67
    dionmposted 10 years ago

Congrats!  I'm new to HubPages and I actually just clued onto the concept of the scores.  I'm actually your antithesis - my hubber score was an awe inspiring zero yesterday!  lol

All of this, despite every entry being featured and a few on the 75+ mark only a couple of days after publication.

I'm @ 5 now.  So maybe I'll be joining you centenarians sometime soon yikes)  Congrats on the achievement.

4. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! What a well deserve achievement!

5. My Cook Book profile image61
    My Cook Bookposted 10 years ago

Congrats! I too have reached the Score of 100, i joined 8 weeks ago.

6. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

Congratulations. Share with us how you got it. My hubber score has gone down form 96 to 90 in a week. It might tell me why it went down.

7. Ceres Schwarz profile image41
    Ceres Schwarzposted 10 years ago

Congratulations. That's really great. The highest I ever got so far was a 91 but now I seem to be stuck at 89 for a few days now. How did you manage to get 100?

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 10 years ago

Excellent, TT!

9. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I did too, and there is no longer a dwelling that can contain the size of my head.
    I expect to remain a "100" for the remainder of my days.

Wouldn't that be nice, Beth 37!  For those of you who are asking, I did not set out with a goal of raising my hubber score.  What I DID set out to do was to go back into every one of my 127 hubs in an attempt to improve their quality.  This is VERY hard work, and I'm still hard at it.  Here are the main things I did:  corrected every grammar, structure, spelling and punctuation  error I could find.  Eliminated words that somehow got duplicated (to and to side by side, for example).  Created at least one made for Pinterest photo for each hub and placed it in the upper right hand corner of each hub.  Made sure that every link matched up appropriately.  Researched key words and also used Google Trends and changed titles and content where necessary.  Checked competition on various titles and eliminated articles I felt would never have a chance at succeeding.  Gave articles that needed it more complete information.  Restructured my formatting so that my articles looked "cleaner" visually.  I also set up a system to help me organize and track all of my articles.  As I said, this is LOTS of work, and it is already paying off.  My goal here is to have tight, well written, well searched articles that give meaningful information to readers.  This is all stuff I knew about but did not totally understand.  If you check any of my articles that already have the Pinterest photos on them, you can see examples of what I am talking about.  I have many more to go and am hoping to finish within the next two weeks and then take a well needed vacation.  I've been here 16 months and finally am "getting it"...I may never make a lot of money here on HP, but in the end, I will have a body of work that counts for something.  If you want to do the same..good luck, and if I can be of assistance, feel free to ask.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I didn't do any of that, but I did send Simone a check for $5. What she doesn't know is that it's going to bounce. I am assuming my score will be in the low 20's at that point. She can be so spiteful.

10. sriramapriya profile image67
    sriramapriyaposted 10 years ago

Congratulations Timetraveller!!!smile

11. NC4Life078 profile image74
    NC4Life078posted 10 years ago

Now if only their was an achievement to show the community of your hard work in the future.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, but you do get a badge you can wear in real life.

12. Candicetricks profile image58
    Candicetricksposted 10 years ago

Nice congrats. You have achieved it. I now it is not stable but it is a big thing. I know it. I am a newbie, joined day before yesterday and i am pretty happy to have 60 on my score. But i don't why my hubscore is increased. Please tell me. Congrats, boss.

Candicetricks:  hubscores are constantly changing.  You can read about them in the learning center, but basically as the quality of your work improves, the scores increase.  Welcome to HP and good luck.  Learn all you can because online writing is complicated and competitive.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)